- If you leave me a message: I will answer on my talk page.
- If I left you a message: please answer on your talk page.
- Remember to sign your message with ~~~~
- 1 Noot voor of achter de punt?
- 2 cctuning.com.ar
- 3 Piha
- 4 Claudia
- 5 Disambiguation link notification for March 16
- 6 Help request
- 7 Remotion of References
- 8 Orthodontics
- 9 Saurer F006
- 10 Inventaris of the netheland Wikipedia Swiss Air Force page has wrong figures
- 11 Verwijderingsnominaties
- 12 Merchandise giveaway
- 13 Why did You delete my links?
- 14 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 15 Why you are deleting the photos of Melamadai
- 16 Wanderson
- 17 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 18 Danilo
- 19 Improve Page
Noot voor of achter de punt?
m.b.t. de plaats van een noot ten opzichte van een leesteken: mijn inzicht is dat indien de noot slaat op de betreffende alinea, die dan achter de punt komt en indien de noot slaat op de zin ervoor. — Preceding unsigned comment added by JanDeFietser (talk • contribs)
- Beste JanDeFietser. Nee, hier moet ik je toch teleurstellen, denk ik. Volgens mij zijn de Britten (en misschien ook andere Engelstaligen) veel strikter in hun typografische conventies dan de Nederlanders, en in bijvoorbeeld het MHRA Style Book (maar ook in veel andere stijlboeken) staat:
- If possible a footnote reference number should be placed at the end of a sentence so as to interrupt the flow of the text as little as possible. (...) A footnote reference number should follow any punctuation except a dash, which it should precede.
- Niets over een mogelijk verschil tussen alinea's en zinnen, en daarover heb ik ook nooit iets gelezen. Sterker nog, ik heb in Engelse boeken nooit een voetnootcijfer voor een leesteken zien staan, ook niet indien de noot sloeg op de zin. Op de Engelse wiki zie ik het soms wel anders, maar ja, daar kan iedereen op kliederen, of hij nu in Nederland of Pakistan woont. Overigens vind ik een voetnootcijfer voor het leesteken ook foeilelijk, omdat een enorme afstand ontstaat tussen woord en leesteken, vooral op een computerscherm. In een boek kan je het cijfer tenminste nog heel klein afdrukken, met weinig wit eromheen, waardoor het niet zo storend is. Kortom, een leesteken behoort in mijn beleving gewoon aan het woord vastgeplakt te zijn, maar wie ben ik? Heel aardig dat je reageerde. Vr.gr., --ErikvanB (talk) 04:36, 22 February 2010 (UTC)
Hi man, why is it that u constantly erase the cctuning.com.ar link I ever write on my town's page across Wikipedia? It is not spam, coz it is NOT a company or a firm, it is just a site where people from Monteros or Tucumán can check out recent events of Tuning car and bikes shows in this province. For instance, Monterosnet.com.ar is also linked across different Wikipedia pages on Monteros, and it is a site where there is some interesting info about the town as well. Besides, Monteros page in Portuguese on Wikipedia has been a contribution made by myself, translating and correcting some info from the Monteros page in Spanish. So, i would hopefully like that I be not acussed of spamming coz it is not the point. My greatest regards. (thetucu) —Preceding unsigned comment added by Thetucu (talk • contribs) 13:16, 28 April 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Thetucu. First of all, please don't take it personally when I remove your links. Secondly, I really appreciate your contributions to Wikipedia. But as you probably know, Wikipedia is a common target for spammers wishing to promote products or websites. I believe a website about car and bike shows has little to do with a general article about Monteros. Your additions looked suspicious, especially because they were cross-wiki contributions. Also, your edits seem to come from different IP addresses. This is why I have reverted your edits and why other people have done the same thing on at least seven occasions. The following table shows the links to cctuning you appear to have added:
|Links to cctuning.com.ar on Monteros March-April 2010|
|Wiki||Time / Date||Added by||Removed by||Reason|
|de||03:25, 29 March 2010||22.214.171.124||ErikvanB|
|08:06, 29 March 2010||Thetucu||Finnrind|
|08:50, 5 April 2010||126.96.36.199||Artep66|
|05:23, 11 April 2010||188.8.131.52||Invisigoth67||Link bietet keine weiterführenden lexikographischen Informationen
(Link does not provide any further lexicographical information)
|21:36, 11 April 2010||Thetucu||Artep66||Was soll der ständige verweis auf eine autotuning-firma hier?
