|Welcome to Caballero//Historiador's talk page.
Tips for the angry new user (a good rented idea).
Hi! I welcome your constructive comments and will respond as time allows me. Please:
2. Please be sure and let me know what article you are referring to by providing a wikilink.
3. at the bottom when starting a new topic.
4. Do not edit or move comments.
5. Please sign and date your posts using four tildes (~~~~).
|Threads older than 12 days may be archived.|
- 1 Spamming
- 2 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 3 /* 2017 */ no way out fed cyber sunday
- 4 Draft:Nirhua Ricksawala 2
- 5 Alejandro Jodorowsky
- 6 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sewing_machine
- 7 Happy Festivus!
- 8 Merry Christmas
- 9 Yo Ho Ho
- 10 Happy New Year, Caballero1967!
- 11 Happy New Year, Caballero1967!
- 12 February 2017 at Women in Red
- 13 Slavery in the Spanish New World colonies
- 14 Attention: WikiProject African diaspora participants
- 15 review
- 16 Copyvioissues
- 17 Women in Red World Contest
- 18 ArbCom 2017 election voter message
- 19 Your signature
- 20 African Episcopal Church of St. Thomas
- 21 Merry Christmas!
- 22 AfC notification: User:Caballero1967/David P. Geggus has a new comment
Thanks for your message about removing my links from the article on infant baptism. The links were to a scholarly book I have written that is quite relevant to the topic. Were they removed because they linked to Amazon? If so, can I re-list the reference without the link and provide just the ISBN?
Thanks for any help!
- @Elleos1212: Thanks for contacting me about your edits. You may have noticed that I left another message on your talk page (here). The issue is that authors are expected not to add their works to Wikipedia because of WP:COI. A link to Amazon those does not help either. But as I mentioned on your talk page, there are plenty you can contribute with at WP. The Teahouse is a wonderful place to start. And since your book (which is of interest to me too) should have an updated bibliography, you would be in a unique position to revise the ones we have here, and help to polish our articles from a neutral position WP:NPOV. Please, let me know how could I help. Caballero/Historiador ⎌ 17:56, 26 November 2016 (UTC)
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
/* 2017 */ no way out fed cyber sunday
- @188.8.131.52: Could you explain, please? I am not sure what you mean. Caballero/Historiador ⎌ 05:42, 1 December 2016 (UTC)
Hello, I'm slightly confused by your comment on the above. It is an abandoned draft which has not been edited for six months and therefore is eligible for speedy deletion. It is not a submitted draft via AfC. Regards, Eagleash (talk) 05:33, 1 December 2016 (UTC)
- @Eagleash: I was confused as well when I did not find the button for rejection. That's why I left the comment. I must be missing something here. My intent was to make sure the article is either deleted or improved. As it seems there is no one to improve it, then, to have it deleted. But there was no option for suggesting it. Thanks for your help. Caballero/Historiador ⎌ 05:38, 1 December 2016 (UTC)
I am writing in response to the removal of my edit on Alejandro Jodorowski as "not being constructive." Jodorowski, in his own words, is an admitted rapist. His bio should not simply contain praise, but an overview of his doings and accomplishments. He is quoted admitting this act in the book about the film El Topo, and his admittance is referenced on Wikipedia here.
I believe it is very constructive for those who are learning about the man to have a full picture of exactly the type of human being that he is. To discount this, to sweep it under the rug, is negligent. Drollison1983 (talk) 20:28, 7 December 2016 (UTC)drollison1983 12/7/16Drollison1983 (talk)
- @Drollison1983: Thanks for writing and responding to my revert. If it is as you claim, follow these steps. 1) Place a note on the article's talk page with wording similar to what you just wrote here. 2) Rather than just reverting my edit, rewrite your contribution in a way that does not appear as you are vandalizing the article or disrupting editing. Perhaps add the wikilink you provided above, but make sure that it follows the narrative in the article's text--certainly not in the lede unless you have strong reasons for it, which you would have to justify in the talk page. 3) And, more importantly, provide a reliable source (WP:RS) to back your claim. These steps will ensure that your contribution would be seen as in good faith (WP:GF), and will increase the chances of staying longer in the text. Articles about living people are patrolled closely and we prefer to err on the side of a positive image than on the opposite. So, please, consider your intention carefully, and let me know how to help. Caballero/Historiador ⎌ 21:12, 7 December 2016 (UTC)
|Air grievances, enjoy meatloaf (vegetarian or not) and challenge others in feats of strength! :) Megalibrarygirl (talk) 19:47, 23 December 2016 (UTC)
Yo Ho Ho
Happy New Year, Caballero1967!
Happy New Year, Caballero1967!
February 2017 at Women in Red
Attention: WikiProject African diaspora participants
Hello fellow project participants. Not sure how many users are still active as normal Wikipedia editors but felt the need to attempt to get a gauge on who can be called on for help with articles falling under the umbrella of the African diaspora project. According to the project's article table there are over six thousand articles related to the African diaspora; there's not a hundred at FA/GA grade and there's over twelve hundred that are unassessed. With Wikipedia being one of the major information reference points in the world today we should consider this unacceptable. Much work needs to be done on the rating of the importance of articles as well. With more communication amongst participants and a dedication to addressing the articles on the to-do list I believe we can make this WikiProject one of the most well organized and thorough on the site. If you are interested in collaborative work with some of your fellow project members, have certain expertise on any particular subjects, ideals on/about the WikiProject, etc. simply drop your name under the "Project revision" section I've created on the project's talk page and state your intentions and main points of interest in our WikiProject and we can attempt to move forward from there. Hoping to hear from everyone soon! WikiGuy86 (talk) 03:51, 24 April 2017 (UTC)
Hi I am new to Wikipedia, so forgive me if this is not the correct place to ask for help. I recently created an article for David Benac, but it needs reviewing. Any help would certainly be appreciated. It is wonderful that you offer your time. :) Thanks Nicool9 (talk) 22:07, 10 July 2017 (UTC)Nicool9
Hi. We're into the last five days of the Women in Red World Contest. There's a new bonus prize of $200 worth of books of your choice to win for creating the most new women biographies between 0:00 on the 26th and 23:59 on 30th November. If you've been contributing to the contest, thank you for your support, we've produced over 2000 articles. If you haven't contributed yet, we would appreciate you taking the time to add entries to our articles achievements list by the end of the month. Thank you, and if participating, good luck with the finale!
ArbCom 2017 election voter message
Please be aware that your signature uses deprecated
You are encouraged to change
African Episcopal Church of St. Thomas
AfC notification: User:Caballero1967/David P. Geggus has a new comment