User talk:Doug Weller
The current date and time is 20 September 2018 T 05:42 UTC.
|This user talk page might be talk page stalkers which means that someone other than me might reply to your query. Their input is welcome and their help with messages that I cannot reply to quickly is appreciated.by friendly|
|Welcome to my talk page! I am an administrator here on Wikipedia. That means I am here to help. It does not mean that I have any special status or something, it just means that I get to push a few extra buttons to help maintain this encyclopedia. |
If you need help with something, feel free to ask. Click
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52|
You can email me from this link but in the interests of Wiki-transparency, please message me on this page unless there are pressing reasons to do otherwise. Comments which I find to be uncivil, full of vulgarities, flame baiting, or that are excessively rude may be deleted without response. If I choose not to answer, that's my right; don't keep putting it back. I'll just delete and get annoyed at you.
- 1 Using "Prophet"Muhammad
- 2 Islam in Sweden
- 3 Mail call
- 4 Was blocked unjustly, and via circular reasoning
- 5 forcefully?
- 6 Can I ask for a quick favor?
- 7 I did not call other editors vandals
- 8 It is an act of vandalism but I didn’t accuse him I warned
- 9 My watchlist
- 10 Please comment on Wikipedia talk:Interface administrators
- 11 Wikidata weekly summary #330
- 12 184.108.40.206 constant vandalism
- 13 Please comment on Wikipedia:Village pump (policy)
Islam in Sweden
Doug_Weller The references there don't mention such information though also why is the information even included in there its not even realted to the topic in hand? bolanriver (talk) 9:11, 5 April 2018 (UTC)
Was blocked unjustly, and via circular reasoning
Hello! You blocked me. This I circular reasoning for the first delete by Yaniv was inappropriate. He called my post “garbage”. I have a right to appeal to the editors board and speak, and people have been siding with me, but you and others keep blocking me! For nothing I’ve done on the administrators page! This is not okay! You aren’t using logic or sources, but ridiculous rules that you use whenever you feel it meets your agenda! STOP! Thank you for your time!— Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 05:05, 4 September 2018 (UTC)
- @Mick2: absolutely not, we'd need an attributed independent reliable and quote source. Otherwise it's original research.Doug Weller talk 11:59, 14 September 2018 (UTC)
- Well, then I give up. Icke is mostly ignored. --Mick2 (talk) 12:11, 14 September 2018 (UTC)
Can I ask for a quick favor?
Could you head on over to User Talk:Ritchie333 and let the IP editor throwing a fit there know that harassing an admin is a bad idea? I've already delivered a warning, and the talk thread has already gone off topic into a bunch of jokes and a political discussion (yeah... we're pretty weird) but the IP won't let up. Thanks. ᛗᛁᛟᛚᚾᛁᚱPants Tell me all about it. 16:11, 14 September 2018 (UTC)
I did not call other editors vandals
I did not call the guy a vandal, and don’t try to intimidate me honey cause it won’t affect me. Also, I know what I am editing because I work in the government, so I know what is the official religion of Saudi Arabia, and it was a protected page until recently, and people are starting to change what was written before. D7oom021 (talk) 16:46, 15 September 2018 (UTC)
- @D7oom021: you called his edit vandalism, which it was not. Read WP:VANDALISM. Also read assume good faith. You sbould apologise.
- In any case the religion section is for religions practiced in the country, see United States. Not for the official religion. And I am definitely not your honey, but you were just being rude of course. Doug Weller talk 17:19, 15 September 2018 (UTC)
It is an act of vandalism but I didn’t accuse him I warned
And don’t Compare an Islamic country to secularist country. See Kuwait, Bahrain or any GCC country page. Also, you’re the last person to call me rude. You basically threatened to block me from editing. Don’t act like the innocent guy. D7oom021 (talk) 03:19, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
- @D7oom021: See WP:NOTVAND. I am telling you as an uninvolved administrator that it was not vandalism -- don't you act like the innocent guy. Ian.thomson (talk) 05:22, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
- @D7oom021: If you work for the government, you may have a conflict of interest in which case you are strongly discouraged from editing the article. —PaleoNeonate – 10:39, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
Hi Doug Weller, your talk page has been added to my watchlist when i left you a message few days ago. I would like to keep it on my watchlist in order to fight any vandalism (like i do on other experienced users' talk pages like Oshwah, I dream of horses and some others). If you don't want me to do so with your talk, please let me know and i'll remove it from my watchlist. Wish you a great day. Take care.---Wikaviani (talk) (contribs) 12:11, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
- @Wikaviani: please feel free. Doug Weller talk 12:20, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
Please comment on Wikipedia talk:Interface administrators
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Wikipedia talk:Interface administrators. Legobot (talk) 04:27, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
Wikidata weekly summary #330
18.104.22.168 constant vandalism
Please comment on Wikipedia:Village pump (policy)
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Wikipedia:Village pump (policy). Legobot (talk) 04:29, 20 September 2018 (UTC)