- 1 Pokémanics anonymous
- 2 Welcome to the PCP!
- 3 Re:User page
- 4 Userpage Renovation
- 5 Happy Holidays!
- 6 Those of _____’s
- 7 user page
- 8 ur own images...
- 9 Lumineon
- 10 Edit warring
- 11 Re: Barnstars
- 12 Please Help!!!
- 13 Thanks
- 14 Barnstar!
- 15 Regarding your vandalism of Davey Havok
- 16 Thanks :)
- 17 WP:POKE is doing some housecleaning
- 18 Wikipedia:WikiProject Pokémon
- 19 ArbCom elections are now open!
If you are interested in Pokémon articles, you may like to join the Pokémon Collaborative Project, a group of editors who work together to improve Pokémon articles. You can help with our current collaborations and find out more information on editing articles, as well as discuss Pokémon-related information. We hope to see you there! Highway Daytrippers 17:27, 17 September 2006 (UTC)
Welcome to the PCP!
Thanks for joining the Pokémon Collaborative Project! We hope you have a great time editing Pokémon articles. If you have any questions about the articles, style, content, or simply what our favourite Pokémon are (our opinions vary, trust us!), leave a message on the project talk page. Cheers, and happy editing! Highway Daytrippers 13:24, 18 September 2006 (UTC)
Well, I know about Wikipedia:WikiProject User Page Help/Trading Spaces, a former Esperanza project that renovates user pages, which is where I got my lovely page done. Enjoy, and happy editing, Highway Grammar Enforcer! 20:44, 13 October 2006 (UTC)
- Hey there, I went about putting a bit of a template on your user page. Hopefully that will help you get started with the information you want to put there. If you have any questions, let me know. :) --Brad Beattie (talk) 04:56, 13 November 2006 (UTC)
I saw your interest in having your userpage redone. If you would like me to redo the page, simply leave a message on my usertalk and I'll get working on it! Regards, lovelaughterlife♥talk? 03:47, 27 November 2006 (UTC)\
- Oh, great! Are there any specific themes/colours that you wanted on your page? Any information (barnstars, contributions, etc.) that you want to put on your page? --lovelaughterlife♥talk? 11:04, 29 November 2006 (UTC)
- Haha, you're welcome! I just hope you like it.. and while doing your userpage renovation, I decided to give my own userpage a very much needed renovation as well. The format looks strangely similar... ;) -- 01:30, 22 December 2006 (UTC)
lovelaughterlife♥talk? 01:33, 21 December 2006 (UTC)
Those of _____’s
About this edit... note where you say “Its legs are like those of Roselia's as well”. NO. To make the Roselia possessive, say “like those of [a] Roselia”, or, preferably just “like Roselia’s”. Saying “like that/those of _______’s” is redundant. In other words: WRONGVERYBADDON’TDOIT. EVER. This particular grammatical atrocity pervades the Pokémon articles. I am NOT blaming you for its prevalence, but in the article in question it was easy to find the perpetrator. I beseech you, strike this hideous anomaly from your composition. If you see it anywhere, wrought by yourself or another, eliminate it. And if it springs from another’s hand, please pass along this lecture, that we may eradicate this horror for all time. --WikidSmaht (talk) 07:39, 28 February 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, hello. Regarding your add to my talk page, I would gladly have changed that grammatical error much earlier had someone mentioned it. I thank you for that, yet I am shocked by your sharp-tongued and slighlty - scratch that - downright rude method of expressing your reason. Perpetrator? You make it sound as though an accidental error in my grammar were a horrendous crime! Surely, you are not perfect; of course, neither am I. If it bothered you so to this degree, then say something, but say it kindly. Still, I will do my best as a Wikipedian to do all I can to make the Pokémon articles the best they can be. Good day. --Floramage! on WikidSmaht’s talk page 16:02, 28 February 2007 (UTC)
