User talk:Dr. Dan
Did you know & Signpost
|31 July 2018|
- ... that Matthias Rauchmiller, the son of a butcher, designed both the Plague Column in Vienna and the oldest statue on Prague's Charles Bridge (clay model pictured)?
- ... that the first screening of Venom and Eternity ended early following director Isidore Isou's attempt after the first scenes to play only its soundtrack to a darkened theatre?
- ... that Ensign Robert Duncan was the first person to shoot down a Mitsubishi A6M Zero with a Grumman F6F Hellcat?
- ... that the Redneck Fishing Tournament has seen thousands of Asian carp caught by its participants without the use of fishing poles?
- ... that Telfair Hodgson was the original financial backer and first managing editor of The Sewanee Review, the oldest continuously published literary quarterly in the United States?
- ... that a pair of yellow "dolphin-like creatures" from a 7th-century hanging bowl finds its closest parallel in manuscript art?
- ... that Eric Rose performed the first successful paediatric heart transplant?
- ... that flying fox teeth are used as currency on Makira?
Hello, sorry to bother you but I am leaving a message because I have seen that you have been previously involved in discussions with user Nihil novi, that are quite similar to the one I am currently having on the Marie Curie talk page. Basically, this is again a silly issue with the lead sentence of the article, with a few editors that seem to be very protective of anyone somehow Polish being called by anything else that only "Polish" in the lead sentence. I do think my views on the issue are the one reflecting the established Wikipedia practice. But since I am currently alone supporting them, it is quite time-consuming for me. So, if you had time to have a look at the discussion on the Marie Curie talk page, that would be interesting :-) Tokidokix (talk) 03:35, 27 September 2013 (UTC)
- Es ist schön, sich noch einmal zu erinnern. Danke vielmals._Dr. Dan (talk) 17:09, 29 March 2017 (UTC)
Requested move you might be interested in
Hi Dr. Dan,
There is a requested move discussion on Talk:Free City of Kraków that I thought you might be interested in.