- Hello!! I am Cyberpower678. I am an administrator on Wikipedia. Despite that, I'm still your run of the mill user here on Wikipedia.
- I specialize in bot work and tools, but I lurk around RfPP, AfD, AIV, and AN/I, as well as RfA. If you have any questions in those areas, please feel free to ask. :-)
- I also serve as a mailing list moderator and account creator over at the Account Creation Center. If you have any questions regarding an account I created for you, or the process itself, feel free to email the WP:ACC team or me personally.
- At current I have helped to create accounts for 2504 different users and renamed 722 other users.
- Disputes or discussions that appear to have ended or is disputed will be archived.
All the best.—cyberpower
Connectivism Bot Link Incorrect
The User:InternetArchiveBot made two link changes to the Connectivism article. The first one was broken now works (thanks!) but the second correction did not go to a working page. I fixed it and left a note on the Talk page, but did not understand the instructions on how to report this issue, so am leaving this here. Thank you! FULBERT (talk) 13:36, 12 August 2017 (UTC)
- @FULBERT: The problem is because GreenC bot operated by GreenC added that archive to IABot's DB. Please see https://tools.wmflabs.org/iabot/index.php?page=manageurlsingle&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aupress.ca%2Fbooks%2F120146%2Febook%2F01_Anderson_2008_Ally-Online_Learning.pdf —CYBERPOWER (Around) 21:44, 12 August 2017 (UTC)
- It says "Page cannot be displayed due to robots.txt" .. since archive.org might be lifting robots.txt in the future, and given no better alternative at a different archive, it retains them. -- GreenC 22:31, 12 August 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks; not sure how to edit it so it does not happen again (or is that now somehow accomplished)?FULBERT (talk) 13:09, 13 August 2017 (UTC)
- There is no automated mechanism to monitor robots.txt links and restore them when they become available so for the time being it's keeping them in place as if active since presumably they will become available sooner than later. If you want to remove it anyway, login to the link above and edit the record. But then when robots.txt gets lifted and the link becomes available it won't be seen. In this situation probably the best thing to do is leave it as is for now. -- GreenC 13:26, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
@Legoktm, Deskana, Addshore, MusikAnimal, Kaldari, NKohli (WMF), Samwilson, DarkFireTaker, GorillaWarfare, Isarra, Deryck Chan, Pigsonthewing, Sphilbrick, Bd808, Bawolff, Petrb, Dispenser, Birgit Müller (WMDE), Cirdan, Krenair, and Keegan:. It was a pleasure to meet and engage with everyone at Wikimania 2017. Hopefully I can attend next year. :-) Apologies if I missed your name in the ping list. It wasn't my intention to forget you.—CYBERPOWER (Chat) 12:59, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you, it was nice to meet you too. I don't know if I'll be able to go next year or not but we'll see. :) --Krenair (talk • contribs) 15:03, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
- I almost forgot KrakatoaKatie—CYBERPOWER (Chat) 16:25, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
- How can you possibly almost forget KrakatoaKatie:) It was great to meet you too; I've seen so much of your work, so happy to put a face on it.--S Philbrick(Talk) 17:52, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
Thanks! :-) It was a pleasure to meet you too! See you around soon. --Birgit Müller (WMDE) (talk) 18:38, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you, great to meet you as well! Keegan (talk) 20:36, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
@Cyberpower678: Nice to meet you too! Safe travels. --Dan Garry, Wikimedia Foundation (talk) 23:27, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for your ping. It was great to meet you and enjoy your onward travels! Deryck C. 09:33, 15 August 2017 (UTC)
- Oh yes! It was fun to meet you folks! Thanks to your ping, I can find some of the others that I met. I started a list on my page to keep track since Wikipedia doesn't really have social media function. Let me know what you guys think (and please feel free to add if I missed anyone). Also, Cyberpower678, I will send our Saturday night dinner pic to Deryck and he can upload it to Commons if he wishes to. Let's keep the fun alive on wiki! --DarkFireTaker (talk) 12:45, 16 August 2017 (UTC)
A cheeseburger for you!
||You must be anemic from the lack of red meat on the lunch menu to forget me, so have a 1/2 pound cheeseburger to get some iron back in your bloodstream!
It was awesome to meet you, and I'll see you again! :-) Katietalk 23:14, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
- @KrakatoaKatie: I absolutely loved the legal session. How about you?—CYBERPOWER (Message) 23:39, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
- Me too! And the Internet Archive people were great! Katietalk 01:05, 15 August 2017 (UTC)
Hey there! I was editing on the Tariff talk page
, and I noticed Cyberbot's signature was missing
html tags on a comment from 2015. I don't know how to investigate Cyberbot's history, I'm not sure if someone deleted the closing tags from Cyberbot's signature on the tariff page, or if it was previously an issue but has since been fixed. Therefore, I thought I'd mention it in case no one has ever pointed it out or it hasn't been fixed. Here is how the signature code currently appears on the talk page.
—[[User:Cyberbot II|<sup style="color:green;font-family:Courier">cyberbot II]]<small><sub style="margin-left:-14.9ex;color:green;font-family:Comic Sans MS">[[User talk:Cyberbot II|<span style="color:green">Talk to my owner]]:Online</sub></small> 12:33, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
Sorry if this is the wrong place to leave this feedback! --Furicorn (talk) 00:16, 15 August 2017 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
||The Original Barnstar
|Nice work on the InternetArchiveBot! Cypherquest (talk) 16:49, 15 August 2017 (UTC)
A problematic edit (probably)
Hi there! Just wanted to let you know that this edit (by InternetArchiveBot) seems to have caused some problems within a template. Cheers, --Edcolins (talk) 20:44, 15 August 2017 (UTC)