User talk:Geni

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

/archive 1 /archive 2 /archive 3 /archive 4 /archive 5 /archive 6 /archive 7

new comments at the bottom of the page please

Contents

Thank You![edit]

Treble Clef Barnstar.png The Featured Sound Main Page Proposal Voter Barnstar
I was truly humbled by the overwhelming community support for the recent proposal to place featured sounds on the main page. The proposal closed on Tuesday with 57 people in support and only 2 in opposition.

It should take a few weeks for everything to get coded and tested, and once that is done the community will be presented with a mock up to assess on aesthetic appeal.

Finally, I invite all of you to participate in the featured sounds process itself. Whether you're a performer, an uploader, or just come across a sound file you find top quality, and that meets the featured sound criteria, you can nominate it at Wikipedia:Featured sound candidates. Featured sounds is also looking for people to help assess candidates (also at Wikipedia:Featured sound candidates.)

Thanks again for such a strong showing of support, and I hope to see you at featured sounds in the future.
Sven Manguard Wha?
Adam Cuerden (talk)
(X! · talk)

Getty Villa[edit]

I have expanded the lead and added a "Collections" section. User:Racepacket/Getty Please let me know if this is clear to post. Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 05:21, 1 March 2011 (UTC)

I have expanded User:Racepacket/WMATA with the first edit being a copy of the current page. Please let me know if this is clear to post. I appreciate your hard work. Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 15:31, 2 March 2011 (UTC)

It turns out that the WMATA article links to the wrong Mary Hynes, so I have created User:Racepacket/Hynes. Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 04:19, 3 March 2011 (UTC)

Good catch. I did not see that one, and worked from a different source where I deleted "actively" and made some other changes. How about She represents Arlington on the ...."? Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 23:24, 3 March 2011 (UTC)

Please review User:Racepacket/ICC Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 22:59, 5 March 2011 (UTC)

Red Line (Washington Metro) needs a sentence to say when construction started. I propose "Construction on the Red Line began with a ground breaking ceremony on December 9, 1969.[1]"

I have returned to the Getty Villa copying over today's version and editing it at User:Racepacket/Getty Please let me know if this is clear to post. Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 21:50, 8 March 2011 (UTC)

Waterways in the United Kingdom[edit]

When you have the time, please could you look at WT:UKW#Waterways in the United Kingdom? Thanks. Simply south...... 14:02, 7 March 2011 (UTC)

Mary Hynes (politician)[edit]

I propose to add: Hynes' family has one car, so she will ride metrorail to all her WMATA meetings.<ref>{{cite news|url=http://www.tbd.com/blogs/tbd-neighborhoods/2011/01/mary-hynes-she-ll-metro-to-metro-board-meetings-6864.html|title=Mary Hynes will use Metro to get to Metro board meetings|date=January 6, 2011|first=Rebecca A. |last=Cooper |work=NewsChannel 8|publisher= Allbritton Communications Company|accessdate=2011-03-10}}</ref>

Thanks, -- Racepacket (talk) 00:21, 11 March 2011 (UTC)

After Mary Hynes, please look at: User:Racepacket/Orange Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 00:21, 11 March 2011 (UTC)

Please review User:Racepacket/GSC. Many thanks, Racepacket (talk) 15:27, 11 March 2011 (UTC)

Please review User:Racepacket/VBH. I appreciate all that you are doing for me. Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 15:58, 12 March 2011 (UTC)

Also, please review User:Racepacket/Discovery. Many thanks, Racepacket (talk) 20:35, 12 March 2011 (UTC)

Please review User:Racepacket/CNC. I am not very experienced at uploading photos so I experimented with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cayuga_Nature_Cener_Treehouse.jpg which may not have an appropriate license. If the license is improper, please delete the photo page. It is licensed under Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC 2.0) which was not on the pulldown menu choices. Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 04:52, 16 March 2011 (UTC)

Please review User:Racepacket/WMATA which now contains proposed revisions to the history sections of various Washington Metro line histroy sections. Many thanks for all that you are doing on my behalf. Racepacket (talk) 04:53, 17 March 2011 (UTC)

I am now convinced that the Cayuga Nature Center picture was a mistake. Can you please delete it? Thank you for all that you do. Racepacket (talk) 01:05, 19 March 2011 (UTC)

Please review User:Racepacket/WMATA which now contains a route description of the Yellow Line. I would be surprised if it has any copyright problems because I typed a description of a route that I read from a map. Again, many thanks! Racepacket (talk) 03:48, 19 March 2011 (UTC)

Just a gentle reminder about User:Racepacket/WMATA, which is awaiting your clearance. Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 06:36, 23 March 2011 (UTC)

Perhaps I am causing confusion by reusing subpages, but User:Racepacket/WMATA now contains the full text of the Yellow Line article (which is a minor improvement over the version that was emailed to you.) Could you please review it? Many thanks for all that you do. Racepacket (talk) 13:39, 5 April 2011 (UTC)

Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant[edit]

Please reconsider your semiprotection. There was plenty good non-autoconfirmed activity, autoconfirmed editors are adding inconsiderate unsourced material and editsemiprotect requests are not being honoured. 220.100.15.15 (talk) 11:57, 12 March 2011 (UTC)

Register yourself :) --Chris.urs-o (talk) 12:34, 12 March 2011 (UTC)
Irrelevant. An admin should know better. I know how to use an editsemiprotect template, and I'm happy to do it, but millions of others do not. 220.100.15.15 (talk) 13:38, 12 March 2011 (UTC)
Look I'm usualy pretty anti semi protection for high profile articles about changing news events but in this case there was not only a high level of vandalism edits but cleanup wasn't as fast as it sometimes is.©Geni 14:00, 12 March 2011 (UTC)

Thomas A. Whidden[edit]

Dear Geni -

I am trying to add a bio of the Chairman of my company, North Sails. His name is Thomas A. Whidden and I see you deleted it yesterday citing copyright infringement. The PDF file you noted contained the same bio of Tom Whidden that I also wrote. I would also like to add the bios of several other notable people within my company and link them with events like the America's Cup and within categories liked sailing and sailmaking. What's the best way to go about this without my articles being deleted? This is the first time I have used Wikipedia to post articles/information.

Thank you! Veronica Brown — Preceding unsigned comment added by Vbrown2011 (talkcontribs) 21:09, 31 March 2011 (UTC)


Geni -

There are more notable people within the sailmaking world who should be added to wikipedia and linked to this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Sailmakers. How do we go about this?

Thank you, Vbrown2011 (talk) 13:08, 1 April 2011 (UTC)

Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Seagate ST33232A hard disk inner view[edit]

Seagate ST33232A hard disk inner view.jpg
Your Featured picture candidate has been promoted
Your nomination for featured picture status, File:Seagate ST33232A hard disk inner view.jpg, gained a consensus of support, and has been promoted. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates. Makeemlighter (talk) 20:55, 3 April 2011 (UTC)

Dulles Airport[edit]

I propose to add the following to the text of Silver Line (Washington Metro) and Dulles International Airport (WMATA station):

On April 6, 2011, the WMATA Board voted 9 to 4 to build an underground station 550 feet away from the terminal rather than an above-ground station 1,150 feet away from the terminal at an additional cost of $330 million. Construction of the underground station would extend its expected opening to mid-2017.<ref>{{cite news|title=Dulles to get underground Metro station|work=Washington Post|date=April 7, 2011|page=B1|first=Kafia|last=Hosh}}</ref>

I propose to add the following to the text of Washington Metro:

In an effort to gain revenues, WMATA has started to allow retail ventures in Metrorail stations. WMATA has authorized DVD-rental vending machines and ticket booths for the Old Town Trolley Tours and is seeking additional retail tenants.<ref>{{cite web|url=http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/news/PressReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=4889|title=Metro launches retail at Smithsonian Metrorail station|publisher=WMATA|accessdate=2011-04-07}}</ref>

Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 12:29, 7 April 2011 (UTC)

Any response? Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 15:04, 11 April 2011 (UTC)

Please review User:Racepacket/Rideshare. Many thanks! Racepacket (talk) 11:24, 16 April 2011 (UTC)

It was deleted from RideShare Delaware, but I rephrased parts of it. Racepacket (talk) 02:55, 17 April 2011 (UTC)

I have discovered that the lead was taken from the about page without attribution, and have cut it back. Racepacket (talk) 11:00, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
Please give me your candid assessment. Racepacket (talk) 17:37, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
This is very frustrating. One would assume that the real sources would be the ones identified by the editor. I did not check beyond the footnoted sources. I will re-write and resubmit. Sorry to have wasted your time. Racepacket (talk) 18:10, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
I think this should be sufficiently different. Thanks for catching the problem. Racepacket (talk) 19:06, 18 April 2011 (UTC)

Could you please look at User:Racepacket/WMATA? I have made changes requested by the GA reviewer and we are ready to move it into article space. Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 08:54, 20 April 2011 (UTC)

User:Racepacket/WMATA now has a revision of the SmarTrip article for your review. Many thanks! Racepacket (talk) 18:50, 22 April 2011 (UTC)

CHI+MED[edit]

Thanks for rescuing the text :) It's useful to have the stub to work on JoBrodie (talk) 15:58, 13 April 2011 (UTC)

Robert McDonnell - new section[edit]

==Reapportionment== McDonnell has played a significant role in the reapportionment conducted in response to the 2010 census. McDonnell appointed his own bipartisan advisory commission on redistricting.<ref name=redist>{{cite news|title=VA. House GOP vents over veto|first-Anita|last=Kumar|date=April 24, 2011|page=C1|work=Washington Post}}</ref> In a special session of the General Assembly, the redistricting of both the House of Delegates and the State Senate were passed in single bill that was approved by the House with a 86 to 8 vote and the Senate with a 22 to 18 vote.<ref name=redist/> The bill was developed without regard to the advisory commission's recommendations.<ref name=redist/> On April 15, 2011, McDonnell vetoed the reapportionment bill on the grounds that "the Senate plan is the kind of political gerrymandering that Virginians have ask that we leave in the past."<ref>{{cite web|url=http://www.governor.virginia.gov/docs/LetterToHODonHB5001.pdf|title=Letter to the House of Delegates on H.R. 5001|publisher=State of Virginia|accessdate=2011-04-24}}</ref> Although McDonnell had the power to amend the bill with his veto, he simply sent it back for the General Assembly to either over-ride the veto or adopt a different bill. Because the Democrats lack the 2/3 majority necessary to over-ride the veto, the State Senate must adopt a new plan. At first, Senate Majority Leader Richard L. Saslaw promised to merely readopt the vetoed redistricting map, but has now begun negotiations with the Governor's office regarding a new plan.<ref name=redist/> Republican members of the House and Senate have criticised the Governor for overturning the timetable for approval of new districts prior to the 2011 elections.<ref name=redist/>

