- 1 How do i contact you about a page you helped remove?
- 2 A tip of the hat.
- 3 A trouting
- 4 Thanks. I just fixed the "bare URL" warning for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Paul_F._McManamon
- 5 00:37:34, 18 August 2014 review of submission by Shesaninja
- 6 Teleological argument
- 7 22:08:57, 21 August 2014 review of submission by AlexPMA
- 8 Request on 18:48:46, 23 August 2014 for assistance on AfC submission by Marco Curreli
- 9 17:04:10, 1 September 2014 review of submission by Kendrafutcher
- 10 18:40:13, 9 September 2014 review of submission by Teepurk
- 11 Fifi Ejindu
- 12 Request on 23:17:28, 7 October 2014 for assistance on AfC submission by Dave H Franks
- 13 PLEASE help me get this article accepted on your site
- 14 AfD close
- 15 G.I. Joe
- 16 Blacklane Rejection 15 August 2014
- 17 Request on 15:22:39, 18 November 2014 for assistance on AfC submission by Evelyn4414
- 18 Talkback
- 19 Kezia Noble
- 20 Draft October 17
- 21 The Talos Principle
- 22 21:57:36, 5 December 2014 review of submission by Norozco1
- 23 Article resubmitted
- 24 Thank you...
- 25 A brownie for you!
- 26 Happy Holidays...
- 27 Your submission at Articles for creation: Titan (gaming organization) has been accepted
- 28 Nomination of Mickey Fondozzi for deletion
- 29 My article about Ulf Langheinrich
- 30 Infobox photo discussion
- 31 15:43:53, 16 January 2015 review of submission by 22.214.171.124
- 32 RfC - Helper Script access
- 33 Data Lost in Section "Golf Courses Designed by Herbert Strong"
- 34 Help for Reviewing an article
- 35 18:06:31, 9 March 2015 review of submission by 126.96.36.199
- 36 New draft
- 37 Second Gene review
- 38 GA review for Al-Ma'arri
- 39 July 2015
- 40 Cricket article merge
- 41 Tunisian Arabic
- 42 Your submission at Articles for creation: Marie Musaeus Higgins has been accepted
- 43 A barnstar for you!
- 44 Peak Oil good article nomination review
- 45 Seven Different Leadership Styles
- 46 Donati Salla
- 47 Article Resubmitted by Abdulrahman1985
- 48 I have seen your Edits
- 49 Kindly Review the Article Draft:Donati Salla again
- 50 Jordan Lussey
- 51 Nominations for the Military history WikiProject historian and newcomer of the year awards now open!
- 52 Some dim sum for you!
- 53 Obama's asian trip listed at Redirects for discussion
- 54 For What It's Worth
- 55 Gospel of John has been nominated for Did You Know
- 56 Amethyst (Steven Universe)
- 57 Request on 23:16:49, 22 August 2016 for assistance on AfC submission by Tn90210
- 58 Request on 11:25:11, 19 September 2016 for assistance on AfC submission by 188.8.131.52
- 59 It's been three years, today.
- 60 Your opinion is requested
- 61 Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Don Allison
- 62 Peerless Network
- 63 Please review your deletion of Miss Tennessee USA
- 64 Please review your deletion of Molly Brown (pageant titleholder)
- 65 Operation Sweeny
- 66 Comics articles
- 67 Paul Mangano deleted page
- 68 15:45:00, 18 January 2017 review of submission by Belosnegova
- 69 10:21:43, 22 January 2017 review of submission by 184.108.40.206
- 70 21:40:35, 23 January 2017 review of submission by DennisLLSantiago
- 71 02:00:25, 24 January 2017 review of submission by DennisLLSantiago
- 72 08:42:36, 27 January 2017 review of submission by DennisLLSantiago
- 73 Administrators' newsletter - February 2017
- 74 Your submission at Articles for creation: Gibril Haddad has been accepted
- 75 On this day, 10 years ago...
- 76 March Madness 2017
- 77 Question
- 78 2017 Military history WikiProject Coordinator election
How do i contact you about a page you helped remove?
Hey i set up a article for Freshly Squeezed Music, but along with another you deleted it. I was just wondering how i could contact you for further information on the reasons why? And how to correct the article? - Electroswing770 13:42 04/01/2016
Hey, Thanks so much for the helpful tips! I've compiled a list of further sources that i have found, and i believe they correspond to the notability guidelines. If you have the time, could you glance at them to confirm notability? It would really help.
Mentions of FS in UK national press/established publications:
Also The Correspondents, White Mink, Nick Hollywood
LONDON EVENING STANDARD http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/hail-the-kings-of-hip-hop-swing-6525511.html
Also The Correspondents, White Mink, Nick Hollywood
MIXMAG - Bygone Beats article is not online BUT:
(Journalist Rahul Verma’s Blog:) reproduces text: http://vermarahul.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/wot-do-u-call-it-bygone-beatsvintage.html
And there’s a magazine Scan on the WM site: http://www.whitemink.co.uk/mixmag1.html > > >
THE TELEGRAPH (Nick Hollywood, Freshly Squeezed, White Mink) http://www.whitemink.co.uk/page25.html
Notable radio play: BBC RADIO 6 - Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=BBC+Radio+6+Craig+Charles+Freshly+Squeezed
- Electroswing770 11:05 11/01/2016
- Related discussion: User_talk:DissidentAggressor#How do i get in contact with you about a page? The Dissident Aggressor 16:53, 25 January 2016 (UTC)
A tip of the hat.
|A tip of the hat.|
|Today I Learned those statements "This article is about X, for the article about Y, see Z" at the top of articles are hatnotes. Thanks for adding one, and as a reward here's a note involving a hat. Psu256 (talk) 21:42, 31 July 2014 (UTC)|
You've been whacked with a wet trout.Don't take this too seriously. Someone just wants to let you know you did something silly.
