User talk:Foobarnix/Archive 4
- 1 January 2012 Newsletter for WikiProject United States and supported projects
- 2 Speedy deletion nomination of Off Square Theatre Company
- 3 Thanks
- 4 Could you please help me with the article Virtuous circle and vicious circle?
- 5 Jean Giradoux et al
- 6 Help with a new theatre article
- 7 Problems with upload of File:Bryant Park, Charlotte.jpg
- 8 Wikipedia Loves Libraries Seattle
- 9 Marc Bamuthi Joseph
- 10 Merge discussion for Marc Bamuthi Joseph
January 2012 Newsletter for WikiProject United States and supported projects
The January 2012 issue of the WikiProject United States newsletter has been published. You may read the newsletter, change the format in which future issues will be delivered to you, or unsubscribe from this notification by following the link. Thank you.
Speedy deletion nomination of Off Square Theatre Company
A tag has been placed on Off Square Theatre Company requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under section A7 of the criteria for speedy deletion, because the article appears to be about a person, organization (band, club, company, etc.) or web content, but it does not indicate how or why the subject is important or significant: that is, why an article about that subject should be included in an encyclopedia. Under the criteria for speedy deletion, such articles may be deleted at any time. Please see the guidelines for what is generally accepted as notable.
If you think that this notice was placed here in error, contest the deletion by clicking on the button labelled "Click here to contest this speedy deletion". Doing so will take you to the talk page where you will find a pre-formatted place for you to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. You can also visit the page's talk page directly to give your reasons, but be aware that once tagged for speedy deletion, if the page meets the criterion, it may be deleted without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag yourself, but don't hesitate to add information to the page that would render it more in conformance with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. If the page is deleted, you can contact one of these administrators to request that the administrator userfy the page or email a copy to you. Best regards, Cind.amuse (Cindy) 06:57, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
Many thanks for your feedback - what a pleasant surprise - best wishes to you on WP.Granitethighs 01:50, 31 January 2012 (UTC)
Could you please help me with the article Virtuous circle and vicious circle?
The article Virtuous circle and vicious circle lacks much needed citations. Could you please locate any for contributions you made to this article? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Benjamin9832 (talk • contribs) 08:09, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- I only made one contribution to this article. I changed the ambiguous link equilibrium to economic equilibrium as part of a Wikipedia-wide project to eliminate ambiguous links. I chose the link which the author seemed to clearly mean. But honestly, the whole article is so full of vagueness and hand waving, I cannot guarantee that I made the correct choice. (This is typical of articles about economics, a field which I find to be about as precise a science as water dowsing.)
- I have no idea where to find citations for this somewhat carelessly written article. Some of the external links should probably be converted to references. Bare links should be reformatted, and so on. Not that interested, frankly.
- BTW, I read the remarks on your home page about inclusionism and eventualism. I could not agree more. It particularly annoys me when some extreme exclusionist throws away a heap of legitimate content in an article about, say, some work of literature, saying that there is an excessive amount out detail. Excessive to whom? If you find the details excessive, don't read the article! Perhaps the deleter is just too stupid to understand what the article is about and should leave it alone. Could there really be too much detail in an article about Shakespeare or quantum physics or dinosaurs or London or DNA? Thoughtless deletionists (there are some thoughtful and considerate ones) have done, and are doing, a lot of damage to Wikipedia.--Foobarnix (talk) 10:42, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- Thanx, Benjamin 08:32, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
Jean Giradoux et al
Hello! It's nice to meet another WP:France member :) Thank you for the kind words and invitation – I'll certainly try to help with Giradoux-related articles. I'm a fan of 20th-c. French drama, particularly Genet and Anouilh, but I haven't yet participated in that area of WP. But naturally I would love to see their articles fleshed out and upgraded, so thank you for the inspiration! I'll try in the coming weeks to make some useful contribution to them. And BTW, I'm proud of you for creating a solid article on Maurice Valency: the great translators are so underappreciated! It's nice to see them acknowledged. SteveStrummer (talk) 03:31, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
- The one Giraudoux play that I would most like to see get cleaned up is The Trojan War Will Not Take Place. First of all, I think the English article should be titled Tiger at the Gates. Secondly, there are a couple of interesting facts in the French Version that could be incorporated. Thirdly, the article contains naked links and generally needs to be Wikified. I had a go at it and gave up. As for Anouilh, take a look at Antigone. Pretty pathetic for such a major play. Now I am starting to feel guilty. For the past year I have had it on my list to finish writing The Enchanted. Do you have any general advice about play plot summaries. I wrote the summaries for Ondine, The Enchanted, and The Madwoman of Chaillot. But I am not now sure if I really like them. As far as Valency goes, his obituary is a teriffic link. And then there are some problems with Ionesco. Whoever wrote the article on The Lesson pretty much misconceived the entire play.
- Another completely underappreciated Giraudoux play that really needs fleshing out is Amphitryon 38. I read it a while back but cannot even find a copy of it at my local library. Do you know of any online resources. One more thing. Here is a link to a poster for a production of Ondine. Unfortunately it is copyrighted. I would love to have more posters in the infoboxes for the various plays.--Foobarnix (talk) 04:46, 22 March 2012 (UTC)
Help with a new theatre article
Hi Foobarnix. I randomly found a comment from you on another talkpage suggesting that you're interested in reviewing pages about theaters. There have been a bunch of edits to Ars Nova (theater) lately, and I'd be much obliged if you could take a look at it and help with the editing process. :-) Thanks in advance. RunnerOnIce (talk) 16:41, 9 October 2012 (UTC)
Problems with upload of File:Bryant Park, Charlotte.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:Bryant Park, Charlotte.jpg. You don't seem to have said where the image came from, who created it, or what the copyright status is. We require this information to verify that the image is legally usable on Wikipedia, and because most image licenses require giving credit to the image's creator.
To add this information, click on this link, then click the "Edit" tab at the top of the page and add the information to the image's description. If you need help, post your question on Wikipedia:Media copyright questions.
For more information on using images, see the following pages:
|Decemmber 8 - Wikipedia Loves Libraries Seattle - You're invited
Marc Bamuthi Joseph
I noticed that you split content from hip-hop theater to create the new article Marc Bamuthi Joseph. However, you also have not added much to the new article to justify splitting it in the first place. I plan on nominating this article for deletion tomorrow if nothing more is added. I just wanted to give you a heads up. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 09:49, 30 December 2012 (UTC)
- I guess I should have been more clear. Before leaving this message on your talk page, I did a Google search myself on Joseph so I was expecting one or two more paragraphs... not one more sentence. The fact that the article is well written and well referenced is not a good reason for its short length considering that most of that writing and those references were not put there by you. Some other editor wrote that into the hip-hop theater article, then you copied it into the new MBJ article. Since the article is still almost an exact duplicate of the content you moved, it seems you split it off just to get an article creation credit added to your account. That's not very noble. If you're not going to develop MBJ's article, what's the point of splitting it?
- When it comes to deletion, it turns out you're in luck. WP:AFD says only registered users can nominate an article for deletion (I probably should have checked that). Since I'm just an IP, I can't nominate it for deletion, so instead I have suggested that it be merged back to the larger hip-hop theater article. Sorry about the extra message below, but WP:MERGE says I'm suppose to leave this standard notification on your talk page. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 04:38, 31 December 2012 (UTC)
Merge discussion for Marc Bamuthi Joseph
An article that you have been involved in editing, Marc Bamuthi Joseph, has been proposed for a merge with another article. If you are interested in the merge discussion, please participate by going here, and adding your comments on the discussion page. Thank you. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 04:38, 31 December 2012 (UTC)