If I have deleted your article and you would like to know why, please first have a look at the following Wikipedia policies and guidelines:
|31 January 2019|
- 1 Repeated draftifications
- 2 hey bro
- 3 Digipitch
- 4 David C. Greene
- 5 Working on Zoë Tryon Article - See Talk Page - Please Discuss before Deleting?
- 6 ArbCom 2018 election voter message
- 7 ArbCom 2018 election voter message
- 8 Deleted Page: Marcel Katz
- 9 Safeco Field / T-Mobile Park
- 10 Seasonal Greetings
- 11 Revisions restore request
- 12 Ni Hao, Kai-Lan
- 13 Jay Maynard
- 14 Draft:Cinzia
- 15 Article Redirect Issue
- 16 Sound(album) listed at Redirects for discussion
- 17 Deletion review for TriStar Products
- 18 Rais ali murad khan sahar
- 19 Deletion Those Who Inspire
- 20 Maloti Kisku
- 21 Spoka
- 22 How about Skype, Apple pages?
- 23 Deletion of Fashion Nova
- 24 Article checking
- 25 Draft:PING Gold Putter Vault and returning it to PING Gold Putter Vault
- 26 Speedy deletion nomination of Draft:Donald James Le Roy
- 27 List of Nepal Idol Winners
Hi. May I suggest that it may not have been a good idea to repeatedly draftify the Phra Wimondhammaphan article four times in a row, especially since this has been disputed by the author and one other editor (me)? If the subject is deemed non-notable, surely the proper action should have been to bring it to AfD to gain broader community consensus? Or was the main concern one of COI, in which case it should have been more clearly indicated and the author notified with a more relevant message? --Paul_012 (talk) 09:45, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
- Draftification is not proposed deletion, so whether it's "disputed" by the author or someone else is not relevant. The article was badly written and did not belong in the main space. There is an Article for Creation process that the author is able to use if s/he thinks it does belong. I did place a specific message on the author's talk page about what the concern was. ... discospinster talk 14:17, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks for the response. I've thought a bit more about this, and I must say I disagree. Draftifications, like any other page move, should be subject to consensus and the BRD cycle. When the author re-creates the article in Mainspace, re-draftifying only constitutes a move war. WP:DRAFTIFY explicitly states that such disputed cases should be restored to Mainspace and brought to AfD. (Talking about the general case here, since the specific page in question hasn't seen further moves.) --Paul_012 (talk) 05:54, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
you miiiiiiiiiiiight wanna check the edit history
You deleted the Digipitch page -- Not understanding why....
There are pages directly related:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Draft_(software) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movie_Magic_Screenwriter https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtx https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fade_In_(software) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WriterDuet
Our Digipitch Screenwriter Software is the same thing as these...
Did I need to add the word software?
- I removed it because it was written in a promotional tone, rather than neutrally. If you look at the other articles you linked, they just state the facts about the product, and also show how it's notable by Wikipedia's criteria (i.e. has been significantly discussed in multiple, independent, reliable sources). ... discospinster talk 14:43, 15 November 2018 (UTC)
YOu deleted a page I recently created. I had read the guidelines mentioned and responded with a contestation of the deletion with a message. Can you please know if you were able to read the message I wrote about the page. I cannot see that anyone has replied to that yet. Thanks,
- Hi. I assume you are talking about David C. Greene? While talk page comments are taken into consideration, they don't necessarily prevent something from being deleted. I suggest that you work on the article in draftspace Draft:David C. Greene (I restored what you had written), that way it won't be marked for deletion. ... discospinster talk 14:32, 16 November 2018 (UTC)
Working on Zoë Tryon Article - See Talk Page - Please Discuss before Deleting?
Hello Disospinister, I see you have deleted Zoë Tryon article on grounds there had been previous discussion and decision that she was not sufficiently notable to have own article on wikipedia, where, on your deleting I have commenced reviewing third party media and references here Talk:Zoë Tryon .. finding what appears to be sufficient media and references to meet notability criteria .. on which grounds I have been beginning to build/ write article .. which I sincerely hope you will not delete .. which you will allow me to further write/build .. and please, if possible .. further discuss on Talk:Zoë Tryon before again deleting ,, please?! Bruceanthro (talk) 05:28, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
ArbCom 2018 election voter message
ArbCom 2018 election voter message
Deleted Page: Marcel Katz
I'd like another opportunity to write the Marcel Katz page in a way that complies with Section G11 of Speedy Deletion criteria. Could you reinstate the article as a draft so I can have an opportunity to rewrite? If not, should I start from scratch, ensuring I comply with all policies?
- I've restored it in the draft space, at Draft:Marcel Katz 2 (since there was already a Draft:Marcel Katz). ... discospinster talk 21:11, 19 December 2018 (UTC)
Thank you for your reconsideration. Could you give any examples from the article of how I can improve to make sure I fully understand?