Per WP:CIVIL, You don't ever badmouth annother editor. You have a complaint with my reviewing, you bring it to me. You see a persistent line of problematic reviews you bring it to WT:AFC you don't make your passive agressive remarks to someone else. Your wikilove has been truncated to remove the offending statement. Do it again and I will comb through your reviews and nitpick them to death. Hasteur (talk) 15:12, 15 August 2014 (UTC)
I created EML's timeline tonight by hand, using the sources listed. Would love it if you could look at it, and make any needed corrections... Thanks! ==== — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kevinakling (talk • contribs) 01:17, 18 August 2014 (UTC)
The next page I will create is EML's son, Maj. Gen. Henry Balding Lewis, would appreciate your review when I submit it. thanks for all your help! ==== — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kevinakling (talk • contribs) 11:20, 19 August 2014 (UTC)
Thanks. I just fixed the "bare URL" warning for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Paul_F._McManamon
00:37:34, 18 August 2014 review of submission by Shesaninja
i changed the first line to be more clear. can i resubmit now?
here is my draft: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:VJ_Um_Amel
- Glad I could help. Thanks for writing a great article. --Cerebellum (talk) 17:18, 21 August 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for the rewording of that sentence. There's something very odd going on there. I didn't seem to be able to get across what was wrong. Still worried about the citation. Next little step: pleroma? Myrvin (talk) 18:41, 22 August 2014 (UTC)
22:08:57, 21 August 2014 review of submission by AlexPMA
AlexPMA (talk) 22:08, 21 August 2014 (UTC) Regarding Capital Insurance Group Entry: Hi Cerebellum. I would be interested to learn more about why this article was denied as it was reviewed by two other edits with extremely minor edits and every fact was cited with either an internal wiki link or an external third party link. The page is salient because of two verifiable unique factors in the insurance industry (the first to offer a smoke-free premium credit and one of the very limited number of regional insurance companies with a mobile application.) Furthermore, the company is already cited in an existing wikipedia url of Kelly-Moore Paints (a stub article). As the url exists already, a fully-sited and strictly factual page would be a legitimate extension, would it not? Happy to abide by any/all guidelines but as far as I can tell by the wiki "best practices", this should be a solid fit. Please advise as to how to create a constructive article on this topic. Thank you AlexPMA (talk) 21:33, 11 September 2014 (UTC)
Hi Cerebellum! I have added a number of references supporting the article. At your earliest convenience, please, review the sources and hopefully approve the article. Kindest regards, Marco. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Marco Curreli (talk • contribs) 11:29, 7 September 2014 (UTC)
Hi Cerebellum! References have been added in the appropriate format to show notability. Please, approve the articles at your earliest convenience. Thanks.
17:04:10, 1 September 2014 review of submission by Kendrafutcher
Thank you for reviewing my contribution on Woodford Investment Management. I have now added more references. I do have press articles from international media titles including Handelsblatt in Germany and Xinhua News in China. Both being core media sources in Asia and Europe. These are not web references but I have scanned copies. Is there a way to reference these directly? Please do let me know if you need more references or if you would prefer references from other types of sources? Thank you. Kendra. Kendrafutcher (talk) 17:04, 1 September 2014 (UTC)
18:40:13, 9 September 2014 review of submission by Teepurk
I am unsure of why my article was declined and was wondering if you could help me out or tell me what exactly I would need to change. Thanks!
I notice that you moved the above article into mainspace. I would just like to ask what criteria you used to assess the fitness of the article in mainspace. I have just come across the article, and it seems that at least one other editor considers it to be highly promotional in nature, and has tagged the article accordingly. I'm just a little disappointed that an article full of unencyclopaedic trash, like the high level of detail given to her "reknowned" 50th birthday party, has been allowed into mainspace under the auspices of this AfD program. Regards, --¡digame! 03:52, 20 September 2014 (UTC)
- You are quite right, the article was in a deplorable state and I removed the worst bits. Please take another look and let me know what you think. --Cerebellum (talk) 17:41, 18 October 2014 (UTC)
My article "Sword-grip and Scabbard-grip" has been rejected because "This submission provides insufficient context for those unfamiliar with the subject matter." Is it an explanation of the context in which grips are used or an explanation of the context in which the terms Sword-grip and Scabbard-grip are used that is missing ? Any guidance as to how I need to amend my article in order to have it accepted would be greatly appreciated. Dave H Franks (talk) 23:17, 7 October 2014 (UTC) Dave H Franks (talk) 23:17, 7 October 2014 (UTC)
PLEASE help me get this article accepted on your site
I have already tried to post this question twice on TEAHOUSE, complete with the four tildes, and it disappeared, so I sent it to the information team and was told to talk to you directly. However, since you do not have an e-mail or private message section, I am forced to do it this way to try AGAIN. I apologize up front for the caps I'm about to use, and for anything I'm apparently not supposed to put here, but with your response to my article in your review, I'm not even aware of what that would be, and I have no other choice but to do things this way. This is the most FRUSTRATING THING I have EVER been through.
I have tried REPEATEDLY to submit an article on my boss, Ray Carr, at his request, BTW, and have repeatedly corrected items listed in my reviews, yet, NO MATTER WHAT I DO, this article keeps being rejected. And now, out of nowhere, this LATEST rejection includes this block: This submission has been blanked because its content violates Wikipedia's policies. This page has been blanked for privacy, security, or copyright reasons. Please do not restore the content that was removed.
WTF?????!!! NOWHERE in any review did ANY Editor tell me that my article was violating any policies!!! Why all of a sudden does this show up? I made very few changes since my last review, save ones requested by the editors, and nothing has ever been on that page that would cause a reaction like that - or, at least I've never been given that response before.
