AfD nomination of The Proletariat
I have nominated The Proletariat, an article you created, for deletion. I do not feel that this article satisfies Wikipedia's criteria for inclusion, and have explained why at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/The Proletariat. Your opinions on the matter are welcome at that same discussion page; also, you are welcome to edit the article to address these concerns. Thank you for your time. TRAVELLINGCARIMy storyTell me yours 02:30, 1 April 2008 (UTC)
Welcome to Wikipedia. Although everyone is welcome to contribute constructively to the encyclopedia, we would like to remind you not to attack other editors, as you did on User_talk:Travellingcari. Please comment on the contributions and not the contributors. Take a look at the welcome page to learn more about contributing to this encyclopedia. Thank you. TRAVELLINGCARIMy storyTell me yours 02:19, 2 April 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for adding the article on The Proletariat. I just happened to be listening to them this morning and noticed the article was nominated for deletion, so I added a source and edited copy for unencyclopedic promotional tone. I expect the article in its current condition will be kept. Unfortunately, many non-notable bands attempt to hype themselves be creating Wikipedia pages. Travellingcari was performing the necessary quality control many Wikipedians (myself included) do when confronted with something resembling a MySpace page for an unfamiliar musician. All that is really needed are adequate sources demonstrating a band's notability.
- The Five Pillars of Wikipedia
- How to edit a page
- Editing tutorial
- Picture tutorial
- How to write a great article
- Naming conventions
- Manual of Style
Please bear these points in mind while editing Wikipedia:
- Respect intellectual property rights - do not copy and paste text or images directly from other websites.
- Maintain a neutral point of view when editing articles - this is possibly the most important Wikipedia policy.
- If you are testing, please use the Sandbox to do so.
- Do not add troublesome content to any article, such as: copyrighted text, advertising or promotional messages, and text that is not related to an article's subject. Adding such information or otherwise editing articles maliciously is considered vandalism, doing so will result your account being blocked from editing.
The Wikipedia Tutorial is a good place to start learning about Wikipedia. If you have any questions, see the help pages, add a question to the village pump or ask me on my talk page. By the way, you can sign your name on Talk and discussion pages using four tildes, like this: ~~~~ (the software will replace them with your signature and the date). Again, welcome! / edg ☺ ☭ 12:16, 6 April 2008 (UTC)