DYK nomination of Water supply and sanitation in Morocco
Hello! Your submission of Water supply and sanitation in Morocco at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and there still are some issues that may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) underneath your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! Calmer Waters 16:09, 2 December 2009 (UTC)
2010 WikiCup Signups Reconfirmation!
To ensure that everyone who signed up is still committed to participating in the 2010 WikiCup, it is required that you remove your name from this list! By removing your name, you are not removing yourself from the WikiCup. This is simply a way for the judges to take note of who has not yet reconfirmed their participation. If you have not removed your name from that list by December 30th, 2009 (by 23:59 (UTC)) then your name will be removed from the WikiCup.
It's worth noting the rules have changed, likely after you signed up. The changes made thus far are:
- Mainspace and/or portal edits will not be awarded points at all.
- Did you know? articles (which were worth 5 points last year) will now be worth 10 points.
- Good articles (which were worth 30 points last year) will now be worth 40 points.
- Valued pictures will be now awarded points, however the amount (5 or 10 points) is still being discussed.
- Featured lists (which were worth 30 points last year) will now be worth 40 points.
- Featured portals (which were worth 25 points last year) will now be worth 35 points.
- Featured articles (which were worth 50 points last year) will now be worth 100 points.
topics (which were worth 10 points per article last year) will now be worth 15 points per any article in the topic that you were a major contributor to.
topics (which were worth 5 points per article last year) will now be worth 10 points per any article in the topic that you were a major contributor to.
- In the news will still be awarded points, however the amount (5 or 10 points) is still being discussed.
If you have any final concerns about the WikiCup's rules and regulations, please ask them now, before the Cup begins to avoid last minute problems. You may come to the WikiCup's talk page, or any of the judge's user talk pages. We're looking forwards to a great 2010 WikiCup! On behalf of the WikiCup judges, iMatthew talk at 03:41, 5 December 2009 (UTC)
Hi Circeus, didn't know you were in the WikiCup! Since you've helped out so much, I wondering if you wanted to be a co-nom of the above for FLC, sometime in January (if all the puzzle pieces are found). What's left to do:
- complete the few remaining protologue references (more intensive digging required for these last ones)
- add opening blurb of reasonably substantial length so it can be nominated for DYK (wait until January for this)
- move genera authorities to genus column, and add new column for distribution & fill in details
- make sure images are the best available (pictures of type species preferred I guess); then add alt texts
- figure out what the missing genera are
The last one will be the most difficult, but I've left a note with a "real" mycologist who's highly published in the area and edits here occasionally; hopefully can he give some advice. Sasata (talk) 16:46, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
Yes, it is, There are two dozen or so listings in Claverack, more than any other community in the county, even Hudson. After I get done with my current batch we'll have articles on most of them. And it's no wonder I get some of these names mixed up, especially when there are a number of similar property names (wasn't the issue here, but I got confused with the way some properties are named in other communities). Daniel Case (talk) 02:00, 15 December 2009 (UTC)
The 2010 WikiCup begins tomorrow!
Welcome to the biggest WikiCup Wikipedia has yet seen! Round one will take place over two months, and finish on February 26. There is only one pool, and the top 64 will progress. The competition will be tough, as more than half of the current competitors will not make it to round 2. Details about scoring have been finalized and are explained at Wikipedia:WikiCup/Scoring. Please make sure you're familiar with the scoring rules, because any submissions made that violate these rules will be removed. Like always, the judges can be reached through the WikiCup talk pages, on their talk page, or over IRC with any issues concerning anything tied to the Cup. We will keep in contact with you via weekly newsletters; if you do not want to receive them, please remove yourself from the list here. Conversely, if a non-WikiCup participant wishes to receive the newsletters, they may add themselves to that list. Well, enough talk- get writing! Your submission's page is located here. Details on how to submit your content is located here, so be sure to check that out! Once content has been recognized, it can be added to your submissions page, from which our bot will update the main score table. Remember that only articles worked on and nominated during the competition are eligible for points. Have fun, and good luck! Garden, iMatthew, J Milburn, and The ed17 19:17, 31 December 2009 (UTC)