Here is the URL:
And here is the latest submitted text, which I WISELY saved onto my computer after the LAST time it was restored by Wikipedia, from its last rejection:
Raymond "Ray"/"DJRay" Kevin Carr, Sr. (born September 17, 1963) is a disc jockey, emcee, sports announcer and voiceover artist.  He has been a DJ since 1980, and is best known as the host of The Ray Carr Show , a weekly radio show on WCSB in Cleveland, OH. Ray has also been a radio host on WHK, and joined WCSB, 89.3FM - Cleveland State Radio in 2007. His show currently airs on Tuesday mornings from 7-9AM EST. He has interviewed national and local Cleveland celebrities, including Ted Neeley, Gloria Jones, Jim Brickman, Johnny Holliday, Dr. Demento, Harry Benson, Richard Cheese, Jim Berkenstadt, Ann Serling, George Sipl, Carl Maduri, Larry Morrow, Les Roberts, George Wallace, Louis Clark, Dick Goddard, Big Chuck and Little John, Chuck Bergman, John Gorman, Wavy Gravy, Neil Zurcher, and Joe Tait. Ray is taking courses at Cleveland State University, for a double degree in Sports Management/Psychology. He is an athlete and coach, and has played - and refereed - baseball, softball, ice and roller hockey, basketball, football and cycling. He has been announcing and doing color commentary for Lakewood Schools since 2001.  He ran in the CVS Marathon in 2000, finishing with a time of 3 hours and 45 minutes. He volunteers at the Cleveland YMCA, coaching and teaching classes, where he won the Golden Triangle Y.M.C.A. Award in 2001. Ray was drawn to sports and being in the middle of the action as far back as the early days of the Cleveland Cavaliers, when he was a ball boy during the Miracle of Richfield, in the 1975-1976 NBA season. He worked on the stat crew for the Cavs when Bill Fitch was coaching, and helped out their trainer, Charley Strasser, at home games.. A baseball fan since the age of 10, Ray spent many Sundays as a "pinch runner" in local games on the west side of Cleveland, OH  A supporter of many charities, Ray, most notably, has emceed the annual Alheimers Organization Blondes vs Brunettes Charity Powder Puff Football Game since 2011. The 2014 game raised $41,500 dollars for Alzheimers. He has also been one of the emcees for the White Cane Walk  at Legacy Village in Lyndhurst, OH since 2012, and has been the emcee for the Berea ARF (Animal Rescue Friends) annual Monster Mutt Dash and Howl-O-Ween Party  since 2012. Ray is also an animal rights advocate and a supporter of anti-drinking and anti-drug bills. Ray is a collector of Beatle Memorabilia, and has amassed rare and old recordings dating back past the early 20's. He also collects memorabilia on sports and Indians history, particularly Babe Ruth. Ray has two children, Raymond, Jr., a rap singer, known as LittleItaly,   born on December 13, 1984, who is single; and Roy, born on January 29, 1986, who married Courtney Blevens earlier this year. Ray is currently single. References 1. Meggas, Dale (5/1/08). "Carr Has A Voice To Be Reckoned With". The Sun Newspapers. 2. http://www.raycarram,com 3. Sayles, Jenny (11/01). "Keeping It Quiet - Girls Denied Use of PA For Warm-Up Music". The Lakewood Times. 4. Leathers, Jean (12/2001). "Volunteer Corner - Ray Carr". YMCA Lakewood Listener. 5. Crone, Steven (1/2002). "Volunteer Spotlight - Triangle Award Recipient Ray Carr (Again!)". YMCA Lakewood Listener. 6. Couglin, Dan (03/30/73). "Boys of Summer". The Plain Dealer. 7. http://whitecanewalk.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1065100 8. http://bereaanimalrescue.com/monster-mutt-dash 9. Coughlin, Dan (7/71). "Yes, Ray, There Was A Babe". The Cleveland Press. 10. http://www.cleveland.com/music/index.ssf/2012/04/chardon-born_singer-songwriter.html External Links · Ray Carr's Show Website · WCSB Radio Website · Ray Carr's Facebook Page · The Ray Carr Show Facebook Page · Ray Carr's Twitter Page · Ray Carr's Instagram Page · Ray Carr's Linked In Page
There are many pages on this site that are less notable than Ray is, some with no references at all, yet they've been accepted and remain on this site. Yes, I've been told that doesn't mean that more pages like them should be added, but this article DOES contain total truth, references, articles and online references. WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED TO PUT IT ONLINE???
Will you PLEASE help me write this correctly to FINALLY get it on this site?
- Sorry about that! Thank you for noticing, it's deleted now. --Cerebellum (talk) 17:21, 29 October 2014 (UTC)
Hi, sorry for not getting back to you sooner, been busy. Thanks for the update on G.I. Joe! I would ask, when you got the time, to help out when you can with The Transformers (IDW Publishing). I'm updating it on a regular basis but its missing some stuff regarding the plot and I'm lacking in time to write a proper text so if you are familiar with it that would be great. Cheers! Plastelin (talk) 11:26, 6 November 2014 (UTC)
- Sadly I don't know anything about the Transformers. I would help if I could! --Cerebellum (talk) 14:34, 14 November 2014 (UTC)
Blacklane Rejection 15 August 2014
Hi Cerebellum, Thank you for reviewing my article on the company Blacklane on 15 August. You said that it didn't sound objective enough, so I have made a whole bunch of changes now and have resubmitted it. I was hoping you might take a look at it, as you are one of the people who has already read through it and therefore know a bit about it already. Also, if you still don't consider it ready for exposure, could you possibly give me some suggestions as to how I can change it? I decided to take it on as a response to a request in the "Requested articles" section https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requested_articles/Business_and_economics/Companies and am determined not to give up! It'd be great if you could help me out! Thank you! All the best, -- Reconnamon (talk) 06:48, 12 November 2014 (UTC)
Dear Cerebellum, Thank you so much for reading through the Blacklane article again and accepting! I really appreciate you taking the time out for it! All the best, Reconnamon (talk) 08:09, 17 November 2014 (UTC)
Dear Cerebellum, Some months ago you declined my article 'Draft:Ulf Langheinrich". I am not sure to understand how to improve it. Do you mean the sources of the references are not detailed enough or are they not significant? As a contemporary artist in the field of media art, it is not easy to add neutral citations about his work, as they come from press releases or websites of the visited venues. Thanks in advance, Rupert4471 (talk) 17:33, 13 November 2014 (UTC)rupert4471Rupert4471 (talk) 17:33, 13 November 2014 (UTC)
Thank you for the feedback. I am requesting assistance in how to improve the article, "Gainor Roberts."
Can you give me specific examples of where it needs more secondary references or smacks of undocumented assertions? I see what is wrong (secondary sources are not independent and authoritative enough), but need help in focusing. Is the "life" section ok as is? Are the regional and local newspaper articles too ancedotal? Would direct quotes from authors or from the artist (as quoted by authors) improve the article?
Hello, I really appreciate you reviewing my article - I have removed even more references and left the ones who others have written about her. The reason why I re-submitted it prevously was because I did remove sources but nobody replied to me when I asked if I should remove anymore sources. I would really appreciate it if you could take a quick look at the references, (only a few left) and let me know if I should remove any more. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Kezia_Noble Thank you Wiki.017 (talk) 10:42, 28 November 2014 (UTC)
- @Wiki.017: I removed the entire "Media Appearances" section; those interviews, for the most part, don't help us to write a good article about Noble. We need to know what she has done (the Romance Files interview is good for that), not her opinions on topics like "What is the best pickup line you have ever heard." I also added a "citation needed" tag to the lead where you saw that her book was a best-seller. Is there a source confirming that it was a best-seller? --Cerebellum (talk) 12:21, 28 November 2014 (UTC)
Thank you for your help!! I really appreciate it. I have removed the "best-selling" book fact because there aren't any current references on the web to support this fact. Other than this, if I submit the article again would you kindly be able to take a look at it? Thanks Wiki.017 (talk) 16:21, 1 December 2014 (UTC)
- @Wiki.017: Definitely resubmit, but you'll have to wait for someone else to review it - since I've already reviewed it twice, it would be good to get another set of eyes on it. --Cerebellum (talk) 09:04, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
Please take a look at the comment the most recent reviewer has left me - how is this fair? I think it's extremely unfair. I have spent hundreds of hours on this article, done everything I could and trusted the comments the reviewers have left me, I removed the references and you removed an entire chunk of the article so that it would help it get accepted and now it gets rejected because of exactly that? That's extremely unfair. I just want the article approved. I'm giving up hope - any way you can approve it, since you thought the lesser references the better? Thanks Wiki.017 (talk) 18:30, 15 December 2014 (UTC)
Draft October 17
I noticed at Wikiproject:Mathematics that you review drafts. Here is one that you probably quickly could decide on. It is produced by User:YohanN7 (me) and User:Cuzkatzimhut. We can both create articles in main space, but I prefer to go via AFC anyway to get a sanity check. But this time it has taken unusually long, so I thought I could ask ...
