|This is Donlammers's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Donlammers.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4|
- 1 Million Award
- 2 Books and Bytes: The Wikipedia Library Newsletter
- 3 Dallas Zoo
- 4 The Wikipedia Library Survey
- 5 On panda vandalism
- 6 February 2014
- 7 Wikipedia:WikiProject Zoo
- 8 Columbus Zoo GAR
- 9 Active?
- 10 A Barnstar
- 11 Welcome back!
- 12 Paris zoo redirects
- 13 The Wikipedia Library needs you!
- 14 Nomination for deletion of Template:Zoos footer
- 15 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 16 Yo Ho Ho
- 17 List of national animals
- 18 Suggestion: location map on Template:Infobox zoo
- 19 Orphaned non-free image File:National Aquarium Plymouth logo.png
- 20 Invitation to the African Destubathon
- 21 Problematic Category Links
- 22 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 23 A cookie for you!
- 24 Wikiproject Zoo mailing list
- 25 Nomination for deletion of Template:Zoos of Washington, D.C.
|The Million Award|
|For your contributions to bring Red Panda (estimated annual readership: 1,009,000) to Good Article status, I hereby present you the Million Award. Congratulations on this rare accomplishment, and thanks for all you do for Wikipedia's readers. -- Khazar2 (talk) 03:56, 30 August 2013 (UTC)|
The Million Award is a new initiative to recognize the editors of Wikipedia's most-read content; you can read more about the award and its possible tiers (Quarter Million Award, Half Million Award, and Million Award) at Wikipedia:Million Award. You're also welcome to display this userbox:
If I've made any error in this listing, please don't hesitate to correct it; if for any reason you don't feel you deserve it, please don't hesitate to remove it; if you know of any other editor who merits one of these awards, please don't hesitate to give it; if you yourself deserve another award from any of the three tiers, please don't hesitate to take it! Cheers, -- Khazar2 (talk) 03:56, 30 August 2013 (UTC)
Books and Bytes: The Wikipedia Library Newsletter
Hey Don! It has been a while since we last collaborated. As you may have seen, I, as well as other Wikipedians, have been maintaining the Dallas Zoo article and keeping all the exhibit information and events up to date. When you and I worked on it together it was upgraded from Start to C-Class and finally to a B-Class article. What needs to be done now to qualify the article for GA-Class? Anything I should add or subtract or is it good as is? I compared the Dallas Zoo article to the Edinburgh Zoo article and it seems to be on par. I look forward to your input and advice, as always! Kevin1086 (talk) 01:23, 10 November 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry, I have been pretty much off Wikipedia due to personal and work issues for the past almost 9 months. Thankfully, it's not been too long since you asked this question. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things over Thanksgiving and then Christmas this year, but probably at a slightly reduced rate. I will take a look and commend on the Dallas Zoo article over the next few days. Don Lammers (talk) 14:11, 28 November 2013 (UTC)
The Wikipedia Library Survey
As a subscriber to one of The Wikipedia Library's programs, we'd like to hear your thoughts about future donations and project activities in this brief survey. Thanks and cheers, Ocaasi t | c 14:46, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
On panda vandalism
Hello, Mr. Donlammers. I am a fairly new Wikipedian, but I was reading the talk section for the giant panda, and I came across section 17. Ummmm... I know there's not really a moral code on this site, but is there any way you or someone with enough clout can maybe drop that word out of the talk page? I know the panda page has had frequent vandalism, but that almost seems like vandalism of the talk page- either way, I find it very offensive and totally unnecessary, as I'm sure other users who have seen it do. Or am I speaking out of turn here? Thanks.--Arkansawyer96 (talk) 17:29, 9 January 2014 (UTC)
Hello, I'm BracketBot. I have automatically detected that your edit to History of IBM may have broken the syntax by modifying 1 "()"s. If you have, don't worry: just edit the page again to fix it. If I misunderstood what happened, or if you have any questions, you can leave a message on my operator's talk page.
- List of unpaired brackets remaining on the page:
- ) to speed their completion.<ref>Snir, M.; ''Scalable parallel systems: past, present and future (from an IBM perspective'' mppoi, pp.33, 3rd Massively Parallel Processing Using Optical
- Done though it wasn't in a part of the article I edited. Don Lammers (talk) 14:59, 2 February 2014 (UTC)
Hi, are you still active with Wikipedia:WikiProject Zoo, which is believed to be semi-active, is this true? Ive made two new templates Template:Zoos of Germany and Template:Zoos of Cambodia and adding some new articles.
Columbus Zoo GAR
Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, an article that you or your project may be interested in, has been nominated for an individual good article reassessment. If you are interested in the discussion, please participate by adding your comments to the reassessment page. If concerns are not addressed during the review period, the good article status may be removed from the article. --ThaddeusB (talk) 00:50, 6 May 2014 (UTC)
- When I wanted to repeat my question I noticed that my previous comment was never signed with name and date, sorry for that.