Please clear this as soon as my top priority request. Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 01:41, 25 April 2011 (UTC)

Thank you for clearing Bob McDonnell and SmarTrip: Please consider: ==History== WMATA began selling SmarTrip cards on May 18, 1999,<ref name=railhist>{{cite web| url = http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/docs/history.pdf| title = WMATA History| format = PDF| publisher = WMATA| accessdate = 2011-04-26}}</ref> and by 2004, 650,000 SmarTrip cards were in circulation.<ref>{{cite web|url=http://www.smartcardalliance.org/newsletter/september_04/feature_0904.html|title=Smart Card Talk|date=September 2004|publisher=Smart Card Alliance|accessdate=2011-04-26}}</ref> On November 12, 2002, the first SmarTrip readers were used on Metrobuses.<ref name=railhist/> In May 2004, SmarTrip readers were introduced at parking garage gates.<ref name=railhist/> In February 2011, WMATA replaced the antennas on all Metrorail faregates to improve the speed and range of its the faregates' SmarTrip processing.<ref>{{cite news|url=http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dr-gridlock/2011/02/_metro_is_installing_new.html|title=Domes aim to make SmarTrip faster|first=Ann Scott |last=Tyson|date=February 9, 2011|work=Washington Post|accessdate=2011-04-26}}</ref>

Also, please clear User:Racepacket/Getty Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 11:17, 26 April 2011 (UTC)

  • OTRS #2011042710012784 has now received an email from Rideshare Delaware giving permission under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC-BY-SA). In view of that, may I move the User:Racepacket/Rideshare into article space? Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 16:19, 27 April 2011 (UTC)
Thank you for clearing Getty and Rideshare. How above the above quotation on the History of SmarTrip? Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 04:27, 30 April 2011 (UTC)

On May 1, I rewrote the article about the Getty Trust, so please clear User:Racepacket/Getty. Many thanks! Racepacket (talk) 22:51, 1 May 2011 (UTC)

On May 2, I revised an article about the Getty Conservation Institute, so please clear User:Racepacket/Rideshare. Thanks again! Racepacket (talk) 15:35, 2 May 2011 (UTC)

Please give me permission to add the following sentence to the Bob McDonnell "Reapportionment" section: After lengthy negotiations, on April 28, both houses passed a revised set of district maps and Governor McDonnell announced that he would sign the revised bill.<ref>{{cite web|url=http://www.governor.virginia.gov/News/viewRelease.cfm?id=720|title= Statement of Governor Bob McDonnell on Passage of Redistricting Legislation|publisher=State of Virginia|accessdate=2011-05-03}}</ref>

I know you are busy with the death of OBL. I updated the McDonnell page, but I am waiting word on the above addition to SmarTrip, and the Getty and Rideshare subpages. Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 17:10, 3 May 2011 (UTC)

Thank you for yesterday's clearances. Here is one more for SmarTrip:

In May 2011, WMATA and the District Department of Transportation started a pilot project to give students in the DC Public Schools "DC One Cards" which are SmarTrip compatible. The new cards serve as both a student identification card and provide reduced Metro fares during student commuting hours. The cards are intended to address youth behavior problems in Metrorail stations.<ref>{{cite news|work=Washington Post|title=D.C. to test new Metro ID cards for students|first=Lori|last=Aratani|date=May 4, 2011|page=B1}}</ref>

Thanks Racepacket (talk) 11:19, 4 May 2011 (UTC)

Category:Article Feedback Pilot for Death of Osama bin Laden[edit]

Why is the article not within article feedback pilot...the article pertains to handling of the death is relevant public policy...Smallman12q (talk) 22:34, 2 May 2011 (UTC)

The public relations that follow though are a matter of public policy...no? (Keep thread at my talk page plz)Smallman12q (talk) 22:43, 2 May 2011 (UTC)

Re:User:Crazymonkey1123/signature[edit]

Its is not a template. I am just substituting a userpage (my preferred signature) into my normal signature. Nothing wrong to me. Crazymonkey1123 (Jacob) T or M/Sign mine 00:58, 6 May 2011 (UTC)

ITS NOT A TRANSCLUSION IT IS A SUBSTITUTION! Crazymonkey1123 (Jacob) T or M/Sign mine 01:08, 6 May 2011 (UTC)
Nuvola apps edu languages.svg
Hello, Geni. You have new messages at Crazymonkey1123's talk page.
You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

01:16, 6 May 2011 (UTC)

New edits[edit]

On Metrobus:

WMATA is adding a total of 533 hybrid buses to replace its deisel buse fleet. Each new "New Flyer Xcelsior XDE40" bus costs $571,737l and is expected to break down less frequently as well as offer greater fuel economy. With the latest purchase of 152 hybrid buses for $89.3 million from New Flyer of America, WMATA's Metrobus fleet will consist of 600 diesel buses, 553 hybrid buses and 339 natural gas fueled buses.<ref>{{cite news|title=Metro is putting its mind to saving energy|first=Dana |last=Hedgpeth|work=Washington Post|date=May 11, 2011|page=B1}}</ref>

On Silver Line and WMATA: U.S. Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood is mediating the dispute regarding the increase in the cost of the second phase of the construction of the Silver Line. Governor Bob McDonnell, Rep. Frank Wolfe, and former Congressman Tom Davis all oppose the construction of an underground station at Dulles Airport close to the terminal, which was approved by the MWAA Board. This has prompted them to propose increasing the number of Virginia representatives to the MWAA Board.<ref>{{cite news|title=LaHood offers to mediate Dulles Rail funding fight|first=Leah|last=Fabel|page=5|work=Washington Examiner|date=May 10, 2011}}</ref>

On Maryland Route 200: The tollway has not met initial traffic projections. During its first week of toll-free operations, it drew 30,000 vehicles per day. However, during the first week of May, the tollway drew 11,490 vehicles per day, which is much less than the 21,000 projected. As a result, the state is launching a $1.4 million advertising campaign to promote the new highway.<ref>{{cite news|title=ICC traffic increasing silightly; ad campaign aims to lure more|first=Kytja|last=Weir|work=Washington Examiner|date=May 10, 2011|page=10}}</ref>

Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 16:14, 11 May 2011 (UTC)

Warblington Castle[edit]

Symbol question.svg Hello! Your submission of Article at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and there still are some issues that may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) underneath your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know!

Symbol possible vote.svg The article is new enough (11 May 2011) and long enought (1678 prose charaters) and reads nicely. However, I would suggest that it mentions the castle's location in the script (Warblington Castle is near Langstone in Hampshire) rather than leave it in the footnotes. Regards, Philipjelley (talk) 22:10, 12 May 2011 (UTC)

DYK for Warblington Castle[edit]

The DYK project (nominate) 08:19, 20 May 2011 (UTC)


Arb Questions[edit]

Dear Geni: I have left six questions for you at: [1] Thanks Hawkeye7 (talk) 05:35, 21 May 2011 (UTC)

Removing postings from one's own user page[edit]

From the guideline Wikipedia:User pages:

Policy does not prohibit users, whether registered or unregistered users, from removing comments from their own talk pages, although archiving is preferred. The removal of material from a user page is normally taken to mean that the user has read and is aware of its contents. There is no need to keep them on display and usually users should not be forced to do so.

I am going, again, to delete your posting from my user talk page. Should you still think that it is appropriate to reinstate that posting, I would appreciate an explanation as to why the above guideline does not apply. -- John Broughton (♫♫) 14:57, 21 May 2011 (UTC)

I see. No idea how that happened, but I've made several mistakes recently, so I guess I'm not that surprised. Apologies for the inconvenience I caused. -- John Broughton (♫♫) 18:31, 21 May 2011 (UTC)

.ta listed at Redirects for discussion[edit]

An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect .ta. Since you had some involvement with the .ta redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion (if you have not already done so). Cybercobra (talk) 03:26, 22 May 2011 (UTC)

Boyce McDaniel[edit]

An earlier version of this article triggered the block as it was too close to the Cornell press release/obit. I have worked with User:Bilby to rephrase the offending materials. He is apparently busy with other things now. Would you have time to clear User:Racepacket/McDaniel so that I can move it into article space? Many thanks, Racepacket (talk) 22:56, 22 May 2011 (UTC)

Thank you for the clearance. The subpage has two edits by User:Bilby. May I cut and paste it into article space, or is a history merge necessary? If it is, could you help me, because I have never tried to do one myself. Again, many thanks for all of your efforts on my behalf. Racepacket (talk) 03:33, 24 May 2011 (UTC)
I left a note for Bilby, and got no response, so I guess it is not an issue for him either. I am going ahead with a copy paste move and the edit summary points back to the sandbox. Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 14:59, 26 May 2011 (UTC)

I have revised the Getty Research Institute article and moved it to User:Racepacket/Getty for your review. If you compare the baseline to the current version, you can see there is very little new prose. Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 12:05, 26 May 2011 (UTC)

Just a gentle reminder about User:Racepacket/Getty. Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 02:41, 31 May 2011 (UTC)

Thank you for reviewing the last of the Getty articles. I have now left a biography of Jaime Areizaga-Soto in User:Racepacket/Hynes Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 18:27, 2 June 2011 (UTC)

While I have your attention, would you be so kind as to review User:Racepacket/GSC which now has a version of Phillips Petroleum Co. v. Wisconsin? You can seee the changes made from the baseline. Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 04:55, 3 June 2011 (UTC)

The following changes to Getty Research Institute have been negotiated with my GA reviewer. If they meet your approval, I will add them to article space. Add a second paragraph to the lead:

With an estimated 1.3 million visitors per year, the trust operates one of the most visited museums in the United States. The trust also provides grants and training to other museums and cultural institutions. The trust has a library, publications program and visiting scholar program. The trust's conservation program is dedicated to advancing conservation practice through the creation and delivery of knowledge. However, since 2008, the trust has scaled back the scope of its activities in response to financial challenges.