- @YohanN7: Yup, that was an easy one :) Feel free to ping me in the future and I can try to review your work quickly. --Cerebellum (talk) 09:04, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
The Talos Principle
Hi Cerebellum, I hereby take you up on your offer to review one of my more recent drafts. It's about The Talos Principle. It's just a stub, but the game is set for release on December 11th, so the article's contents will be expanded in the near future. Oh, and thanks for the barnstar. :) --220.127.116.11 (talk) 21:44, 5 December 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks! --18.104.22.168 (talk) 15:57, 6 December 2014 (UTC)
21:57:36, 5 December 2014 review of submission by Norozco1
Hey, i see that you have declined this article because you said, and i quote: "It is unlikely that it will be accepted unless new sources have been published since June covering this person", and that's what i'm trying to do because every since this article got deleted back in june, eveyone that read this article are surprised at this decision, and they don't like it one bit, so its my job to bring the article back to wikipedia, an i'm still trying my very best to do so, because if i do that, then maybe someone out there, he or she just might accept my request, and then re-add the article right back on the wikipedia web, and this time, it'll be better then ever, and after that, everything will be back to the way it was before deletion ever happen in the first place, and i can tell from the looks of it that the editors would want to edit this article, and they would be completely eagered to add new datas, new sources, and new references to the article, to make sure that this article stays on for good, and to make sure that this article should never end up being deleted from this site ever again, which is why i need everyones help and support for this, especially your help and support to make it happen, and before you know it, it'll soon be the article that won't get deleted, that is my hope to say the least, but wouldn't you agree too, Cerebellum? :-) Norozco1 (talk) 21:57, 5 December 2014 (UTC)
- First, let's talk aboout the sources you've added that are different from the deleted version. We have the AnimeCons biography, which is a good source since it provides actual information about here life; and then the New York Times, Behind the Voice Actors, and Crystal Acids, which are all just lists of works; there is no information on Siddal's life. The problem listed at the deletion discussion was that there was "No in-depth WP:SECONDARY coverage of Siddall's life or career, only listing entries and mentions-in-passing." Now, the Anime Cons page gives us in-depth coverage of her life and career, but it is only one page; the others are list entries. Unfortunately, we cannot write an article based on only one source. So, while I know it's not what you want to hear, there's nothing we can do right now with this article. We just have to wait until another reliable source is published with information on her career. --Cerebellum (talk) 05:04, 7 December 2014 (UTC)
- I see, so what do you think i should do then, i mean if that's all they need, then how am i suppose to do this, trying to find her life and career info with more then just one page, is that even possible to find that kind of source, i ask you. :'-( Norozco1 (talk) 06:01, 7 December 2014 (UTC)
- No, I don't think it's possible. Right now, there's no way for her to have an article on Wikipedia. Fortunately, there are other sites with information about her, and if you're interested you can help add information to them: Voice Acting Wiki, Dragonball Wiki, and others. --Cerebellum (talk) 08:50, 7 December 2014 (UTC)
I improved my Article with reliable sources as you have required and re-submitted it. Can you please review and help me out by giving me your feeback? I hope it meets with your approval.
Thanks & Regards
A brownie for you!
|Thanks so much for the feedback! I really appreciate it - is my first entry :-) Am looking forward to profiling more scholars and artists. Take care! Mayaroy5 (talk) 03:35, 23 December 2014 (UTC)|
|and may the coming year bring peaceful melody accompanied by joyous harmony. (spin me / revolutions) 19:39, 24 December 2014 (UTC)|
Your submission at Articles for creation: Titan (gaming organization) has been accepted
Nomination of Mickey Fondozzi for deletion
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Mickey Fondozzi until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article. Cameron Scott (talk) 11:46, 5 January 2015 (UTC)
My article about Ulf Langheinrich
I have posted several messages to you but no feedback since November. Maybe they were not a the right place. So here again...
Hi, Many thanks for your reply. Attached you can find the scan of the article from Art in America. (not sure it was really attached. How can I send the file to you through wikipedia?!) Some other articles here: http://www.randian-online.com/np_event/alluvium-music-ii-movement-z-by-ulf-langheinrich-shown-on-avie/ http://www.kunstforum.de/gespraeche.asp?session=&ukat=&s=34&m= http://www.art-magazin.de/div/heftarchiv/2001/6/11753018346554802746/Venedig-zeigt-viele-Gesichter-der-aktuellen-Kunst (+ in cover of the magazine for the Venice Biennial)
--Rupert4471 (talk) 14:41, 24 November 2014 (UTC)rupert4471
Hi, Sorry to chase you up, but have you checked the electronic copy and other sources above? Thank you --Rupert4471 (talk) 14:41, 24 November 2014 (UTC)rupert4471
No feedback from you since November. Can you get back to me soon ? Is my article acceptable now? What should I do? Thank you Rupert4471 (talk) 13:16, 8 January 2015 (UTC)rupert4471 — Preceding unsigned comment added by Rupert4471 (talk • contribs)
I have emailed you more links.
Infobox photo discussion
Hi again. Happy New Year. Can you offer your opinion on which photo is better for the Infobox here? If you're not able to participate, just disregard this message; you don't have to message me. Thanks. Nightscream (talk) 01:18, 10 January 2015 (UTC)
15:43:53, 16 January 2015 review of submission by 22.214.171.124
Hi, I have been working on the article with an editor called norbert in the live chat and we think it is ready for review. He asked me to ask you directly Cerebellum, since you were the last one reviewing it. Thanks a lot in advance.
- It looks good to me; please resubmit it (using the "resubmit" button on the latest decline notice) and I'll go ahead and accept it. --Cerebellum (talk) 22:13, 16 January 2015 (UTC)
Thanks Cerebellum! I've just resubmitted it.
