- Talk page for Fylbecatulous ~ enchantment
welcoming and cautioning
Thank you, free human speaking Lolcat, guardian of treasures; protector from evil, witchcraft and secret slander. for welcoming, cautioning, adding project templates, fixing, for dummy edits and thoughtful images - you are an awesome Wikipedian!
--Gerda Arendt (talk) 08:00, 7 August 2014 (UTC)
A year ago, you were the 939th recipient of my PumpkinSky Prize, --Gerda Arendt (talk) 07:29, 7 August 2015 (UTC)
gift from Ritchie333 with note for Pink cat article
- Gerda, thank you again for noticing me and bestowing me with this awesome jewel. ツ A year has passed and much has changed, but we are still here ... Kind wishes, Fylbecatulous talk 13:31, 7 August 2015 (UTC)
- We are still here and even I have a kitten on my talk now, --Gerda Arendt (talk) 20:18, 29 September 2015 (UTC)
Gerda, I am so happy to have you visit my page ツ Your precious adoptee, Ala, is one kitten with attitude! What an interesting talk page your kitten links through to. I now have Opabinia regalis's talk page on my watchlist. The gallery of lolcats and the "cat politics" are hilarious. Many days I guess I would cry if it weren't for my Wikipedia cats. Happy editing, Gerda. Fylbecatulous talk 20:41, 29 September 2015 (UTC)
- Did someone post catnip?? ;) Opabinia regalis (talk) 22:17, 29 September 2015 (UTC)
ツ — Fylbecatulous talk 12:43, 30 September 2015 (UTC)
||Mew mew purrrr mew purrr meow.
Two years ago, you were recipient no. 939 of Precious, a prize of QAI! --Gerda Arendt (talk) 07:27, 7 August 2016 (UTC)
Gerda, thanks and another year...bestow pink kittens for moment of silence...
Reference errors on 15 February
Hello, I'm ReferenceBot. I have automatically detected that an edit performed by you may have introduced errors in referencing. It is as follows:
Please check this page and fix the errors highlighted. If you think this is a false positive, you can report it to my operator. Thanks, ReferenceBot (talk) 00:18, 16 February 2016 (UTC)
- Hello, ReferenceBot. you are about as incomprehensible as BracketBot. This was someone else's ball of yarn to untangle and thankfully the creating editor has done so; If I was not so fond of getting dutiful visits from DPL bot I would just deny you all. I shall make sure I do not leave any further tracked litter paw prints around for you to have to pay me a visit. Meow? meow! Fylbecatulous talk 21:15, 16 February 2016 (UTC)
Ping (part two) and catnapped feline
If you're going to put unnecessary cats on a talk page, make one that's nice to look at.
(catnapped from Ritchie333 who placed on Pdebee's talk page in a discussion about "ping"...)
Lookie, lookie! This is the picture of the day on commons for 8 Feb 2016! I hope you like having her here on your talk page! :) Etamni | ✉ | ✓
09:14, 8 February 2016 (UTC)
Disambiguation link notification for April 30
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Glass Moon, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Debut album (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
It's OK to remove this message. Also, to stop receiving these messages, follow these opt-out instructions. Thanks, DPL bot (talk) 12:05, 30 April 2016 (UTC)
- DPL bot, hi. All repaired, faithful one. I knew I would see you soon. ツ Fylbecatulous talk 13:58, 30 April 2016 (UTC)
The Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation has appointed a committee to lead the search for the foundation’s next Executive Director. One of our first tasks is to write the job description of the executive director position, and we are asking for input from the Wikimedia community. Please take a few minutes and complete this survey to help us better understand community and staff expectations for the Wikimedia Foundation Executive Director.
Thank you, The Wikimedia Foundation Executive Director Search Steering Committee via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 21:48, 1 June 2016 (UTC)
... this cat is alarmed ...
