User talk:David Gerard
|This is a Wikipedia user talk page.
If you find this page on any site other than the English Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated, and that I may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:David_Gerard .
Please put new stuff at the bottom, where I'll see it.
Help decide the future of Wikimania
The Wikimedia Foundation is currently running a consultation on the value and planning process of Wikimania, and is open until 18 January 2016. The goals are to (1) build a shared understanding of the value of Wikimania to help guide conference planning and evaluation, and (2) gather broad community input on what new form(s) Wikimania could take (starting in 2018).
After reviewing the consultation, we'd like to hear your feedback on on this survey.
In addition, feel free to share any personal experiences you have had at at a Wikimedia movement conference, including Wikimania. We plan to compile and share back outcomes from this consultation in February.
Regarding the use of primary sources, I think you are misunderstanding what these mean in the context of Wikipedia. I suggest you refer to the guidelines on Wikipedia sources. Best wishes, Tiddlypeep (talk) 23:12, 15 January 2016 (UTC)
- I do know about advertising materials, and when the primary sources are to be distrusted on principle. You are literally putting up publicity materials from cryonics organisations, and that's two editors who have removed your attempts to do so so far - David Gerard (talk) 23:23, 15 January 2016 (UTC)
Question for regarding Natural News article
Hi are you an admin here? On the Natural News article my opinion is that the story about Adams being investigated for potential calls for violence against Monsanto is more relevant in the opening section than the story about sockpuppets, what's your take on that?--126.96.36.199 (talk) 16:29, 22 January 2016 (UTC)
- Depends on third-party coverage really. Might look and opine later - David Gerard (talk) 19:45, 22 January 2016 (UTC)
Transhumanist politics dispute resolution
Hello! I have made a dispute resolution request for the dispute about sources on the transhumanist politics page "too close to the subject". I hope that we can get this problem resolved! --Haptic Feedback (talk) 19:09, 24 January 2016 (UTC)
- Volunteer note: Hey David, just wanted to ask if you could chime in at #List of contended sources and #Counter-claims. Cheers, Doctor Crazy in Room 102 of The Mental Asylum 00:57, 2 February 2016 (UTC)
- Fourth round of statements are now up. Discussing the IEET sources. Please respond in 48 hrs if you won't be responding to this section. Cheers, Doctor Crazy in Room 102 of The Mental Asylum 03:35, 7 February 2016 (UTC)
- Rolf Nelson already detailed the non-notability of the Open Letter on Cryonics at Talk:Cryonics#Cryonics_organizations, responding directly to you - David Gerard (talk) 21:36, 4 February 2016 (UTC)
Towards a New Wikimania results
Last December, I invited you to share your views on the value of Wikimedia conferences and the planning process of Wikimania. We have completed analysis of these results and have prepared this report summarizing your feedback and important changes for Wikimania starting in 2018 as an experiment. Feedback and comments are welcome at the discussion page. Thank you so much for your participation. I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, 22:47, 8 February 2016 (UTC)