RfC - Helper Script access
An RfC has been opened at RfC to physically restrict access to the Helper Script. You are invited to comment. --Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 14:18, 1 February 2015 (UTC)
Data Lost in Section "Golf Courses Designed by Herbert Strong"
- @Michael W. Parker: Whoops, let me try to get those back. Also, I removed some info on the 1913 U.S. Open (golf) since it seems to duplicate content from the main article. Is that ok? --Cerebellum (talk) 17:11, 1 February 2015 (UTC)
The duplicate stuff is okay to remove if you think it is unnecessary. I would like to keep the one Wiki table that showed his 9th place finish in the 1913 U.S. Open. Can you put that back in please? I am also wondering when this article might be approved to be published in the article space. It isn't a perfect article (being my first attempt) but it is better than a lot of others I've seen! Thanks.--EditorExtraordinaire (talk) 17:18, 1 February 2015 (UTC)
- @Michael W. Parker: Done, and I've accepted the article; it's located at Herbert Strong (golfer). --Cerebellum (talk) 17:23, 1 February 2015 (UTC)
Excellent! And I see you have my very temporarily lost data back in place. Wonderful, you are so efficient! Thank you very much for approving the article, and improving it as well. :-) --EditorExtraordinaire (talk) 17:28, 1 February 2015 (UTC)
Help for Reviewing an article
I'm very sorry. I don't know if i'm writing you on the proper place. I would like to create an article in English about Marc Dozier, a movie maker related to Mundiya Kepanga. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mundiya_Kepanga I already wrote the article that was probably not good enough and it has since been deleted. Could you possibly help me to review it ?
Thanks in advance,
@126.96.36.199: Hello! I would love to help you. Unfortunately I cannot find the deleted article you are referring to. Did you write it using a different account? I notice there is an article on Marc Dozier on the French wikipedia, so if you speak French I would recommend translating that and then posting it to Wikipedia:Articles for creation. I would be happy to review it for you. --Cerebellum (talk) 22:40, 12 February 2015 (UTC)
18:06:31, 9 March 2015 review of submission by 188.8.131.52
I am extremely confused. I am an author who wrote the book Tired Scenes From A City Window. I have been trying to get an article up about the book and it is constantly being rejected. What can I do?
Hi. The gene article has gone through a lot of changes in the last couple of months. I've relisted it for GA review again if you're interested in being involved! T.Shafee(Evo﹠Evo)talk 02:04, 30 May 2015 (UTC)
GA review for Al-Ma'arri
Hello, I'm BracketBot. I have automatically detected that
- List of unpaired brackets remaining on the page:
- *[http://www.salahuddin.net/ Official Website (in Arabic)
Cricket article merge
Cerebellum, happy to carry out the merge as suggested. Might be a day or two but it should be done within a week. Thanks for reminding me about it. I had clean forgotten. Perry Middlemiss (talk) 01:50, 22 August 2015 (UTC)
- @Perry Middlemiss: Awesome, thanks a lot! --Cerebellum (talk) 11:45, 22 August 2015 (UTC)
- Seems I hadn't forgotten to do the merge, just forgotten that I had done it! Anyway the merged details are there, under Individual records - all-rounder. Perry Middlemiss (talk) 23:00, 24 August 2015 (UTC)
- @Perry Middlemiss: OK, great! I'll redirect Cricketers Who Have Taken 10 Wickets And A Century In A Test Match to List of Test cricket records. --Cerebellum (talk) 00:53, 8 September 2015 (UTC)
- Seems I hadn't forgotten to do the merge, just forgotten that I had done it! Anyway the merged details are there, under Individual records - all-rounder. Perry Middlemiss (talk) 23:00, 24 August 2015 (UTC)
Your submission at Articles for creation: Marie Musaeus Higgins has been accepted
A barnstar for you!
|The Original Barnstar|
|I appreciate your work but you told me that, the page named Donati Salla is not belonging to wikipedia then where else should the page be belonged to. and why can't you assist me in improving the page??? Abdulrahman1985 (talk) 14:41, 11 November 2015 (UTC)|
Hello Cerebellum! I acknowledge your action of deleting the page Donati Salla which I had created it in past two days ago however in your message that you sent it to me you have said that, you are not thinking if the page I created in belonging to Wikipedia then would you kindly direct me as to where should I allocate the page??? Second If you had seen some weaknesses in it please why can't you assist me in improving the page??? third can you assist me get the copy of the deleted page??? Infact I have been very embarrassed with your actions!!! Perhaps It's in my view that you do not want to see the records of black people being kept in this encyclopedia but I warn you to light your candle without letting other candles smelting and getting finished!!!!!! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Abdulrahman1985 (talk • contribs) 14:49, 11 November 2015 (UTC)
- @Abdulrahman1985: Hello Abdulrahman, thank you for your comment. It is easy for articles to get deleted in the main encyclopedia, so the best thing to do is to work on them as drafts. I have made a copy of the deleted page and placed it at Draft:Donati Salla. You can continue to work on it there, then submit it for review when you are ready. The main thing you need to improve is the sourcing. Sites like youtube and wordpress, forums like jamiiforums, and sites affiliated with TSSF, are not reliable sources. Remove them, add more sources explaining why Donati Salla is significant, and then submit the article for review. --Cerebellum (talk) 18:29, 11 November 2015 (UTC)
Peak Oil good article nomination review
Thanks for doing the review of this article. This article was neglected for a long time, and I have been trying to update the page for months now. However, this is a community effort, and there are years of previous work here from multiple individuals. In addition, as you can imagine, the page has been quite politicized.
I have done my best to improve the page. In the last few months most of the edits have been done by myself. Most of the figures have been updated for the recent data and much outdated information has been removed. I admit, there are some sections which need work (as would be the case for any article). However, there is only so much time in the day. Overall, I think the page is vastly improved from where it was previously.
Discussions related to this subject have been going on for decades. You should appreciate that the article cannot be completely re-written based on relatively recent developments such as hydraulic fracturing and the 2014-15 price drop. Relevant to this, I refer you to my response to Insertcleverphrasehere's comments in the Talk section in which I refer to mention of the price drop and hydraulic fracturing in the article.
I will attempt to address your comments as soon as I can. I would ask you to review this page constructively in the context of it's long controversial history and multiple contributors. If you could give me additional time if that is required, I would appreciate that.
One final point, please refrain from the use of "you say..." in you future coments. This is incorrect - I probably didn't write the section being referred to. Many thanks.Blandx (talk) 01:56, 15 November 2015 (UTC)
- Again, thank you for taking the time to review the Peak Oil article. I very much appreciate your input, and for the final outcome. You and Insertcleverphrasehere certainly made some insightful comments. I will attempt to continually update the page as developments occur. All the best with your work.Blandx (talk) 22:20, 21 November 2015 (UTC)
The creator of Seven Different Leadership Styles left a message on my talk page requesting for a copy of the article, which you deleted. His e-mail address is at sheimroch [at] gmail [dot] com. Thank you. Narutolovehinata5 tccsdnew 23:29, 21 November 2015 (UTC)
Dear Cerebellum! I have made edits trough the article named Draft:Donati Salla kindly review the work and give me a feedback accordingly. Regards Abdulrahman1985 — Preceding unsigned comment added by Abdulrahman1985 (talk • contribs) 14:53, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
- @Abdulrahman1985: Thanks Abdulrahman! I'll take a look at the article and get back to you as soon as I can. --Cerebellum (talk) 14:58, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
Article Resubmitted by Abdulrahman1985
I improved the Article Darft:Donati Salla]]with reliable sources as you have required and re-submitted it. Can you please review and help me out by giving me your feeback? I hope it meets with your approval.
