|Please do not reply here in response to comments I have made on other Talk pages. Conversations should remain on the page where they started.|
- 1 Josai
- 2 Precious two years!
- 3 Murakami
- 4 Toei
- 5 Disambiguation link notification for March 19
- 6 They taste good
- 7 I am waiting for your reply.
- 8 ArbCom 2017 election voter message
- 9 Please help me about ctegory names
- 10 Orphaned non-free image File:Odakyu 70000 series impression 20161020.jpg
- 11 Akita-Shirakami Station
- 12 Masaru Nashimoto
- 13 On my mistake for Rola
- 14 Merger discussion for Kaikyō Line
- 15 ArbCom 2018 election voter message
- 16 ArbCom 2018 election voter message
- 17 Orphaned non-free image File:H100 image 20170712.jpg
- Hi. No problems, but I have edited the Josai University so that the spelling/rendering is now consistent. --DAJF (talk) 08:26, 18 January 2017 (UTC)
Precious two years!
I'd be grateful if you would explain why you deleted my reference to Murakami: it certainly is a cultural reference and the book certainly does mention Shinjuku station (as do many of his other books). This is a substantial description a couple of pages long. >No indication of relevance to an article about Shinjuku Station, and the book article does not mention Shinjuku at all either. TobyJ (talk) 09:16, 25 February 2017 (UTC)
- Hi. I did explain my reasoning in the edit summary at the time, but the chunk of text I removed just said that the book's "protagonist, who builds stations as a profession, habitually retreats to stations to watch the trains and ponder", and did not indicate what the relevance was to an article about Shinjuku Station. I looked at the Wikipedia article for the book, Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage, and that too did not mention Shinjuku Station at all, leading me to conclude that the station did not play a particularly important part in the book's story, if at all. If you are saying that Shinjuku Station does actually play a significant role in the book (and not just mentioned in passing), maybe you could rewrite the text to indicate this and also edit the Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage article to indicate how Shinjuku Station is involved in the story. --DAJF (talk) 23:58, 25 February 2017 (UTC)
Well, I figured out what I was confused about, the Toei Subway logo isn't on wikipedia yet. It mainly appears With the Tokyo icon, 都営地下鉄 above the english text on the side, just like the corporate logo. More often than not on a green background. (talk) 15:36, 9 March 2017 (UTC)
- OK. It might be worth adding that logo (white text on green background) to the Tokyo Metropolitan Bureau of Transportation article, although it should be noted that that sign does appear to be limited to use only at station entrances, and other station signage and rolling stock use just the simple Tokyo/Toei logo (the green gingko leaf) without any accompanying text. (Even on the latest rolling stock: ) --DAJF (talk) 00:52, 12 March 2017 (UTC)
- Where should I request it's creation? (talk) 00:35, 21 March 2017 (UTC)
- @Cards84664: Hi. You can request images at Commons:Picture_requests. Graphic images for logos should ideally be in SVG or PNG format, but you could initially upload a JPEG version of the logo to Wikimedia Commons, as simple logos formed of geometrical shapes and text alone are generally not copyright. If you look at File:東京都交通局 ロゴ.svg, that should give you a guide as to what licensing templates need to be added. --DAJF (talk) 02:40, 22 March 2017 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Tokyu 2020 series, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Tokyo Olympics. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
They taste good
|thanks for your help HaapsaluYT (talk) 22:32, 1 September 2017 (UTC)|
I am waiting for your reply.
Hello,DAJF Thank you for your message the other day. I am waiting for your reply because I have written a comment about "Asahi (train)".
ArbCom 2017 election voter message
Please help me about ctegory names
Hallo DAJF. DAJFさんはじめましてこんにちはBatholithと申します。日本語で失礼いたします。DAJFさんは英語のネイティブスピーカーで日本語も堪能ということで教えていただきたいことがあります。自分は日本の山岳カテゴリ (Category:Mountains of Japan) の整理や、Wikipediaの記事の改善を重点的に行っています。
そこで、「主題ではない写真」をまとめるようなカテゴリをつくって徐々に整理していきたいのです。これにぴったりの「主題ではない」という意味にあてはまる英語はなにが適切でしょうか。画像で表すと、例 (imgur.com)のBやCやDにあてはまるカテゴリのことです。もしかしたら俳優に例えて「助演」(Supporting (?))というような意味でもよいかもしれません。今のところ、Category:Mount AAA - XXXXX というようなカテゴリの表記で考えています。妙案があればぜひ教えてくだく、お願い申し上げます。--Batholith (talk) 14:25, 11 December 2017 (UTC)
- @Batholith: Hi. As this is the English Wikipedia project, it is actually standard policy to keep all communications in English. Categories used for different mountains are not an area I am really familiar with, so I would recommend following the same system used for mountains in other countries. But as a non-expert, I would say image that include more than one individual mountain should be contained within the respective categories for each of the mountains in the image. That's all I can really suggest. --DAJF (talk) 09:54, 12 December 2017 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:Odakyu 70000 series impression 20161020.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:Odakyu 70000 series impression 20161020.jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described in section F5 of the criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. Ytoyoda (talk) 00:46, 11 January 2018 (UTC)
Hi, would you happen to possess copies of Kawashima's works (or other good sources) which cover Akita-Shirakami Station? That article is being considered for deletion. The article is, at present, badly sourced indeed. I would like to help add sources and avoid deletion but unfortunately I do not have books which cover the JR East area. Perhaps you might have suitable works and can add the sources? Regards. Leuvu (talk) 23:21, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
- @Leuvu: Hi. Thanks for the heads-up. I don't have any books or reference sources to hand, but I have taken the opportunity to add a few more details to the article to generally expand it and bring it up to standard. I'll see if I can find some other third-party sources in the coming days. Thanks once again. --DAJF (talk) 02:10, 13 February 2018 (UTC)
I have proposed that the article Masaru Nashimoto be deleted. The reason I gave was "Is not a notable reporter, or a partially relevant television personality. Fails WP:GNG, WP:BIO and WP:JOURNALIST." It will be soft deleted in 7 days unless you or someone else removes the tag. Prince of Thieves (talk) 15:05, 28 February 2018 (UTC)
- @Prince of Thieves: Hi, thanks for the heads-up. I disagree that the subject of the article is non-notable, so I have taken the liberty of removing the proposed deletion tag. I have also taken the opportunity to update and expand the article slightly. It may not have been so clear from the article wording, but the newspaper reports cited do indicate that he was/is one of the most famous show-biz reporters in Japan - so that clears any WP:JOURNALIST concerns in addition to WP:GNG. If you still have any comments about the wording or notability, please feel free to drop me a line again. --DAJF (talk) 06:23, 1 March 2018 (UTC)
On my mistake for Rola
I'm so sorry about my mistake in putting Rola's real name as Saijo Hideki. The reason I had done so was because in an episode of Lincoln hosted by Owarai duo Downtown. Rola acted as a teacher and wrote her name on the board; to which Matsumoto comments: "I prefer Rola over Saijo Hideki anyways." which made me believe that this was her real name.
I had no idea Mr. Saijo had a song called "Rola" and was not aware of the context. Thank you for correcting me and prompting me to do more research.
Merger discussion for Kaikyō Line
An article that you have been involved in editing—Kaikyō Line—has been proposed for merging with another article. If you are interested, please participate in the merger discussion. Thank you. 23:46, 29 October 2018 (UTC)
ArbCom 2018 election voter message
ArbCom 2018 election voter message
Orphaned non-free image File:H100 image 20170712.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:H100 image 20170712.jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described in section F5 of the criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. --B-bot (talk) 18:32, 4 December 2018 (UTC)