Add to the start of the last paragraph:

The trust was hurt by the economic downturn following 2007 and has reduced its annual budget by 14%.

I would also add "down from $349 million in 2008." at the end of the last sentence.

I would add at the end of the budget cutting paragraph, "For example, GRI co-produced the Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals with the [[Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library]], but transferred that activity to [[Columbia University]] on July 1, 2009.<ref>{{cite web|url=http://library.columbia.edu/news/libraries/2009/20090701_averyindex.html|title=Avery Index Returns to Columbia University|publisher=Columbia University|date=July 1, 2009|accessdate=May 26, 2011}}</ref>" Racepacket (talk) 08:56, 3 June 2011 (UTC)

PNS Mehran[edit]

NW (Talk) 05:11, 24 May 2011 (UTC)

Attribution for Picture[edit]

Hello!

I would like to include your picture of a rotary evaporator (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rotavapor.jpg) in my poster for a science fair, and am unsure how to attribute it to you. Should I just say "Genji, wikipedia.org" as the attribution? Or would you prefer something else?

Thank you,
James — Preceding unsigned comment added by Jamesfav7 (talkcontribs) 01:36, 31 May 2011 (UTC)

Re your edit : Southsea Castle & Edward VI[edit]

Hi, are you sure this rates a mention on its own ? I feel that to be relevant to the article it needs to state why the King was there. As such it tells the reader nothing regards, Rod. Rcbutcher (talk) 07:11, 31 May 2011 (UTC)

Cleaning out the closets[edit]

I am trying to wrap up the Getty and Washington Metro projects. You have already cleared all of the Getty articles, but have three small changes above that came from the Getty Trust GA review. The GA reviewer has cleared the three small changes.

The last two Metro articles are in User:Racepacket/WMATA - Blue Line and User:Racepacket/Green - Green Line. I would appreciate clearance to move both into article space.

There are the other two articles I listed in the section above that are also awaiting clearance: User:Racepacket/GSC (Phillips v Wisconsin) and User:Racepacket/Hynes (Jaime Ariel Areizaga-Soto). I know this has been an imposition on you, and I deeply appreciate your help. Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 23:59, 3 June 2011 (UTC)

Many thanks for the Phillips v. Wisconsin clearance. Please don't forget that the GA reviewer and I are awaiting your verdict on the set of three changes set out in User_talk:Geni#Boyce_McDaniel above for the Getty Trust article. Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 17:51, 6 June 2011 (UTC)

This is the last one that I was working on: User:Racepacket/USOC. Many thanks for all of your help. Racepacket (talk) 02:04, 8 June 2011 (UTC)

I would very much appreciate whatever you can do to help me get these four article into article space. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Again many thanks for giving me the benefit of your time. Racepacket (talk) 19:23, 8 June 2011 (UTC)

Remaining:

Sorry to overload the system or any confusion. Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 10:35, 10 June 2011 (UTC)

Does this edit provide sufficient distance? None of the other sentences in the paragraph are identical. Thank you for all that you do. Racepacket (talk) 16:31, 10 June 2011 (UTC)

Just a reminder that I submitted a suggested fix as indicated above. Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 04:13, 12 June 2011 (UTC)
Sorry to press you for an answer, but I need your consent. Thanks, Racepacket (talk) 07:53, 13 June 2011 (UTC)

Proposed Image Deletion[edit]

A deletion discussion has just been created at Category talk:Unclassified Chemical Structures, which may involve one or more orphaned chemical structures, that has you user name in the upload history. Please feel free to add your comments.  Ronhjones  (Talk) 22:53, 10 June 2011 (UTC)

Sun and Planet gear[edit]

Hey dude! You deleted my picture! WTF!!!!

(Good call, the new one is much clearer. Thanks) Andy Dingley (talk) 09:11, 2 July 2011 (UTC)

Talkback[edit]

Nuvola apps edu languages.svg
Hello, Geni. You have new messages at Mabdul's talk page.
Message added 20:33, 27 July 2011 (UTC). You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

mabdul 20:33, 27 July 2011 (UTC)

Spirops Page[edit]

Hey man, i just saw that you deleted My Company page (SpirOps) http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=SpirOps. You're right it wasn't update it since ever and the content wasn't up to wikipedia standards. I'm currently working on our pages on wikipedia (French and english). Feel free to make any changes if you want, just bare with me for couple of days as I'm updating it.
Thanx Ahmad_84 (talk)

Small world[edit]

That name and canal picture seems familiar from JREF! Nick Cooper (talk) 08:38, 9 August 2011 (UTC)

A kitten for you![edit]

Kitten in a helmet.jpg

For the huricane link on IRC!

とある白い猫 chi? 01:28, 28 August 2011 (UTC)

Nomination for deletion of Template:Copyrightontalkpage[edit]

Ambox warning pn.svgTemplate:Copyrightontalkpage has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. — This, that, and the other (talk) 00:59, 3 September 2011 (UTC)

AfD[edit]

Please see: Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Armoured busKitfoxxe (talk) 05:49, 9 September 2011 (UTC)

Consensus at List of castles in England[edit]

Orphaned non-free image File:Kaarebluitgenmohammedbookcov.jpg[edit]

⚠

Thanks for uploading File:Kaarebluitgenmohammedbookcov.jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).

Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described in the criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. Skier Dude (talk) 20:48, 22 September 2011 (UTC)

The problem is that the image is being used only as window dressing, there is no critical commentary specific to the book itself... non-free image policy says that it's got to have some link to the article, which simply isn't present. I've removed it again - please do not restore it unless it is in policy WP:Non-free content/WP:NFC#UUI (#6 & 9) policy. Skier Dude (talk) 21:01, 22 September 2011 (UTC)
I've re-ordered the article to make it clear that the image is linked to the text (thus clearly in line with NFC#6). I think that the Fair Use rationale might need to be updated to make this clear as well. Skier Dude (talk) 21:12, 22 September 2011 (UTC)

Talkback[edit]

Nuvola apps edu languages.svg
Hello, Geni. You have new messages at Mabdul's talk page.
Message added 09:22, 23 September 2011 (UTC). You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

mabdul 09:22, 23 September 2011 (UTC)

Quick video help for WMUK[edit]

Somebody suggested you might be able to help with this for the CC application submission, or maybe suggest someone else who can. We would like to use a couple of clips from the Jimmy Wales Bristol speech in January in our next submission to the CC, but that the whole thing is a) too long at 1hr 20 mins& b) talks about some things we don't want to go into. There is a 6 min version, on Commons I think, but this doesn't have some of what we want.

Is there anyone able to extract short clips from this. From 1.01.10 to the next question, then from 1.09.15 until the next one. Just 2-3 mins each. Then get them up on probably You Tube, so I can link to them in the letter? I don't know the copyright status, so I think Commons is out.

This is needed by Sunday. Please contact me if you can help, Thanks, Johnbod (talk) 01:48, 25 September 2011 (UTC)

Thanks for the comment Im new and just trying to write the beginning of a paper for my psychology class Dazie71 (talk) 20:10, 2 October 2011 (UTC) I kinda thought that too but I found this subject under the requested pages section. Also this is only 2 sentences into my paper and the direction I was going into was not stictly the Hierarchy of Needs but the characteristics of self actualized people. All that was due was a first few sentences of my paper on a subject I MIGHT be choosing so please try to cut me some slackDazie71 (talk) 21:13, 2 October 2011 (UTC)

contribs) 20:56, 2 October 2011 (UTC) 

Stevengraph...[edit]

Good to see you the other day at the museum. Quick question if I may... when we were looking at the Stevengraphs (the woven silk bookmarks), did you happen to get any photos of them? I was going to write up a quick article on them, but can't remember who photo'd them... Cheers! Hchc2009 (talk) 05:56, 3 October 2011 (UTC)

New Page Patrol survey[edit]

NPPbarnstar.jpg

New page patrol – Survey Invitation


Hello Geni! The WMF is currently developing new tools to make new page patrolling much easier. Whether you have patrolled many pages or only a few, we now need to know about your experience. The survey takes only 6 minutes, and the information you provide will not be shared with third parties other than to assist us in analyzing the results of the survey; the WMF will not use the information to identify you.

  • If this invitation also appears on other accounts you may have, please complete the survey once only.
  • If this has been sent to you in error and you have never patrolled new pages, please ignore it.

Please click HERE to take part.
Many thanks in advance for providing this essential feedback.


You are receiving this invitation because you have patrolled new pages. For more information, please see NPP Survey

File:Andy Council M-Shed Bristol.jpg[edit]

Thanks for your message re above file. Do you mean it's a derivative of the mural in the photo? Or a derivative of the photo by Steve Lacey? This is news to me, the picture doesn't have a 'No Derivatives' CC license. By all means leave an explanation on my Talk page if you don't want yours clogging up :) Sionk (talk) 02:03, 11 November 2011 (UTC)

ArbCom election 2011[edit]

Thank you for nominating yourself and for setting up most of your candidate-related pages already. Can you please do me a favor and check the information for the "Geni" row on the table at the Wikipedia:Arbitration_Committee_Elections_December_2011/Candidates/Guide page? I don't have all the answers, so it would be helpful if you could fill in the blanks. Good luck. --Michaeldsuarez (talk) 20:31, 15 November 2011 (UTC)

Thanks for your help. Regarding the alts, the goal is transparency. How many of these accounts are there? Ideally, I would like to list them all, but if there are more than 15, then I'll ask the other election coordinators at Wikipedia talk:Arbitration Committee Elections December 2011/Coordination about whether listing them all is necessary. --Michaeldsuarez (talk) 21:39, 15 November 2011 (UTC)
[2], [3] – Can you please provide a list of accounts that have made revisions? Sorry for the trouble. --Michaeldsuarez (talk) 13:55, 16 November 2011 (UTC)
Addendum: [4] – Don't worry about the word limit in your statement. Can you please add all the accounts that have made edits to that statement. --Michaeldsuarez (talk) 16:30, 16 November 2011 (UTC)

Pursuant to the eligibility criteria for all nominations, in the section outlining what statements must include, section iv:
(iv) include a disclosure of all prior and alternate accounts or confirmation that all such accounts have been declared to the Arbitration Committee;
You need to list your accounts to stand as a candidate, although I do understand that this could be a very exhaustive list that would not fit in 400 words. Maybe a link to a page like mine would be more appropriate? For the Arbitration Committee Elections 2011 Coordinators, -- DQ (t) (e) 18:50, 16 November 2011 (UTC)

Can you please do one more thing? You need to state on your statement your intentions to identify yourself with the WMF per wmf:Access_to_nonpublic_data_policy if elected. If you've already identified yourself to them, then you need to provide a link / diff that verify that. --Michaeldsuarez (talk) 12:58, 17 November 2011 (UTC)
Sorry. My mistake. --Michaeldsuarez (talk) 13:21, 17 November 2011 (UTC)

Dear Geni, thank you for nominating yourself as a candidate in the 2011 Arbitration Committee elections. On behalf of the coordinators, allow me to welcome you to the elections and make a few suggestions to help you get set up. By now, you ought to have written your nomination statement, which should be no more than 400 words. Although there are no fixed guidelines for how to write a statement, note that many candidates treat this as an opportunity, in their own way, to put a cogent case as to why editors should vote for them—highlighting the strengths they would bring to the job, and convincing the community they would cope with the workload and responsibilities of being an arbitrator.

