Habib R. Sulemani
Dubious User:Egalitus with vengeance: This user User:Egalitus is a dubious person and seems out of vengeance here … He/she is involved in acts of vandalization and seems a ‘negativist.’ Either he/she is User:Hulleye or some one relating to him/her. Thus there can be some professional rivalery with the title of the article. User:Egalitus has chosen User:Hulleye the sole authority for an ‘oral verification’ leaving the written articles aside. Moreover, in the main article Habib R. Sulemani, it is no mentioned that he was an employe of Dawn. Also see Wikipedia:Verifiability 20:44, 15 Dec 2004 220.127.116.11
- I am a little saddened by your reaction. I realize it must be hard to maintain perspective in the face of criticism of Mr. Sulemani, if you are him, or are close to him. This is one of the reasons it is not a good idea to write Wikipedia articles about yourself or people that you intimately know (To quote Wikipedia:Auto-biography, ".. articles have been a source of dismay to their original authors after a period of editing by the community, and in at least three instances have been listed for deletion by their original authors." Also see the criterion from Wikipedia:Criteria for inclusion of biographies, "has this been written by the subject or someone closely involved with the subject?".)
- I have contributed over 250 edits to Wikipedia since March 24, 2004. I have never before been accused of vandalism. That charge is unmerited.
- For the record, I'd like to say the following:
- I am not Hulleye or a relative of his, and do not know him personally. I believe he lives in Pakistan. I have lived in the USA for a very long time. That is why I needed a "reality check" from a journalist in Pakistan - not as an employment reference, but to ask if Mr. Sulemani was well-known in the profession. The article does not use Hulleye as an authority for any assertion, let alone the "sole authority."
- I have no professional rivalry or personal enmity towards Mr. Sulemani. I never knew of him before I saw his name here on Wikipedia. I am not and have never been a journalist or poet, or a professional editor or writer. Other than an article I co-authored long ago in the American Journal of Hematology, I have never had an article published in a subscription-based periodical.
- Finally, if I have hurt your feelings, I am regretful. Egalitus 22:44, 16 Dec 2004 (UTC)
Discussion at Talk:Pakistan
Would you like to join the animated discussion on the Pakistan's talk page? The current issue is whether "Pakistan is famous for its support of Taliban and 9/11 terrorist" is a suitable sentence to start the article's first paragraph. Your contribution would be much appreciated, as the current discussion seems to be more of a dialog between Ragib and SamTr014 Talk:Pakistan. Thanks !--PrinceA 07:01, 18 Jun 2005 (UTC)