Skip to the bottom ⇩ · It is 3:10 PM where this user lives in Alberta. ()
I forgot the required attribution
Sorry Diannaa, I will add CC-by-SA Vorpzn (talk) 22:29, 16 June 2017 (UTC)
Help with copyright questions
Hi, Diannaa. I'm a fan of women's soccer and I've been creating and improving articles related to the theme. I also follows some pages about women's soccer. Recently, I saw some pictures of some players which articles lacks a picture. I did contact the copyright owners and they are very willing to upload the pictures on Wikipedia, since they are also enthusiasts of the sport. However, they are asking me several question and I'm not an expert on the theme. I would like to know if there's some way they can contact you or some other admin, who can answer their questions. So, they can find out, if they want or not upload the pictures under Wikipedia License. Because, I don't want to give them any wrong information.--SirEdimon (talk) 05:15, 18 June 2017 (UTC)
- It sounds to me like they want legal advice as to the consequences of releasing their images under license. If that's the case, the are going to have to discuss with their lawyer. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 12:42, 18 June 2017 (UTC)
- Dianaa, they want to know how it's work on Wikipedia. That's not a legal matter.--SirEdimon (talk) 22:21, 18 June 2017 (UTC)
- Then perhaps the information at WP:Donating copyrighted materialsis what you are looking for? — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 11:26, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
Hi Dianna thanks for your message, but I am the admin of the snuproject.wordpress.com, would it solve the issue? — Preceding unsigned comment added by OrsanS (talk • contribs) 09:13, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
- If you are the copyright holder and wish to release this material to Wikipedia under license, please see the instructions at WP:Donating copyrighted materials. There's a sample permission email at WP:Consent. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 11:25, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
Help on blocked content for GC page
Hello Diannaa, I am in the process of making the Wikipedia page for Galapagos Conservancy more robust, and received your message that my recent edits were in violation of copyright. As the President and founder of the organization, it was not on my radar that I would be in violation of any of Wikipedia's policies, since much of the text I am including is content that I have written at one point in time. But if I am understanding the policy correctly, I still need to provide citations (from our website, for example?) on text that I am citing -- is that correct? Can you please provide more guidance as to how we can best align with Wikipedia's policies and restore our page, or let me know specifically what you found to be in violation of Wikipedia’s copyright policy? Thank you in advance for your help.
Johannah Barry (talk) 16:46, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
- You cannot post copyright material on Wikipedia even if you are the copyright holder, unless special licensing permissions are in place. That is because Wikipedia aims to be freely distributable and copyable by anyone, and all content must have the appropriate documentation in place before that can happen. Please see Wikipedia:donating copyrighted materials which explains how it works.
Thank you very much for your responses here:
I've modified Rojas-Suarez's bio according to the Wiki policies you pointed out. I hope everything conforms now. Regards,
Bfujiy — Preceding unsigned comment added by Bfujiy (talk • contribs) 18:14, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
- The new version is okay from a copyright point of view. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 19:46, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
Can you please advise on this GA review, Talk:G_(New_York_City_Subway_service)/GA1 there is a possible copyright issue and I don't want to act without guidance, thank you. Seraphim System (talk) 19:20, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
this is the photo on flickr linked to in the article. It now says public domain, but the archived version says All Rights Reserved and the source for our file is an ebay listing — none of our editors have claimed credit for it, and it hasn't been verified through the usual Flickr upload process.
 this is our file
Kew Gardens 613 Has posted links for the ebay source to the GA review page. I don't want to pass the review until one of our admins has approved the file, thanks Seraphim System (talk) 19:36, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
- I don't think we can keep either of those images and I have nominated them both for deletion at the Commons. I have responded at the GA review page. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 20:01, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you Seraphim System (talk) 20:02, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
Hi, I've noticed you've cleaned up some copyvios by MSENDER007. This article was created by that user. I've attributed in edit summary the parts of the page that were copied from other Wikipedia articles and rewritten pretty much everything else, and I think it may be prudent to revdelete old versions, as the article was rife with 1-2 sentence copyvios and close paraphrases (see here). Daß Wölf 01:11, 20 June 2017 (UTC)
- I have revision deleted that particular addition to the point you removed it. If you see any other diffs you think need to be hidden please let me know. Thanks for the report. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 13:02, 20 June 2017 (UTC)
Local Churches statement of faith
Hello, thanks for sending me a message about your concerns. The text is an official statement of faith from http://an-open-letter.org/en/our-faith not the campus website (they copied it as all statements of faiths by religious organizations are copied because of the precise wording). How to you propose representing the Local Church statement of faith without copying it? I believe it is a key piece of information to the article, as there have been questions on these very issues about the group. Thanks!