In order for your candidacy to be valid, your nomination statement must also include a declaration of any alternate or former user accounts you have contributed under (or, in the case of privacy concerns, a declaration that you have disclosed them to the Arbitration Committee), and must express your willingness and ability to meet the Wikimedia Foundation's access to nonpublic data policy.

You should at this point have your own questions subpage; feel free to begin answering the questions as you please. Together, the nomination statement and questions subpage should be transcluded to your candidate profile, whose talkpage will serve as the central location for discussion of your candidacy. If you experience any difficulty setting up these pages, please follow the links in the footer below. If you need assistance, on this or any other matter (including objectionable questions or commentary by others on your candidate pages), please notify the coordinators at their talkpage. If you have followed these instructions correctly, congratulations, you are now officially a candidate for the Arbitration Committee. Good luck! -- DQ (t) (e) 06:03, 18 November 2011 (UTC)

Please excuse some of the stuff above you have already done, this is just the welcome template. -- DQ (t) (e) 06:03, 18 November 2011 (UTC)

Community discussion[edit]

Hullo Geni, sorry about this bureaucracy, but your (perfectly understandable) hazy memory of alternate account usage in times gone by has put us in a bit of a bind vis a vis the rules for candidates. I've opened up a discussion here to get the community's read on it; you may wish to keep an eye on it/comment. Regards, Skomorokh 12:24, 18 November 2011 (UTC)

So after a week without anyone calling for your head, it looks like you're in the clear, candidacy-wise. Best of luck, Skomorokh 12:28, 24 November 2011 (UTC)

DYK for Siege of Portsmouth[edit]

PanydThe muffin is not subtle 08:03, 17 November 2011 (UTC)

Talkback[edit]

Nuvola apps edu languages.svg
Hello, Geni. You have new messages at Train2104's talk page.
Message added 01:40, 22 November 2011 (UTC). You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

— Train2104 (talk • contribs • count) 01:40, 22 November 2011 (UTC)

Ballyneety, County Limerick[edit]

Is it possible to restore this article? It's deletion was raised here. I can be fairly sure that if restored it will be scrutinised and re-edited to conform with best practice. Regards. RashersTierney (talk) 19:04, 26 November 2011 (UTC)

Support that. It is most unusual to delete an article about a human habitation because you suspect some of the content. Applying that standard, I could delete half the articles on Wikipedia! Sarah777 (talk) 19:43, 26 November 2011 (UTC)
I also support the restoration of the article. It is a legitimate place with an entry in the official Irish government website, the Placenames Database of Ireland, and it also appears in Google Maps. A few people are discussing recreating the article and it would save a lot of unnecessary work if the original could be restored so it can be cleaned up. Thank you. — O'Dea (talk) 15:38, 5 December 2011 (UTC)
It would save no work at all since the whole thing would have to be fact checked word by word.©Geni 23:09, 5 December 2011 (UTC)

Concerning the Arbitration Committee Elections[edit]

Geni,

As a candidate for the Arbitration Committee elections, please be aware that your name has been entered into the SecurePoll ballot and can no longer be removed barring the most dire of emergencies and direct manipulation of the database. While you may still withdraw from the election, your name will not be removed from the ballot, but only struck through. If you have any further questions on the process, feel free to contact myself, the other election administrators, or the election coordinators. --Tznkai (talk), 2011 Arbitration Committee Election Administrator. 21:18, 26 November 2011 (UTC)

Your revert of my edit[edit]

Hi Geni. I assume your revert of my edit here was inadvertant? Notice that I restored most) of the IPs edits, which seemed ok to me, sans the BC -> BCE date era change. Paul August 22:54, 10 December 2011 (UTC)

Portchester Castle[edit]

I just wanted to say thanks for adding your photo of the keep to the article, the old one didn't look quite right and yours is far superior. Nev1 (talk) 20:20, 7 January 2012 (UTC)

Request for evidence at Wikipedia talk:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Civility enforcement/Evidence[edit]

As you blocked Malleus in 2011, would you please respond to Wikipedia talk:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Civility enforcement/Evidence#Requests for further evidence - Collaborative evidence collectionrcement/Evidence. Thank you. Dougweller (talk) 09:06, 9 January 2012 (UTC)

Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Civility enforcement/Evidence/Blocks[edit]

In the course of an ongoing case, the Arbitration Committee has decided to collect all relevant information regarding Malleus Fatuorum's block log and, as such, has created a table of all blocks, which can be found here. Since you either blocked or unblocked Malleus Fatuorum, you are welcome to comment, if you wish. Salvio Let's talk about it! 13:56, 9 January 2012 (UTC)

Thx[edit]

Is the table fact on the Kymin article as well? Victuallers (talk) 11:14, 22 January 2012 (UTC)

Wikipedia:Requests for comment/Fæ[edit]

A request for comments has been opened on administrator User:Fæ. You are being notified due to your prior participation in ANI, RfA, or RfC discussions regarding this user. Thank you, MadmanBot (talk) 20:00, 28 January 2012 (UTC)

A barnstar for you![edit]

Original Barnstar Hires.png The Original Barnstar
Thank you for taking over from me with helping somebody on IRC. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. --Sp33dyphil ©hatontributions 10:29, 5 February 2012 (UTC)

Image[edit]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:WilliamEdwinHarvey.jpg ℱorƬheℒoveofℬacon 15:17, 5 February 2012 (UTC)

MSU Interview[edit]

Dear Geni,


My name is Jonathan Obar user:Jaobar, I'm a professor in the College of Communication Arts and Sciences at Michigan State University and a Teaching Fellow with the Wikimedia Foundation's Education Program. This semester I've been running a little experiment at MSU, a class where we teach students about becoming Wikipedia administrators. Not a lot is known about your community, and our students (who are fascinated by wiki-culture by the way!) want to learn how you do what you do, and why you do it. A while back I proposed this idea (the class) to the community HERE, were it was met mainly with positive feedback. Anyhow, I'd like my students to speak with a few administrators to get a sense of admin experiences, training, motivations, likes, dislikes, etc. We were wondering if you'd be interested in speaking with one of our students.


So a few things about the interviews:

  • Interviews will last between 15 and 30 minutes.
  • Interviews can be conducted over skype (preferred), IRC or email. (You choose the form of communication based upon your comfort level, time, etc.)
  • All interviews will be completely anonymous, meaning that you (real name and/or pseudonym) will never be identified in any of our materials, unless you give the interviewer permission to do so.
  • All interviews will be completely voluntary. You are under no obligation to say yes to an interview, and can say no and stop or leave the interview at any time.
  • The entire interview process is being overseen by MSU's institutional review board (ethics review). This means that all questions have been approved by the university and all students have been trained how to conduct interviews ethically and properly.


Bottom line is that we really need your help, and would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you. If interested, please send me an email at obar@msu.edu (to maintain anonymity) and I will add your name to my offline contact list. If you feel comfortable doing so, you can post your name HERE instead.

If you have questions or concerns at any time, feel free to email me at obar@msu.edu. I will be more than happy to speak with you.

Thanks in advance for your help. We have a lot to learn from you.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Obar --Jaobar (talk) 19:31, 9 February 2012 (UTC)

My honour and pleasure:[edit]

Original Barnstar.png The Original Barnstar
For particularly creative, devoted work in improving articles, even beautifying them. --Djathinkimacowboy 07:33, 10 February 2012 (UTC)

RainbowDash / Futtershy and an unsuccessful ArbCom candidate[edit]

[5], [6] – Out of curiosity, are you the unsuccessful ArbCom candidate mentioned in these diff's? --Michaeldsuarez (talk) 16:29, 16 February 2012 (UTC)

It is my pleasure:[edit]

Editors Barnstar.png The Editor's Barnstar
For some classy editing at Ring (jewellery)--Djathinkimacowboy 20:13, 27 February 2012 (UTC)

DYK for Fort Widley[edit]

The DYK project (nominate) 16:03, 2 March 2012 (UTC)

of rings[edit]

Geni, I follow your reasoning[7] but you cannot arbitrarily remove what you want just because it is not a finger ring. This article is Ring (jewellery), not "Finger-ring". Nowhere in that title is the word "finger", and just because it is in the lead does not make the whole article only about finger rings. You cannot remove ring jewellery just because you want. "Too meta" is no excuse to delete content. Also, you cannot keep communicating only by edit summaries. Come to the article's talk page and discuss- or any additional such changes will be viewed as edit warring.—Djathinkimacowboy 03:05, 4 March 2012 (UTC)

Geni, I have a compromise about the suggestions you made. But I came to warn you not to leave unsigned posts as you did here[8]. That is subject to deletion per WP rules from talk pages.—Djathinkimacowboy 03:45, 4 March 2012 (UTC)

Disambiguation link notification for March 5[edit]

Hi. When you recently edited Ring (jewellery), you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Intaglio (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.

It's OK to remove this message. Also, to stop receiving these messages, follow these opt-out instructions. Thanks, DPL bot (talk) 09:52, 5 March 2012 (UTC)

Heads-up[edit]

Mail-message-new.svg
Hello, Geni. Please check your email – you've got mail!
It may take a few minutes from the time the email is sent for it to show up in your inbox. You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{You've got mail}} or {{YGM}} template.

