User talk:Go Phightins!/Archive 30
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
|Archive 29||Archive 30||Archive 31|
- 1 Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
- 2 Your GA nomination of Cole Hamels
- 3 IRC
- 4 Your GA nomination of Cole Hamels
- 5 Wikipedia:WikiCup/History/2014/Submissions/Go Phightins!
- 6 The Signpost: 26 February 2014
- 7 WikiCup 2014 February newsletter
- 8 Editor of the Week award
- 9 Your GA nomination of Cody Asche
- 10 This week's article for improvement (week 10, 2014)
- 11 DYK for Cole Hamels
- 12 IRC cloak request
- 13 Disambiguation link notification for March 4
- 14 Talkback
- 15 Review GA Football in the Philippines
- 16 Your GA nomination of John Mayberry, Jr.
- 17 Careful....
- 18 (test) The Signpost: 05 March 2014
Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
Note: All columns in this table are sortable, allowing you to rearrange the table so the articles most interesting to you are shown at the top. All images have mouse-over popups with more information. For more information about the columns and categories, please consult the documentation, and please do get in touch on SuggestBot's talk page with any questions you might have.
|47||1.0||Kyle Kendrick (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|207||1.0||Hardcore hip hop (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|47||1.0||Amphiuma (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Add sources|
|3,169||3.0||Stevens–Johnson syndrome (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||Add sources|
|623||2.0||Phoenix Coyotes (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Add sources|
|13||1.0||Baseball positioning (talk)||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||Add sources|
|64||1.0||2001 Major League Baseball Draft (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Cleanup|
|80||3.0||Mets–Yankees rivalry (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||Cleanup|
|54||1.0||California newt (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Expand|
|140||2.0||Willis McGahee (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Unencyclopaedic|
|475||1.0||Small forward (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Unencyclopaedic|
|40||1.0||Jim Sasser (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Unencyclopaedic|
|470||1.0||Strain (injury) (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Merge|
|25||3.0||2010–11 Ivorian crisis (talk)||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||Merge|
|16||1.0||Liga Norte de Mexico (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Wikify|
|29||2.0||Cody Ransom (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||Wikify|
|76||2.0||Scott Rolen (talk)||0.0||2.0||2.0||2.0||0.0||Wikify|
|1||1.0||Andrei Korchagin (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Orphan|
|4||1.0||Africa/Harvard School of Public Health Partnership for Cohort Research and Training (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Orphan|
|1||1.0||Abba Mari ben Isaac of St Gilles (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||Orphan|
|29||1.0||1996 Major League Baseball All-Star Game (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Stub|
|20||1.0||1992 Major League Baseball All-Star Game (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Stub|
|9||1.0||Zach Collier (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Stub|
|8||1.0||1963 Oakland Raiders season (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Stub|
|11||1.0||1980 Green Bay Packers season (talk)||0.0||2.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Stub|
|18||1.0||1982 Major League Baseball All-Star Game (talk)||0.0||0.0||0.0||2.0||0.0||Stub|
SuggestBot picks articles in a number of ways based on other articles you've edited, including straight text similarity, following wikilinks, and matching your editing patterns against those of other Wikipedians. It tries to recommend only articles that other Wikipedians have marked as needing work. We appreciate that you have signed up to receive suggestions regularly, your contributions make Wikipedia better — thanks for helping!
If you have feedback on how to make SuggestBot better, please let us know on SuggestBot's talk page. Regards from Nettrom (talk), SuggestBot's caretaker. -- SuggestBot (talk) 13:43, 25 February 2014 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of Cole Hamels
The article Cole Hamels you nominated as a good article has been placed on hold . The article is close to meeting the good article criteria, but there are some minor changes or clarifications needing to be addressed. If these are fixed within 7 days, the article will pass; otherwise it may fail. See Talk:Cole Hamels for things which need to be addressed. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Secret -- Secret 20:40, 25 February 2014 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of Cole Hamels
The article Cole Hamels you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:Cole Hamels for comments about the article. Well done! Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Secret -- Secret 22:12, 26 February 2014 (UTC)
The Signpost: 26 February 2014
- Special report: Diary of a protester—Wikimedian perishes in Ukrainian unrest
- Traffic report: Snow big deal
- WikiProject report: Racking brains with neuroscience
- Featured content: Odin salutes you
- Recent research: CSCW '14 retrospective; the impact of SOPA on deletionism
And so ends the most competitive first round we have ever seen, with 38 points required to qualify for round 2. Last year, 19 points secured a place; before that, 11 (2012) or 8 (2011) were enough. This is both a blessing and a curse. While it shows the vigourous good health of the competition, it also means that we have already lost many worthy competitors. Our top three scorers were:
- Godot13 (submissions), a WikiCup newcomer whose high-quality scans of rare banknotes represent an unusual, interesting and valuable contribution to Wikipedia. Most of Godot's points this round have come from a large set of pictures used in Treasury Note (1890–91).
- Adam Cuerden (submissions), a WikiCup veteran and a finalist last year, Adam is also a featured picture specialist, focusing on the restoration of historical images. This month's promotions have included a carefully restored set of artist William Russell Flint's work.
