|This user is lazy and may not respond swiftly to queries.|
Start a new talk topic.
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot III. Any threads with no replies in 7 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
Happy New Year, Closedmouth!
News and updates for administrators from the past month (January 2017). This first issue is being sent out to all administrators, if you wish to keep receiving it please subscribe. Your feedback is welcomed.
- NinjaRobotPirate • Schwede66 • K6ka • Ealdgyth • Ferret • Cyberpower678 • Mz7 • Primefac • Dodger67
- Briangotts • JeremyA • BU Rob13
- A discussion to workshop proposals to amend the administrator inactivity policy at Wikipedia talk:Administrators has been in process since late December 2016.
- Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment 2016 closed with no consensus for implementing Pending changes level 2 with new criteria for use.
- Following an RfC, an activity requirement is now in place for bots and bot operators.
- When performing some administrative actions the reason field briefly gave suggestions as text was typed. This change has since been reverted so that issues with the implementation can be addressed. (T34950)
- Following the latest RfC concluding that Pending Changes 2 should not be used on the English Wikipedia, an RfC closed with consensus to remove the options for using it from the page protection interface, a change which has now been made. (T156448)
- The Foundation has announced a new community health initiative to combat harassment. This should bring numerous improvements to tools for admins and CheckUsers in 2017.
- JohnCD (John Cameron Deas) passed away on 30 December 2016. John began editing Wikipedia seriously during 2007 and became an administrator in November 2009.
13:38, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
G'day, you blocked User:Australians kiIled in a plane crash, now there is User:Largk making similar comments in an edit summary; as well as blocking the User, perhaps keep an eye on the article with a view to semi-protecting it if that sort of thing keeps happening? Cheers YSSYguy (talk) 13:36, 21 February 2017 (UTC)
This is Bigger than All of Us
You have no idea what you are getting into.