- Content you add to this wiki should be written for the most part in your own words. Short properly attributed quotations are okay, but this was not short; it was 725 words. It needs to be shortened and properly indicated as being a quotation, or re-written in your own words. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 13:10, 20 June 2017 (UTC)
Conflict of Interest and Copyright information
Hello Diannaa, This was very helpful. How can I retrieve the work I did up to this date? Is it cached somewhere or did we lose it entirely. Johannah Barry (talk) 16:01, 20 June 2017 (UTC)
- The article was deleted because all of it was copyvio, with all the prose being copied from the organization's website. There's no usable prose whatsoever. It has to be started over from scratch. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 19:31, 20 June 2017 (UTC)
Unblocking, lesson learned and a sincere talking
It's me Martimc123.
I need to unbur, to talk with you, because this whole thing started when I made my first article and it felt good, but at the time I didn't know about the policies and at the time because I want to let the readers know about puroresu, but the time I didn't saw and care, because I tought that it was all editing.
Then, I when they started to put the speedy deletion notices, I started to delete it as you know, then you blocked me.
Then I started to create many accounts because I wanted to get my articles recognized but instead I did it the wrong way.
I started to repost them without contacting any admin, and they started to get speedy delete and I tought you admins were trying to get my articles deleted and enimes when you were trying to help.
One day, I was so furious that I tried to get into Ribbon Salminen's account only at the time, but then he told me to wait only six months and do the WP:SO and I started to wait, then in December I returned and I did some of the old basics, but then I got blocked, I tried to ask for an unblcok and it was told me again and I waited, but the thing is in mid Mrach, April of this year, I return editing, and I wanted to make WhatCultutre Pro Wrestling but it was deleted all because they tought that I was a sockpuppet of some guy called "Dwdpuma". Then I wanted to make that goal possible and I pretended to be this "Dwdpuma@ and I asked an unblock on his account without knowing anything about him but I failed.
And it can be hard to belive in me, but I'm telling the truth and I'm being sincere and honest with you.
Although I did sockpuppetry, although I did copyright, although I removed notices, altough I pretended to be someone that I don't know but only with propose of wanting of contribute, to get my articles recognized and be the gratest contributor ever, that's my goal.
That's why I need to ask you one last chance, I waited 6 months, I know that the things that I did were not the way to show my good faith but please I don't want to wait anymore, I just want to contribute, it is hard to belive in me but you have to belive in me, I learned my lesson, and the block is no longer needed, I really want want to contribute.
So please give me one last chance.
I promise if you give you give, you will not regret it and I will make my goal happening and make useful and big contributions, but if don't give it, I understand, probably I wasn't made to this, and you are in your right if you don't want to unblock me, I failed with you and that's what I deserve.
Sorry for what I did, I hope you understand. :(
Thanks for your time
18.104.22.168 (talk) 21:18, 20 June 2017 (UTC)
- Sorry but if you wish to resume editing you will have to stop using IPs to avoid your block. I see repeated attempts to get unblocked using the UTRS request service have been declined. Pretty much all of your attempts to add content to this encyclopedia have been reverted. I don't think Wikipedia is a good fit for you and suggest you find something else to do with your leisure time. Sorry, — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 21:37, 20 June 2017 (UTC)
- Sorry my first response was pretty harsh. I'm sure that had your post to my talk page been the first and only edit from this IP my response would have been quite different. But you've been avoiding your block from this IP since the beginning of June. That's not the way to earn people's trust and get yourself unblocked. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 21:48, 20 June 2017 (UTC)
The company asked me to draft a Wikipedia page for them, but it was speedily deleted from Wikipedia, saying that the page was a direct copy from their company website. The photos uploaded are also come from their website, but Wikipedia does not allow me to upload. What can I do to let Wikipedia knows that I am authorized and appointed by the company? I have sent an email to email@example.com. Thank you!
Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 20:41, 20 June 2017 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Katiecpy (talk • contribs)
- Hi Katiecpy. Thank you for your interest in creating an article for this organisation for wikipedia. There are several problems with your submission. You cannot post copyright material on Wikipedia even if you are the copyright holder, unless special licensing permissions are in place. That is because Wikipedia aims to be freely distributable and copyable by anyone, and all content must have the appropriate documentation in place before that can happen. Please see Wikipedia:donating copyrighted materials which explains how it works. I see you have submitted an email showing you have permission to copy the material to this wiki so that's a good first step.
The second problem is notability. I am not sure the organisation is notable enough, as Wikipedia defines it, to have an article. We require write-ups in reliable third party sources such as newpapers, magazines, or online publishers to establish notability. New articles about persons or organisations that are not notable are typically speedily deleted. All of the sourcing for your draft was from the corporate website. If there's no coverage of the company in secondary sources such as newspapers or magazines the article will probably not be accepted for publication.
GODWIN OBASEKI PROFILE EDIT
Hello Diannaa, Thank you for the update on the profile of Godwin Obaseki i edited earlier. I would like to know if you have taken time to review the content. This is the correct and complete profile of the man. Also i probably will stop editing as it seems like editing on Wikipedia would be a waste of time writing and rewriting. It cost me time to do the voluntary writing and it may be better that i submit to my personal blog than the reverts i am getting writing for Wikipedia.
Thank you. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Debravura (talk • contribs) 07:25, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
- Your addition was flagged by a bot as a potential copyright violation and was assessed by myself. I removed the content, because it appeared to have been copied from elsewhere online in violation of copyright law and the copyright policy of this website. Sorry to hear you are going to stop editing. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 12:03, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
Some questions left
It's me Martimc123 again
I need to talk with you, I still have some questions, how can I get unblocked?
How can I gain your thrust back and proove you wrong?
Also, how can I contact you further without using the IP thing?
P.s: Please don't block this IP, because it is from a café, also the IP that I'm using is not avoid, simply I changed my home network, that's why I am using that IP since June.
Thanks for your time
22.214.171.124 (talk) 13:18, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
- Please stop logging into various IPs to evade your block. You did this not only to contact me, but to edit Wikipedia during the entire month of June, or more if there were other IPs. Your account is globally locked because of copyright violations and abuse of multiple accounts. Please don't post here any more. If you have something to say please log in to your account and post on your user talk page or use the UTRS ticket system. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 13:40, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
As to how to return to Wikipedia editing, please read Wikipedia:Standard offer — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 13:49, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
Hello Bíró Dávid, and welcome to Wikipedia. All or some of your addition(s) to Ilka Gedő have been removed, as it appears to have added copyrighted material without evidence of permission from the copyright holder.
This is not true. I have not used any copyrighted material without permission.
Please highlight the cases where I use passages written by someone (including me somewhere else).
I even rewrote the timeline making it much shorter and using different language from the timeline that is available at the end of my memoir. I added a considerable number of references indicating, for example, that the two Glasgow exhibitions did take place. Bíró Dávid (talk) 14:14, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
- The content had still had a very significant overlap with the material already available at http://mek.oszk.hu/07400/07416/html/. I know you have already sent a permission email to the OTRS team back in March. Please don't re-add the material until the OTRS team gives the okay. Regardless of the copyright issue, adding unsourced material from your own blog is inadequate sourcing for our purposes. We require independent sourcing in reputable newspapers, websites, or books. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 14:25, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
Grindlays Bank - Removal of material
I am new to Wikipedia and so may well have got some things wrong but are you able to add the material you delete from the Grindlays Bank page to my sandbox. This way I can make the necessary edits rather than having to start from scratch?
Andrew Fletcher 21/06/17 — Preceding unsigned comment added by AndrewFletcher (talk • contribs) 14:55, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
- Sorry, I can't do that, as we can't include copyright material anywhere on this website, including sandboxes and drafts. I can send it to you via email, but you will have to activate your Wikipedia email first. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 23:07, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
The content had still had a very significant overlap with the material already available at http://mek.oszk.hu/07400/07416/html/.