Austin band playing Raleigh
Hey Fylbecatulous, we haven't spoken in awhile & hope all is well. Wanted to let you know about a very popular Austin band I love - Mingo Fishtrap, that is playing tomorrow (7/28) at The Southland Ballroom. I think you might like them. They're part of the Austin Soul/R&B circle of bands. They have lots of common fans & members sometimes fill in for each others group i.e. their Keyboard Player fills in occasionally for The Nightowls. Sorry for short notice, let me know if you go & what you think. David R AustinTx (talk) 01:53, 28 July 2016 (UTC)
- @David R AustinTx:, thanks for the note. Wish I could go. I watched their video "Movin" from the venue website. Very professional and quite funky! ツI am familiar with them and they have passed through Raleigh before. I hope they do well. The Southland Ballroom looks like a dive from the Google image, but it is in one of the best areas for nightlife and music in Raleigh. Actually a very upscale, classy area. The Mingo Fishtrap article does not impress (thanks to your faithful and fine upkeep to The Nightowls' article, that does make quite a difference!). There is not much advance press locally for tonight's show but Indy Week has a blurb. I will incorporate it into their article. Nice to hear from you and I too hope all is well with you. Fylbecatulous talk 13:34, 28 July 2016 (UTC)
List of Cats page
Hello, Fylbecatulous. I've just been checking the page count stats for List of cats. For some reason, it has suddenly jumped to more than 15,000 hits in a single day, but is normally only about 200 or less. Any idea why? It's a mystery to me. Something in the news perhaps? Please see:  Cheers MatthewTStone (talk) 08:02, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
- @MatthewTStone:, astounding ! now it is about 18,000 for yesterday with 70 page watchers. Most of those are probably on the WikiProject Cats. We watch this list: recent changes or the project page itself: WP:WPCAT for the section "Hot articles". It is maintained by User:HotArticlesBot and even it reflects we have had only 18 edits to List of Cats within the last three days. I can think of nothing alarming or that interesting. All the other related pages have around 150 - 200. I quite like List of fictional cats and felines that has 121 page watchers and it is only getting around 75 pages views. Surely an error or an interesting anomaly. One of the pageview Tool Labs editors is MusikAnimal. Perhaps inquire on their page. Thanks and wishing you happy editing ツ Fylbecatulous talk 20:35, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
- It's possible it's a bot posing as a "user", but you can usually rule that out by comparing mobile/desktop pageviews, and both are showing an overall increase suggesting this is authentic. My guess is it's there's a post trending on Facebook, Reddit, etc, that links to this article. I personally would not directly correlate page watchers to pageviews. The former often do not view the page unless a change has been made, and for more popular articles the bulk of traffic is not from the editors. Hope this helps :) — MusikAnimal talk 21:04, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks Fylbecatulous and MusikAnimal... I've now established that 8 August 2016 was World Cat Day, at least according to some sources. It was certainly a low profile event and I didn't see much publicity where I live. Indeed, possibly it was linked from Reddit or something similar. Cheers MatthewTStone (talk) 21:31, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
- MatthewTStone, Kaldari and MusikAnimal, thanks for contributing to this solution. Lol, the cats have us fooled. Everyday is World Cat Day. If we are lucky, they celebrate us once a year. ツ meows and paw pats... Fylbecatulous talk 14:41, 11 August 2016 (UTC)
Thank you for sending me a message about my edits to the Wikipedia page "Hurricane (Halsey Song)" I read the "TalkPage Rules," but I am not sure if what I have to say conforms to the rules or not. Could you please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you kindly in advance!
Julie Sevigny — Preceding unsigned comment added by Julie Sevigny (talk • contribs) 23:16, 18 October 2016 (UTC)
- Hi, Julie Sevigny, I am notifying you by WP:ECHO that I am talking to you from my talk page and you should receive a notice. But in case you are unaware of this system I am also going to let you know on your talk page that I have replied and to come here to read it. Thanks for inquiring.
- Sorry I do not have email enabled for Wikipedia and I am much in favour of maintaining transparency. Most conversations are not secret and anyone who has my page on their watchlist is free to comment as well.
- Also, this sounds as if it will be something I cannot handle (lowly editor, not even an administrator). I really have no clue what you need to discuss, but I can suggest two options: one is the Wikipedia:OTRS noticeboard, if this is something you can ask in the open. Or please contact The Volunteer Response Team (WP:OTRS) itself by email. They are our designated group of volunteers who answer most e-mail sent to Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation. Please click through to both these blue links to decide what to do or who to contact. You may also receive an invitation to the WP:Teahouse since I welcomed you. I wish you the best... Fylbecatulous talk 00:00, 19 October 2016 (UTC)