Your submission at Articles for creation
Hope your first experience of editing here hasn't put you off completely. Your proposed article would certainly be interesting, and if you need any help in getting it off the ground just drop me a note at my Talk Page. I'll add a 'welcome' template with some useful links. Best. RashersTierney (talk) 09:40, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
- Check your email. When you have your friend send the email granting permission, please tell him to include the name of the page in full
Many thanks Rashers. When you say 'name of the page in full', are you referring to the full link you gave me now, or just the words 'Articles_for_creation/Ballyhannon_Castle_(aka_Castlefergus)'?
- What I meant was the full link. Please note that the permissions email should NOT be sent to the address with which I emailed you — it should go to permissions-enwikimedia.org. Nyttend (talk) 15:18, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
- By the way, except for the first comment, all of those comments have been made by me, not by Rashers. Nyttend (talk) 20:05, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
Speedy deletion nomination of User:CorneliusWilliam/sandbox
A tag has been placed on User:CorneliusWilliam/sandbox requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under section G12 of the criteria for speedy deletion, because the article appears to be a clear copyright infringement. For legal reasons, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from other web sites or printed material, and as a consequence, your addition will most likely be deleted. You may use external websites as a source of information, but not as a source of sentences. This part is crucial: say it in your own words. Wikipedia takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
If the external website belongs to you, and you want to allow Wikipedia to use the text — which means allowing other people to modify it — then you must verify that externally by one of the processes explained at Wikipedia:Donating copyrighted materials. If you are not the owner of the external website but have permission from that owner, see Wikipedia:Requesting copyright permission. You might want to look at Wikipedia's policies and guidelines for more details, or ask a question here.
If you think that the page was nominated in error, contest the nomination by clicking on the button labelled "Click here to contest this speedy deletion" in the speedy deletion tag. Doing so will take you to the talk page where you can explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. You can also visit the page's talk page directly to give your reasons, but be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be removed without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag yourself, but do not hesitate to add information that is consistent with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. ukexpat (talk) 15:18, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
Hi CorneliusWilliam. I noticed your comment on Nyttend's talk page. I also noticed that your user page was deleted and so was your first article. Don't be sad. This happened to me as well. All 5 of the articles I created were deleted. Some days are better than others. This happened to me within 1 month of being a member of Wikipedia. Talk about a warm welcome. Heymister14 (talk) 21:03, 12 June 2012 (UTC)heymister14
Hi CorneliusWilliam. I noticed your comment on Nyttend's talk page. I also noticed that your user page was deleted and so was your first article. Don't be sad. This happened to me as well. All 5 of the articles I created were deleted. Some days are better than others. This happened to me within 1 month of being a member of Wikipedia. Talk about a warm welcome. Heymister14 (talk) 21:03, 12 June 2012 (UTC) heymister14
Hey Heymister! I like your Wikiname! The good news is that I managed to have the article un-deleted by satisfying Nyttend's regulations on Copyright as fortunately I know the author of the history, and he has very kindly assisted by authorising its use. I'm simply waiting now for it to go live, so keep an eye out for my first article published on Wikipedia! Thanks for your consoling words though. You're very kind. CorneliusWilliam (talk) 21:21, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
Help at hand
Regarding this change of article name, you should note that this is a very unlikely name for an article, (see Wikipedia:Article titles). When the new article finally 'goes live', it should probably be called simply Ballyhannon Castle, (since there is no other castle of that name afaik}. That way any 'redlinks' anywhere on the project with that name will all turn blue, and will link to the article. If what is inside the double square brackets doed not correspond exactly, it will remain unlinked. RashersTierney (talk) 22:20, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
That's a great tip, thanks Rashers. You're a fountain of knowledge! I've changed it back in [] by omitting '(aka Castlefergus)' as you suggested. Much appreciated. How do I go about editing the title of the main article itself to also delete the words '(aka Castlefergus)' to then have it only be entitled 'Ballyhannon Castle'? The title field is the one that doesn't seem to have an edit option. CorneliusWilliam (talk) 08:37, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
- I wouldn't worry about it too much for the moment. It's an easy fix to move the title when the article is up and running. I'll look after it if you like. RashersTierney (talk) 09:38, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
Your submission at Articles for creation
- Thanks for your message, but I think it was you and the local historian(?) who did the hard work! I'm sure your article will be a useful contribution to the history of County Clare. You may have noticed I named the article simply Ballyhannon Castle (but I see you've already had a conversation about this). If the castle has an alternative name, you can always request a 'redirect' page be created (you can do this via Wikipedia:Article_wizard/Redirect).
- You may have noticed I removed the paragraph about the current use of the castle, from the lede section - it read too much like an advertising opportunity. The credit to the local historian, at the end of the article, isn't really appropriate for Wikipedia either. All the best! Sionk (talk) 10:22, 15 June 2012 (UTC)
I am deeply sorry that your user page was deleted. One of my pages was deleted also and am very mad at who did it. Just feel proud about it and try harder to keep it up and running. I wish you luck with Wikipedia, Just like I did a month and a half ago.