This is not true, as I highlighted all the parts that I have taken from my own work. Then I deleted all these parts a rewrote the article.
Regardless of the copyright issue, adding unsourced material from your own blog is inadequate sourcing for our purposes.
I have not added any unsourced material. I rewrote the article in Hungarian, then with the help of a native speaker, we rewrote the article.
I don't have a blog. So I could not have taken any materials therefrom. As regards sourcing I substantially increased sourcing. I quote five British newspaper articles on Ilka Gedő's exhibition. Plus I backed up the fact that there was the second exhibition at Glasgow's Third Eye Centre with direct reference to Third E+ye Centre's website plus I quite the poster of this exhibition from Wikipedia Commons.
When I used, even more, sourcing referring to published studies by art historian, then you deleted these quotes saying that the length of quotes must not exceed a certain percentage of the total length of the article.
You say: We require independent sourcing in reputable newspapers, websites, or books.
This is just what I do, or did in the past. Bíró Dávid (talk) 17:44, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
- Sorry, I made a mistake. The source document is not a blog and it's not unsourced. However it is a self-published work, and not necessarily a reliable source as Wikipedia defines it. Regarding the copyright issue, you can see for yourself the huge overlap with the source webpage by viewing this report. In addition, large swathes of content you added had no citations, so I removed your addition in its entirety. That's why I said earlier that even with the release of the source webpage under a compatible license that this material is not very suitable for inclusion in the encyclopedia in its present form. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 23:14, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
- You basically have three choices:
- Wait for your OTRS permission to get processed and then we can re-add any material that you copied from http://mek.oszk.hu/07400/07416/html/
- Add a release under a compatible license to the webpage http://mek.oszk.hu/07400/07416/html/ using the instructions at Wikipedia:DONATETEXT
- Write some totally new prose, with no overlap with the material already online, using the original sources that are acceptable under WP:RS. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 23:24, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
Possible to Get Back Deleted Revisions?
Hello, again (from a long time ago). I've learned a lot since the last discussions about using Wikipedia, etc. But I now noticed the revisions I had made (that were since deleted) are now also deleted from the revision history. Do you know if there's any way I could get at least one of those (the most complete one) back for my own records of that text? Thank you for any and all help. This is regarding this page and the revisions from May 2016: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lia_Halloran&action=history Best, Adam
- Hi Adam. I could send it to you by email but you will have to activate your Wikipedia email first. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 23:18, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
Behcet's Disease modifications
I thank you for your warning, as you can see it's the first time I try to contribute to Wikipedia so I was not aware of all the rules to follow. This notwithstanding, the article I linked and quoted on the page regarding Behcet's Disease is an Open Access pubblication of which I am author. Does this make any difference or do I still have to reword/rephrase the paragraph? Thanks for the advices
Lorenzo — Preceding unsigned comment added by LorenzoM88 (talk • contribs) 05:51, 22 June 2017 (UTC)
- "Open access" means the prose is available online and we are able to read the article without having to pay a fee. However, this is not the same thing as being released under a compatible license. If you are the copyright holder and wish to release this material to Wikipedia under license, please see the instructions at WP:Donating copyrighted materials. There's a sample permission email at WP:Consent. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 12:05, 22 June 2017 (UTC)
Hi there Diannaa, Yes - the content was lifted from a third party. However, the current article contains nothing of the risks that can be associated with rauvolfia serpentina, and whilst appearing neutral, appears to offer positive support to using it in medication. This is not my field, but I suggest that you or another editor do something quickly to remedy the lack of substantive medical information that we have about the rauvolfia serpentina. (20040302 (talk))
- Please don't add copyright material to this wiki no matter how urgent you believe it to be to get the info out there. I suggest you contact the Wikipedia:WikiProject Medicine and suggest the article needs work as I am not a medical person either. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 12:08, 22 June 2017 (UTC)