(What is the link to an autotuning firm doing here all the time?)
|09:28, 18 April 2010||Thetucu||ErikvanB|
|23:14, 24 April 2010||Thetucu||Artep66|
|Capaci34 protected Monteros from editing because of Einfügung unerwünschter Weblinks (Undesirable addition of links)|
|en||03:30, 4 April 2010||Thetucu||ErikvanB|
|07:18, 18 April 2010||Thetucu||ErikvanB|
|21:08, 24 April 2010||Thetucu||ErikvanB|
|es||01:15, 29 March 2010||184.108.40.206||ErikvanB|
|06:03, 29 March 2010||Thetucu||ErikvanB|
|03:21, 4 April 2010||Thetucu||ErikvanB|
|21:12, 24 April 2010||Thetucu||—|
|it||03:27, 29 March 2010||220.127.116.11||ErikvanB|
|08:53, 5 April 2010||18.104.22.168||ErikvanB|
|ne||01:36, 29 March 2010||22.214.171.124||ErikvanB|
|pl||03:39, 29 March 2010||126.96.36.199||ErikvanB|
|09:06, 5 April 2010||188.8.131.52||Lukasz Lukomski|
|05:27, 11 April 2010||184.108.40.206||ErikvanB|
|09:38, 18 April 2010||Thetucu||Refycul|
|23:20, 24 April 2010||Thetucu||ErikvanB|
|pt||04:57, 29 March 2010||Thetucu||ErikvanB|
|03:18, 4 April 2010||Thetucu||ErikvanB|
|07:23, 18 April 2010||Thetucu||ErikvanB|
A full report about the cross-wiki placing of this link is here:
I do not normally revert edits more than three times. After that I usually leave it to others to decide what should happen.
Dear Erik. Please check the new version link. There should be no problem with the last version - it has no commercial value and is dedicated to the history of surfing. We live at Piha and we are the part of its community which is about surfing, surfing and surfing. We are sorry for the wrong links on the DKand DE pages. If you allow our history links there we will do Piha page on Wiki in other languages. Regards Phil. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 09:04, 3 January 2012 (UTC)
- Well, I'm afraid the link has been removed again, but not by me this time. Anyway, thank you for your explanation. Regards, --ErikvanB (talk) 15:52, 3 January 2012 (UTC)
- I've started a discussion of the link at Talk:Piha. Please contribute there.-gadfium 20:04, 3 January 2012 (UTC)
Dear Erik. my name is Claudia Zimerman, I'm Mr. Zimerman's daughter. He used to have an official wikipedia page made for him by the polish government. This page has mysteriously disappeared and has been replaced by a kind of fan page. There are major errors in his biography, like his birthdate, etc. Apparently Mr. Zimerman does not have the "status" to correct these kinds of mistakes on his own page. I have tried to do it in his place on the 15th of january, but you have undone my editing. Why? We would appreaciate it if you could at least let us replace the very bad snapshot of uncertain origin with his official photograph (from an official photo shooting, taken by "Kasskara", also known as Mat Hennek) which I uploaded and to which he has the rights and can dispose as he wishes. May I ask you to re-establish the changes I have made on the 15 january, or remove the snapshot, please? In the future, how can I do these changes myself? Thank you for your help. My email is claudia.zimermangmail.com --Dechantrelier —Preceding undated comment added 19:51, 25 January 2012 (UTC).
