- Talk page for Fylbecatulous ~ peace
Reference errors on 15 February
Hello, I'm ReferenceBot. I have automatically detected that an edit performed by you may have introduced errors in referencing. It is as follows:
Please check this page and fix the errors highlighted. If you think this is a false positive, you can report it to my operator. Thanks, ReferenceBot (talk) 00:18, 16 February 2016 (UTC)
- Hello, ReferenceBot. you are about as incomprehensible as BracketBot. This was someone else's ball of yarn to untangle and thankfully the creating editor has done so; If I was not so fond of getting dutiful visits from DPL bot I would just deny you all. I shall make sure I do not leave any further tracked litter paw prints around for you to have to pay me a visit. Meow? meow! Fylbecatulous talk 21:15, 16 February 2016 (UTC)
Ping (part two) and catnapped feline
If you're going to put unnecessary cats on a talk page, make one that's nice to look at.
(catnapped from Ritchie333 who placed on Pdebee's talk page in a discussion about "ping"...)
gift from Ritchie333 with note for Pink cat article
I was scrolling my laptop but accidently clicked rollback.... Glrx (talk) 16:46, 8 November 2016 (UTC)
- Look, we know what really happened, classic case of cat on keyboard. Happens all the sdjfoiwjr4oiq3j4tqenrkjsdfngk Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 17:23, 8 November 2016 (UTC)
- Glrx and Ritchie333, thanks, both of you. Too funny. "cats truly ruel nao, srsly . dey haz teh powr ov censorship...meow. Fylbecatulous talk 17:45, 8 November 2016 (UTC)
- Kittycat war...lol
- Well, I prefer to use a mouse over a touchpad, but you cannot use mice when cats are around. Glrx (talk) 20:58, 8 November 2016 (UTC)
♥ ♥ ♥
A kitten for you!
U ar won ov teh mostest luvli usarpawges i evr saw in mi 7 lifes! meow :)
SI 13:09, 1 December 2016 (UTC)
SI, thank you. I haz gift for u. lol. u made my day... feedin my kitty catnip now ツ Fylbecatulous talk 14:27, 1 December 2016 (UTC)
- P.S. I also catnapped your category... thanks so muchly.
Thanks to you, Surr, I nauw haz hidden catz on mi usarpawge – and I iz really not knowz hauw to findz tehm. 😼
21:44, 1 December 2016 (UTC)
||Mew mew mew purrrr mew rrrr meow.
ツ — Fylbecatulous talk
08:48, 2 December 2016 (UTC)
Cool Profile Have Some WikiLove Spam
Randomly surfed into your account.
Seewalker (talk) 08:52, 2 March 2017 (UTC)
- Agreed, always pleasant to visit. merlinVtwelve (talk) 11:28, 2 March 2017 (UTC)
a feral colony of flowers to thank ツ
@Seewalker: and @MerlinVtwelve:, thank you both. I am going to reciprocally welcome you, Seewalker. I just can't decide about the plate of cookies? Fylbecatulous talk 13:25, 2 March 2017 (UTC)
cat left behind during move to archive needs a good new home ツ
Thanks again for helping with the Huawei Honor 8 article. I wasn't sure how long it might take for the changes to be reverted without a heads up, hence my talk page request. If you're open to the idea of assisting with another edit request I submitted a few weeks ago to make a minor update to one sentence in the Jonathan Karp article, you can view my request at Talk:Jonathan Karp. If you're uninterested, no worries! I just thought I'd ask in case you helped with other edit requests. Either way, thanks again! Inkian Jason (talk) 03:37, 7 March 2017 (UTC)
- @Inkian Jason:. Yes, I do read through most requests, always willling to assist, but skip most. ツ They are usually complex, requiring research or taking sides in disputes or just impossibly dense. Yours are direct and well stated and it is a pleasure. Inquire of me anytime. Happy requesting and editing. Fylbecatulous talk 14:07, 7 March 2017 (UTC)
- I certainly appreciate your help and kind words. I try to keep edit requests concise and as easy as possible for editors to review. I might take you up on your offer at some point, but in the meantime, thanks again for assisting. Inkian Jason (talk) 15:37, 7 March 2017 (UTC)
Hello, again! I am struggling to get someone to review this edit request to expand and update the CTIA – The Wireless Association article. I submitted the request back in January, and one editor liked the proposed changes and volunteered to work on improvements, but is busy and one month later the article has changed little. This is one of those more complicated edit requests, requiring review of a proposed draft, but the markup is ready to implement as long as someone deems the content accurate and fair. I've posted to several WikiProjects and individuals asking for help, but to no avail. Is this something you would be interested in helping with? If not, I completely understand. I'm also open to suggestion for other places to ask for editor assistance, if you're aware of any venues other than WikiProjects and the edit request queue. Just thought I'd ask! Inkian Jason (talk) 16:29, 10 March 2017 (UTC)
