- 1 WikiProject Computer Security user status
- 2 Thanks all around
- 3 New newsletter for Notifications
- 4 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 5 Happy Thanksgiving
- 6 Holiday card
- 7 Editor of the Week seeking nominations (and a new facilitator)
- 8 Happy New Year!
- 9 Precious five years!
- 10 Thanks
- 11 A beer for you!
WikiProject Computer Security user status
This is update is being done according to a request for comments on the WikiProject Computer Security talk page. Be sure to state your status at the User status section in the WikiProject Computer Security talk page before the end of four weeks as this will state your status as inactive in the project if not done before then.
- You can remove me from any and all lists. I'll fix a typo or error now and again - but don't log in anymore. (Ched) 2601:547:1203:1414:B964:3ECC:EFCD:38A5 (talk) 18:40, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
Thanks all around
Just for future reference: I don't mind an IP dropping a note here (so long as it's not outright vandalism). I've even posted a time or two myself as an IP. I'm really not interested in coming back right now - but I REALLY appreciate you folks who keep an eye on my page - Thank you.
- A special shout out to a few folks, especially those who have been on the opposite side of the isle on occasion. User:Cassianto and User:SchroCat - it impresses me. :-) Thank you!!
- and of course User:Sitush, Gerda, User:Linguist111, Montanabw, MarkA, User:Bbb23, and so many more. Usually folks are forgotten a week after they're gone - so it's really special to know a few folks remember me. :-)
OK - password is on a thumbdrive - but I likely won't be back any time soon as a registered user. My very best to all, and thank you for so much.
- Take care Ched, miss you bud. — Huntster (t @ c) 07:21, 26 August 2016 (UTC)
- Yes, miss your common sense and kindness.(Littleolive oil (talk) 21:17, 26 August 2016 (UTC))
- yes (see my talk for exiting news which has nothing to do with Wikipedia, going to sing Der 100. Psalm tomorrow!) --Gerda Arendt (talk) 21:28, 26 August 2016 (UTC)
You are subscribing to the Notifications newsletter on English Wikipedia.
That newsletter is now replaced by the monthly and multilingual Collaboration team newsletter, which will include information and updates concerning Notifications but also concerning Flow and Edit Review Improvements.
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
|Variedades de calabaza|
|Wishing you a Charlie Russell Christmas,
|"Here's hoping that the worst end of your trail is behind you
That Dad Time be your friend from here to the end
And sickness nor sorrow don't find you."
—C.M. Russell, Christmas greeting 1926.
Montanabw(talk) 23 December 2016 (UTC)
Editor of the Week seeking nominations (and a new facilitator)
The Editor of the Week initiative has been recognizing editors since 2013 for their hard work and dedication. Editing Wikipedia can be disheartening and tedious at times; the weekly Editor of the Week award lets its recipients know that their positive behaviour and collaborative spirit is appreciated. The response from the honorees has been enthusiastic and thankful.
The list of nominees is running short, and so new nominations are needed for consideration. Have you come across someone in your editing circle who deserves a pat on the back for improving article prose regularly, making it easier to understand? Or perhaps someone has stepped in to mediate a contentious dispute, and did an excellent job. Do you know someone who hasn't received many accolades and is deserving of greater renown? Is there an editor who does lots of little tasks well, such as cleaning up citations?
Please help us thank editors who display sustained patterns of excellence, working tirelessly in the background out of the spotlight, by submitting your nomination for Editor of the Week today!
In addition, the WikiProject is seeking a new facilitator/coordinator to handle the logistics of the award. Please contact here to unsubscribe from further EotW-related messages. Thanks, Kevin (aka L235 · t · c) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 05:19, 30 December 2016 (UTC)if you are interested in helping with the logistics of running the award in any capacity. Remove your name from
Happy New Year!
|Happy New Year!|
|Wishing you a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2017. Thanks for your friendship! -- WV ● ✉ ✓ 00:36, 1 January 2017 (UTC)|
Precious five years!
A beer for you!
|Well, apparently they don't serve bourbon in this joint. Cheers Ched! Drmies (talk) 03:33, 18 April 2017 (UTC)|
Hey buddy - how the heck ya doin? Hi and TY WV, Gerda, and Endercase ... appreciate yinz dropping a line. Hope all is well with everyone. (Ched - not logged in) (maybe I can recover my password?) 2601:547:1202:3D70:C104:C964:B802:4439 (talk) 14:39, 18 April 2017 (UTC)
HA - FOUND IT. :-) —14:42, 18 April 2017 (UTC)