|This is Crazycomputers's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Crazycomputers.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
|If you came here to report a problem with WatchlistBot, please report it at the WatchlistBot talk page instead.|
I'm reviewing the unblock request by User:Pingsonthewing and with his promise not to continue reverting, and his understanding of the differences in the 3RR bright line versus edit warring, would you be opposed to my unblocking them? I'd do the same with the other user if they made a similar request. Thanks! Dreadstar ☥ 21:37, 27 May 2014 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, User:Docram chose a different style unblock statement. Dreadstar ☥ 21:52, 27 May 2014 (UTC)
The blocks I placed were based on the facts I observed, namely that (a) both users were engaged in edit warring, walking right up to the 3RR line in a short span of time, and (b) neither indicated to my satisfaction that they intended to discuss instead of trying to force their way. However, I am open to appeals and differing interpretations. I generally don't care if another admin lifts my blocks if they believe the situation warrants an unblock (I'm not perfect!), but I do appreciate you checking with me first. --Chris (talk) 02:04, 28 May 2014 (UTC)
- They were good blocks, I'd have blocked both of them too. It was the updated unblock request by Pigsonthewing that made me consider unblocking them; and despite the wall of text 'blame' unblock request by Doncram, the tacit admission of wrongdoing with the 'shorten my block' statement; along with Pigsonthewing's statement that they would no longer revert, there was nothing to prevent (blocks being preventative, not punitive, and all). So, yeah, good block Chris. Dreadstar ☥ 04:15, 28 May 2014 (UTC)
- Ah, fair enough. Thanks for the clarification. --Chris (talk) 14:09, 28 May 2014 (UTC)
Hi, Can you please help me with a Revision Deletion? I may have gotten carried away with my comments and it was seen by a coworker. Any help would be greatly appreciated I am referring to the 3 times I made an EDIT SUMMARY on this page regarding our real names and safety concerns. Thank you! I hope I did this correctly according to your instructions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_Duran_and_the_Morning_Show — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 17:59, 5 August 2014 (UTC)
- Can you including links to the specific diffs you want suppressed? --Chris (talk) 17:58, 20 January 2015 (UTC)
Permission for RollBack
HI , I am actually a student of GCI (Google Code - In) and I have claimed a task where I have to work with Huggle. After installing it , I realized that we need RollBack permission for it. I really need to publish my work. Is it possible that I can get Rollback immediately ?
My user account is - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Anshoe
- I don't feel comfortable granting this to an account without any contributions yet. :/ --Chris (talk) 17:59, 20 January 2015 (UTC)
Request for Rollback.
hi, i would like to be granted access to "rollback" reason why is, i see alot of Vandalism on some pages. of course admins tries to prevent that, but sometimes there need to be people like me who can help pages not to be ruined by vandalism. and i won't ever misuse the permissions in any possible way if i get it granted, i will take full responsibility for my actions with this feature, best regards. Applejacksmith (talk) 20:10, 5 February 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Applejacksmith. Please see the note on my talk page. Best regards, Arbitrarily0 (talk) 18:59, 6 February 2015 (UTC)
Thoughtless edit summaries!
In correcting a particularly obnoxious bit of vandalism on the Hiri trade cycle article I left a highly inappropriate edit summary. I will not copy it here, or (worse) translate it - but believe me it is really disgusting. At the moment I hit the "save page" button I think I probably forgot that while the edit summary in question will not be understood by very many Wiki users, the users it will be understood by are quite likely to visit this article!
Regardless, I am really bothered that anything as bad as this is enshrined in my my name, even on an edit summary. I hasten to add that the actual edit summarised is a straight and obvious vandalism correction - it's only the edit summary itself that needs to go - perhaps to be replaced with a simple "Revert vandalism" note. If this is possible. --Soundofmusicals (talk) 00:07, 2 March 2015 (UTC)
- I have removed the edit summary in question. --Chris (talk) 23:31, 23 March 2015 (UTC)