- Good evening, Inkian Jason, as I'm sure you've noticed, I have crept over in my cat feet and boldly begun to edit. As I said there, if you have no other takers (which is usually the case (I have left someone standing at the altar on another request because she overturned my close and no one has gone to assist)...here is my theory. I create articles and patrol on Simple English and am a trusted editor there. Until they took our powers away I was patrolling / reviewing aricles on enwiki as well. As you last request was replied with: sure, like I said, I have some things to deal with in real life so not sure when I can find the time. There is no "ownership" in Wikipedia, so anyone can edit. and if they know the guidelines it is more likely their work would stick, of course. I have no idea what problems have been seen but I will attempt to parse them from your request page. Do you mind if I comment on the talk page of your draft and you can then amend in your draft and then I can move completed content into the actual article as we gain concensus (again, us,...) Oh, and I have know quidelines since 2011. I foresee complete transfer soon and I can't imagine if it is done in stages; that anyone will come and complain or revert. If so, where are they now and why are there 134 unanswered requests? Fylbecatulous talk 00:37, 12 March 2017 (UTC)
- Hi, Fylbecatulous. Thank you for starting to improve the main space article based on the proposed draft. You are welcome to use the draft talk page if you have questions or concerns, otherwise I will continue to monitor the edit request on the article’s talk page to follow along as you review content and copy over as appropriate. Thank you very much for taking this on. Inkian Jason (talk) 16:37, 13 March 2017 (UTC)
Silver Hill Hospital
irritated cat...and what does my edit window say ?
An FYI I've pinged you in couple recent notes over at Talk:Silver Hill Hospital. Thanks in advance for your help. NinaSpezz (talk) 14:01, 16 March 2017 (UTC)
- NinaSpezz, you are not awaiting my help. You overturned my very respectful close and argued with me: . I would have been happy to work on a new section as requested. Ping someone else and I wish you good luck in finding someone to take on the lengthy discussion and tasks requested and prickly comments to an unpaid volunteer. All the best, Fylbecatulous talk 14:50, 16 March 2017 (UTC)
- Please assume good faith and know I did not mean for my re-opening of the request to be argumentative. This is, after all, a community and I wanted to leave the request open for outside input. NinaSpezz (talk) 19:25, 16 March 2017 (UTC)
- NinaSpezz, then obviously, please await community input. Although assuming good faith, I am well aware of WP:PAYTALK. On that basis, please do not come to my talk page again, or ping me. Fylbecatulous talk 19:47, 16 March 2017 (UTC)
Hello, and thank you,
…for the infobox edit, at Steffany Gretzinger. The "solo" designation that you added—where can I find the other options for this data field? This solo does not seem full accurate. Cheers, will look in here. Le Prof 22.214.171.124 (talk) 01:13, 2 April 2017 (UTC)
- Good morning, Leprof 7272, it appears that sometimes you sign in and sometimes not and didn't sign with your exact editor name here, so I hope you receive this ping notification because it does not work for IP address editors.
- Got it, thanks. Note, my user page is as boring as yours is lively. Cheers. Le Prof Leprof 7272 (talk) 00:15, 6 April 2017 (UTC)
- I am going to answer here and also place links on the article talk page. I have also placed the WikiProject Musicians banner at the top in the WikiProject Biography banner, where you can link through to see infobox information. Even though it seems the format as designated in a word category is limiting, you will probably find the others do not fit exactly either. But the infobox is a template and allowable parameters to use in any template are built into the template. You can't make up your own parameters to use with an existing template.
- So first when an editor places a made up parameter or it is not yet filled in on a page with the infobox, it ends up in this Category:Infobox musical artist with missing or invalid Background field. An administrator has nicely placed the directions on the category to help explain. If you look back at the history of the article in this diff where you edited;  down at the bottom of the article in the categories you can see the blue-linked category. Click through to see the list of articles and the instructions (which I have also added below)
- Click through here and scroll down for instructions for use: Template:Infobox_musical_artist. The directions for choosing a background are rather constrained but they are only these and one must be used. If you enter anything else (ie 'rapper' it will be an error). The background decides not only the category, but also the identifying background color for the infobox. Below you can see tthe entire six parameters, but I believe the 'solo_singer' designation is the correct choice. (she sings, no matter what else she does, so she is a 'solo_singer'.)
