This is the Talk page of DrJos
- 1 S.H. de Roos
- 2 Re:Dutch-to-English
- 3 Translation request
- 4 Love history & culture? Get involved in WikiProject World Digital Library!
- 5 Improving translation support
- 6 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 7 Wikiversity Journal of Medicine, an open access peer reviewed journal with no charges, invites you to participate
- 8 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 9 ArbCom 2017 election voter message
I would be grateful if you could check quality of google translation (my understanding - National Bank of Belgium agreed to distribute images of the banknotes it has issued using the same rules as euro banknotes) - please reply on http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/File:BEL-500f-rev.jpg Bulwersator (talk) 06:48, 23 January 2012 (UTC)
Love history & culture? Get involved in WikiProject World Digital Library!
|World Digital Library Wikipedia Partnership - We need you!|
|Hi DrJos! I'm the Wikipedian In Residence at the World Digital Library, a project of the Library of Congress and UNESCO. I'm recruiting Wikipedians who are passionate about history & culture to participate in improving Wikipedia using the WDL's vast free online resources. Participants can earn our awesome WDL barnstar and help to disseminate free knowledge from over 100 libraries in 7 different languages. Multilingual editing encouraged!!! But being multilingual is not a necessity to make this project a success. Please sign up to participate here. Thanks for editing Wikipedia and I look forward to working with you! SarahStierch (talk) 18:51, 24 May 2013 (UTC)|
Improving translation support
Hi DrJos! We are testing some new ideas to provide better support for the translation of Wikimedia projects and we want to hear from the community.
If you are interested in trying some prototypes and exchange your impressions, you can fill the participation form. Once you have filled the form, we'll contact you to perform a short testing session (less than 30 min. in total) during next weeks.
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:47, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
Wikiversity Journal of Medicine, an open access peer reviewed journal with no charges, invites you to participate
Did you know about Wikiversity Journal of Medicine? It is an open access, peer reviewed medical journal, with no publication charges. You can find more about it by reading the article on The Signpost featuring this journal.
We welcome you to have a look the journal. Feel free to participate.
You can participate in any one or more of the following ways:
- Publish an article to the journal.
- Sign up as a peer reviewer of potential upcoming articles. If you do not have expertise in these subjects, you can help in finding peer reviewers for current submissions.
- Sign up as an editor, and help out in open tasks.
- Outreach to potential contributors, with can include (but is not limited to) scholars and health professionals. In any mention of Wikiversity Journal of Medicine, there may be a reference to this Contribute-page. Example presentation about the journal.
- Add a post-publication review of an existing publication. If errors are found, there are guidelines for editing published works.
- Apply to become the treasurer of the journal
- Join the editorial board.
- Share your ideas of what the journal would be like in the future as separate Wikimedia project.
- Donate to Wikimedia Foundation.
- Translate journal pages into other languages. Wikiversity currently exists in the following other languages
- Technical work like template designing for the journal.
- Sign up to get emails related to the journal, which are sent to updateswijoumed.org. If you want to receive these emails too, state your interest at the talk page, or contact the Editor-in-chief at haggstrom.mikaelwikiversityjournal.org.
- Spread the word to anyone who could be interested or could benefit from it.
The future of this journal as a separate Wikimedia project is under discussion and the name can be changed suitably. Currently a voting for the same is underway. Please cast your vote in the name you find most suitable. We would be glad to receive further suggestions from you. It is also acceptable to mention your votes in the wide-reachwikiversityjournal.org email list. Please note that the voting closes on 16th August, 2016, unless protracted by consensus, due to any reason.