Skomorokh 18:06, 8 March 2012 (UTC)

File:64px-Stop handflash.gif listed for deletion[edit]

A file that you uploaded or altered, File:64px-Stop handflash.gif, has been listed at Wikipedia:Files for deletion. Please see the discussion to see why this is (you may have to search for the title of the image to find its entry), if you are interested in it not being deleted. Thank you. Cloudbound (talk) 01:50, 11 March 2012 (UTC)

Being Gentler to Newbies[edit]

Hello, I am the Wikipedia Regional Ambassador for New EnglandI've noticed that you have been involved in administration of some of the pages that students from that domain have been creating and editing. I would like to politely ask that perhaps some gentler and more welcoming tact could be used, even if you must take action on their articles for policy non-compliance. The Professors and other Campus Ambassadors certainly do their best to explain all policies beforehand, but not every student - like most new editors - get's it right the first time. The Education Program has been very successful in creating lasting editors, between 5-10% of students go on to be willing editors in their own right after they finish the program, which is significantly higher than the editor/readership ratio. Please then help us to further our joint mission of increasing editorship by trying not not biting the newbies, but perhaps guiding them. Maximilianklein (talk) 04:38, 13 March 2012 (UTC) P.S. I think your comment of user:Debaser42 "I think the students could do with a little more guidance." is an unfair and uncalled for judgement on his teaching skills.

Merge proposals[edit]

Hi Geni. Just a note to let you know that you didn't create a merge discussion at the destination pages when you tagged Gender representation in video games and Media Education for merging. I've started discussions for both of these; if you'd like to contribute they are at Talk:Portrayal of women in video games and Talk:Media studies respectively. Yunshui  09:46, 15 March 2012 (UTC)

George Street, Edinburgh[edit]

Hey, it seems you deleted a whole page today. I agree that there are some similarities between your cited webpage and the 'Notable buildings' section that doesn't mean that the whole page needed to be deleted!

I agree that the copyrighted section should be removed so it can be re-written that page should still exist!

Thoughts? NotMiserable (talk) 12:49, 16 March 2012 (UTC)

So does that mean the whole page needs re-written? I'm unfamiliar with how to rectify the situation! NotMiserable (talk) 13:29, 17 March 2012 (UTC)
Sorry to be a pain, but should it be okay for my to re-write this page? I would be happy to do so, ensuring that there are no copyright violations. I just want to make sure, would be disappointing if it was taken down again. NotMiserable (talk) 20:59, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for getting back to me. I'll have a go at a complete re-write then! NotMiserable (talk) 20:59, 21 March 2012 (UTC)

The Brass Rat wants support[edit]

If you please, I'd like your input on this[9] issue. I have made no reversions as I am presently not allowed to revert at all: 0RR. But this is ridiculous and it is unfounded. Also, a note: I plan to take this issue to DRN so we may have it resolved. If you do not wish to be named as an involved party I'll respect that, so please either input or let me know you wish not to input, OK? It's becoming an unnecessarily hot-button thing at that article and I can't for the life of me see what anyone has against this ring being listed. It is significant per se, and that is all the qualification it requires here. Yet two IPs in the last few weeks keep tampering with the entry and with no other entry.—Djathinkimacowboy 17:17, 19 March 2012 (UTC)

Hello. This message is being sent to inform you that there is currently a discussion at Wikipedia:Dispute resolution noticeboard regarding an issue with which you may have been involved. The thread is "Ring (jewellery)". Thank you.--I've gone and started this to see if a quick resolution can be had ... which I doubt. You may appear there, remove your name from the involved list and post a comment that you do not wish to be involved. Either way, you won't be expected to do anything really, unless you have a viewpoint to insert.—Djathinkimacowboy 17:50, 19 March 2012 (UTC)

A kitten for you![edit]

Iris cat.jpg
3

LargeVirus (talk) 16:52, 25 March 2012 (UTC)


Hi Geni, thanks for the feedback! In order to make my page available for peer reviewing, I had to move it to the main page again. I'm trying to make my article more cohesive, as well as trying to brainstorm a new title. Chalbeis (talk) 13:35, 26 March 2012 (UTC)

Media Depictions of Body Shape[edit]

Hi Geni. I just wanted to ask you why you merged my article Media Depictions of Body Shape with Body image. I don't believe my that depictions are the same as media influence so I reverted the changes. But I was wondering if there was a way I could alter my article so this doesn't happen again. Thank you! (Channinged5 (talk) 13:09, 4 April 2012 (UTC))

Good call[edit]

Good block. Jenks24 (talk) 07:25, 6 April 2012 (UTC)

Help[edit]

Hi there, sorry for bothering you. I messed up some page after a wrong attempt to move them. If possible, please revert all my edits concerning the following pages (and related talk pages): René Benoît (this one must be deleted, its creation it's just an error of mine); René Belbenoit and René Belbenoît (the first must be a redirect to the latter). Thanks in advance. --Ebdòmero (talk) 18:15, 23 April 2012 (UTC)

To my great disappointment I am forced to renew my invite to solve the question I put above. Currently on Wikipedia there is a page named wrongly and this situation must be fixed as quick as possible. I really hope I have not to address my request to somebody else. Greetings. --Ebdòmero (talk) 12:02, 26 April 2012 (UTC)
René Benoît must be deleted and the page must be under the name René Belbenoît; René Belbenoit (without "î") should be a redirect to René Belbenoît (with "î"). If further explainations are needed, don't hesitate to contact me. --Ebdòmero (talk) 10:10, 27 April 2012 (UTC)

Meetup[edit]

Hi Geni, yes I'll most likely be there tomorrow. Would be great to see you if you can make it. The Fitzwilliam is very good but it only opens at 12 on Sundays. There are quite a few others you might want to check out also. http://www.visitcambridge.org/VisitCambridge/Category.aspx?ix=2&ppid=1101 the wub "?!" 17:34, 19 May 2012 (UTC)

I'll likely be there, too. :) Acalamari 21:59, 19 May 2012 (UTC)
YGM! Also note [10]. Cheers, JN466 07:22, 21 May 2012 (UTC)

WWI Editathon[edit]

Hi,

Just to let you know we've finalised the list of academics who'll be attending the World War I editathon next month, along with their areas of specialisation. If any of these are topics you'd be particularly interested in collaborating on, or you want to suggest articles in those fields that need work, please do make a note on the page - it'd be great if we could have some suggested topics ready in advance.

Any questions, do let me know... Andrew Gray (talk) 13:54, 22 May 2012 (UTC)

Nomination for deletion of Template:Non-free Philippines government[edit]

Ambox warning pn.svgTemplate:Non-free Philippines government has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. Stefan2 (talk) 23:52, 6 June 2012 (UTC)

SP suggestion[edit]

moin Geni, thanks for your suggestion. i had a look at it as well and right now i'm thinking of running it as n&n's lead one. i haven't seen a lot of external headlines covering it but its obviously something to be looked at, best regards --Jan eissfeldt (talk) 13:53, 10 June 2012 (UTC)

New trouble on Commons or hopefully not?[edit]

Dear Geni,

I'm writing this to you because you were very engaged in the matter with Beta M (I hope I've chosen the right words here, I'm not a native English speaker), so I think I can trust on you. I'm a relatively new (ca. one and a half month) user on Commons, and one of my activities there is to check and optionally correct copyright tags. This night I controlled commons:Category:Paintings by Max Liebermann and so I found this one (commons:File:Liebermann - Ins Schwimmbad.JPG). Well, I don't think that this one is really problematic but it's sorted in commons:Category:Paintings_of_nude_boys and such a category name must not exist there, I mean you know why. And some of the related "paintings" should be deleted (speedily), but without much fuss (Streisand effect!). I think, you'll do the right.

Yours sincerely, --IusticiaBY (talk) 00:01, 30 June 2012 (UTC)

PS: And there are other similar categories with similar files of this atrocious subject area.--IusticiaBY (talk) 00:12, 30 June 2012 (UTC)

Wales motto[edit]

Remind me - where was the last discussion we had about that? I know it's somewhere, but can't find it in the talk page archives. Ghmyrtle (talk) 07:51, 10 July 2012 (UTC)

Thanks - the archive box at the top of the talk page hadn't been updated to include those comments. Now done. Ghmyrtle (talk) 08:20, 10 July 2012 (UTC)

Wikimapia[edit]

Courtesy notifcation as you appear to have been involved in a previous disscusion on this.

See also my talk page and recent contributions... Sfan00 IMG (talk) 14:18, 12 July 2012 (UTC)

Your free 1-year HighBeam Research account is approved![edit]

Good news! You are approved for access to 80 million articles in 6500 publications through HighBeam Research.

  • The 1-year, free period begins when you enter the code you were emailed. If you did not receive a code, email wikiocaasi@yahoo.com your Wikipedia username.
  • To activate your account: 1) Go to http://www.highbeam.com/prof1
  • If you need assistance, email or ask User:Ocaasi. Please, per HighBeam's request, do not call the toll-free number for assistance with registration.
  • A quick reminder about using the account: 1) try it out; 2) provide original citation information, in addition to linking to a HighBeam article; 3) avoid bare links to non-free HighBeam pages; 4) note "(subscription required)" in the citation, where appropriate. Examples are at WP:HighBeam/Citations.
  • HighBeam would love to hear feedback at WP:HighBeam/Experiences
  • Show off your HighBeam access by placing {{User:Ocaasi/highbeam_userbox}} on your userpage
  • When the 1-year period is up, check applications page to see if renewal is possible. We hope it will be.

Thanks for helping make Wikipedia better. Enjoy your research! Cheers, Ocaasi 15:28, 30 August 2012 (UTC)

Your free 1-year Questia online library account is approved ready[edit]

Good news! You are approved for access to 77,000 full-text books and 4 million journal, magazine, newspaper articles, and encyclopedia entries. Check your Wikipedia email!

  1. Go to https://www.questia.com/specialoffer
  2. Input your unique Offer ID and Promotional code. Click Continue. (Note that the activation codes are one-time use only and are case-sensitive).
  3. Create your account by entering the requested information. (This is private and no one from Wikipedia will see it).
  4. You'll then see the welcome page with your Login ID. (The account is now active for 1 year).

