== re: WP:ESP/U ==
Ohhh, that's so sweet :) Yeah, you can if you want to, sounds like fun (I am feeling less cynical than I did a month ago, for some reason... ) How've you been? — riana_dzasta wreak havoc|damage report 08:39, 9 September 2006 (UTC)
- 1 The latest User Page Award
- 2 My Userpage
- 3 RfA
- 4 Go raibh maith agat!
- 5 Thanks Daveydweeb/TalkArchive4
- 6 you haven't got enough of these, so...
- 7 My RFA
- 8 Konstable's RfA thanks
- 9 Editor review
- 10 Belated thanks
- 11 RfA Thanks
- 12 Talk like a pirate day
- 13 Your review of me
- 14 September Esperanza Newsletter
- 15 The Halo's RfA
- 16 My editor review!
- 17 Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/List_of_maps_in_Battlefield_2
- 18 PC games
- 19 Wikipedia:Esperanza/User Page Award
- 20 Nishkid64's RfA thanks
- 21 Thanks.
- 22 WP:ESP/UPA - Time to judge!
- 23 Re: Here's to you!
- 24 Thanks
- 25 Editor review thanks
- 26 Admin coaching
- 27 Interested in being nominated for adminship soon?
- 28 List of maps in Company of Heroes
The latest User Page Award
Wikiwoohoo 21:06, 9 September 2006 (UTC)
I removed your nom of Riana Dszata as judges aren't allowed to nominate. Sorry. Jorcoga 23:58, 9 September 2006 (UTC)
On my userpage, I would like to have a light blue background of some kind, but am struggling to make this work. As you apparently know how to do this, could you help me? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Daniel 123 (talk • contribs)
My apologies, I meant to remove this comment. And as to the possability of this, just look at my user page, freshly awsomified.21:08, 10 September 2006 (UTC)
I know, everyone hates a lazy person who can't write the code for their userpage, but could you help me out with getting a collapsable page to show my contribs? You have a show/ hide thing on your user page, could you help me get one to work?22:25, 10 September 2006 (UTC)
Check out his version of my page: . I have the exact code you want me to put in it, but yet the show hide bar controls the entire screen. I tried to stop this, but it will not work with the code you gave me. 00:09, 11 September 2006 (UTC)
Go raibh maith agat!
you haven't got enough of these, so...
|The Original Barnstar|
|I couldn't figure out which barnstar was the best one (they need a sparkly one, dammit!). Eventually I decided you can't beat the classics. So here's the original barnstar for the extensive work on WP:ER – I try to pop in a good word there wherever I can, but I always find you've beaten me to it! — riana_dzasta wreak havoc|damage report 23:04, 13 September 2006 (UTC)|
And all the best for your HSC as well... trust me, someday you'll look back and think it's all been worth it :) Here I am, talking like an old-timer again... get me a banjo and a porch. — riana_dzasta wreak havoc|damage report 23:04, 13 September 2006 (UTC) P.S. you'd better not be reading this right now. No Wikipedia for you!
Thank you, Daveydweeb and the voices in your head, for voting on my RFA, which passed 95 to 1. Now that I have the mop, I hope I can live up to the standard, and be a good administrator. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. —
this is messedrocker
(talk) 21:31, 14 September 2006 (UTC)
Hi Daveydweeb, thank you for supporting me in my RfA, which was closed as successful last Wednesday with a unanimous support of (47/0/0). I will do my best to help keep Wikipedia clean, green and vandal free. Once again, thank you! --Konstable 14:50, 16 September 2006 (UTC)
|The Golden Quackstar|
|I award you Húsönd's Golden Quackstar for your comment at my editor review. My thanks were long overdue, I hope you forgive me. :-)Best regards.--Húsönd 01:49, 17 September 2006 (UTC)|
Thank you for participating in my RfA. Consensus to promote was reached, and I am now an administrator. I'll be using the tools cautiously at first, and everyone should feel welcome to peer over my shoulder and make sure I'm not doing anything foolish. --RobthTalk 03:36, 17 September 2006 (UTC)
|Thank you very much for participating in my RFA, which closed successfully today with a result of (50/3/0). If you have any further questions or suggestions, feel free to write me. I hope I will live up to your trust. Michael 01:39, 18 September 2006 (UTC)|
Talk like a pirate day
|Happy International Talk Like a Pirate Day!|
Your review of me
Many sincere thanks for taking the time to review me. I did not think you were overly harsh at all, and you made some valid points. I'm especially grateful for your observation #1, which I had not been doing nearly enough. This was one of the reasons for me asking for the review: there are so many policies and "best practices" that everybody is bound to miss something. I replied to observation 2 directly on the review page. In summary, I wasn't diligent enough and tagged the wrong anon vandal.
RfA is a process I'm just starting to get into with any regularity. It is, however extremely time consuming (much, I suppose like giving an editor review :) ) to do it properly, so I've only voted on two or three cases where either I thought it was clear cut or was heavily swayed by unanswered arguments (with evidence).
Again, I am very thankful for the time and work that you put in, as well as your sincere thoughts. Hope to see you around! --Storkk 15:18, 19 September 2006 (UTC)
- By the way, I think I will request another Editor review when I reach around 4000 mainspace edits - in preparation for my own RfA, just to plug any leaks. I hope you will have the time to give me more comments then. Cheers Storkk 15:22, 19 September 2006 (UTC)
- I don't think "harsh" is the right word. "Honest" conveys the meaning better. I really hate it when people cloak their criticisms and comments: they end up being virtually useless. You didn't -- and remained polite, too. The time and thought it took you is wholly understood. That's one of the reasons I haven't been too active with controversial RfAs yet.... it takes real study. I'm generally against the concept of barnstars, philosophically, but here's my very first donation:
- → [ ✯ ] : the 272F barnstar-like award, for Daveydweeb for taking a lot more time and giving a lot more thought to something than I would have.