- Hope this helps. I am also going to comment on the article talk page I think. Hope you find this helpful. ツ Thanks Fylbecatulous talk 11:47, 2 April 2017 (UTC)
All makes sense, and I concur, this is the best alternative. And, the best single user training I've received—on any subject, technical or otherwise—in the half decade I have been here at Wikipedia. Thank you for patience and time spent communicating. Call on me (usually at articles, you were correct in trying to find me there first) if I can ever be of help to you. Cheers. Le Prof Leprof 7272 (talk) 00:18, 6 April 2017 (UTC)
wishing you the best and happy editing
Leprof 7272, thank you, thank you. Fylbecatulous talk 12:00, 6 April 2017 (UTC)
Re: Draft:James F. Allen (businessman)
Greetings, Fylbecatulous! You helped me with the CTIA article not too long ago (thanks again!), and I'm wondering if you might be available to help with a different article. I recently submitted this draft article for James F. Allen, who serves as chairman of Hard Rock International and CEO of Seminole Gaming and has led the Seminole Tribe of Florida's gaming operations since 2001, on his behalf and as part of my work with Beutler Ink.
However, the draft was declined by User:SwisterTwister for being "Too suggestive of an advertised business profile for clients, notability cannot be inherited from others and the sources are largely consisting of simple announcements, local business journals, notices and similar." I posted a reply on the draft's talk page, and received a response in the form of an additional AfC comment that said the sources were "not significant weight-ful of notability, including because they include local business publications and similar". I'm not entirely sure what this means because I thought the sources used are considered major publications (for example, Forbes and The Press of Atlantic City). I'm hoping you or another editor can help by confirming notability. My goal remains to have the draft deemed accurate and neutral, and moved into the main space.
I appreciate the AfC process and SwisterTwister's review of the draft, but this process has not really provided specific ways to improve the draft, so I'm reaching out to other editors for additional input. I've posted requests for feedback at WikiProject Biography, WikiProject Gambling, WikiProject United States, and on the Hard Rock Cafe and Seminole Tribe of Florida talk pages, but so far no one has responded. Might you be willing to review this draft? Thanks in advance for any help. Inkian Jason (talk) 19:24, 5 May 2017 (UTC)
- Inkian Jason, hello and thanks for seeking me out. In this case there is an insurmountable barrier. As I posted earlier on this talk page (maybe) I no longer have the WP:NPPR (the right to patrol newly created articles). I do on Simple English Wikipedia and I earned it there from the admins by creating good articles that were ready to go live without much or any oversite. There I am a trusted user and love the articles I have written. It also gives me the freedom to judge other new pages, tag for deletion (quick and discussion) patrol as approved, improve and amend ad lib. As you say the process here is so much a barrier I have never created an article here. Truly a paradox... I would love to help but I have no power to approve, or move your article draft. A number of us did so in the past unilaterally and I liked working through the new pages feed. It is a toss-up though whether an article stands a better chance in the AfC queue or just submitting it live into article space and hoping for a friendly editor (or one who watches your work) to patrol it and not delete. But we peanut gallery types lost the rights when they decided only qualified creators could patrol. I can help you with further 'requested edits' as I did before on already existing articles and happily. We worked well together and I never blinked at the quality of your sources. I am actually aware of your draft... sigh... As always, best regards. Fylbecatulous talk 20:04, 5 May 2017 (UTC)
- OK, I understand and thanks for explaining. I thought most editors could move drafts into the main space, but no problem. If you have any feedback on the draft’s sourcing or his notability, or know of an editor who may be willing to help, I’d much appreciate it. Inkian Jason (talk) 20:44, 5 May 2017 (UTC)
- Inkian Jason: editors at certain levels (and I am certainly there), may move from user draft space to article space, but lacking the patroller right, they must still await eventual or immediate patrol by someone who holds the right to approve. Have you requested help from WP:WPAFC/HD (Wikipedia Articles for Creation help desk)? I am fond of WikiProjects and you may receive more enlightenment there as to what needs to be done. It seems your draft is trapped in a prison named AfC and you and the reviewer are deadlocked. The idea is either that an editor improves the article to the needed specifications, accepts the decline, gives up and eventualy it becomes an abandoned draft submission. With two negative remarks from your reviewer I can't predict how much you are going to be able to override that negative standstill without a major rewrite with apparently new sources...Any editor you ask now to help rescue your draft, will so far as I understand, have to have the WP:NPPR right granted to assist you. Here is that list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:ListUsers/patroller (admins are not listed because they automatically have to right amongst their tools). My bold suggestion is write again the draft in your user space (just as you did for you desired reivisions to CTIA). Any editor is free to assist you within your user page draft, comment on talk page, agree to boldly submit directly by a page move to article space and hope that revisions will be made at that point. (you may for example get maintenance tags, but at least you could add your categories and banners and it appears a real article. good luck with your quest, however you plan to proceed... Fylbecatulous talk 22:27, 5 May 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for taking a look at Talk:James F. Allen (businessman). I am also looking for some assistance here if you are interested. Inkian Jason (talk) 17:38, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