- Dear Dechantrelier/Claudia, I have not undone your editing, except for the photograph, which appeared to be a copyright violation and has been removed from Commons (not by me personally, though). I cannot remember exactly what was wrong with the copyright license, but as you undoubtedly know, a license on Wikimedia Commons must meet certain conditions and can only be granted by the copyright holder. (See Commons:Licensing.) Unfortunately I cannot put the picture back, but you can upload it again or upload another one, as long as you make sure it has the proper license. As for the errors in the biography, I can't see any reason why you — or Mr. Zimerman for that matter — couldn't correct them yourself. But I advise you to fill in the edit summary when you do (providing a reliable source if you can), so that other editors will be less inclined to revert your edit. Kind regards, --ErikvanB (talk) 06:39, 27 January 2012 (UTC)
Hi. When you recently edited You're My World, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Joe Harris (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
- Hi. I think the interwiki's are OK, but I have added the Spanish interwiki: here. --ErikvanB (talk) 18:01, 13 September 2012 (UTC)
- Not. The correct one should be "Bollo", only "Bollo", not "de maiz". (That is another thing.) Thanks all the same.--E4024 (talk) 18:04, 13 September 2012 (UTC)
- OK. The Turkish and Spanish website don't have the article then, I think. --ErikvanB (talk) 18:06, 13 September 2012 (UTC)
- Not. The correct one should be "Bollo", only "Bollo", not "de maiz". (That is another thing.) Thanks all the same.--E4024 (talk) 18:04, 13 September 2012 (UTC)
Remotion of References
- No, YOU stop your unwanted cross-wiki behaviour! This image is inappropriate for an encyclopedia. That's why it's continuously being removed by everyone. Thank you. --ErikvanB (talk) 18:21, 18 November 2012 (UTC)
- The policy is Uploading shock images, inappropriately placing explicit images on pages, or simply using any image in a way that is disruptive. and I haven't violated it noway! And also I believed that contribute to different wikis isn't a wiki-crime, nay it was a good way to help Wikipedia and Wikimedia! Odontocrate (talk) 21:15, 18 November 2012 (UTC)
- So I haven't violated any Wikipedia policy, but you don't like that image and you think that your style opinion justifies the brutal all-wiki cancellation of it. You have a bad cross-wiki behaviour, not me! Odontocrate (talk) 20:04, 19 November 2012 (UTC)
Stop deleting the external picture of the Saurer F006, you can delet it when a picture of the F006 is on wikicomons. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2A02:1205:5014:B210:9594:6BA2:692A:4F8B (talk) 18:25, 15 April 2013 (UTC)
- Got the message but I don't agree - nor does anyone else. ErikvanB (talk) 18:30, 15 April 2013 (UTC)
This picture shows a seldom exemplar of the SaurerF006, and as long as no picture of it is on wikipedia this is the best solution . Stop censor pictures! — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2A02:1205:5014:B210:9594:6BA2:692A:4F8B (talk) 18:38, 15 April 2013 (UTC)
Inventaris of the netheland Wikipedia Swiss Air Force page has wrong figures
The list has errors, it says 44 activ F-5 bit this is wrong check out the official page of the Swiss Air Force 42 F-5E  are activ and 12 F-5F  so if listet not in subtypes E & F there are 54 F-5 Activ. Also the number of F/A-18 is wrong its not 33 , with the fatal crash of F/A-18D J-5237 last year 32 F/A-18 are activ "Anzahl Flugzeuge noch im Einsatz: 32 (Bestand im November 2013)" see here:. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 14:04, 11 February 2014 (UTC)
Als je een pagina wilt nomineren voor verwijdering, dan moet je Twinkle activeren in je voorkeuren (bij uitbreidingen) en dan in het TW menu kiezen voor XFD. Dan krijg je een wizard die je helpt bij het nomineren. (Dan hoef je niet net als op NL tig pagina's zelf in te vullen.) This is me (mbch331) (Questions/Remarks/Complaints etc.) 20:01, 23 September 2015 (UTC)
- Reuzebedankt, Mbch331. Ik was al bezig een heel telefoonboek door te lezen om te zien hoe ik dit handmatig moest doen. Groet, ErikvanB (talk) 20:02, 23 September 2015 (UTC)
Hi Erikvan B,
You have been nominated to receive a free t-shirt from the Wikimedia Foundation through our Merchandise Giveaway program. Congratulations and thank you for your hard work! Please email us at merchandisewikimedia.org and we will send you full details on how to accept your free shirt.