I have seen your Edits
Kindly Review the Article Draft:Donati Salla again
Dear Celleberum! The Article Draft:Donati Salla has been reviewed by User:SwisterTwister however he challenged the issue of politicians notability guideline then I have made improvements on it kindly review the article and comment accordingly.
@Abdulrahman1985: Sorry for the late response, I see you've already moved the article back into article space. I agree that the article is probably notable so I don't have a problem with that. The only reason it's hard to establish the notability is that most of the sources you cite are not available online. If you know of an online version or you are able to scan the articles that would help, but you've put a lot of work into the article and it looks good. Again, sorry for the delayed response. --Cerebellum (talk) 20:07, 28 November 2015 (UTC)
Hello, could you please restore the editing history of Jordan Lussey prior to it being deleted by AfD. The player now passes GNG and WP:NFOOTBALL having made his debut today. Thanks, JMHamo (talk) 21:39, 28 November 2015 (UTC)
- Done I think, let me know if I screwed it up somehow! --Cerebellum (talk) 21:44, 28 November 2015 (UTC)
Nominations for the Military history WikiProject historian and newcomer of the year awards now open!
On behalf of the Military history WikiProject's Coordinators, we would like to extend an invitation to nominate deserving editors for the 2015 Military historian of the year and Military history newcomer of the year awards. The nomination period will run from 7 December to 23:59 13 December, with the election phase running from 14 December to 23:59 21 December. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 05:05, 7 December 2015 (UTC)
Some dim sum for you!
|Thanks for your contributions to Wikipedia. North America1000 09:19, 7 April 2016 (UTC)|
Obama's asian trip listed at Redirects for discussion
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect Obama's asian trip. Since you had some involvement with the Obama's asian trip redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion if you have not already done so. BDD (talk) 16:57, 1 June 2016 (UTC)
For What It's Worth
Thought you might want to see how a page you greenlighted out of Articles For Creation in 2014 is progressing... Good call on that one... Thomas Skidmore (reformer) best regards, —Tim /// Carrite (talk) 01:45, 17 June 2016 (UTC)
- @Carrite: Thanks a lot for the update! Usually I only hear about old AfC pages if they come up at AfD or there's some problem with them, so this is a nice change :) --Cerebellum (talk) 02:03, 10 July 2016 (UTC)
Gospel of John has been nominated for Did You Know
Amethyst (Steven Universe)
This seems to have been recreated again. I put it up for CSD as previously deleted via deletion discussion, I think it qualifies but just wanted to send the FYI since you did the last deletion. -- Dane2007 talk 01:30, 9 August 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for the heads up! Sorry I didn't get to it in time, I think the way it is now, as a redirect, is better than it being a redlink though. --Cerebellum (talk) 12:27, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
I might need some help building this page about the escape game in Prague called MindMaze. I keep trying to make it better but it seems i can't succeed without help.
First it wasn't enough information about it so it got rejected. Now i filled it up from different sources,websites,blogs.
It seems now that it's not neutral.
I don't quite get the reasons behind this as other escape games have their wiki pages (like this one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AdventureRooms) with more or less info than I tried to do.
It's been three years, today.
Your opinion is requested
Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Don Allison
Your closing states, "The result was delete. The sources added by the IP are mostly local, and so do not fix the concern raised by the nominator. The only good source is , and one source is not enough to establish notability."
Nothing makes sense here.
Your statement says "mostly local", which is not a policy concern even at WP:AUD for corporations.
The nominator objects that only the hometown paper provides the information, which would be a valid concern in that WP:GNG requires "sources" (plural), and where the same paper might be considered as one source. But there are many sources.
Even if you think there is only one "good" source, the "less-good" sources also contribute to WP:GNG.
Here are the sources I found at the Google cache "This is Google's cache of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Allison. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Nov 16, 2016 08:39:58 GMT."
1. "Cactus Theater". hospitalitylubbock.com. March 9, 2012. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
2. ^ a b c William Kerns (May 25, 2011). "Lubbock musician Don Allison loses battle with cancer at age 49: Musician Don Allison lost four-year battle with cancer and died Tuesday". Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. Retrieved January 29, 2015.
3. ^ William Kerns (February 3, 2012). "Lubbock remembers Holly on 'Day the Music Died'". Midland Reporter-Telegram. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
4. ^ "Lubbock Centennial Celebration". Ralna English. March 27, 2009. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
5. ^ "Donnie Allison". westtexasguitar.weebly.com. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
6. ^ a b c d e "Don Allison obituary". Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. Retrieved September 3, 2011.
7. ^ "GrantWorks". grantworks.net. Retrieved September 3, 2011.
8. ^ a b c Tim Ailis (August 1984). "Ozzie and Harriet Don't Know About the Nelson". D Magazine. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
9. ^ "The Nelsons sing "I Don't Mind"". You Tube. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
10. ^ Bryan Rutt (April 11, 2011). "New Wave for the New Week #119". Retrieved November 3, 2016.
11. ^ "Around Us". Plainview, Texas: Plainview Daily Herald. May 25, 2011. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
12. ^ "Interview with Don Caldwell". virtuallubbock.com. February 3, 1998. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
13. ^ "Don Caldwell remains hospitalized after Friday heart attack". KCBD Television. 2010. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
14. ^ "My Cowboy's Gift". National Ranching Heritage Center: Texas Tech University. August 5, 2010. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
15. ^ Karin McCay (2010). "West Texas Musical Legend Donnie Allison defines his battle with cancer". KCBD-TV. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
16. ^ William Kerns (February 11, 2011). "Public rally at church Sunday to support singer Donnie Allison". Lubbock Avalanche Journal. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
17. ^ "Memorial service for singer Don Allison planned today at Trinity Church". lubbockonline.com. May 28, 2011. Retrieved September 3, 2011.