- WikiRedactor (submissions), another WikiCup newcomer. WikiRedactor has claimed points for good article reviews and good articles relating to pop music, many of which were awarded bonus points. Articles include Sky Ferreira, Hannah Montana 2: Meet Miley Cyrus and "Wrecking Ball" (Miley Cyrus song).
Other competitors of note include:
- Hahc21 (submissions), who helped take Thirty Flights of Loving through good article candidates and featured article candidates, claiming the first first featured article of the competition.
- Prism (submissions), who claimed the first featured list of the competition with Natalia Kills discography.
- Cwmhiraeth (submissions), who takes the title of the contributor awarded the highest bonus point multiplier (resulting in the highest scoring article) of the competition so far. Her high-importance salamander, now a good article, scored 108 points.
After such a competitive first round, expect the second round to also be fiercely fought. Remember that any content promoted after the end of round 1 but before the start of round 2 can be claimed in round 2, but please do not update your submission page until March (UTC). Invitations for collaborative writing efforts or any other discussion of potentially interesting work is always welcome on the WikiCup talk page. Remember, if two or more WikiCup competitors have done significant work on an article, all can claim points equally.
If you are concerned that your nomination—whether it is at good article candidates, a featured process, or anywhere else—will not receive the necessary reviews, please list it on Wikipedia:WikiCup/Reviews. If you want to help out with the WikiCup, please do your bit to help keep down the review backlogs! Questions are welcome on Wikipedia talk:WikiCup, and the judges are reachable on their talk pages or by email. Good luck! If you wish to start or stop receiving this newsletter, please feel free to add or remove yourself from Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send. J Milburn (talk • email), The ed17 (talk • email) and Miyagawa (talk • email) 00:01, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
Editor of the Week award
Your GA nomination of Cody Asche
Hi there, I'm pleased to inform you that I've begun reviewing the article Cody Asche you nominated for GA-status according to the criteria. This process may take up to 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have during this period. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Sportsguy17 -- Sportsguy17 02:21, 3 March 2014 (UTC)
This week's article for improvement (week 10, 2014)
DYK for Cole Hamels
|On 3 March 2014, Did you know was updated with a fact from the article Cole Hamels, which you recently created or substantially expanded. The fact was ... that baseball pitcher Cole Hamels (pictured) was named both the National League Championship MVP and World Series MVP in 2008? The nomination discussion and review may be seen at Template:Did you know nominations/Cole Hamels. You are welcome to check how many page hits the article got while on the front page (here's how, live views, daily totals), and it may be added to the statistics page if the total is over 5,000. Finally, if you know of an interesting fact from another recently created article, then please feel free to suggest it on the Did you know talk page.|
IRC cloak request
Hello Go Phightins!. You recently applied for a Wikimedia IRC cloak, but it looks like you forgot to register your nickname first. Could you please log on to IRC and do:
/msg NickServ REGISTER <password> <email>
where <password> is a password of your choice and <email> is your e-mail address? After you do that, please follow the instructions that are e-mailed to you to confirm your e-mail address. When you're done with that, I just need you to confirm your cloak request:
/msg MemoServ send wmfgc IRC cloak request
- Thanks Snowolf - I am new to IRC, and am a little confused at the technical end. Done. Go Phightins! 02:48, 4 March 2014 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited 2014 Philadelphia Phillies season, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Mike Adams (baseball) (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Review GA Football in the Philippines
Hey! I'm sorry again for the delay, because I have been busy with my exams lately. But finally, I finished fixing the entire article. Can you take a look and rereview it? Thanks a lot! FairyTailRocks (talk) 01:30, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
- Hi FairyTailRocks. Just a couple more things with which to deal; noted on GA review. Go Phightins! 20:12, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
- Done. :) FairyTailRocks (talk) 04:37, 2 March 2014 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of John Mayberry, Jr.
Hi there, I'm pleased to inform you that I've begun reviewing the article John Mayberry, Jr. you nominated for GA-status according to the criteria. This process may take up to 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have during this period. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Secret -- Secret 21:11, 8 March 2014 (UTC)
Yo, GP! You know the drill here, of course, but just a friendly reminder that checking the edit history of pages you nominate for speedy deletion can be a good thing. As it turns out, Piqqqqj, a page you nomiated for G1, actually turned out to be J-Mo's talk page, post pagemove vandalism. I've sorted things out, so no worries, and was an easy thing to miss, to be sure; just wanted to let you know what was going on. Cheers! Writ Keeper ⚇♔ 17:21, 9 March 2014 (UTC)
- Hey Writ Keeper. I did check the edit history, and it appeared to me that the editor in question had redirected J-Mo's talk page to that page, then blanked his talk, thereby getting rid of the redirect, and thus leaving Piqqqqj a piece of garbage in mainspace that needed a G1. Not being an admin, I did not have access to the history of J-Mo's talk page at the time I was looking at the situation, and figured by G1-ing it, an admin would come along and have sufficient information to sort it out. And you did :-). Thanks for the note. Best, Go Phightins! 17:38, 9 March 2014 (UTC)
(test) The Signpost: 05 March 2014
- Traffic report: Brinksmen on the brink
- Discussion report: Four paragraph lead, indefinitely blocked IPs, editor reviews broken?
- WikiProject report: Article Rescue Squadron
- Featured content: Full speed ahead for the WikiCup