- For example, this:
- Katz is known for working with a variety of artists to curate engaging, out of the box, experiential art exhibitions and installations
- should not contain such promotional words, it should just state the facts. It could be changed to this:
- Katz works with a variety of artists to curate art exhibitions and installations
- Another example could be this:
- Marcel Katz began his career as a promoter in the nightlife industry. After rising to the position of Creative Director at Opium Group, a premier hospitality group in Miami, Florida
- rewritten as this:
- Marcel Katz began his career as a promoter in the nightlife industry, eventually becoming Creative Director at Opium Group, a hospitality group in Miami, Florida
- Chotto Matte shouldn't be described as a "hotspot", you don't even tell the reader what kind of venue it is. Other things are just not relevant to an encyclopedia article, like the facts that there was a pizza party with someone from Instagram. It should read less like a glossy magazine article and more like an encyclopedia entry. ... discospinster talk 21:45, 19 December 2018 (UTC)
Thank you for the feedback, I've adjusted the article and resubmitted for your review.
Safeco Field / T-Mobile Park
- I thought it did that automatically but I guess not. I just moved it. ... discospinster talk 00:11, 20 December 2018 (UTC)
- It's because there is already content there, and moving another page there would require it to be deleted, which only an administrator can do. So I've moved it. ... discospinster talk 20:37, 31 December 2018 (UTC)
|Merry Christmas and a Prosperous 2019!|
Hello Discospinster, may you be surrounded by peace, success and happiness on this seasonal occasion. Spread the WikiLove by wishing another user a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, whether it be someone you have had disagreements with in the past, a good friend, or just some random person. Sending you heartfelt and warm greetings for Christmas and New Year 2019.
Revisions restore request
Could you please restore the original revisions of the article SIP Animation, which you deleted long ago? I would like them to be available in the page history. Modernponderer (talk) 00:05, 26 December 2018 (UTC)
- There was only one edit, and all it said was: "SIP Animation, formerly Saban International Paris, is an animation company." ... discospinster talk 00:51, 26 December 2018 (UTC)
Ni Hao, Kai-Lan
I need you to stop editing this page, now I'm upset😢😢. STOP EDITING THE PAGE😬😬😬! There is a draft of Dunker Tilapiaez and it says the voice of the Ants from Ni Hao, Kai-Lan on the filmography. So, stop editing this page.
- Don't add nonsense to the page or you will be blocked. ... discospinster talk 00:53, 26 December 2018 (UTC)
Not sure why you keep reverting edits to the Jay Maynard article. His home address as the registered office for Phoenix Firestorm Project: https://mblsportal.sos.state.mn.us/Business/SearchDetails?filingGuid=b9dfdc9b-96d4-e011-a886-001ec94ffe7f http://www.conmicro.com http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=254299 So it's not disputable anyway.
The Penguicon section is irrelevant unless you believe every Medium post someone write is worth of almost 800 words on every article.
Run along now.
- Don't add claims about people's identity without backing it up. ... discospinster talk 16:44, 27 December 2018 (UTC)
Hello Discospinster. I just constructed a given names page for Cinzia but find that I cannot create the page in main namespace because former pages have been deleted and it has now been protected. I've saved my page as Draft:Cinzia. Any chance you could unprotect Cinzia and move my draft into it please? I'd be very grateful. Thanks — Hebrides (talk) 21:44, 4 January 2019 (UTC)
- OK I have moved it. ... discospinster talk 01:41, 5 January 2019 (UTC)
Article Redirect Issue
Hi Discospinster, I created a article name "Zia Ashraf, It's seems to be after i create the article you moved it to Chaldal.com, though he is the founder of this organization but I thought he should have an article in Wikipedia. He is a well known person in Bangladesh, He has been written in many reputable newspapers of Bangladesh about his achievements. Since he is the first such business entrepreneur in Bangladesh, he is very popular because of this. Following this initiative, many such institutions are now developing. He was featured in almost all Bengali popular newspapers. For short time i couldn't write the article properly and didn't add specific references. For this you moved the article and mentioned "the article is mostly about the website". So my question is if i excluded the information which is more on about the website, will then there is any problem to keep the article in his name?? Hope that you understand my thought. Excitedly waiting for your reply. Thanks! -- Roman (talk) 16:59, 10 January 2019 (UTC)
- Most of what was in the article was about the website, it wasn't clear how he himself was notable beyond that. If you write more about what these articles are saying about him, then it would show his independent notability. ... discospinster talk 17:47, 10 January 2019 (UTC)
Sound(album) listed at Redirects for discussion
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect Sound(album). Since you had some involvement with the Sound(album) redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion if you have not already done so. UnitedStatesian (talk) 14:02, 14 January 2019 (UTC)
Deletion review for TriStar Products
An editor has asked for a deletion review of TriStar Products. Because you closed the deletion discussion for this page, speedily deleted it, or otherwise were interested in the page, you might want to participate in the deletion review. Jax 0677 (talk) 16:07, 18 January 2019 (UTC)
Rais ali murad khan sahar
This man is a legend hero of his village he is a beat social worker of there people he found schools colege in there village and you nominated for deletation 😔😞 Skr sahar (talk) 03:35, 20 January 2019 (UTC)
Deletion Those Who Inspire
I am the person who created the article for Those Who Inspire.