18. ^ William Kerns (May 27, 2011). "Memorial service for singer Don Allison planned today at Trinity Church". Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
19. ^ "Family and friends remember Donnie Allison". KFDA-TV in Amarillo, Texas. May 29, 2011. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
20. ^ "Lubbock: Cactus Theater Reunion Concert". Texas Plains Trail.com. February 22, 2014. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
21. ^ Joe Gulick (July 22, 2011). "Friend of Donnie Allison paints portrait of musician for Cactus Theater: The Coronado High School class of 1979 presented a portrait of late singer and musician Donnie Allison Friday morning to Don Caldwell and the Cactus Theater, a venue where Allison often entertained". Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
22. ^ Eric Woods (September 25, 2014). "Allison Firefly: Band's name a tribute to Donnie Allison". Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
- Unscintillating (talk) 02:16, 24 November 2016 (UTC)
- @Unscintillating: You may be right; I tend to think that local figures are less notable than national or international ones, so I extended the reasoning from WP:AUD to this article, even though it is a biography. As far as I can tell, all of the sources are local - even D Magazine, which I linked in the close, covers just the Dallas-Fort Worth area. I don't think any of the biography policies talk about local source though, with the exception of NPOL, so I guess I am out on a limb. Feel free to start a deletion review if you think I am wrong. --Cerebellum (talk) 02:56, 24 November 2016 (UTC)
Hello - you left me a note about a move of the document Peerless Network to a draft section - so thought that I'd contact you to see how to proceed. An editor quickly put it up for "speedy deletion," stating that it fails the notability criteria. I couldn't disagree more - but at this point I've no idea how to prove this point. I've provided all references that are possible to provide - and provided arguments as to why the article should stand and why the company passes the credibility threshold imho (ie - they are responsible for technology that has made telecommunications as we now enjoy it possible. And won patents for this work.) Is this technology "article-worthy?" No - not really - which is why it is difficult to find "references." But "because" of the technology, companies and processes and the way that you and I use our telephones (both landlines and cellular/wifi) are improved - and that makes the company notable. (ever wonder how your wireless call moves from a cell tower to a wifi connection? Well, it is documented in one of the patents for Peerless.) If I include paragraphs about "these technologies" then I'll get dinged as "promotional." So - honestly, not sure how to proceed. But honestly, just hoping that one editor will recognize the importance of their work, deem it "notable" and publishable on Wikipedia. Hoping that you can provide guidance. Thank youJlk0221 (talk) 17:50, 28 November 2016 (UTC).
- The user left me a similar message (because I deleted an orphaned redirect, they supposed I had deleted the article). I copied to Draft talk:Peerless Network what they wrote, because it makes a case for notability but (I have explained on their talk page) that will only be useful if sourced: deducing from the patents that the inventions had these important effects on the telecoms market would be OR. Any additional advice you can give would be welcome. JohnCD (talk) 22:42, 29 November 2016 (UTC)
All - thanks for your help in preparing this article. I made some of the edits suggested, and responded to a few other points on the draft talk page (I think, I get a bit lost here still :) Anyhow, I'll resubmit and see what happens. I honestly think that I've followed all the criteria and of course, that the article and company are notable. But do appreciate very much both of your help and guidance - very kind of you. Thanks,Jlk0221 (talk) 16:59, 15 December 2016 (UTC)
Please review your deletion of Miss Tennessee USA
Please review your deletion of Molly Brown (pageant titleholder)
- @Unscintillating: Thank you for the heads-up, there were a few others I mistakenly deleted as well. I think it was an issue with User:Mr.Z-man/closeAFD, maybe related to this. Should be fixed now. --Cerebellum (talk) 02:13, 21 December 2016 (UTC)
Hello, it's me, Fusionem. Thanks for supporting me in comic articles like Infestation 2 and Kings Watch. Noe I need some help with an article titled Rom (comics), I need rename it as "Rom the Space Knight", becuase it is not only about the comic book, but also about the toy It is more a property of Hasbro's than Marvel's ow IDW's. If you want, expand the section where it should narrate the character's story in the IDW version. Thanks. Fusionem (talk) 23:42, 15 January 2017 (UTC)
- Hey Fusionem, it's good to hear from you, but I can't help you here because I don't think there is a consensus to move the article. Looking at the talk page, neither Chaheel Riens or Lkseitz seem to support a move to "Rom the Space Knight". --Cerebellum (talk) 21:14, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
- As I state on the talk page, I'm against the move to "Rom the Space Knight" (or similar) but would weak support "Rom (Toy)" as that seems to have been the origin - ie it was a toy that had a comic created, rather than a comic that had a toy created. If Fusionem wants to go down that route (probably best continued on the Rom talk page) I'll not stand in the way. Chaheel Riens (talk) 12:32, 30 January 2017 (UTC)
Paul Mangano deleted page
I am in the process of recreating the deleted Paul Mangano page with rephrased wording and more citations to make it less promotional. If there is anything else that needs to be done please let me know. I'm hoping the page will stick this time. JRD2016 (talk) 16:43, 16 January 2017 (UTC)
- @JRD2016: Hey there JRD, your best bet from recreating the article is to create at draft at Articles for creation. Hope that helps! --Cerebellum (talk) 21:16, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
15:45:00, 18 January 2017 review of submission by Belosnegova
Hello! The long description of heroes and their skills is crucial for the game, that is a major innovation in the sequel, a game-changing feature. Having them described as is now could be of a great value to players and for everyone, who likes the genre. Thank you!
10:21:43, 22 January 2017 review of submission by 184.108.40.206
Hi Cerebellum, i added the citation you mentioned. Not all of the of he references were citable. Hope this is sufficient. Thank you, have a great day.
Thank you so much for accepting the article, i will work on improving it by working on the text, references, along the way. Can i add more URLs to the External Links part. example: Official Website, Bandcamp, etc? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 12:52, 22 January 2017 (UTC)
21:40:35, 23 January 2017 review of submission by DennisLLSantiago
Thank you for reviewing my page draft for FOX reporter Hollie McKay.
1. I removed the non-encyclopedic language I had extemporaneously included in the draft. 2. I improved the opening of article to refer more to her FOX credentials as a foreign correspondent and also to the online and video columns that she did FOX as their pop culture reporter. I added quotations from external material independent of FOX to further illustrate the nature of her roles. 3. I had been using a one size fits all copy and paste format to create citations. I re-labeled several of them that were not authored by McKay to more properly reflect that they were web situations and not news article citations. 4. The seemingly vast number primary citations you noted is actually a severely curated subset of the reporter's body of work which spans thousands of articles and videos published by her for FOX News over the last decade. What I tried to do was organize sets of them to illustrate the long term investigative story arcs that she covers over time by curating together illustration citations to make each point. 5. I did put a placeholder to create a table of links to other Wikipedia pages that have used McKay's work as citations. Should I continue to fill out this table. I thinkt it's on the order of 78 Wiki entries. Happy to do so. I'm thinking a table format would be appropriate. Does doing it that way make sense? 6. I also added a placeholder entry for McKay on the FOX News Wiki page in the correspondents section so that it can connect to this page once it is out of draft.