- So I ask again, are you active within Wikipedia:WikiProject Zoo/Wikipedia? best regards, Dan Koehl (talk) 11:43, 19 November 2014 (UTC)
- As with ZooPro, I have been semi-active now since mid-2013. For personal reasons, I have not had the time I would have liked to contribute to Wikipedia, and even then I am shifting my focus a bit away from my concentration on zoos to places and events that were part of my life. Thank you for creating the new templates, not to mention all the other work you seem to have been doing around zoos. I hope to start contributing more over the next few months again, but I told myself that 6 months ago as well and reality conspired against me, so only time will tell. Don Lammers (talk) 21:29, 23 November 2014 (UTC)
- Good to hear, I submitted myself as coordinator for the meantime, and will try to keep the project acive during your time off. Hope to see you when you have more time! Dan Koehl (talk) 10:38, 2 December 2014 (UTC)
|The Fauna Barnstar|
|for all the fantastic creative work you have invested in Wikipedia:WikiProject_Zoo. Dan Koehl (talk) 11:07, 2 December 2014 (UTC)|
- Thanks. I'm afraid it's still only going to be only intermittently, but I had an afternoon free and thought I would see what I could do. Don Lammers (talk) 21:18, 3 May 2015 (UTC)
Paris zoo redirects
You seem to be involved in zoo articles. If possible, could you please redirect the various alternative names to Paris Zoological Park? The main ones are Paris Zoo, Vincennes Zoo, Zoo de Vincennes and Parc zoologique de Paris. Cheers, 220.127.116.11 (talk) 11:29, 4 May 2015 (UTC)
- Done. Dan Koehl (talk) 15:42, 4 May 2015 (UTC)
The Wikipedia Library needs you!
We hope The Wikipedia Library has been a useful resource for your work. TWL is expanding rapidly and we need your help!
With only a couple hours per week, you can make a big difference for sharing knowledge. Please sign up and help us in one of these ways:
- Account coordinators: help distribute free research access
- Partner coordinators: seek new donations from partners
- Communications coordinators: share updates in blogs, social media, newsletters and notices
- Technical coordinators: advise on building tools to support the library's work
- Outreach coordinators: connect to university libraries, archives, and other GLAMs
- Research coordinators: run reference services
Template:Zoos footer has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. Rob Sinden (talk) 15:13, 20 November 2015 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 14:06, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
Yo Ho Ho
- Make sure to click on both pictures to see them full size Donlammers as they will give you a chuckle. May your 2016 be full of joy and special times. MarnetteD|Talk 03:38, 20 December 2015 (UTC)
List of national animals
I rolled back your addition to List of national animals because the source you included was not reliable. You indicated that you will add another reference shortly. That's great! You are very welcome to reintroduce the change if you are able to cite it with a source that meets WP:RS. Thanks. --Yamla (talk) 16:20, 2 January 2016 (UTC)
- I also had to roll back your addition of a copyrighted image, to that same article. WP:FU requires that you use freely-licensed images where possible, and only allows copyrighted images under exceptional circumstances. And then, always with a detailed fair-use justification. I don't believe any such justification would be appropriate for that use, but I rolled back that addition because you didn't provide any at all. Again, nothing personal. --Yamla (talk) 16:23, 2 January 2016 (UTC)
- Sorry, I missed the fact that the image was copyrighted. I just assumed that an image like that in the project would not be -- my bad. Not sure why you consider this source "unreliable", but I do have a book source which I will add. I wish you had given me a bit more time to do that, as now it's extra work.Don Lammers (talk) 16:45, 2 January 2016 (UTC)
Suggestion: location map on Template:Infobox zoo
Dear Don, I suggest that we add a location map on Template:Infobox zoo, synchronized with the coordinates, like its done in the German and Danish versions of this template, please see da:Tierpark_Berlin (Danish) and de:Tierpark_Berlin (German). What do you think? Dan Koehl (talk) 09:47, 19 June 2016 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:National Aquarium Plymouth logo.png
Thanks for uploading File:National Aquarium Plymouth logo.png. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Invitation to the African Destubathon
Hi. You may be interested in participating in the African Destubathon which starts on October 15. Africa currently has over 37,000 stubs and badly needs a quality improvement editathon/contest to flesh out basic stubs. There are proposed substantial prizes to give to editors who do the most articles, and planned smaller prizes for doing to most destubs for each of the 53 African countries, so should be enjoyable! So it would be a good chance to win something for improving stubs on African sportspeople, including footballers, athletes, Olympians and Paralympians etc, particularly female ones, but also male. Even if contests aren't your thing we would be grateful if you could consider destubbing a few African articles during the drive to help the cause and help reduce the massive 37,000 + stub count, of which many are rated high importance (think Regions of countries etc). If you're interested in competing or just loosely contributing a few expanded articles on African Paralympians, Olympians and committees etc, please add your name to the Contestants/participants section. Diversity of work from a lot of people will make this that bit more special. Thanks. --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 21:13, 6 October 2016 (UTC)
Problematic Category Links
The following articals - User:Donlammers/templates/Zoos of Japan User:Donlammers/templates/Zoos of Japan2 User:Donlammers/templates/zootest - all have links to the Category:United States zoo templates page in the wiki proper, creating unessesary sibling links in the category. could you please reomve those links form your user pages? --Blood sliver (talk) 05:27, 8 November 2016 (UTC)
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
|I hate to say it..... but I am back... ZooPro 12:38, 7 January 2017 (UTC)|
Wikiproject Zoo mailing list
Hello! You are receiving this message because you have added yourself as a member of the Wikiproject Zoo. This is the first such message, however we hope that this can be used to coordinate editing and development of articles later down the road. If you wish to opt out of further messages remove yourself from the mailing list here , and if consider yourself not active within the project, please remove yourself from member list here. For Wikiproject Zoo general discussions and suggestions, please use the project talk page. (Delivered: 16:42, 27 January 2017 (UTC))
Nomination for deletion of Template:Zoos of Washington, D.C.
Template:Zoos of Washington, D.C. has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. TonyTheTiger (T / C / WP:FOUR / WP:CHICAGO / WP:WAWARD) 18:26, 3 February 2017 (UTC)