Kindly allow me to share with you that I am not paid by anyone to create the small article for Those Who Inspire. I am a young person who has been following Those Who Inspire for years. Thanks to them I found some of the most valuable mentors I could ever have. I think this entry on wiki is just a means to share with more people the work done by this organisation. Therefore, I do not understand why it is considered as promotional (G11 - this is the reason that appears)... for example, as this is the first time I am creating an article from scratch, I checked the entry of Ted Talks... why is the entry of Those Who Inspire so different and promotional from the one of Ted Talk? Nicoleta 1992 (talk) 09:50, 21 January 2019 (CET)
- It was written in a promotional manner, when it should be written neutrally. For example, you wrote that the book is about "local people who are passionate about what they do and have the mindset of giving back to their country or community." This is not just stating factual material, it is written in a style to encourage people to buy the book, and that's not what Wikipedia is for. ... discospinster talk 21:06, 21 January 2019 (UTC)
- You're right, I've salted it. ... discospinster talk 18:35, 31 January 2019 (UTC)
How about Skype, Apple pages?
Are they not promotional at all? Or maybe it harder to remove them from Wikipedia, right? And who is going to do the traffic after that?
- Considering they are two of the most successful companies ever, it would difficult to remove their articles from Wikipedia. But you are welcome to try. ... discospinster talk 20:12, 3 February 2019 (UTC)
Deletion of Fashion Nova
Fashion Nova fits notability. Do a search on Google News if you think otherwise. I don't think your deletion was correct.
- I did not delete it, I moved it to your user space so you can add more citations: User:Pilot333/Fashion Nova. ... discospinster talk 02:43, 5 February 2019 (UTC)
Draft:PING Gold Putter Vault and returning it to PING Gold Putter Vault
I very clearly understand why you moved the page I created for the PING Gold Putter Vault to Draft. It was a valuable learning experience for me. Other times I created a stub and then went back many times over the next day or so to build out the full page. I will be more careful in the future. I have formally asked through Wikipedia to get the page back up, and as you know that can take some time. Would you please be able to help expedite things? I believe you will see the page is much improved and by making it live on Wikipedia others can engage and help me in my research efforts.
Thank you kindly,
- Hi there. I don't think I can speed the process along but I can tell you that the article is currently written in a rather flowery manner, which gives the appearance of advertisement (e.g. "As perfect evidence that the equipment the professionals play is available to all..."). Wikipedia articles should be written in a neutral tone, just focusing on the facts and citations. Also, there isn't a clear introductory paragraph that gives the reader a notion of what the article is about. If you fix these issues there might be a better chance of the article going "live". ... discospinster talk 13:09, 11 February 2019 (UTC)
Thank you much for your candid feedback. It is a flowery piece, not much controversy that I can find about giving away golden golf clubs. Very likely, once others are editing the page there will be additional content added. I have changed some of the wording based on your advice, thank you. I moved some things around, as well as added some, so that there is now an introductory introductory paragraph. Since the article was put to "draft" initially because of sourcing issues and how much of a "stub" that it was, I hoped you could put it back "live". Hopefully the review will be done soon so that others can contribute to this page.NickWikiAccount1708 (talk) 21:32, 11 February 2019 (UTC)
- There doesn't need to be any controversy in the article, so don't worry too much about that. It's more about the style of writing. ... discospinster talk 22:09, 11 February 2019 (UTC)
Speedy deletion nomination of Draft:Donald James Le Roy
Hello, and welcome to Wikipedia. This is a notice that Draft:Donald James Le Roy, a page that you created, has been tagged for deletion. This has been done under two or more of the criteria for speedy deletion, by which pages can be deleted at any time, without discussion. If the page meets any of these strictly-defined criteria, then it may soon be deleted by an administrator. The reasons it has been tagged are:
- It appears to be a test page. (See section G2 of the criteria for speedy deletion.) Please use the sandbox for any other tests you want to do, and take a look at the welcome page if you would like to learn more about contributing to our encyclopedia.
- It is a draft which has not been edited in over six months. (See section G13 of the criteria for speedy deletion.)
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be deleted without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. If the page is deleted, and you wish to retrieve the deleted material for future reference or improvement, then please contact the , or if you have already done so, you can place a request here. Legacypac (talk) 08:23, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
List of Nepal Idol Winners
- I mean subject is notable enough.--___CAPTAIN MEDUSAtalk 20:10, 19 February 2019 (UTC)
- The subject is discussed on other pages, such as List of Idols winners and Nepal Idol. It's repetition of the same content, which itself is very little content. I suggest changing it to List of Nepal Idol finalists which would include more information and quick reference on one page, like List of American Idol finalists and List of Canadian Idol finalists. ... discospinster talk 20:24, 19 February 2019 (UTC)
- I mean subject is notable enough.--___CAPTAIN MEDUSAtalk 20:10, 19 February 2019 (UTC)