- You've been so helpful. Thanks again! Inkian Jason (talk) 16:31, 20 June 2017 (UTC)
- @Inkian Jason: You are welcome as always. I usually notice all the requests, (even Vianovo, but I held off since you were pinging others, out of courtesy). If it comes to the point where you are placing notices at WikiProjects (does that ever work, because I believe the proper response would be to request on the article talk page and beyond the scope of Projects themselves) please just ping me personally. As long as I am active and you can tell so from my recent edits,I should show up. I am not forgetting the image for Mr. Allen. It is a mystery.[ [Primer (film)|It has elapsed its six hours in the time machine and has now become a paradox]]. I believe I will take care of this now, since I do trust you that it is probably fine; just dropped behind the filing cabinet. ツ Fylbecatulous talk 12:25, 21 June 2017 (UTC)
- Hello, Fylbecatulous! None of the editors I've pinged to help with the edit request on the Talk:Honor (brand) page. If you're willing and interested, I don't think this edit request would take long to review. There are just a few sentences for your consideration. If not interested, no worries! I can always wait for editors at the technology WikiProjects to help. Inkian Jason (talk) 16:03, 27 July 2017 (UTC)
- @Inkian Jason, thank you for asking. Hopefully, it is as you expected. I did a bit of cleanup ahead of adding your text. Of course, others are adding edits and I did remove some spam links. Another edit has been made since I signed off. It seems good, but I do not have your knowledge to discern accuracy. Spam I am much against... if you are ever fretting over something that has been tinkered with, in any of these Honor pages, ask to have it undone right away. Happy editing, Fylbecatulous talk 11:16, 28 July 2017 (UTC)
Good analogyDlohcierekim (talk) 12:04, 10 May 2017 (UTC)
I have never met her in person, it was simply an ad that was posted on a website. I'm familiar with wikipedia rules, it's simply a matter that I felt it was ethical to report a conflict of interest and all she wanted was her credits updated. I've laid out the case on that page and wanted to be as ethical as possible, that's why I've submitted edits for Peer Review.--Jack Cox (talk) 18:53, 5 June 2017 (UTC)
- Jack Cox, hello. Where did you submit edits for peer review? It appears you placed your statement declaring your conflict of interest and that you wished to change her article, but disclose your paid status first. Within 19 minutes your edited the article directly. This is a page with fewer than 30 watchers and the requested edits list is backlogged. Please be patient. There are currently 178 requests waiting for review. I just answered one yesterday that had been placed October 2016. Optimally how this works (and please read through CAT:EDITREQ to compare) is an editor asks the request in detail on the article talk page exactly what they want changed along with the citations and then wait for assistance. Please click through and read Talk:Meredith Attwell Baker for some good recent activity with someone I assist as a volunteer editor. Finally, you did still need to receive the Conflict-of-Notice template on your talk page. It places you in a category and it seems that the guidelines and FAQS links would be helpful guidance. Wishing you the best, Fylbecatulous talk 19:43, 5 June 2017 (UTC)
I apologize, I didn't know whether I would disclose and edit, or edit and disclose. Please forgive me, I did feel it was right to acknowledge my conflict. I wasn't sure how the process works. It was in good faith and I thought primarily that since it was simply some other roles she did it wasn't going to be a major issue, as with say something more personal. It was in no means to be flagrant, I was trying to be respectful and explain the situation. I do know that Wikipedia has stringent policies on things and I think she didn't understand that and that's why she wanted someone who didn't know her. I do not know her personally having only interacted with her today.--Jack Cox (talk) 22:21, 5 June 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you. :@Jack Cox: All is well. There is so much to learn and know here. We each have our little corners of experience or mastery. Not to worry, You made entirely WP:good faith attempts and met someone peaceful to work with you. Happy editing. Fylbecatulous talk 23:49, 5 June 2017 (UTC)
The Nightowls article reformatting
my cat Natasha as a young super model wanna be. (regal cat; pet of David R AustinTx)
Fylbecatulous talk - Thanks for initiating the restructuring of the Nightowls articles. You must have read my mind because I was just thinking of doing that. It was getting a bit large & this makes it more visually appealing. Also each record marks a distinct evolution in their sound. So it made sense to do it that way. I had to do a little bit of research to figure out to get it the right size graphic. In late Jan they posted they were in the recording studio laying down some new tracks. They’ve recently posted pics of them in the studio still working on mixing it. They also just posted pics of them recording a video. In those, they said to expect new music soon but said they have no date yet.