- Hm-hm! Seems I missed the mark on that one, eh? I apologize for my attitude; not very Kind Campaign of me, was it? Well, anyways, thank you for correcting me, and good day. --Floramage! on WikidSmaht’s talk page 19:31, 28 February 2007 (UTC)
Um, what the fuck are you talking about in this edit? It is NOT fine, “that/those of (a) ______’s” is redundant. Saying “those of ______” already makes the noun( which I have left blank in this case) possessive. Adding the apostrophe and letter s, then, is unnecessary, and, more to the point, completely wrong. To be explicit:
- “like those of a Roselia’s” WRONG
- “like those of Roselia’s” WRONG
- “like those of Roselia” OK, but awkward
- “like those of a Roselia” acceptable, but not what I would use in that case
- “like a Roselia’s” RIGHT, though perhaps not fitting in that context
- “like Roselia’s” RIGHT
- Any need to be such an asshole about it?—ウルタプ on WikidSmaht’s talk page 02:10, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
- Um, I really don’t see what was uncivil, and I am sorry you took umbrage at what I said. I attempted to be clear and concise. I was not rude, insulting, or condescending. Perhaps it is a difference in perception... Note that I did not, and would not swear at you or call you names... I do not consider swearing just for emphasis to be uncivil, and therefore make no effort to censor myself. No offense was intended by my use of the word “fuck”. --WikidSmaht (talk) 04:20, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
- Hey, Urutapu, is this guy for real? I truly believe that the edit in question is perfectly fine! Do you agree with me? I'm all for correct usage of grammar, but I am very sure that this is correct! Also, do you know how someone can earn a "barnstar"? Floramage! on Urutapu’s talk page 03:03, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
- It's kind of ridiculous just how he had to fly off the handle over two characters.
And you just have to..make good edits to get stars, I guess. I got my Pokémon one for what I can only assume is fixing all the grammar, spelling and terminology corrections no one really cares to do.—ウルタプ 03:12, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
- It's kind of ridiculous just how he had to fly off the handle over two characters.
ARRRRGH You guys are really trying my patience on this issue. OK, let me attempt another way of explaining it. Please do not mistake this as condescending, I am merely trying to teach, and in this case attempting to be as clear as possible since I utterly failed to convey the lesson in my previous comments.
Let us examine the sentence “Its legs are like those of Roselia’s.”. This sentence contains several ambiguities - all of which are perfectly acceptable in English, but for clarity in this lesson, it is best to eliminate them. We will begin by replacing pronouns with the nouns they represent, specifically: the posessive pronoun “Its” is standing in for “Roserade’s”, and the pronoun “those” is standing in for “the legs”.
So, making those changes, the sentence becomes “Roserade’s legs are like the legs of Roselia’s.”. Roselia’s what? Because it is implied, it is not necessary to spell it out when writing, but, again, for the purpose of this lesson, it is better to be explicit. So, “Roselia’s” becomes “Roselia’s legs.”
And there we have it. When you fully spell out all the abbreviated and omitted elements, “Its legs are like those of Roselia’s.” actually means “Roserade’s legs are like the legs of Roselia’s legs.”. As you can see, this is incorrect, because you are trying to make a comparison to the legs of a Roselia, not to its legs’ legs, and, in fact, the legs of a Roselia do not have legs of their own.
Applying the same rules to the correct versions, we can say “Its legs are like those of Roselia.”, which would mean “Roserade’s legs are like the legs of Roselia.”, or we can say “Its legs are like Roselia’s.” which would mean “Roserade’s legs are like Roselia’s legs.”. But we can NOT combine the two, as that results in redundancy, and a fallacy as well.
