|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
Hi. As you recently commented in the straw poll regarding the ongoing usage and trial of Pending changes, this is to notify you that there is an interim straw poll with regard to keeping the tool switched on or switching it off while improvements are worked on and due for release on November 9, 2010. This new poll is only in regard to this issue and sets no precedent for any future usage. Your input on this issue is greatly appreciated. Off2riorob (talk) 23:30, 20 September 2010 (UTC)
This user continues to vandalize articles, notwithstanding your final warning some three weeks ago. All his/her edits seem to be vandalism. Could you consequently block this user? Thanks,--Btsz (talk) 15:40, 22 September 2010 (UTC)
- I am not an administrator so I cannot block anyone, but you can report any new vandalism here.--Charles (talk) 19:12, 22 September 2010 (UTC)
Hello, I have completed a general cleanup of the adopter information page for the adopt-a-user project, located here. During my cleanup, I have removed several inactive and retired users. In order to provide interested adoptees with an easy location to find adopters, it is essential that the page be up-to-date with the latest information possible. Thus:
- If you are no longer interested in being an adopter, please remove yourself from the list.
- If you are still interested, please check the list to see if any information needs to be updated or added - especially your availability. Thank you.
- You are receiving this message because you are listed as an adopter here.
Is it the policy to keep the articles as a jumble of different spelling conventions? If so, I apologise for the changes I made. Otherwise, they need changing back, as it uses US spelling throughout apart from for a few instances of "armour". Beginmessage (talk) 13:09, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
- It has used armour throughout since at least last December, so I suspect that any other US spellings have crept in more recently.--Charles (talk) 13:16, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
Then don't all the other spellings need to be as the British convention? Millimetres, manoeuvrability, favour, mobilisation, cancelled, etc? And the Gulf Stream article you changed back from my alteration is all US spelling apart from the word I changed, "harbour".
- You may well be right. When new users start of by changing spelling types it is usually to push a nationalist point of view. I have not had time to go through the entire tank article and dig back to the beginnings of its history. If you were editing in good faith I apologise.--Charles (talk) 16:40, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
DYK nomination of St Mary's Church, Elsing
Hello! Your submission of St Mary's Church, Elsing at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and there still are some issues that may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) underneath your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! Voceditenore (talk) 16:41, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
Talk Page on English Heritage - your contribution and ultimate entire removal by yourself today 3 October 2010 at 8 a.m.
Sorry I prefer not to discuss this or any other matter with yourself in the circumstances of your method of dealing with matters raised by myself elsewhere. Why then do I now join your own Talk Page? The answer is that I do so simply to refer you to what I have said on these matters to [] today at 10 a.m. (You will in any event note perhaps that I was foreseeing this action even if at the time I happened to be unaware of it). Peter Judge
- I have replied on James' talkpage.--Charles (talk) 10:05, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
- I have noted what you say there. You will perhaps already be aware that this material has now been archived [Talk on English Heritage] (Archive 2). (The previous reference is therefore no longer valid.) Peter Judge. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 13:14, 3 October 2010 (UTC)