If you need help, please first ask Ocaasi at wikiocaasi@yahoo.com and, second, email QuestiaHelp@cengage.com along with your Offer ID and Promotional Code (subject: Wikipedia).

  • A quick reminder about using the account: 1) try it out; 2) provide original citation information, in addition to linking to a Questia article; 3) avoid bare links to non-free Questia pages; 4) note "(subscription required)" in the citation, where appropriate. Examples are at WP:Questia/Citations.
  • Questia would love to hear feedback at WP:Questia/Experiences
  • Show off your Questia access by placing {{User:Ocaasi/Questia_userbox}} on your userpage
  • When the 1-year period is up, check the applications page to see if renewal is possible. We hope it will be.

Thanks for helping make Wikipedia better. Enjoy your research! Cheers, Ocaasi EdwardsBot (talk) 05:05, 19 September 2012 (UTC)

Reading Wikimeet 2[edit]

Set for 18 Nov in order not to conflict with London. (Next mid Jan?) Philafrenzy (talk) 22:22, 23 September 2012 (UTC)

Disambiguation link notification for October 13[edit]

Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Stafford Castle, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Norman (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.

It's OK to remove this message. Also, to stop receiving these messages, follow these opt-out instructions. Thanks, DPL bot (talk) 11:38, 13 October 2012 (UTC)

POTD notification[edit]

Hi Geni,

Just to let you know that the Featured Picture File:Seagate ST33232A hard disk inner view.jpg is due to make an appearance as Picture of the Day on October 23, 2012. If you get a chance, you can check and improve the caption at Template:POTD/2012-10-23. howcheng {chat} 19:10, 22 October 2012 (UTC)

Caroline Elkins[edit]

Caroline Elkins, and its pertinent section needs expansion, but do you think I have done enough to enable us to dispense with POV tag on the criticism section? How neutral do you rate yourself on this topic, Mau Mau I mean? FlutteringCarp (talk) 18:37, 13 November 2012 (UTC)

Third Reading Wiki Meetup[edit]

You are invited to the third Reading Wiki Meetup which will take place at The Hope Tap, 99-105 Friar Street, Reading RG1 1EP on Sunday 20 January 2013 from 1.00 pm. If you have never been to one, this is an opportunity to meet other Wikipedians in an informal atmosphere for Wiki and non-Wiki related chat and for beer or food if you like. Experienced and new contributors are all welcome. This event is definitely not restricted just to discussion of Berkshire related topics. Bring your laptop if you like and use the free Wifi or just bring yourself. Even better, bring a friend! Click the link for full details. Looking forward to seeing you. Philafrenzy (talk) 02:54, 19 November 2012 (UTC)

Cs blue[edit]

Hello, thank you for the provided info. Could you please provide also one link to possibly most recent case of a person turning blue following the use of colloidal silver? That should not be homemade or binded with protein. And be around ten to thirty ppm. Like what is being normally sold nowdays around the world. Ryanspir (talk) 14:57, 31 December 2012 (UTC)ryanspir

reminder[edit]

kindly reply. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ryanspir (talkcontribs) 15:17, 5 January 2013 (UTC)

ten to thirty ppm[edit]

So because neither of us nor other editors could find any such cases i'll be inclined to assume that there are none for such concentrations. These concentrations are being sold in gnc shops, internet, etc, for more than ten years. So i would expect to see many such published cases. what is your opinion please? Ryanspir (talk) 17:49, 6 January 2013 (UTC)

Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Mute swan[edit]

Mute Swan Emsworth2.JPG
An image created by you has been promoted to featured picture status
Your image, File:Mute Swan Emsworth2.JPG, was nominated on Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates, gained a consensus of support, and has been promoted. If you would like to nominate an image, please do so at Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates. Thank you for your contribution! Armbrust The Homunculus 03:55, 15 January 2013 (UTC)

An image you uploaded[edit]

Howdy. Would I be correct to assume that you created File:Replace this image1.svg? The reason I ask it because it does not appear to currently have a license or a source. The file is fully protected also.--Rockfang (talk) 04:41, 30 January 2013 (UTC)

Deepwater Horizon oil spill[edit]

Hi, Geni. Some time ago you had a discussion concerning citing Riki Ott at the Deepwater Horizon oil spill article. In the meantime, the health section of this article was split-off to Health consequences of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Could you please check both articles if these issues are resolved? Thank you. Beagel (talk) 22:29, 11 February 2013 (UTC)

A barnstar for you![edit]

Barnstar of Reversion Hires.png The Anti-Vandalism Barnstar
I was about to put a deletion tag on a page that was just vandalism, but you beat me to it. Thank you for helping me with that. Welcome to HorrorLand, where nightmares come to life! [[User:Horrifico]] ([[User talk:Horrifico|talk]]) (talk) 22:59, 11 February 2013 (UTC)

Trieste[edit]

I'm sorry, but you're acting irrationally over the Free Territory of Trieste matter. Either you can demonstrate that the Free Territory has been dissolved, or there's no point in going on.

As a matter of fact, both the 1954 memorandum and the Osimo treaty haven't. Therefore, unless new elements are shown, present tense remains appropriate (please, read the sources on the page!). 89.143.112.161 (talk) 20:43, 27 February 2013 (UTC)

I have already adressed this on the article talk page.©Geni 20:53, 27 February 2013 (UTC)
Hey Geni, you're dealing with a known sockfarm based upon a sort of meatpuppeting by a certain "cultural circle" in Triste. I've just opened a SPI. Basing on SPI results I'll decide how many accounts should I globally lock: honestly I'm quite bored of the ridiculous pov-pushing they have been doing since 2008. So I think you can "assume bad faith" on TLT's talkpage ;)
See you!--Vituzzu (talk) 14:21, 8 March 2013 (UTC)

Requested move: Alternative medicine → Complementary and alternative medicine[edit]

Request initiated for the article Alternative medicine to be moved to Complementary and alternative medicine. I'm notifying you as major contributor to the article. Relevant talk page discussion found here. FiachraByrne (talk) 02:56, 6 March 2013 (UTC)

Is there a 'not' missing[edit]

in "Autopatrolled does really apply any benefits to the user it is applied to."? I assume so. Dougweller (talk) 10:51, 23 March 2013 (UTC)

Healy[edit]

Nuvola apps edu languages.svg
Hello, Geni. You have new messages at DoctorJoeE's talk page.
You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.
Nuvola apps edu languages.svg
Hello, Geni. You have new messages at DoctorJoeE's talk page.
You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.
Nuvola apps edu languages.svg
Hello, Geni. You have new messages at DoctorJoeE's talk page.
You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

I like you.[edit]

Kitten-stare.jpg

Your pretty, and your 1000th edit was on my birthday.

James Ace (talk) 18:34, 7 May 2013 (UTC)

Ted Healy[edit]

I've rewritten the section; please let me know what you think. Actually the whole article needs beaucoup work, which I just don't have time for at the moment, but it'll happen, eventually. Cheers, DoctorJoeE review transgressions/talk to me! 20:30, 8 May 2013 (UTC)

UK Wikimedian of the Year 2013/Nominations[edit]

The Wikimedia UK AGM will be held in June, and nominations for the UK Wikimedian of the Year are currently open. If there is someone who you feel has made an important contribution to the UK Wikimedia movement in the last year please go ahead and nominate them here by 09:00 (BST) on Monday 20th May at the latest. Richard Nevell (WMUK) (talk) 13:22, 17 May 2013 (UTC)

Kiefer.Wolfowitz' block[edit]

You're wheel-warring with me, Geni. And why did you even bother to block the e-mail? As far as I can see, he doesn't have e-mail enabled in the first place. I wasn't aware of that, but discovered it when I tried to e-mail him to say that I'd restored it. (See, I preferred to do that by e-mail since posting "openly" on KW's bedlam of a page means being moved around, recombined, re-headlined, deleted, collapsed, or any combination of them, and I don't fancy it.) You know you're not supposed to wheel-war, right? Bishonen | talk 12:34, 20 June 2013 (UTC).

Jumping Humpback whale.jpg


Smash!

You've been squished by a whale!
Don't take this too seriously. Someone just wants to let you know you did something really silly.

^ I'm sure you knew that was coming. Lukeno94 (tell Luke off here) 16:27, 20 June 2013 (UTC)

  • Not sure the whale was needed. It was a mistake, KW accepts it as such, the community spoke out, it was quickly corrected, Geni accepted it in the end, the system worked. I chose to apologize in a bold and obvious way when I make a bad block (just did one today), but I'm not going to labor it. Dennis Brown |  | © | WER 01:36, 21 June 2013 (UTC)
    A whale was not needed, particularly as whales are endangered: Some editions of Thomas and Finney don't have "whales" in its index. "Trouts" are also superfluous, being stereotypical: Better to write from the heart.
    "Accepting it as a mistake" is euphemism. If an administrator cannot get support for blocking me from Automatic Strikeout & co., then a review of blocking policy is in order. Kiefer.Wolfowitz 11:41, 25 June 2013 (UTC)
    Actually, I was being literal and based my assumption on [11]. Dennis Brown |  | © | WER 12:02, 25 June 2013 (UTC)
You will be pleased to know that the Humpback whale is not endangered in keeping with wikipedia practice of environmentally responsible clue adjustment.Geni (talk) 16:20, 25 June 2013 (UTC)

copyfraud[edit]

Hi Geni

I know about the claiming of rights over images at the museum (I missed these but have spotted many others), I'm preparing a report on the value of open licensing images why it's a very bad idea to do copyfraud. If you spot any you would like to be on commons please add them to the list.

