User talk:GB fan
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11|
Good evening! Please, let me know how I can retrieve the content of the page created (Lucian B.), which was deleted by yourself. Also, please advise me where I should publish it or the status that I need to give it, to ensure it stays published. Thank you in anticipation! Lucian Balog — Preceding unsigned comment added by Gelu Lucian Balog (talk • contribs) 18:45, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- You shouldn't be making an article about yourself. You have a conflict of interest. For an article to exist about you, we would need to show that you meet our notability guidelines. That is by having multiple reliable sources that have published independent significant coverage of you. If you meet those guidelines someone without a conflict of interest will write the article. ~ GB fan 19:44, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
Hi again! Please, let me know how I can retrieve the info for the page that I have put together and that was deleted. I was of the impression that it would be saved somewhere but I have no knowledge where.
- The article is deleted, it is not saved anywhere that you have access to. Only people with the Admin right can see the deleted article. ~ GB fan 23:39, 26 November 2018 (UTC)
May I request using your Admin Access to source the text! I got the idea and I certainly won’t attempt publishing it again but I would love to get my work back, please! Gelu Lucian Balog (talk) 06:13, 27 November 2018 (UTC)
- You can find it at Draft:Lucian B.. Do not move it yourself back to the mainspace. Use the button in the box at the top of the page that says Submit your draft for review when you think it is ready to be published. It is not ready at this time. You will need to add reliable sources to it before it will be accepted. ~ GB fan 12:15, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
Regarding Artisan Furniture Deletion
Hi, GB Fan. I am writing this in regards of deletion of the Artisan Furniture page that I created few hours back. It would be great if you can throw some light over the reasons of deletion. However, I have gone through the Wikipedia articles A7 and G11 and did modify the content accordingly. I respect your decision and experience with Wikipedia and would like to modify my content accordingly with your help in order to facilitate everyone with the required piece of information. Looking forward to your quick response. Thank you.
Hi GB fan The deletion notice says to contact you to recover deleted content for this article. I was so surprised that a company with such an influential project and *many* web links over several years would be subject to speedy deletion that I didn't keep a copy. I wonder if you or DannyS712 looked at the links or google searched the company? In any case thanks for the content. Will not try to put something up about the company again. (I have no CoI, it's miles from my areas of interest.) Keith Henson (talk) 04:09, 26 November 2018 (UTC)
- I did look at the links but did not do a google search. The first link is the bloomberg basic fact sheet about the company. The second and third links are both COI pieces that appear to be written to promote the recent funding round of the company. The last link is the company's website. The prose doesn't in any way say the company is significant. The first sentence says where it is based and when it was started. The second sentence just says what the purpose of the company is. It says what they want to do, nothing about what they have done. The last sentence explains who started the company and why she says she started it. There is nothing in the article that show there is anything significant about the company at this time. I have restored the article to the draft space. You can find it at Draft:Imbellus. ~ GB fan 11:59, 26 November 2018 (UTC)
You said at  (ironically the issue is solved - no offence!) that there's no violation - if user x posted on the talk page for user y who removed it, that's evidence that the message was seen. I appreciate this!220.127.116.11 (talk) 12:03, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- yw ~ GB fan 12:04, 29 November 2018 (UTC)
- Eurohunter, I now see what you meant by that speedy deletion tag. I see there is a discussion going on at WT:F1#New article for Racing Point? that you have not contributed to. Please join the discussion and when there is a consensus on what the name should be and how the article should be structured then ask for it to be moved. ~ GB fan 15:00, 1 December 2018 (UTC)
Sorry, my first edit
- Sinumdab, go to Talk:Computer science and start a discusson like you started here. Explain why that information does not belong. ~ GB fan 17:10, 1 December 2018 (UTC)
- GB fan Sorry to bother you, but I thought you might want to know that a discussion on this topic has been started, if you wish to contribute any wisdom to it. (Talk:Computer science#Informatics Practices) feel free to delete this message if you don't want it here, it's your talk page! Shadowssettle(talk) 21:41, 5 December 2018 (UTC)
- By the time I got a chance to look at it Courcelles had already blocked everyone. ~ GB fan 21:06, 2 December 2018 (UTC)
- Oh, sorry, that wasn't the reason I wanted you to look at it. I wasn't sure if it needed to be oversighted.--Bbb23 (talk) 21:13, 2 December 2018 (UTC)
Revision delete request.
Requested page: box
Edit in concern : https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Box&oldid=871546995
Reason for my request: I have a feeling that this edit that a IP did violates WP:BLP. The edit talked about two people ……… in a derogatory way, as well as not stated any references to where it proves it or even states how it relates to the article. The edit has already been reverted but is still visible in the page history.
- @GB fan: - I have not received a reply from you yet. Was it because I left the diff between the vandal and the revert edit out. If so here is the diff, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Box&diff=next&oldid=871546995 . It said your name on the list of users that accept revision delete requests. If it is not true that you accept such requests, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvenience. Aceing_Winter_Snows_Harsh_Cold (talk) 23:26, 6 December 2018 (UTC)
- I do revision deletions, but do not think this meets the criterion. ~ GB fan 00:13, 7 December 2018 (UTC)
I would like to ask if these 2 articles (Peter out & Denigrate) should be deleted. The article is empty and has no significant meaning, and it states that reader should proceed to wikitionary for more information. I am unsure if this meets deletion criteria as per [[CSD A5.
- Venomous_Sniper, I do not believe they meet any speedy deletion criterion. For A5 to apply it would need to be a dictionary definition that was transwiki'd to Wiktionary. In these cases they were both created as soft redirects to existing Wiktionary pages. A1 does not apply because there is enough info there to understand what is being discussed, the dictionary definitions of those words. A3 does not apply as there is content. It is even questionable whether any A criterion would apply at all as these are not articles they are redirects. Anthony Bradbury appears to disagree with my assessment as he deleted Peter out last month as an A3. ~ GB fan 12:52, 6 December 2018 (UTC)
Sorry to bother you but I would like you to help me delete the redirects I nominated for deletion using Template:db-r1. Looks like an admin deleted the page but forgot to delete its redirects & related talk page ‑‑V.S.(C)(T) 14:32, 10 December 2018 (UTC)
- Another admin or I will get to them in the course of reviewing speedy deletions. You don't need to ask any admin to go and specifically look at speedy deletion nominations. ~ GB fan 15:07, 10 December 2018 (UTC)
- They are suppressed, another OS did it. ~ GB fan 16:58, 10 December 2018 (UTC)
Hi!, please dont delete my tag. My reasons do meet the criteria for propose deletion. Kidly read my reason of deletion. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Johanry (talk • contribs) 11:37, 12 December 2018 (UTC)
- I will not stop removing a proposed deletion tag from a redirect. You can not use that process on a redirect. You must use WP:RFD. ~ GB fan 11:40, 12 December 2018 (UTC)
Yes, I need help ~ GB fan :)
Thank you very much for the help ~ GB fan :) 20:12, 12 December 2018 (UTC)
- yw ~ GB fan 12:14, 12 December 2018 (UTC)
I would like you to view this page. I believe that the article is not notable as per WP:ORGCRITE. As such I moved the article to a draft page. However, the primary contributor (Aneekn) reverted the page back without adequately explaining why, (as of 14:12, 13 December 2018 (UTC), the page is still being edited by the mentioned user). Should I nominated the page for speedy under A7? ‑‑V.S.(C)(T) 14:12, 13 December 2018 (UTC)