"The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow-witted man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him." - Leo Tolstoy, 1897, quoted in"The Big Short," Michael Lewis (2010)
● Archive 1: 8 May 2006-31 Dec 2006
The Hill School
The Signpost: 18 December 2017
- Special report: Women in Red World Contest wrap-up
- Featured content: Featured content to finish 2017
- In the media: Stolen seagulls, public domain primates and more
- Arbitration report: Last case of 2017: Mister Wiki editors
- Gallery: Wiki loving
- Recent research: French medical articles have "high rate of veracity"
- Technology report: Your wish lists and more Wikimedia tech
- Traffic report: Notable heroes and bad guys
News and updates for administrators from the past month (December 2017).
- The 2017 Community Wishlist Survey results have been posted. The Community Tech team will investigate and address the top ten results.
- The Anti-Harassment Tools team is inviting comments on new blocking tools and improvements to existing blocking tools for development in early 2018. Feedback can be left on the discussion page or by email.
- Following the results of the 2017 election, the following editors have been (re)appointed to the Arbitration Committee: , , , , , , , .
"The OP implied the bill said things it doesn't explicitly say.". Can you please quote the words you are referring to? The IP voiced an opinion "overbroad provision permitting lawful harassment". (((The Quixotic Potato))) (talk) 02:39, 13 January 2018 (UTC)
- The OP said the bill contained an "overbroad provision permitting lawful harassment of citizens." Apparently the bill does not explicitly permit this. What about this is confusing to you? Edison (talk) 03:54, 13 January 2018 (UTC)
- What seems to be inability to differentiate between the IP expressing its opinion and the mentioning of facts. If a friend of mine would say that my local jaywalking laws are "an overbroad provision permitting lawful theft" then I wouldn't ask for a reliable source that those laws allow theft; I would understand that that person was mad that (s)he got a fine for jaywalking. (((The Quixotic Potato))) (talk) 13:23, 13 January 2018 (UTC)
- Someone has re-hatted it. (((The Quixotic Potato))) (talk) 15:00, 13 January 2018 (UTC)
The Signpost: 16 January 2018
- News and notes: Communication is key
- In the media: The Paris Review, British Crown and British Media
- Featured content: History, gaming and multifarious topics
- Interview: Interview with Ser Amantio di Nicolao, the top contributor to English Wikipedia by edit count
- Technology report: Dedicated Wikidata database servers
- Arbitration report: Mister Wiki is first arbitration committee decision of 2018
- Traffic report: The best and worst of 2017