Cheers

--Mrjohncummings (talk) 19:41, 23 June 2013 (UTC)

talkback[edit]

Nuvola apps edu languages.svg
Hello, Geni. You have new messages at Mrjohncummings's talk page.
You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

Wolf Messing[edit]

You proposed a source by Alexandra Nagel which you stated was reliable. The problem with this source is that it is just an internet publication. In the past these kind of sources have been rejected in mediation in which I was involved (regarding Sathya Sai Baba). The website seems down this evening, btw. Andries (talk) 22:03, 28 June 2013 (UTC) Some of her articles have been published in journals, but not this one. Andries (talk) 22:06, 28 June 2013 (UTC)

Arbcom filing notification[edit]

You are involved in a recently filed request for arbitration. Please review the request at Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests#Offsite comments and personal attacks and, if you wish to do so, enter your statement and any other material you wish to submit to the Arbitration Committee. Additionally, the following resources may be of use—

Thanks, Mark Arsten (talk) 23:26, 5 July 2013 (UTC)

Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Kiefer.Wolfowitz and Ironholds opened[edit]

You recently offered a statement in a request for arbitration. The Arbitration Committee has accepted that request for arbitration and an arbitration case has been opened at Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Kiefer.Wolfowitz and Ironholds. Evidence that you wish the arbitrators to consider should be added to the evidence subpage, at Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Kiefer.Wolfowitz and Ironholds/Evidence. Please add your evidence by July 26, 2013, which is when the evidence phase closes. You can also contribute to the case workshop subpage, Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Kiefer.Wolfowitz and Ironholds/Workshop. For a guide to the arbitration process, see Wikipedia:Arbitration/Guide to arbitration. For the Arbitration Committee, Callanecc (talkcontribslogs) 13:56, 12 July 2013 (UTC)

Naoie Ukita[edit]

In 2006, you've deleted the page Naoie Ukita. http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Naoie_Ukita&action=edit&redlink=1 Should it be revived to serve as a redirect to Ukita Naoie? MrLinkinPark333 (talk) 00:03, 5 August 2013 (UTC)

A barnstar for you![edit]

Real Life Barnstar.jpg The Real Life Barnstar
Thanks for the useful and elegantly succinct contribution to the York debate.

Jon Jon Davies (WMUK) (talk) 09:39, 17 September 2013 (UTC)

Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Whistlejacket[edit]

Crisco found a picture of it in the frame, so ye may want to check again. =) Adam Cuerden (talk) 07:26, 1 October 2013 (UTC)

Books and Bytes: The Wikipedia Library Newsletter[edit]

Books and Bytes

Volume 1, Issue 1, October 2013

Eurasian Eagle-Owl Maurice van Bruggen.JPG

by The Interior (talk · contribs), Ocaasi (talk · contribs)

Greetings Wikipedia Library members! Welcome to the inaugural edition of Books and Bytes, TWL’s monthly newsletter. We're sending you the first edition of this opt-in newsletter, because you signed up, or applied for a free research account: HighBeam, Credo, Questia, JSTOR, or Cochrane. To receive future updates of Books and Bytes, please add your name to the subscriber's list. There's lots of news this month for the Wikipedia Library, including new accounts, upcoming events, and new ways to get involved...

New positions: Sign up to be a Wikipedia Visiting Scholar, or a Volunteer Wikipedia Librarian

Wikipedia Loves Libraries: Off to a roaring start this fall in the United States: 29 events are planned or have been hosted.

New subscription donations: Cochrane round 2; HighBeam round 8; Questia round 4... Can we partner with NY Times and Lexis-Nexis??

New ideas: OCLC innovations in the works; VisualEditor Reference Dialog Workshop; a photo contest idea emerges

News from the library world: Wikipedian joins the National Archives full time; the Getty Museum releases 4,500 images; CERN goes CC-BY

Announcing WikiProject Open: WikiProject Open kicked off in October, with several brainstorming and co-working sessions

New ways to get involved: Visiting scholar requirements; subject guides; room for library expansion and exploration

Read the full newsletter

Thanks for reading! All future newsletters will be opt-in only. Have an item for the next issue? Leave a note for the editor on the Suggestions page. --The Interior 20:01, 27 October 2013 (UTC)

Four reverts, editwarring at cancer pain[edit]

You're at four reverts, and edit warring. SandyGeorgia (Talk) 18:47, 8 December 2013 (UTC)

The Wikipedia Library Survey[edit]

As a subscriber to one of The Wikipedia Library's programs, we'd like to hear your thoughts about future donations and project activities in this brief survey. Thanks and cheers, Ocaasi t | c 14:52, 9 December 2013 (UTC)

Help Review New Revised Rewrite of my Article[edit]

Thanks for your review of my previous article. I have rewritten it and would appreciate your review of it - what should I take out or add. Thanks for your help in advance. Here is the new wiki link on Wikipedia awaiting your review - LABUSA

--Kwesifokuo (talk) 18:49, 14 December 2013 (UTC)KwesiFokuo--Kwesifokuo (talk) 18:49, 14 December 2013 (UTC)

A barnstar for you![edit]

Photographer Barnstar.png The Photographer's Barnstar
Thanks for doing the photography training session! Jonathan Cardy (WMUK) (talk) 17:12, 18 December 2013 (UTC)

An image you deleted[edit]

File:Elkhorn.jpg (edit | talk | history | links | watch | logs) Can you restore it so I can see if I can add it back into an article under fair use? Thanks. --evrik (talk) 15:35, 23 December 2013 (UTC)

Duck[edit]

Hi. You blocked this IP earlier [12]. The block may not have worked (see later IP edits) and they have switched to 138.162.8.57 (talk · contribs · WHOIS) admitting in this edit summary [13] that "59" had been blocked. Rgds., Leaky Caldron 19:22, 4 February 2014 (UTC)

Yeah,and I undid the block of 59. If you take even a brief glance at their editing history it is easy to see who they were when they were using an account. They have made a choice to stop using an account and edit as an IP instead. Unless you have some evidence of actual abuse there was no reason to block. You also failed to post a block notice explaining the reasons for your actions.
These are pretty basic requirements for blocking, your gut feelings are not sufficient justification for a block and you are expected to leave some sort of block notice that gives a actual reason. That may not have been how things were in 2005 when you became a admin but it is how things are now. Beeblebrox (talk) 19:59, 4 February 2014 (UTC)

Information icon This message is being sent to inform you that there is currently a discussion at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard regarding an issue with which you may have been involved. Thank you. Beeblebrox (talk) 02:51, 7 February 2014 (UTC)

Notification of automated file description generation[edit]

Your upload of File:Bude canal upper lock.JPG or contribution to its description is noted, and thanks (even if belatedly) for your contribution. In order to help make better use of the media, an attempt has been made by an automated process to identify and add certain information to the media's description page.

This notification is placed on your talk page because a bot has identified you either as the uploader of the file, or as a contributor to its metadata. It would be appreciated if you could carefully review the information the bot added. To opt out of these notifications, please follow the instructions here. Thanks! Message delivered by Theo's Little Bot (opt-out) 14:24, 2 March 2014 (UTC)

OS Map Scans UK[edit]

I came across you mentioning scans of OS maps. In particular you said that WE had some series seven scans. How do I find out where WE have them and which ones? I know it might involve work by me to upload more SovalValtos (talk) 18:05, 29 April 2014 (UTC)

Mary Anning[edit]

Protecting Mary Anning is a bad move. When an article suddenly becomes high profile it can often recruit new editors. What are potential new Wikipedians going make of this? They think they might have something useful to add, bad hey, they can't. 141.6.11.18 (talk) 12:33, 21 May 2014 (UTC)

1) it was getting a load of vandalism not all of which was being reverted. 2) its a featured article so there isn't much to add.©Geni (talk) 12:39, 21 May 2014 (UTC)

Really?[edit]

[14] You're kidding, right? If not, WP's administration still never ceases to amaze me. Do you ever wonder if the current situation in WP is to blame for the continuous decline in active participants? Cla68 (talk) 22:22, 3 June 2014 (UTC)

Hmm? its user:Drewmcmanusllc who quit not Wllm.©Geni (talk) 15:56, 4 June 2014 (UTC)

Portsmouth meetup #2[edit]

Hello

Thank you for attending the first Portsmouth meetup last Sunday, it was nice to meet you again and have some good discussions, just a shame that I had to leave before the end.

After that success, I'm now turning my attention to organising the second meetup. An end of August date seemed to get support, and so I've provisionally scheduled it for Sunday the 31st, avoiding the bank holiday weekend the week before. It was suggested that people might like a visit to a museum in the morning before the pub in the afternoon. I suggest that the Portsmouth 2 talk page on Meta is the best place to organise it, so when you have time please feel free to head on over there and share your thoughts. Please also invite anyone in the area you know or think would like to get involved with organising or attending the museum visit and/or pub. Chris McKenna (WMUK) (talk) 12:55, 4 July 2014 (UTC)

Re: steve cross[edit]

Nuvola apps edu languages.svg
Hello, Geni. You have new messages at Trevj's talk page.
Message added 20:17, 9 August 2014 (UTC). You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

Nice to meet you![edit]

Nice to meet you IRL! :-) I'm flattered that you think I'm cool. And you yourself are much cooler than you give yourself credit for. :-) (IMHO) --Kim Bruning (talk) 23:00, 10 August 2014 (UTC)

Csbisbee[edit]

Hello. Just a heads-up that User Cjeongbis has started editing on the same pages as User Csbisbee. Cjeongbis has identified himself as Csbisbee, as seen on Cjeongbis' user page as seen by this edit. It looks like the new account is used only as a way to make sure of security, in accordance with the user's claims that edits from his own account was not made by himself, but I'm letting you know since I'm not sure if it is considered evasion of a block or not. As far as I know, the new account would have checkusered and blocked in accordance with the block log. Thanks. KJ Discuss? 22:38, 21 August 2014 (UTC)

Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Dendrogramma enigmatica[edit]

Dendrogramma enigmatica sp. nov., holotype.png
Your Featured picture candidate has been promoted
Your nomination for featured picture status, File:Dendrogramma enigmatica sp. nov., holotype.png, gained a consensus of support, and has been promoted. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates. Armbrust The Homunculus 19:27, 5 October 2014 (UTC)

English South Coast Meetup[edit]

Hi Geni, FYI.