- I have requested permission from the copyright holder. They may well be happy to give it to WP. Yes, and I deserve a slapped wrist. I've been an editor for 13 years, and I know better. (20040302 (talk) 14:25, 22 June 2017 (UTC))
Copy-pasting of large chunk of text
Hello again Diannaa. When you have time, could you take a quick look at this edit and give me your view on whether a quote that long violates copyright rules? Thanks in advance! Cordless Larry (talk) 09:57, 22 June 2017 (UTC)
- Hi Cordless Larry. I think it was too much, and it wasn't made clear where the quotation ended, and no citation was provided. I have shortened it a great deal and added a proper citation. Thanks, — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 12:13, 22 June 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks, Diannaa. Cordless Larry (talk) 12:20, 22 June 2017 (UTC)
Careful with the G8 deletions
You just deleted the talk page redirect from my bot's page to my talk page with your recent G8 deletion blitz. I might suggest going back through those deletions you just made to make sure they all fit G8 policy. You made nearly 30 deletions in 60 seconds. 2 seconds per deletion is a bit fast. IronGargoyle (talk) 01:35, 23 June 2017 (UTC)
- Sorry. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 11:38, 23 June 2017 (UTC)
The Signpost: 23 June 2017
copyright on Battle of Emmendingen
Battle of Emmendingen has been static for a while, until I tweaked some of the text about the battle and put it into GA consideration. I've tweaked it more (bringing it down to 59%), but I suspect it is more likely the copyright vio goes the other way. auntieruth (talk) 14:11, 23 June 2017 (UTC)
- @Auntieruth55: The edit that triggered the bot report was this addition. Does that material appear in older revisions somewhere? — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 14:14, 23 June 2017 (UTC)
- I have no idea. The material is in my lecture notes, though, and that section has now been substantially reworded. auntieruth (talk) 14:18, 23 June 2017 (UTC)
- and when I compared this version 644295036 in earwig, I still get 43 percent or so. The bot is telling me that the consistencies are in directions, dates, people involved, etc . I don't know how to change that. auntieruth (talk) 14:19, 23 June 2017 (UTC)
- The content in the terrain section does appear in an old revision, added by you in this diff, where you cite the web page in question as your source (it's been on the source webpage since 2009, at which point our article did not exist yet). It's got to be fixed. The rest is now adequately paraphrased. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 14:27, 23 June 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for nuking the prior installment of copy-pasting from this school's website. An IP came along today and reintroduced content from here: . I reverted solely based on the meaninglessness of the promotional content, perhaps thinking someone would have learned a lesson about copyright. It appears to me that all edits postdating your revdel are now tainted by copyvio yet again. Thanks as ever for your assistance! - Julietdeltalima (talk) 19:24, 23 June 2017 (UTC)
- Done. Thank you for the report. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 11:56, 24 June 2017 (UTC)
SoundSpectrum Wiki page
I work at SoundSpectrum Inc. and have permission to update a very old and inaccurate Wiki! Perhaps I am just not aware of the correct way for us here at SoundSpectrum to take more responsibility for the content on Wikipedia. Can you point me in a good direction for legitimizing our edits?
Brandon SoundSpectrum— Preceding unsigned comment added by Artisinformation (talk • contribs) 19:12, 24 June 2017 (UTC)
- There are a couple problems with your submission. You cannot post copyright material on Wikipedia even if you are the copyright holder, unless special licensing permissions are in place. That is because Wikipedia aims to be freely distributable and copyable by anyone, and all content must have the appropriate documentation in place before that can happen. Please see Wikipedia:donating copyrighted materials which explains how it works. There's a sample permission email at WP:Consent.
I have the feeling you made some kind of mistake on Asher Crispe. Speaking only for myself, why was the edit in which I added a category removed? Debresser (talk) 20:35, 24 June 2017 (UTC)
- Sorry for the mistake. I have struck out the incorrect warning (edit warring) and added a correct warning (copyright violation). Your edit was not removed, but it was revision deleted, because in order to completely remove the copyvio from the history, all revisions from the point of addition to the point of removal have to be hidden. The category you added is still in place on the article. — Diannaa 🍁 (talk) 20:41, 24 June 2017 (UTC)
- I see. Thanks for the explanation. Debresser (talk) 21:10, 24 June 2017 (UTC)