I want to thank you for your guidance in helping me think about the appearance of an article. I’m not sure I ever thanked you – but I really appreciate how you made the “Awards & Nominations” and “Honors” lists into tables. That is so much more appealing & catches your eye more than just a list. I would never know how to do that, but I studied the coding & it looks like there’s a standard wiki table you can use.
I believe you live in Raleigh? The Nightowls are on tour in July & will be there on 7/25 at the Pour House Music Hall. I really hope you are around to go to it. You really need to go introduce yourself. They are fully aware of & appreciative of how much work you have done on & your dedication to their article.
...so sweet you rescued Ombre, a special cat ツ
You’ll be happy to know I recently got a rescue cat. I’ve been wanting one for awhile. A friend of mine always fosters dogs & does volunteer work for the Austin Animal Center. They are an Austin City shelter, they along with all Austin shelters are “kill free”. I wanted a teen or adult cat because I can’t imagine being homeless when you’re older. He is a 9 yr old black male cat that was a stray. He’s also FIV+ which I know is not so much an issue for cats. I named him Ombre like the hair coloring, because his subtly blends into brown. He is so affectionate. I want to show you a pic – I don’t know if you remember how much trouble I had when I wanted to post pic of my former cat. You tried your best to guide me, getting the right pixel is a little diff but the problem I had the most difficulty with was this “px” code. We ended up with you doing it for me. I’ll try to see if I can figure it out again later this week, if not you’ll be able to at least grab it. David R AustinTx (talk) 22:37, 19 June 2017 (UTC)
- David R AustinTx, good morning. Sorry it took me a bit to answer. I am occasionally a bit below the weather, but never forget to reply. You are welcome. Yes, formatting can be tricky and a frustration. The table format, especially. I usually copy something I like and paste and revise.. Wiki markup and all of Wikipedia can be so DIY and learning by trial and error (but hopefully not too much). This is why I went to great lengths to explain the background parameter for the musical artist infobox in [] up above in this earlier section. There was even more code hidden now in my answer in the history. Someone is wondering and takes the trouble to ask... That is why I enjoyed working with you. You desire to have a good article with a good presentation for the Nightowls. You faithfully keep it up to date and it grows along with the band. I recently changed their importance parameter to "mid" on both their WikiProjects. I truly believe they deserve it and are demonstrating an enduring importance.
- Congratulations on Ombre finding you. I can tell you love him and are a good caregiver. I will try my best to see the Nightowls. I have been to The Pour House Music Hall before. It is right downtown next to Moore Square and is in a energetic, rather elite music scene with lots happening. (Gee, the Pour House's article is in bad shape...I am going to see what I can do...) There is actually a lot of fans here for soul, R&B, and playing at The Pour House should be a lively experience. It stands about 300, but has a main floor and a balcony and pretty good acoustics for Raleigh. Please come to my page or ping me from wherever if you have trouble with formatting your cat pix or anything. As always, happy editing and all the best, Fylbecatulous talk 11:59, 22 June 2017 (UTC)
Precious three years!
welcoming and cautioning
Thank you, free human speaking Lolcat, guardian of treasures; protector from evil, witchcraft and secret slander. for welcoming, cautioning, adding project templates, fixing, for dummy edits and thoughtful images - you are an awesome Wikipedian!
--Gerda Arendt (talk) 08:43, 7 August 2017 (UTC)
- Gerda Arendt, thank you, faithful bestower of gifts and gems (and cats ツ ) ...another year. I give you a cat and a cornflower and wish you all the best and happy editing. Fylbecatulous talk 12:37, 7 August 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you for the precious gifts. DYK that I always keep a cat on a friends page? ("Forget cat" archived on my user page.) Cornflower-blue is the colour of the Yogo! - Vacation greetings from Gerda Arendt (talk) 06:46, 8 August 2017 (UTC)
- Gerda Arendt. You are welcome and thank you. Yes, I knew it is Opabinia regalis's page. Another page that is amazing, like yours. ツ Fylbecatulous talk 07:03, 8 August 2017 (UTC)