User talk:Goose friend
- 1 Barnstar
- 2 Curse of Ham
- 3 Removing the names of A. P. J. Abdul Kalam and Pratibha Devi Singh Patil
- 4 Yohannan's Response Section
- 5 Regarding your recent editions on Gospel For Asia and K. P. Yohannan
- 6 Dangling reference
- 7 Marking edits as "minor"
- 8 September 2013
- 9 Notability
- 10 Talkback
- 11 Minor edits
- 12 Boole and agnosticism
- 13 Thank you!
- 14 Fritz von Uhde
- 15 Wikipedia:Categories_for_discussion/Log/2014_July_25
- 16 History
- 17 Talk:Joshua Wong (activist)
- 18 Best wishes for a happy holiday season
- 19 Disambiguation link notification for January 14
|The Christianity Barnstar|
|Thanks for all your contributions to WikiProject:Christianity related articles! Keep up the good work! With regards, AnupamTalk 04:08, 10 January 2013 (UTC)|
Curse of Ham
Removing the names of A. P. J. Abdul Kalam and Pratibha Devi Singh Patil
Former Indian presidents A. P. J. Abdul Kalam and Pratibha Devi Singh Patil demonstrated appreciation to the organisationand their plea stated that "there is no negative remark about them from any corner".
Dr A P J Abdul Kalam and Pratibha Devi Singh Patil were the ex presidents of India and if their name is being discussed in this article then there should be solid reference of them commenting about this organization. Here the editor had mentioned lines quoted in a petition filed by Gospel For Asia. If the editor is not able to give reference of a creditable source I think the names of the above mentioned personalities should be removed. Benedictdilton (talk) 08:16, 3 May 2013 (UTC)
Yohannan's Response Section
Just wanted to reach out and let you know that I appreciated how you added "Yohannan's response" to the Gospel for Asia page. I was wondering whether you would be willing also to place that section on the Believers Church and K. P. Yohannan pages also, as all those pages seem to contain the same controversy. I liked the way you addressed the issue. An additional resource is here: Investigation Report from Home Ministry of India Government: Home Ministry Exonerates Believers Church. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
- Hey friend, Thank you very much!. Your source was actually useful. I've added information and improved the research and the section in the article Gospel for Asia. I've also added the section to the page "K. P. Yohannan". The section "controversy" in the article "Believers church" was not about fraud allegations, but about religious controversies, which I researched and were not lies.
- I detest when people slander biased stereotyped and deceitful defamations against God's people, or anybody else, but I'm also very disappointed to see that Mr. Yohannan has founded a new Christian denomination with episcopalian, ecumenical elements. May Jesus guide you--Goose friend (talk) 02:04, 4 May 2013 (UTC)
Regarding your recent editions on Gospel For Asia and K. P. Yohannan
Hello there, your recent edits on Gospel For Asia and K. P. Yohannan were labeled as not constructive, even though they are (unproperly and tendentiously) referenced, they were written in a non neutral manner, don't consider this as a warning but as a advice for better writing, I'm going to be waiting for the edits' cleanup, but if the sections and related sub sequential edits are non-neutral they are going to be removed. Regards Eduemoni↑talk↓ 21:33, 3 May 2013 (UTC)
A few months ago you inserted into John D. Rockefeller#Beliefs a reference to ‘Hofstadter 1992’ without any further details. Could you please fill them in?
Marking edits as "minor"
Thank you for your contributions. Please remember to mark your edits, such as your recent edits to PZ Myers, as "minor" only if they truly are minor edits. In accordance with Help:Minor edit, a minor edit is one that the editor believes requires no review and could never be the subject of a dispute. Minor edits consist of things such as typographical corrections, formatting changes or rearrangement of text without modification of content. Additionally, the reversion of clear-cut vandalism and test edits may be labeled "minor". Thank you. --McGeddon (talk) 14:11, 23 August 2013 (UTC)
Hello, I'm BracketBot. I have automatically detected that your edit to Edgar Nixon may have broken the syntax by modifying 1 "()"s. If you have, don't worry: just edit the page again to fix it. If I misunderstood what happened, or if you have any questions, you can leave a message on my operator's talk page.