- I know it looks pretty pathetic, but it's a hell of a lot better than the ebcdic or ascii ( * ) barnstar, trust me ;-) . Thanks again, Storkk 22:55, 19 September 2006 (UTC)
September Esperanza Newsletter
The Halo's RfA
- Hey Davey, thanks for the encouragment! I won't let the result get me down (hopefully), it'll just make me stronger :) And, btw, saying that you think I'd make a good admin makes me go like this: :D And, while I have considered admin coaching, you're right in saying that the waiting list is as long as my arm, and I'll probably be waiting a very long time, so I just read other peoples. I find that works ok ;) Thanks again for the support. Cheers, Thε Halo Θ 00:16, 24 September 2006 (UTC)
My editor review!
Thanks for your great comments on my editor review. However I've made a reply their about a couple of things I wasn't sure about. If you have the time to check it out, it would be greatly appreciated. Have a nice day. Spawn Man 23:37, 23 September 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks for your comments Davey! Appreciate the constructive comments which I'll definitely give a shot! Thanks, Spawn Man 10:19, 24 September 2006 (UTC)
Hi. I was hoping you could comment on my points in Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/List_of_maps_in_Battlefield_2. I am worried that a lot of objective factual articles are being deleted from Wikipedia in the name of removing "game guides". Remy B 03:33, 24 September 2006 (UTC)
I does look better. I added a couple places that I thought could use citations. Also, although I didn't single it out, I think that the "Distribution" section probably could use a cite or two. Although nothing stands out as serious OR, just a link to an item or two about the examples used probably would help. The section seems "empty" when you look at it :)
I'm adding a cite that I happened to find accidently, that might help too....
There's really no time you have to wait for to re-nominate the article. Basically, once everything is set, you can just put it back on the list :) --- The Bethling(Talk) 13:22, 24 September 2006 (UTC)
I see you've been diligent in adding citations to the article. However, GA criteria 1c states that the article must conform to the Manual of style; there are two headings I can see that are linked. Other than that, well done. (Note: I am not a good article reviewer, you should wait for someone more experienced to pass it.)
Nishkid64's RfA thanks
|Thank you very much for participating in my RfA, which closed successfully earlier today with a result of (60/9/4). Although, I encountered a few problems in my RfA, I have peacefully resolved my conflicts and made amends with the people involved. If you have any further questions or suggestions, feel free talk to me. I hope I will live up to your expectations. --Nishkid64 22:14, 26 September 2006 (UTC)|
I just wanted to drop a quick thank you for evaluating me on my editor review. (So far, you're the only person to have done so.) Since the review, I've joined WikiProject Novels and have done some work there, tagging articles, adding infoboxes, and even (*gasp!*) writing new and improving existing articles. Writing is more challenging than doing new page patrol, but it's much more rewarding, too. Thanks for your feedback, and thanks for your dedication to that project. You've even inspired me: I'm going to spend more time at WP:ER reviewing other editors, because I think it's a pretty worthwhile endeavor. Cheers. -- Merope Talk 14:59, 27 September 2006 (UTC)
WP:ESP/UPA - Time to judge!
Re: Here's to you!
Thank you for the barnstar :-) I believe every review is useful for the one requesting it, and since you have been working on them for much longer, I decided to give you all a small hand. Keep it up, and thanks again! -- ReyBrujo 14:11, 1 October 2006 (UTC)
Hey, thanks for the welcome and everything, and thanks for the constructive criticism. Chrishy Man 18:24, 1 October 2006 (UTC)
Editor review thanks
As it's been a while since you signed up for admin coaching, I am just checking that you still wish to receive it. If so just add you name to the "Unassigned" section of the coaching box, and you'll be assigned a couple of coaches as soon as they become available. Let me know (on my talk page) if you have any questions. Cheers, Petros471 16:48, 2 October 2006 (UTC)
Interested in being nominated for adminship soon?
Hi! I hope you are feeling fine. I have noticed that your last RfA was very close and I voiced out my opinion over your nomination as Neutral. After some thoughts about this and considering the other strong positive factors regarding the editing you have been doing on this project, I was just wandering if you would accept a nomination for adminship sometime in November 2006? Why November? Well, your last RfA was on end of August 2006 and running for RfA again after less than two months is a bit too soon. So, to play it safe, I have decided to nominate you sometime next month. I feel that you truly deserve to be an admin and it was unfortunate that your nomination was not a success. Personally, I know exactly how you must be feeling as I have gone through three failed RfAs myself! The extra buttons which would be given to you would certainly benefit this project! --Siva1979Talk to me 19:24, 2 October 2006 (UTC)
- I feel I must second Siva here. You are a great asset to this project, and one of the best users I have come across. I will definitely support you again. Thanks. --Alex (Talk) 19:33, 2 October 2006 (UTC)
- Oh, wow. This is... unexpected. :) Thank you very much, both of you, but I'd prefer not to be nominated until perhaps December or January at the earliest. I won't have enough time to continue editing over the coming weeks because of my final school exams, so I'd be going into an RfA with over a month of relative inactivity. I'd prefer to just wait a little longer first. Thank you very, very much for your kind words, though. :) Daveydweeb (chat/patch) 22:26, 2 October 2006 (UTC)