|27 February 2017|
- 1 Mack B. Pearsall WP
- 2 Your accusations of maleficent editing are outrageous! I absolutely stand by the right to upload information concerning my company to Wikipedia, as several other companies, of comparable, or lesser stature have prominent articles.
- 3 Syed Chand Patel
- 4 New Page Review - newsletter No.2
- 5 New Page Review-Patrolling: Coordinator elections
- 6 New Page Review - newsletter No.3
- 7 Thank you!
- 8 About becoming an administrator
- 9 Surprises!
- 10 Probable sock at WP:REFUND
- 11 Please remember to add noticeboard tickets to talk pages
- 12 New Page Review - Newsletter No.4
Mack B. Pearsall WP
- @ITCORPS: I had merely noticed that the template for your undeletion request was broken, and I fixed it along with some other maintenance to other entries on that page. I made no comment regarding the page itself and I have no opinion--I was merely conducting cleanup for the sake of clarity. --Finngall talk 23:31, 12 January 2017 (UTC)
Your accusations of maleficent editing are outrageous! I absolutely stand by the right to upload information concerning my company to Wikipedia, as several other companies, of comparable, or lesser stature have prominent articles.
As per subject. You have lack of grounds to both nominate the article I created for deletion, and no grounds to remove mention of my product on a competitors page.
In no way do I hide from the fact that I am posting the article concerning my own company, but I found it outrageous that an important page with information about a limited company that people are searching for can be hidden. If you insist on deleting relevant information from wikipedia, then surely you must delete other articles of lesser companies.
Syed Chand Patel
I agree. I would have tagged it for BLPPROD except that it was already tagged for AFD, and tagging an article that is already tagged in a different way can't be done with Twinkle (which aborts the deletion tag) and so has to be done manually, which is work, and, besides, both get rid of the crud after seven days. The tone is enough so that I even considered G11, but go ahead and let the AFD run. Robert McClenon (talk) 15:54, 4 February 2017 (UTC)
New Page Review-Patrolling: Coordinator elections
Your last chance to nominate yourself or any New Page Reviewer, See Wikipedia talk:New pages patrol/Coordination. Elections begin Monday 20 February 23:59 UTC. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 08:17, 19 February 2017 (UTC)
About becoming an administrator
Thank you for your contributions to Wikipedia so far; they are very much appreciated. Your experience and tenure have been an asset to the project.
Have you ever thought of becoming an administrator? It can be enjoyable, challenging, and a great way to help Wikipedia.
To receive feedback on your chances of successfully requesting administrative privileges, consider starting a poll:
- @FilmandTVFan28: Reversion of obvious vandalism, and reversion of socks of blocked/banned users (like our old friend the Teenage Fairytale Dropouts vandal), is explicitly exempt from the restrictions of WP:3RR. No need to worry about running afoul of the rules in this case. Thanks for the help. --Finngall talk 21:25, 25 April 2017 (UTC)
Probable sock at WP:REFUND
While you were making that report I was thinking about making a report myself and was in the midst of looking through the history of the deleted articles, the AfDs, etc. and the two sockpuppet investigations to see if I could find any smoking gun evidence. (In any event, I don't for a second believe this is a "new user".) But my suspicion was that this was a sock of AwardPunjabi or Amitbhb12, or maybe both—with the fact that both were used here making me suspicious that these two sockmasters are actually one and the same, though up to now treated separately. I was not aware of the Joanna Gunadi case. Glad something's been posted on this. Thanks. By the way, note another suspicious "coincidence" in these posts. Best regards.--Fuhghettaboutit (talk) 23:34, 28 April 2017 (UTC)
- @Fuhghettaboutit:) Details aside, they're obviously somebody's sock--I'll leave the rest to the pros. --Finngall talk 01:13, 29 April 2017 (UTC)
Please remember to add noticeboard tickets to talk pages
I happened to see your mention of Nehru College of Engineering and Research Centre on WP:NPOVN and added it to Talk:Nehru College of Engineering and Research Centre. Please add such discussion to the article's talk page to avoid duplication of effort.
- @Jim1138: So noted. Thank you for looking into this. --Finngall talk 21:12, 18 May 2017 (UTC)