List of unpaired brackets remaining on the page(Click show ⇨)
We (all of us editors, which includes you) are expected to work by our guidelines and policies. We expect articles to meet our criteria of 'notability', described at WP:NOTE and in this case Wikipedia:Notability (films). Quite often a film that isn't a major film won't meet this until after its released. Dougweller (talk) 21:25, 27 October 2013 (UTC)
- I've already created my first article, thanks for the concern.--Goose friend (talk) 00:31, 31 October 2013 (UTC)
Hi Goose friend, I have noticed that most of your edits are marked as minor. The minor flag is only meant to be used for spelling corrections and the like, see WP:MINOR. If you have added any text at all to the substantive article, even rewording and copyediting, it should not be marked as minor. Regards, SpinningSpark 09:11, 16 June 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah, I'm very sorry. It was my mystake but I will try hard not to do it again. Thank you.--Goose friend (talk) 15:09, 16 June 2014 (UTC)
Boole and agnosticism
I'm not going to revert you at George Boole because in any case I don't think agnosticism is a "defining characteristic" of Boole (that is, agnostic or not, it's not what he was known for, so likely he shouldn't be categrorized that way). But as to the alleged contradiction you bring up, please see agnostic theism. --Trovatore (talk) 22:20, 26 June 2014 (UTC)
I like the edits you made to the Frederick Douglass page. I want to put the article forward for Class B status. I've never done that, so I'm not sure what needs to happen, but I know that edits like yours improve the article. Thanks! Paulmlieberman (talk) 14:14, 2 July 2014 (UTC)
Hey, saw your work on the article you expanded, quite recently. Looks good. It would be interesting to nominate it for the front page as a DYK, as a newly expanded article. I can do that. However I think the gallery could be reduced a little, or/and made into themes - religious paintings, portraits, everyday-life... It is not always the best to go after timeline. Hafspajen (talk) 03:21, 12 July 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry - it looks like the firs edit you made expanding it was 20 June. Pity. Hafspajen (talk) 03:28, 12 July 2014 (UTC)
Well, any article that has been substantially expanded (5x) can be nominated within 7 days from the expansion, those are the requirements. It is simply too late... (I thought you started 6 jul). Hafspajen (talk) 16:10, 12 July 2014 (UTC)
- Like it? Hafspajen (talk) 02:57, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks. This picture is just wonderful. It shows how easy it is actually to have faith and to ask for a blessing ... Jesus said, "wherever you are two or three gathered in my name, I will be between you" - - well, that simple it is. Whenever one ask for a blessing, he will be there - not that many people can see it, some may feel it - but it is the way it is. I think this picture shows this well. Hafspajen (talk) 13:50, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
- Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. 20"For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst." - that is the correct citation - and yes, it happens every day and it will happen more. Hafspajen (talk) 13:53, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
- Yes they are really wonderful, aren't they. One way of pushing a little for this is to nominate it at Featured pictures, let's say in the beginning of December - and then it will be in the Featured content, just around Chrismas. I can do that. You can already start praying for it... . Hafspajen (talk) 14:30, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
- By the way -- if a picture should be nominated, it should have at least 1500px X 1500pixels, (this one has) , should be used in the article (this one is used) - preferably in more articles (I will fix that part) - and preferably Not in the gallery.
- THat last one means - we should try to move it in the body of text in the article, the File:1885 Uhde Das Tischgebet anagoria.JPG and swich it with some of them used there. Put this one IN THE ARTICLE, and put the other one IN THE GALLERY; ... The only one with enought pixels, by the way. Hafspajen (talk) 15:16, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
"HISTORY, n. An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools."
— Ambrose Bierce
- Thank you for your comments there. As a reward, I invite you another discussion that takes place in Wikipedia talk:Naming conventions (Chinese). --George Ho (talk) 01:59, 11 December 2014 (UTC)
Best wishes for a happy holiday season
|Happy Holiday Cheer|
|Season's Greetings! This message celebrates the holiday season, promotes WikiLove, and hopefully makes your day a little better. Spread the seasonal good cheer by wishing another user an Awesome Holiday and a Happy New Year, whether it be someone with whom you had disagreements in the past, a good friend, or just some random person. Share the good feelings! Joys!Hafspajen (talk) 02:17, 23 December 2014 (UTC)|
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that you've added some links pointing to disambiguation pages. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
- Wernher von Braun (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- List of Christian thinkers in science (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to Magnetic Resonance