User talk:False Prophet/Archives/2006/July
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
- 1 Minnesota Baseball
- 2 Polisario Front
- 3 regarding User:18.104.22.168
- 4 Moved from your user page
- 5 Minnesota Sports
- 6 You helped choose this week's WP:AID winner
- 7 Novels WikiProject Newsletter July 2006
- 8 Attck at
- 9 I disagree to your assumption with the Bears article
- 10 Petition
- 11 Thanks!
- 12 show/hide problems
- 13 Wikipedia:WikiProject Military history Coordinator Elections!
I'm not trying to get into any sort of article dispute here. I simply was reverting an edit that I recognized as clearly NPOV. I have no opinions regarding this article. In fact, I don't even fully understand the issue. I was only here reverting something NPOV, and am not trying to participate in any argument. (Note: This was also posted on the article's talkpage for the sake of posterity, but I figure this is more of a note to you than a note to the dispute.) Mo0[talk] 01:34, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
My block of this user was not for his/her comments on the article or talk page of Polisario Front. Instead I blocked this user because of the following edits userpage vandalism   . But what made me block them was the fact that this user made a threat in an edit . My block would not have been so long, if not for the numerous previous blocks before mine. This user needs to learn a lot about editing on wikipedia. -- malo (tlk) (cntrbtns) 02:01, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
Moved from your user page
User talk:22.214.171.124 From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search
False Prophet: Do not revert others changes with your misperception of vandalism. I put together the Eagle Heraldry page from scratch and edited the poor alterations later inserted by the others. I will try again. Examine changes carefully next time. Do not change unless what you do is meaningful. Thanks.
Thank you for experimenting with the page Eagle (heraldry) on Wikipedia. Your test worked, and has been reverted or removed. Please use the sandbox for any other tests you want to do. Take a look at the welcome page if you would like to learn more about contributing to our encyclopedia. False Prophet 03:17, 4 July 2006 (UTC) This is the discussion page for an anonymous user, identified by the user's numerical IP address. Some IP addresses change periodically, and may be shared by several users. If you are an anonymous user and feel that irrelevant comments have been directed at you, please create an account or log in to avoid future confusion with other anonymous users. If you're concerned with privacy, registering also hides your IP address. [RIR WHOIS lookup: America — Europe — Africa — Asia-Pacific — Latin America/Caribbean]
If you are trying to add sports info about the state of Minnesota, the biggest news ever is probably Lindsay Whalen. She practically turned the Golden Gopher program around single handedly and shattered every record. She is a minnesota basketball icon, IMHO even bigger than Kevin Garnett. Starze 01:43, 9 July 2006 (UTC)
- I'd be glad to help with the outstate college teams, just let me know when the project starts to take shape, and if their is a specific format for information that you would like to me to follow (Nice to see another Gophers fan as well!) --Colslax 22:46, 10 July 2006 (UTC)
You helped choose this week's WP:AID winner
- Davodd 05:45, 4 July 2006 (UTC)
Novels WikiProject Newsletter July 2006
Here is the new edition of our monthly newsletter.
Novels WikiProject Newsletter
Issue II - July 2006
Welcome to the second issue of the Novels WikiProject's newsletter! Use this newsletter as a mechanism to inform yourselves about progress at the project and please be inspired to take more active roles in what we do.
Particularly as this is only the second issue; any comments and suggestions are quite welcome, and will help us improve the newsletter in the coming months.
He hit the Dunkin' Donuts article of all places, a user tagged him as WOW. I rasied the Defcon as a precaution, Just in case these was more. Seems to have settled down now. Aeon Insane Ward 02:47, 12 July 2006 (UTC)
I disagree to your assumption with the Bears article
If these sections are not necessary in the article then the Arsenal F.C. article should be removed from the featured articles list because it has a section involving Arsenal in popular culture. The history section is not as descriptive as the Patroits history because the Bears franchise history is twice as long, and that is why there is a separate daughter article detailing the Bears franchise history. The history section is just a summary. Thanks for reading this --Happyman22 02:36, 20 July 2006 (UTC)
- I kind of see what people are trying to point out, but is the question calling for the merging of ownership, uniforms and logos into the history section the only obstacle preventing this article from achieving featured status? --Happyman22 03:29, 20 July 2006 (UTC)
- I have merged the ownership section into the history section and I am about to expand and divide the history section. I see what you are saying and I will probably get rid of or merge the Honey Bears into the history section. --Happyman22 19:03, 20 July 2006 (UTC)
I agree somewhat. I won't sign it because I don't know if it's anti-wiki. Or, I don't know if anti-wiki is bad. Your petition is trying to address broader issues. My comment is not that it's antiwiki but that it seems like a shoddy method and more convoluted. Something like this needs a long discussion and at least in the short term no stable version should be the first thing people see... unless there is a system. So, I don't want to sign it because I don't agree with it all. I was curious if you would ever support a system that let people choose which version they see as the main version. gren グレン 06:39, 22 July 2006 (UTC)
But you need to take out the petition link in your signature. I had it in mine and Cyde told me to remove it because editors (such as Karmafist) have been blocked for that. GangstaEB (sliding logs~dive logs) 11:53, 22 July 2006 (UTC)
Essjay asked me to take a look at your show/hide problem on your user page. I believe I have fixed it. The transcluded items have to have some blank space and they also seem to be order dependent. You had membership twice so I removed one copy. I reorged membership and put the userbox for the Fascism project on instead of the link, hope that's OK. I also added some blank lines to the music subpage. I thinhk it's fixed now. Good luck. ++Lar: t/c 03:44, 23 July 2006 (UTC) (refactored to keep threads together)
- Thanks for fixing some of it, but the Affiliations section and the babel section still dont work right. Wikipedia's False Prophet holla at me Improve Me 03:51, 23 July 2006 (UTC)
- I didn't fix those, I just fixed the first broken one I spotted. Hopefully you can do a diff on the two transcluded sections I changed and try the same changes yourself and be all sorted, once you see what it was I did (and why). Good luck. I'll watch this page for a while to see your replies. ++Lar: t/c 03:55, 23 July 2006 (UTC)
Wikipedia:WikiProject Military history Coordinator Elections!
The Military history WikiProject coordinator selection process is starting. We are looking to elect seven coordinators to serve for the next six months; if you are interested in running, please sign up here by August 11!
This is an automated delivery by grafikbot - 18:35, 26 July 2006 (UTC)