User talk:Doug Coldwell
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
- If I left a message on your 'Talk Page', then please reply there. I am temporarly watching it. I will get back to you there.
- If you asked me a question here, I will answer here. This way then both parts of the conversation are in the same place.
- 1 Page views
- 2 DYK nomination of Dean Smith (pilot)
- 3 DYK for Dean Smith (pilot)
- 4 Orphaned non-free image File:BASCA logo.jpg
- 5 DYK for Josiah Holbrook
- 6 Image copyright problem with File:St Julian Winery.jpg
- 7 Dean Smith (pilot)
- 8 Milam Building[edit source]
- 9 Jayco, Inc
- 10 DYK nomination of Moses Bensinger
DYK nomination of Dean Smith (pilot)
Hello! Your submission of Dean Smith (pilot) at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and some issues with it may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) underneath your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! Regards, KCVelaga ☚╣✉╠☛ 05:39, 31 July 2016 (UTC)
DYK for Dean Smith (pilot)
Orphaned non-free image File:BASCA logo.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:BASCA logo.jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
DYK for Josiah Holbrook
Image copyright problem with File:St Julian Winery.jpg
Thank you for uploading File:St Julian Winery.jpg.
This image is a derivative work, containing an "image within an image". Examples of such images would include a photograph of a sculpture, a scan of a magazine cover, or a screenshot of a computer game or movie. In each of these cases, the rights of the creator of the original image must be considered, as well as those of the creator of the derivative work.
While the image description page states the source and copyright status of the derivative work, it only names the creator of the original work without specifying the status of their copyright over the work.
Wikipedia takes copyright very seriously. It may be deleted soon, unless we can determine the license and the source of the original image. If you know this information, then you can add a copyright tag to the image description page.
If you have uploaded other derivative works, consider checking that you have specified their license and tagged them, too. You can find a list of files you have created in your upload log.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them at the media copyright questions page. If the file is already gone, you can still make a request for undeletion and ask for a chance to fix the problem. Thanks again for your cooperation. Kelly hi! 14:34, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
Dean Smith (pilot)
The copy edit that you requested from the Guild of Copy Editors of the article Dean Smith (pilot) has been completed.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Milam Building[edit source]
User:7&6=thirteen I have completed the copy edit requested over at the GOCE. Some of the edit summaries contain additional information which may help with the GA process as well (especially the technology section). If you have any questions, please let me know! -Pax Verbum 22:36, 15 August 2016 (UTC)
|Hi, I just wanted to let you know that the copy edit you requested for Jayco, Inc at the Guild of Copy Editors requests page is now complete. All feedback welcome! – Corinne (talk) 02:44, 17 August 2016 (UTC)|
Hello, Doug -- I have one question: the seventh paragraph of the section on Jayco, Inc#History is:
- Jayco recently bought the assets of Travel Supreme RV April 2008, who used to manufacture high-end 5th Wheel trailers and Luxury Class A motorhomes.
- You'll see that I made a small change to this sentence, but I still see a problem. The phrase "April 2008" seems out of place. I can't imagine that it is part of the name of that type of RV, but also, 2008 does not seem particularly recent so does not seem to go with "recently" at the beginning of the sentence. Can you fix this? – Corinne (talk) 02:48, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
- @Corinne: Thanks for the copyedit and improvements to the article. Another editor entered in the information about Travel Supreme RV. I couldn't find references to this, so just took it out altogether. I'll keep an eye out if it gets reentered and ask for a reference from that editor.--Doug Coldwell (talk) 10:53, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
DYK nomination of Moses Bensinger
Hello! Your submission of Moses Bensinger at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and some issues with it may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) underneath your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! Jsayre64 (talk) 04:25, 18 August 2016 (UTC)