Preserved for historical interest (if any)
- yay, Claudine! I love finding someone else with a side-obsession (anniveraries). Mine is the biography page. --MichaelTinkler
Indeed - it means stumbling on articles I might never have considered otherwise.
I changed every appropriate link from Augustine to Augustine of Hippo. It wasn't bad, but doing this will get worse as the wikipedia gets larger. I might have just added a link to Augustine of Canterbury at the top of the Augustine page, and been done with it... This is better, but it sure is more work. Hopefully we'll get better at naming conventions as we go on. Anyway, just wanted to say hi. User:MRC
- Hi Mark, and thanks! I'm guessing (optimistically) that there won't be too many cases like Augustine of major saints with the same name. John, Francis and perhaps Ignatius may have the same issues but right now I can't think of others.
Hi Claudine - it's great to meet another Aussie. Simon is the other one I know of so far, he's already created the Wikipedians/Australians page. Cheers - Manning
Looks like today's a big day for Aussies finding each other here. -- Bignose
Hi! I wonder how many LinuxChix there are here anyway? ;-) --User:Dmerrill
Hey Claudine, I've noticed you've been calling yourself ClaudineChionh (that's you, right?). Is Chionh your surname, your nickname or what? Whatever it is, it is a very interesting name, and I was wondering where it comes from. -- SJK
- Yup, that's me. I decided Claudine was a bit vague for a username and I've been signing myself ClaudineChionh on other wikis that use bumpy case. Chionh appeared in my family in Singapore two generations ago as a bizarre romanisation of the Chinese character Jiang. I haven't found a satisfactory explanation for this yet.
Welcome back! I think you are on to something about all the changes, I don't think I will ever leave now. --User:maveric149
PS Never underestimate the power of the wiki.
- Thanks, maveric, and, er, welcome! --ClaudineChionh
Hey Claudine, welcome back! Koyaanis Qatsi
- Thank you! I would drop in every few weeks and be overwhelmed by the number of things I'd want to edit, so I'm approaching it in little bits and pieces. --ClaudineChionh
And again. :-) Koyaanis Qatsi
- :-) Claudine
Nice to see a "familiar face" here. I'm not sure exactly where we met, but it would likely be either St. Sam's or St. Bede's. Hope things are going well for you. - Cafemusique