Hi, Celareon, and welcome to Wikipedia! I noticed your recent contributions to Boston University — thanks! The size and scope of this project can sometimes be daunting for newcomers, so I thought I would say hello and offer you a few helpful links that might make contributing easier (and I do hope you will continue to stay and contribute).
- For a good quick introduction to Wikipedia and how it's used, check out Wikipedia:Introduction and the Wikipedia:Tutorial. There are also some tips for avoiding common mistakes.
- Wikipedia:Contributing to Wikipedia gives lots of good suggestions for things you can help out with around the encyclopedia, if you're looking for ideas!
- How to edit a page and the Manual of Style offer some tips and guidelines to formatting your work here on Wikipedia; if you're looking for more help, check out the Help:Contents.
- While Wikipedia is many things, there are also many things it cannot effectively be. Try and familiarize yourself with the policies regarding writing from a neutral point of view and what wikipedia is not.
- Hesitant to begin? Be bold! Wikipedia relies on editors like you to succeed, so if you see something you feel needs work, go for it!
If you've still got questions, the FAQ and the Help desk are good places to start. Listing yourself at the new user log will likely guarantee a response from friendly fellow editors as well. If there's anything I can help with, don't hestitate to drop me a note on my talk page -- just remember to sign your comments with four tildes (like this: ~~~~) and your signature will automatically be added.