Hello. Feel free to drop a line. 日本語も読めますからご遠慮なく。
Lately, I'm on Wiktionary a lot more than Wikipedia, so write on my Talk page there to get my attention.
- There must be some confusion. I don't have any authority to restore articles -- I'm not an admin here. -- Eiríkr Útlendi │ Tala við mig 22:48, 2 December 2013 (UTC)
- And, FWIW, the title should be shukō instead, with the long "o", since this is clearly the on'yomi of 手鉤. For reference, 手 te + 鉤 kagi in the kun'yomi is instead 手 shu + 鉤 kō in the on'yomi.
- (There is also the reading shū with a long "u" for the 手 kanji, but this is used less often, and from what I've seen so far this long-"u" reading isn't used in the 手鉤 compound.)
- HTH, -- Eiríkr Útlendi │ Tala við mig 18:51, 6 December 2013 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:58, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
Hi. I made a few changes to the etymology section of nirvana and wanted to see if you had any thoughts. The allusions to forest from Prabhupada have been removed but the more wp:rs abhidharma one is maintained. Biggest issue is if you're okay with removing the folk etymology heading. The section seems to be set up to address fringe opinions. Iṣṭa Devatā (talk) 23:43, 8 December 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you, Iṣṭa Devatā. I've gone over the top section of the article and tweaked the wording and formatting slightly. It looks mostly good, and I agree with your changes.
- I have one remaining issue / question: the last paragraph in the Nirvana#Abhidharma section seems ... out of place. How does this relate to the etymology? The mention of the five aggregates seems irrelevant here. Does this paragraph require additional content to make the connection plain? Or should it be removed? ‑‑ Eiríkr Útlendi │Tala við mig 00:02, 9 December 2015 (UTC)
- Good question. I'm really not familiar with the Abhidharma text that is being referenced here so I largely left it alone. I'm not sure who added the five aggregates part, but I wouldn't object to it being changed. Iṣṭa Devatā (talk) 00:07, 9 December 2015 (UTC)