- Hello!! I am Cyberpower678. I am your typical run of the mill user here on Wikipedia.
- I specialize in bot work and tools, but I lurk around RfPP, AfD, AIV, and AN/I, as well as RfA. If you have any questions in those areas, please feel free to ask. :-)
- I also serve as a mailing list moderator and account creator over at the Account Creation Center. If you have any questions regarding an account I created for you, or the process itself, feel free to email the WP:ACC team or me personally.
- At current I have helped to create accounts for 1932 different users.
- Disputes or discussions that appear to have ended or is disputed will be archived.
All the best.—cyberpower
||10:38, 4 August 2015
||3 days, 11 hours
programming for tools
- It's mostly PHP? I have never touched PHP. How advanced does one need to be to help? Etc. Tks. • Lingzhi♦(talk) 12:03, 19 July 2015 (UTC)
- A working understanding of PHP is required otherwise you're unlikely to be of any help to us. Sorry if that sounded harsh, I couldn't find a better way to word it. That said, if you are a programmer, you should have no issues learning PHP.—cyberpowerChat:Online 16:08, 19 July 2015 (UTC)
- Not harsh. And yes former programmer. Can start self-study of PHP, if it seems there is a need. Tks.
... hey I'm at codeacadamy.com and the pace is glacial. Can you point me to easy, intermediate and advanced examples (in tools) I can view? Tks • Lingzhi♦(talk) 01:46, 20 July 2015 (UTC)
Article prefix/namespace bug
A MediaWiki bug (phabricator:T87645) resulted in a number of articles intended for other namespaces being created within namespace 0 on January 27th 2015. A number of these (listed below) were related to the activities of this account. All have now been superseded by entries in the correct namespace.
I intend to delete the misplaced articles of the next few days. I do not believe this action should interfere with (or even be noticed by) this bot, but please yell if you disagree.
Cheers. - TB (talk) 09:28, 20 July 2015 (UTC)
- These have all been fixed now. - TB (talk) 08:37, 21 July 2015 (UTC)
WikiHistory seems to be working!!
I just tested it – https://tools.wmflabs.org/xtools/wikihistory/wh.php?page_title=List_of_metro_systems – and it's looking promising. However, Kudpung is correct that it only seems to be working in article space, so far. Just so you know! --IJBall (contribs • talk) 20:07, 22 July 2015 (UTC)
- I tried some pages, including the one linked, and I never get anything other than "Error. Unknown article." Dustin (talk) 20:50, 22 July 2015 (UTC)
- It was working about an hour ago – my guess is that it's down now while they try to get it to work with non-article space pages(?)... --IJBall (contribs • talk) 21:33, 22 July 2015 (UTC)
- Correct. I'm tinkering with it right now.—cyberpowerChat:Online 22:08, 22 July 2015 (UTC)
- Minor note here Cyber: notice that the Wikihistory percentages in the edit count table are currently using "commas" (e.g. 7,95%) rather than "decimals" (e.g. 7.95%) as it should in English... Just in case you hadn't noticed! (And I dunno how "easy" it is to "fix" that, or if it's even fixable...) --IJBall (contribs • talk) 06:04, 23 July 2015 (UTC)
When you run for admin again, I swear I will defend to my own demise that this honest mistake is not indicative of horrible inadequacies as an admin. I promise! Be sure to ping me! Cyphoidbomb (talk) 03:41, 24 July 2015 (UTC)
- LOL, thanks. I promise to ping you. I saw what looked like an IP, and then realized I reverted half of an IP. :-)—cyberpowerChat:Limited Access 03:49, 24 July 2015 (UTC)
Active Watchers tool no longer works
Hello, I have been experiencing a problem with the Active Watchers tool as is lead me to a page that says, "No redirect found." As I suspect this was caused by the Toolserver shutdown, is it possible to find, or re-create the source code of the tool? Racer-Ωmegα 20:19, 28 July 2015 (UTC)
User:Cyberbot I/AfD's requiring attention has been down for two weeks, thought I'd mention in case you didn't see. Very useful tool—I appreciate your maintenance – czar 06:37, 29 July 2015 (UTC)
semi vs full create protection
Hey - can you tweak Cyberbot so that RFPP requests for create protection are archived whether that create protection is full or semi? Personally, I don't semi-salt pages but some admins do, and I think the bot is only looking for the full enchilada and treating the semi-salting as unprotection. The request today was for Blue Ivy Carter. Thanks. :-) KrakatoaKatie 22:50, 29 July 2015 (UTC)
Cyberbot I doesn't archive requests approved by non-bureaucrats
Cyberbot I's WP:CHU clerking code seems to be outdated, as it has left a massive backlog of unarchived requests which I had to manually archive. All of these unarchived requests were made by non-bureaucrats. The code for the bot should be updated to recognize requests handled by global renamers who are not local enwiki crats. Could that be changed accordingly? Thanks. --I am k6ka Talk to me! See what I have done 04:48, 30 July 2015 (UTC)
Asking you because you recently had your bot working on archive.org and dead links.
Over at WT:NRHP, we're concerned: the National Register of Historic Places website has just moved a lot of their documentation from URLs with a long-used and simple naming convention to a new one that isn't systematic whatsoever. We've depended on the old format for a long time, and while the old URLs are still working as HTTP redirects for the moment, we don't know how long they'll last, and most aren't currently in archive.org. If I give you a list of URLs, would you mind writing and requesting permission for a relevant bot task?
Basically, since archive.org will suggest that you "Save this url in the Wayback Machine" when you request its copy of a never-archived-but-currently-active page (you probably know what I mean, but if not, go to ), it would be wonderful if your bot could take each entry from a long list, and every time that it got that message, it would request that archive.org save the URL. If this could be accomplished, it would be wonderfully helpful, but presumably it would take a good deal of time, since we're talking several tens of thousands of URLs.
Discussion of this topic is at WT:NRHP#NPS Focus has been updated, if you're curious. I'll answer any questions that you may have. Thanks! Nyttend (talk) 12:50, 31 July 2015 (UTC)