Sorry, not sure how else to get ahold of someone who can do something about an issue.
Kevin O'Leary does not have military service, he did attend a military college which is meant to help transfer cadets from high school to university but it does not count as military service. The person who continues to add it has no sources to back their claim of military service and Kevin O'Leary himself while admitting to being a cadet has never said he served the military.
From the wikipedia page of the school in question "It is the arm of the Canadian Military College system that primarily ensures the smooth transition of selected Cadets from Quebec high schools to university education by providing pre-university (Quebec's separate college-level) programs." Royal Military College Saint-Jean
From the official Canada Cadets page "Cadets are not members of the Canadian Armed Forces, nor are they expected to join the military." http://www.cadets.ca/en/about-cadets.page
- You should post your evidence for this at Talk:Kevin O'Leary. I recommend that you not try to change the article on this topic until you have got agreement on the talk page. Two editors were just blocked for warring on the page per WP:AN3, and article protection has been considered. Thank you, EdJohnston (talk) 05:09, 9 April 2017 (UTC)
Disruption and insults by User:Judist continues
Dear EdJohnston, I need your attention urgently. User:Judist (User talk:Judist) not only does not heel to the warnings for his disruptions on ARBMAC-protected articles, but continues with his personal attacks and insults. He insulted me  and when I asked him to retract his insults, he responded by deleting my message(!), calling it "nonsense" . Furthermore, he reverted my reverts of his POV edits  on Slavic speakers of Greek Macedonia, which I had to defend for the second time , and in response to this, he went in my Talk page and gave me a formal ARBMAC Warning(!)  when clearly I have done nothing that could justify such a warning on my Talk! Such formal ARBMAC warnings can only be imposed by uninvolved administrators on individual editors who have repeatedly violated policy, but, Judist clearly is gaming the system by using the ARBMAC warnings to harass me for defending topic articles against his disruptions. Please, your intervention is very much needed. --SILENTRESIDENT 07:35, 16 April 2017 (UTC)
- It appears that User:Judist has not made any further disruptions in past 24 hours and especially after I left you this message. I hope this is an indicator that he heeled to the warnings and the situation has calmed and that no further disruptions will made in the future. Given this, my plea for your intervention no longer holds. Thanks anyways and wish you happy Easter vacations. --SILENTRESIDENT 12:57, 17 April 2017 (UTC)
Need help to avoid edit war at Carpenter (surname)
It has been a long time since I last contacted you. Recently an entire section (noted as Y-DNA Project) of the article Carpenter (surname) was removed because an editor feels the reference source for that section is improper. Instead of questioning and citing the source the editor simply deletes it. Over and over. I tried to indicate this and ask for Wiki editor input. Please see: Talk:Carpenter (surname)#Y-DNA section. I have known for some time that this editor really dislikes genealogy and DNA testing citing such as trivia. For the most part over the years I have ignored it or rewritten as needed.
I really do not what to start the formal process of arbitration nor a edit war. I think the editor is wrong blanketing sections of articles without prior notice or indicating something is wrong (in their opinion) regarding a source.
Would you be so kind to review the situation and make an appropriate suggestion or input?
FYI - The citation which the editor objects to and removes an entire article section is...
xx ref name=CC>Carpenter Cousins Y-DNA Project, accessed August 2, 2009. /ref> xx
And the following may be TMI ...
The core of this reference is the Carpenter Cousins Project at carpentercousins.com. It reads in part, "The Carpenter Cousins Y-DNA Project, the Carpenters' Encyclopedia of Carpenters, and Carpenter Sketches by Gene Zubrinsky are part of the Carpenter Cousins Project."
The Carpenters' Encyclopedia of Carpenters has been published in various formats since 2002 and it is cited dozens of times on Wikipedia and elsewhere on the web.
Carpenter Sketches by Gene Zubrinsky [FASG]] and related articles have been professionally published, cited and such as in the New England Historic Genealogical Society publications. And he cites the Carpenter Cousins Y-DNA Project as part of the Carpenter Cousins Project.
The Carpenter Cousins Y-DNA Project has also been cited elsewhere, as I noted on the talk page of the Wiki article I cited above.
As always, I appreciate your input and help. Regardless of how you decide or help resolve such issues. Jrcrin001 (talk) 01:49, 22 April 2017 (UTC)
- User:Agricolae is probably speaking for mainstream opinion on Wikipedia. The sources are not in scientific journals. This is the kind of thing you might ask about at WP:RSN, to see if the sources are good enough for Wikipedia use. When a disagreement occurs, both of you should follow the steps of WP:Dispute resolution and not keep reverting. EdJohnston (talk) 03:19, 22 April 2017 (UTC)
Hi EdJohnston. As you may have seen, there has been some conflict on this page. I hope we can all come to an agreement on the talk page to provide a well-supported edit to this problem. But to be on the safe side, would it be possible if the article page stays on the neutral long-standing version until the page protection ends. The current one is a result of the arbitrary edits currently under discussion? Thanks. (N0n3up (talk) 18:09, 24 April 2017 (UTC))
- You can put in an edit request if you think the talk page shows consensus for your version. Since I don't see any BLP issues or vandalism there isn't an immediate reason to remove this material during the discussion. EdJohnston (talk) 19:16, 24 April 2017 (UTC)
- It's still a version resulting from unsupported arbitrary edits and possibly biased compared to the original. Thus I think it's fair to keep the neutral version until consensus is reached. How do I make the edit request? (N0n3up (talk) 19:21, 24 April 2017 (UTC))
Return of an edit-warring SPA that you blocked last January
EdJohnston, in January you were kind enough to block Special:Contributions/Mojo3232 (talk), in response to a report which can be seen at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/3RRArchive335#User:Mojo3232 reported by User:Toddy1 (Result: Blocked).
- I have asked Mojo3232 to respond to the complaint. If they do not, some admin action is likely. EdJohnston (talk) 02:05, 25 April 2017 (UTC)