Hello. I'd like to ask You one question: why did you delete all links I added? You think I'm a spamer? Why you don't delete my account in this case? At the first: You've seen my account as a part of spam ring which You wrote (cross-wiki spam accounts: Marekstubnyak, Juriy12, Condor4321, Piotrzalesski, Lot6543, Despa123, Itali55, Italia543, Marsuaza, Hanzon24, Taika81, Freeeire(????))? I know nothing about another users, but OK - You can think all that You want, only answer me please - why I cleaned more than 30 airport's pages in Wiki from 404-error's links? At the second - I had more than 30 flights in this year, I saw 20 airports in various countries and I know something about airports. And I saw You delete Official Airports Links and links which really help travellers to find airports and to see arrival's and departure's schedules. Let's see: You have deleted here link to the Official website of Portugal Airports (ana.pt), here You "have killed" flightstats, here and some another places - laty.biz. I can say something about the last website in the list: as for me, website laty.biz is very interesting, because it provides the schedules of the biggest european airports and I'll use it anyway. You think somebody spammed this website's links in Wiki - no problem, but I don't understand why You deleted ana.pt and flightstats.com??? I wouldn't be an editor after that. I don't think you will get back this link, but I ask You to think about the men who spent time for edition and developing Wiki before next time You will delete something. I ask You to delete my account, because I don't see any reason why I need to waste my time for the work which nobody see. Best regards. Freeeire (talk) 14:55, 31 October 2015 (UTC)
- Hello Freeeire. Thank you for your message. Earlier this month we noticed that some users were spamming on the Dutch Wikipedia (especially weather websites and a .biz website). When we took a closer look, it turned out that they were also spamming on other Wikipedias. This led to an investigation into these accounts, which might all belong to the same individual. He or she used names such as Condor4321, Itali55 and Italia543, but also many other names. You can find the investigation here on the Dutch Wikipedia (unfortunately the text is written in Dutch). During the investigation, your name also came up as a potentially suspicious account. I added, however, that I wasn't sure about Freeeire.
- As part of the investigation probably hundreds of links on various wikis were removed. Among them were some links that you had added. It's possible that a few links were removed although this wasn't really necessary. These things happen. I apologise if you are not part of the group and have become the victim of these spammers. The result of the investigation was that we (the Dutch Wikipedia) informed the global stewards about our findings in the hope that they would pick the matter up. Looking into the case again, this does not appear to have happened, because none of the accounts seem to be globally locked. I will inform the Dutch administrator who was involved in the investigation about this, and also mention your name to her.
- So, I hope you can now understand what happened. I apologise again if you have become the victim of people you have nothing to do with. Best regards, ErikvanB (talk) 17:22, 31 October 2015 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 14:08, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
Why you are deleting the photos of Melamadai
Please stop your abrupt removing of photos in Melamadai article, the pictures are added to give more clarity and more information about the locality.
- Hi NEETHIARASU ARUNACHALAM. The way you do it is wrong. You should not use "thumb" inside an infobox. ErikvanB (talk) 03:08, 4 December 2015 (UTC)
- Many thanks for looking into it. (I'm an editor on nlwiki.) ErikvanB (talk) 16:04, 16 March 2016 (UTC)
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
Hello! Could you please help us improve https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fran_Villalba_(Entrepreneur) ? What do you think it lacks of so that we can work on it? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 22:55, 26 December 2016 (UTC)
- Maybe it is OK, but please let an administrator look at it. ErikvanB (talk) 22:58, 26 December 2016 (UTC)
- Sure! :) Do we just need to leave the notice and an admin will give it a look? Could the admin not delete it straight away if it doesn't meet with some criteria but let us know how to improve this article instead? We've put a lot of effort and waited the right time to get it right. If there's anything we can do beforehand to improve the article, do please let me know — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 23:01, 26 December 2016 (UTC)
- The worst that can happen is that the article is put on a list so that everybody can form an opinion. If Fran Villalba deserves a place in Wikipedia, then the article will be kept. Good luck! ErikvanB (talk) 23:05, 26 December 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you for your comment on Talk:Fran Villalba (Entrepreneur). -- ErikvanB (talk) 23:07, 26 December 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks a lot! Just seen the note you left to the admins so that they can also check the talk page before making any decision. Feel free to drop by Talk:Fran Villalba (Entrepreneur) once the admins take a look at it too!! Thanks again for everything, honestly — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 23:10, 26 December 2016 (UTC)