P.S.: I know my punctuation is non-standard, that is conscious and intentional. Note that I only use my personal punctuation rules on talk pages, in articles I use standard punctuation. If I do use non-standard punctuation in an article, it is usually a typo, so you should feel free to correct it. --WikidSmaht (talk)
Hi, sorry that i had to remove your picture of Image:Gardevoir.png from your user page, but the criteria for legal usage of fair-use images, prohibits them being used outside of the main article space. I realize that you prolly weren't the one who put it in there, since you had someone else do it for you, so this is just a friendly note :D Hope to see you in the discussions at the project or on the edit histories. -ΖαππερΝαππερ BabelAlexandria 23:17, 4 March 2007 (UTC)
ur own images...
well, that's a tricky subject. You see, it's fine to upload images only so long as they are used for something that contributes to the encyclopedia. However that could include images that get used for barnstars, userboxes, and templates - not just articles themselves. If you're going to upload an image, just click on thelink at the left which says Upload file. And follow the directions for releasing it under a free liscense. Now the thing about fan art (of say, Gardevoir) is why it gets so tricky. Corporations have no problem with fans making their own drawings of their characters, so long as they don't attempt to make any commerical gains off of it - this counteracts the free license which you would be required to release your drawing. The only other alternatative is a fair-use image, but then there's no reason for you to upload it in the first place because it becomes redundant to the Gardevoir image we already have. I hope that clears it up for you :) -ΖαππερΝαππερ BabelAlexandria 01:11, 7 March 2007 (UTC)
I didn't use Serebii,net, I used bulbapedia--18.104.22.168 21:48, 14 March 2007 (UTC) A s for the ip address, I can't logon where I am right now. Though at least we agree Serebii's awesome.--Tempest115 21:59, 14 March 2007 (UTC)
Please stop. You are edit warring against the entire Pokémon Wikiproject, and Wikipedia is not the place for unconfirmed rumors. If you continue in this way, you will be blocked. - A Man In Bl♟ck (conspire | past ops) 00:10, 16 March 2007 (UTC)
Sorry for the VERY late response; I've been on Wikibreak for a couple of months, trying to get healthier :) During this time, Springeragh posted a response to your question on my talk page. It answers your questions precisely! Here it is:
WP:STAR may help you some. Actually, #s 1 and 3 are rather easy: with #1, all you have to do is keep making good-quality edits to anything. With #3, all you have to do is put up an image of a barnstar on someone's userpage, → usually with a message. #2 is tricky, however. Apart from making your own from an existing design, you need to submit it at Wikipedia:Barnstar and award proposals, where it may or may not get accepted. Hope this helps.— $PЯINGrαgђ 04:33, 6 March 2007 (UTC)
- Why, thank you very much for the barnstar! Although, I think Springeragh is very deserving of an award for answering your question ;) --lovelaughterlife♥talk? 19:20, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
I'd like to know how to get the hearts after your text, I also need some help costomizing my user page.......Gametimegirl***8*** 23:11, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for the help I'll see if I can get lovelaughterlife to do it for me. Gametimegirl***8*** 23:12, 14 May 2007 (UTC)
|The New SVG Barnstar|
|I noticd you have done some great contributions, yet you have no awards! Well, I'll change that. Congradulations on your first Award, and it's an svg, too! Keep up all the great work. Ryan Got something to say? 17:06, 17 May 2007 (UTC)|
Regarding your vandalism of Davey Havok
Disist from defacing his birth name. Read the section on the talkpage which contains a sentence where Havok himself says he was born as "Passaro". - The Daddy 21:51, 23 May 2007 (UTC)
Why, thanks again for the barnstar! It's beautiful :) And I see that you now have one for yourself! Congratulations, and keep working hard! --Lovelaughterlife 18:38, 26 June 2007 (UTC)
This notice is to inform you that because many people have added their names to Wikipedia:WikiProject Pokémon#Participants but do not seem to be active, all names are being deleted in an effort to find out who is still truly interested in the project. All you have to do is re-add your name if you'd still like to be considered a member of WP:POKE. Any questions, you can contact me on my talk page. -ΖαππερΝαππερ BabelAlexandria 17:39, 22 July 2007 (UTC)
The list of participants of the Pokémon WikiProject is quite sizable, however, there is no way to determine which of whom are active contributors to that project. All participants in the list have been moved to Inactive. If you consider yourself to be an active member of the Pokémon WikiProject, please go to Wikipedia:WikiProject Pokémon#Participants and move your username to the Active section. Thank you. Useight (talk) 23:18, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:06, 23 November 2015 (UTC)