Kind Regards -- Marek.69 talk 20:44, 20 October 2014 (UTC)

Amphitherium[edit]

This is the page of a taxon which needs an article. Instead of deleting it, you should have notified editors of the relevant wikiprojects so we could rewrite it. Please undelete it so this can be done. FunkMonk (talk) 11:39, 26 October 2014 (UTC)

So what's happening with this? FunkMonk (talk) 12:39, 28 October 2014 (UTC)

thanks for volunteering[edit]

Hi Geni. Thanks for volunteering for the Science Museum Late. It will be great to have your assistance. We'll be in touch nearer the time. In the meantime, please hold the date of the Wednesday prior (i.e. 19 Nov) for the briefing. Roberta Wedge (WMUK) (talk) 15:38, 4 November 2014 (UTC)

  • I signed up for the same session and plan to look in for the briefing tomorrow as it's not so far for me to go. Andrew D. (talk) 11:30, 18 November 2014 (UTC)

Your ArbCom candidacy[edit]

I see that you haven't given us a list of your accounts in your ArbCom election statement this year. Please do so. עוד מישהו Od Mishehu 10:42, 18 November 2014 (UTC)

response to qys[edit]

Good job in noticing ECT's agenda. I saw it also, since I've worked on the issue at RSN, but decided not to mention it. I'm glad someone did. DGG ( talk ) 21:56, 22 November 2014 (UTC)

Eastleigh meetup[edit]

Hi Geni, thank you for coming to the meetup yesterday. :-) Marek.69 talk 20:20, 24 November 2014 (UTC)

Thank you for letting me hold your camera. I have still not decided what to buy, if any, more lenses. I am looking forward to seeing your results uploaded to Commons of the opportunity given to wiki people by Barry. I have made a few uploads, but am anticipating better from you. YoursSovalValtos (talk) 01:38, 3 December 2014 (UTC)

You advocate for the page on a video that has 193 views on vimeo and then brag about how you're stalking me across the internet. Good use of a life lardo. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Dajorda (talkcontribs) 19:36, 26 January 2015 (UTC)

recent comments at GG talk[edit]

Geni, I don't know if you and I have ever interacted, so don't take this as anything more than it is, but we've suffered through months of really angry, really negative interactions at the talk page of the article. The last few days have actually started seeing the first productive editing in recent memory, and the anger you're bringing to the page is really the opposite of what we need right now. Can I ask you to please take a breather before hitting the post button on these, as so many of us are? Thanks for your consideration. Thargor Orlando (talk) 20:50, 27 January 2015 (UTC)

Talkback[edit]

Nuvola apps edu languages.svg
Hello, Geni. You have new messages at Amortias's talk page.
Message added 00:23, 8 February 2015 (UTC). You can remove this notice at any time by removing the {{Talkback}} or {{Tb}} template.

Amortias (T)(C) 00:23, 8 February 2015 (UTC)

Happy adminship birthday![edit]

Wikipedia Administrator.svg Wishing Geni a very happy adminship anniversary on behalf of the Wikipedia Birthday Committee! Have a great day! --George (Talk · Contribs · CentralAuth · Log) 12:59, 1 March 2015 (UTC)

Next meetups in North England[edit]

Hello. Would you be interested in attending one of the next wikimeets in the north of England? They will take place in:

If you can make them, please sign up on the relevant wikimeet page!

If you want to receive future notifications about these wikimeets, then please add your name to the notification list (or remove it if you're already on the list and you don't want to receive future notifications!)

Thanks. Mike Peel (talk) 22:45, 28 March 2015 (UTC)

Disambiguation link notification for April 6[edit]

Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited British L-class submarine, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Yugoslav (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.

It's OK to remove this message. Also, to stop receiving these messages, follow these opt-out instructions. Thanks, DPL bot (talk) 09:14, 6 April 2015 (UTC)

geotechdata.info[edit]

Geni - thank you for reverting the edits by User:212.243.35.196 adding spam links to his site. Hopefully, he'll stop, but I found the links inserted into a bunch of articles over the past year or so, and suspect he'll be back later, possibly from a different IP address. Argyriou (talk) 19:39, 30 April 2015 (UTC)

He's still at it. He's been reinserting his spam to Standard penetration test 12, Triaxial shear test‎ 12, and Bearing capacity 12, from a couple of different IPs, mostly User talk:212.243.35.196. If I put a uw-advert4 on his talk page, will you or another admin follow up on it? Is there anything else I can or should do? Argyriou (talk) 04:14, 5 May 2015 (UTC)

"My Funding Credits"[edit]

Hi Geni, I saw your block of 2601:0:9100:5FD:D55E:F1AC:62A0:8FC9 (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · edit filter log · WHOIS · RBLs · http · block user · block log). You might also note that 50.180.44.169 is doing the same stuff. [15][16]. Thanks, Cyphoidbomb (talk) 17:55, 1 May 2015 (UTC)

Owen is in a move to India. Its confirmed.[edit]

Please edit that. Athul9xm2 (talk) 18:45, 25 June 2015 (UTC)

The Wikipedia Library needs you![edit]

Wikipedia Library owl.svg

We hope The Wikipedia Library has been a useful resource for your work. TWL is expanding rapidly and we need your help!

With only a couple hours per week, you can make a big difference for sharing knowledge. Please sign up and help us in one of these ways:

  • Account coordinators: help distribute free research access
  • Partner coordinators: seek new donations from partners
  • Communications coordinators: share updates in blogs, social media, newsletters and notices
  • Technical coordinators: advise on building tools to support the library's work
  • Outreach coordinators: connect to university libraries, archives, and other GLAMs
  • Research coordinators: run reference services


Sign up now


Send on behalf of The Wikipedia Library using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 04:31, 7 July 2015 (UTC)

Need help regarding a user and his hobbyhorses[edit]

Geni - can you please look at Boring (earth) and Standard penetration test and talk to Yoshi about his edits? Yoshi is not the spammer you acted against earlier - he's adding material that is not specifically spam, but he really, really wants to put in far too much detail about his hobby-horse, which is the deficiencies of the Standard Penetration Test (it's a geotechnical test). I reformatted his initial edits to the SPT article, to keep one source's information about problems with the test from overwhelming the article, and he let it rest for a little while before coming back with some new material about a replacement test. I suggested that he should write a separate article about the new test, since really, it's worth about one sentence in the SPT article, but there's some useful info. Instead, he just puts stuff back in the article.

He's also gone and added his earlier edits about the problems of the SPT (from before I rewrote them) into the earth boring article, where they're particularly irrelevant, as only a small minority of borings use that test, and the problems only apply to a minority of cases where the test might be used, if someone didn't know the (common knowledge) problems he describes. So in the SPT article, it's worth putting in something, and we seemed to have reached a consensus on what to put in, but in the Boring article, it's not worth mentioning.

I might also note that I am an expert on these subjects - I've been working professionally in the field for 20 years and have probably run over a thousand Standard Penetration Tests in my career. Argyriou (talk) 02:57, 13 July 2015 (UTC)

Dear, about boring(earth) and SPT[edit]

I was very willing to discuss with Argyriou. When he accused me of “undue effect.” I mailed him explaining and pointing out the trust worthy documents site with English material. But he is the one kept deleting PWRI link. I even made a note on “talk” section of SPT, but his act did not stop.

Anyone who actually has read the PWRI article would know that Argyriou’s explaining about weak layer problem is quite different from what the PWRI site write. His is very very generalized end up missing real problems although his writing is very true as well; that is why I do not delete his writing. If you have read the PWRI article, I know you would agree with my summarization. The PWRI is Japanese office. I believe they are very careful with what they write.

I know well about the civil industry, especially ground survey. We had many occasion to discuss with very notable professors even, have worked with them and written academic papers. I am very aware of this industry as well, pros and cons.

The boring machines have been around over 100 years. Although it has been mechanicalized and made improvements, fundamental improvement that would bring up the qualities of the machine has not been made.

Also, due to the public works and the vast money that come along with the works, the civil industry often purposefully omits the defects of the technologies or crush the founders of the defects. And the employees of the industry cannot defy the executives because they need to earn for living, sometimes they end up getting their hands dirty. The article written by Mr. Zatuwa at PWSI is one of very few brave publications sending alarms to the public. In some cases the defects of the SPT and boring machine were the cause of the landslides and causalities, and with recent weather abnormalities what-seems-to-be-natural-disaster-but-actually-man-made-accidents-or-murder are becoming more evident, but none takes responsibility. And the source of the problems lies in the defects of the boring machine and SPT, but neither the industry, politicians, nor professors do not disclose this fact.


Thank you

— Preceding unsigned comment added by Yoshi123Yoshi (talkcontribs) 05:29, 14 July 2015 (UTC)

Dear about Boring(earth)[edit]

I did what Mr. Jim.henderson did to Boring(earth) site. Thank you two for doing that. I will be more careful.

Thank you. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Yoshi123Yoshi (talkcontribs) 04:52, 17 July 2015 (UTC)

Thank you[edit]

Thanks for reverting my edit. After I edited the article, I realized that it didn't make sense; his nationally was definitely Russia, since that was the pace that he was born in. I just didn't have time to revert it myself. Again, much appreciated. ~Oshwah~ (talk) (contribs) 19:29, 23 July 2015 (UTC)


http://www.wired.com/2011/10/mf_milner/all/ "But at heart he is just a nice Jewish boy." "His father, displaying another side of Jewish business tradition and acumen—the cautious side—isn’t pleased." " Jewishness is a pronounced theme in the tour: The Jewish boy, having some sweet revenge, has become a member not just of the Russian establishment but of the new world technology order."

http://www.successstories.co.in/self-made-billionaire-investor-yuri-milner-sets-3-million-prize-for-physics/ "Yuri Milner was born on 11 November 1961 in Moscow into a Jewish intellectual family."

He is a Jew, born in USSR. What's the problem and what else do you want?! I - Russian man - say you that Milner is not Russian nor by his Surname, nor by his parents, not by his face!

Dear Geni, East Slavonic folks should be considered as a amount of nations, united geographically and historically (Serbia, Poland, Czech, Moldova, Yugoslavia, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and others). This big crowd of peoples is called "Ethnic group". Jews as a nation (or a people) were formed in Mideast region. Maybe my English is not so fine but I see no reason to put Jews in Slavonic family. You a have a civil right to come and live in Russian Federation, get Russian passport, you even can come here with your wife and bring a child here, but this won't make a child Russian, you see? Milner can be marked as a citizen of Russia, but he is not Russian, please correct this. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 91.233.175.19 (talkcontribs)

Standard penetration test and Yoshi[edit]

Geni - could you look into the situation with Yoshi again, please? Since you last did anything, there have been a couple of AN/I notices: this one by BMK and this one started by Yoshi. BMK's attempt to find another person with expertise in the subject matter was fruitless, and I'm not the right person to do that, lest I be accused of meat-puppeting. Argyriou (talk) 19:24, 27 July 2015 (UTC)

  1. ^ "WMATA History" (PDF). WMATA. Retrieved 2011-02-03.