|This user is retired|
MfD nomination of Portal:Aztec mythology
Portal:Aztec mythology, a page you substantially contributed to, has been nominated for deletion. Your opinions on the matter are welcome; please participate in the discussion by adding your comments at Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/Portal:Aztec mythology and please be sure to sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~). You are free to edit the content of Portal:Aztec mythology during the discussion but should not remove the miscellany for deletion template from the top of the page; such a removal will not end the deletion discussion. Thank you. Mercurywoodrose (talk) 20:53, 5 October 2014 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:57, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
I have had to remove this map from Wikipedia articles because, as it turns out, there are many inaccuracies.
The inaccuracies include:
- The Louisiana Purchase was in 1803, so what is labeled Spanish Louisiana should be labeled as US territory * There was no West Virginia at that time
- It should say British territory, not English territory
- There are three shades of grey on the map, but only two on the legend.* Ohio was a U.S. State in 1803, but it is not represented on the map this way
- Monterrey and San Diego are placed inland, but indeed they are actually coastal cities
- The scale provided is wrong. For example, in reality, New York State is 455 km wide.
- Great Britain (in Upper Canada) should say United Kingdom.
- Upper Canada should say Lower Canada.
- Manitoulin Island in Lake Huron should be shaded as part of Canada.
If you unretire from Wikipedia, maybe you could correct these, and then we can use the map again? :)
Hope all is well,