I did search several of the other links to find notability citations which is where I found her childhood book. But I think the main body of the article really emphasizes her notability as a journalist. She's been relatively free of contention coverage on the internet aside from the instances of her calling out Anthony Bourdain and her report on th injuries of the cop at Ferguson, both of which I documented.
I did look at the other Wiki pages for the other FOX News correspondents that already exist and I believe this one is already far more substantive than most of them. If there are any specific additions you can suggest I make please let me know.
- DennisLLSantiago Dennis, thanks for all the work you've put into the article. Unfortunately, unless you can find some more sources the subject simply is not notable, and so I'm afraid that further work on the article is a waste of time for now. First though, I want to address your point about the other FOX News correspondent pages - you're right that many of them are not very substantive at all, and in fact a few are probably not notable. I've just proposed that one be deleted (Jonathan Serrie) and I'll take a look at some others when I get a chance.
- There is a specific notability guideline for journalists (WP:CREATIVE) but I don't think any of those criteria apply here, it makes more sense to use the general notability guideline. So, we are looking for significant coverage in reliable sources that are independent of the subject. That's why I said that the articles by McKay do not help with notability - they are not independent of her.
- The main third-party sources we have are:
- Bibliography of Australian Literature - just a directory, we would need a review of the book for it to be significant coverage.
- America Out Loud podcast - refers to her as a "distinguished journalist" which is good, but it's not really about her; she is not the main topic of the podcast.
- Wonkette blog - not much coverage of McKay, just a critique of her article
- Mediate - a response to one of her stories, not much about her
- Mediaite again - again, just a brief mention of her.
- None of these provide us with biographical information about McKay; we are looking for in-depth sources like this magazine profile of another Fox correspondent, Dagen McDowell. Even something like this brief story about Fox reporter Trace Gallagher is explicitly about him, which is not the case for the sources on McKay. In another 15 or 20 years it is very likely that such sources will exist for McKay, but right now, if we wrote an article based solely on the sources, we would not have much - almost nothing about her background or education. If we cut out the primary sources, we would not have much on her career either, just that she used to write about entertainment and now writes about the Middle East.
- If you know of good biographical sources on McKay, please let me know. I tried to find some and could not. In the absence of better sources, I think your best bet is just to wait until such sources become available. --Cerebellum (talk) 01:33, 24 January 2017 (UTC)
02:00:25, 24 January 2017 review of submission by DennisLLSantiago
Thank you so much for your feedback on my questions and clarification of what type of citation you need. I now know what to locate to carry this project forward. Really appreciate it.
- Sorry for the late response but it's no problem, glad to help. Good job finding those sources! I'm guessing you got the articles from McKay, and from your username I know that McKay has interviewed you in the past, so I want to alert you to Wikipedia's conflict of interest guideline. If you have a personal relationship with McKay, you are strongly discouraged from editing her article. --Cerebellum (talk) 21:04, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
08:42:36, 27 January 2017 review of submission by DennisLLSantiago
I was able to find numerous articles published about my subject in Australian news publications including biographies done specifically about her. Could you review and advise if the article draft now meets suitable notability criteria? Thank you.
- I just went through the article and removed a lot of material. This is because the material was original research - there are no secondary sources for most of what you wrote, and we can't base an article on primary sources alone. A lot of the text was written in a promotional tone as well, which is a problem. I probably should have let you know about this earlier so you did not waste your time rewriting the text, but I wanted to establish notability before working on content.
- I think the article is ready to be moved to the mainspace now, but it can't be moved until the deletion discussion is complete. It looks like I'm going to be offline for the next few weeks starting tomorrow, so I won't be around when the discussion closes, but another editor can review the article and decide if it is good or not. --Cerebellum (talk) 21:01, 28 January 2017 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (January 2017). This first issue is being sent out to all administrators, if you wish to keep receiving it please subscribe. Your feedback is welcomed.
- NinjaRobotPirate • Schwede66 • K6ka • Ealdgyth • Ferret • Cyberpower678 • Mz7 • Primefac • Dodger67
- Briangotts • JeremyA • BU Rob13
- A discussion to workshop proposals to amend the administrator inactivity policy at Wikipedia talk:Administrators has been in process since late December 2016.
- Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment 2016 closed with no consensus for implementing Pending changes level 2 with new criteria for use.
- Following an RfC, an activity requirement is now in place for bots and bot operators.
- When performing some administrative actions the reason field briefly gave suggestions as text was typed. This change has since been reverted so that issues with the implementation can be addressed. (T34950)
- Following the latest RfC concluding that Pending Changes 2 should not be used on the English Wikipedia, an RfC closed with consensus to remove the options for using it from the page protection interface, a change which has now been made. (T156448)
- The Foundation has announced a new community health initiative to combat harassment. This should bring numerous improvements to tools for admins and CheckUsers in 2017.
- JohnCD (John Cameron Deas) passed away on 30 December 2016. John began editing Wikipedia seriously during 2007 and became an administrator in November 2009.
13:38, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
Your submission at Articles for creation: Gibril Haddad has been accepted
On this day, 10 years ago...
March Madness 2017
G'day all, please be advised that throughout March 2017 the Military history Wikiproject is running its March Madness drive. This is a backlog drive that is focused on several key areas:
- tagging and assessing articles that fall within the project's scope
- updating the project's currently listed A-class articles to ensure their ongoing compliance with the listed criteria
- creating articles that are listed as "requested" on the project's various task force pages or other lists of missing articles.
As with past Milhist drives, there are points awarded for working on articles in the targeted areas, with barnstars being awarded at the end for different levels of achievement.
The drive is open to all Wikipedians, not just members of the Military history project, although only work on articles that fall (broadly) within the military history scope will be considered eligible. More information can be found here for those that are interested, and members can sign up as participants at that page also.
The drive starts at 00:01 UTC on 1 March and runs until 23:59 UTC on 31 March 2017, so please sign up now.
How does one go about closing Category:Blacks only organizations on Wikipedia:Categories for discussion/Log/2017 January 14? Thanks. Mitchumch (talk) 14:24, 5 March 2017 (UTC)
2017 Military history WikiProject Coordinator election
Greetings from the Military history WikiProject! Elections for the Military history WikiProject Coordinators are currently underway. As a member of the WikiProject you are cordially invited to take part by casting your vote(s) for the candidates on the election page. This year's election will conclude at 23:59 UTC 29 September. Thank you for your time. For the current tranche of Coordinators, AustralianRupert (talk) 10:39, 21 September 2017 (UTC)