User talk:Gourami Watcher
- 1 Possible new article
- 2 Hi
- 3 Would you be willing to help me with something?
- 4 Murder of Denise McGregor created
- 5 Hi
- 6 Murdered Israeli teenagers
- 7 Happy New Year!
- 8 Help
- 9 Size of photographs
- 10 Long Beach Jane Doe
- 11 The Doodler
- 12 Your GA nomination of Bella Bond murder case
- 13 Murder of Riley Ann Sawyers
- 14 DYK nomination of Bella Bond murder case
- 15 DYK for Bella Bond murder case
- 16 Sheila Fox - possible candidate for an article?
- 17 Your GA nomination of Murder of Tammy Alexander
- 18 Could you help me draft a Murder of Helen Priestly article?
- 19 TAFI
- 20 Castor
- 21 Murder of Riley Ann Sawyers nominated for deletion
- 22 Murder of David Stack
- 23 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 24 possible new article?
- 25 The Long Tone
- 26 I have started the article
- 27 RE: Abduction_of_Kamiyah_Mobley
- 28 Ashlee martinson
- 29 Tara Grinstead
- 30 Bella Bond murder case
- 31 Re decedent list
- 32 For Ur Information!
Possible new article
Is it worth starting a Murder of Denise McGregor article? Here are some possible sources that mention her case - (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/news/unsolved-melbourne-murders-you-may-never-have-heard-about/news-story/009fbf589c7cafa2d657c396db285a33) (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/father-anthony-bongiorno-linked-to-1980-bookshop-slaying-of-maria-james/story-fnat7jnn-1226600084256) Paul Benjamin Austin (talk) 09:12, 2 December 2015 (UTC)
- @Paul Benjamin Austin: I'd recommend finding more sources for the case. What you have already is a good start, but it would be best to have as many as possible to ensure it doesn't get nominated for deletion.--GouramiWatcherTalk 00:37, 3 December 2015 (UTC)
Would you be willing to help me with something?
According to my talk page, we had a discussion back in September. Would you be willing to edit certain locked articles for me? I do, of course, intend to give arguments for why you should edit said articles. Specifically, would you be willing to remove redundant citations from locked articles for me? The articles I would like you to edit for me are, specifically, the Vladimir Lenin article and the Death of Osama bin Laden article. In regard to the Vladimir Lenin article: Within the "Red Terror"-section within the "Lenin's Government"-section, the same source (The Anatomy of Revolution Revisited: A Comparative Analysis of England, France, and Russia. Bailey Stone. Cambridge University Press, 25/11/2013. p. 335) is cited twice for the same claim (The "Estimates for the total number of people killed in the Red Terror range from 50,000 to over a million"-claim). In regard to the Death of Osama bin Laden article: Within the "Allegations against Pakistan"-section within the "Role of Pakistan"-section, the same source (www.indianexpress.com/news/did-pakistan-army-shelter-osama/784511/0) is cited twice for the same claim (The "Critics cited the proximity of bin Laden's heavily fortified compound to the Pakistan Military Academy, that the U.S. chose to not notify Pakistani authorities before the operation, and the double standards of Pakistan regarding the perpetrators of the 2008 Mumbai attacks"-claim). — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 08:23, 8 December 2015 (UTC)
- I appreciate you asking me, but I generally stay away from the topic that those articles belong to, they are out of my expertise. If you create an account, you could actually do the edit yourself, since the semi-protection level bans only unregistered contributors. There is also an option to make an edit request on the talk pages for the given articles if you prefer not to register for an account. Thanks! --GouramiWatcherTalk 23:23, 8 December 2015 (UTC)
Murder of Denise McGregor created
Take a look at this Wikipedia:Today's featured article/requests/John Bingham, 7th Earl of Lucan nom that I just made for this crime article to appear at the main page. Regards,--BabbaQ (talk) 01:21, 26 December 2015 (UTC)
Murdered Israeli teenagers
- @Wahrmund: Fraenkel held duel citizenship of both Israel and the US. Shaar doesn't appear to, so I will remove him from the list. Thanks for pointing that out.--GouramiWatcherTalk 03:05, 28 December 2015 (UTC)
Happy New Year!
Size of photographs
Please do not reduce the size of photographs, as you did with Eklutna Annie. Readers prefer large photographs, and under Wikipedia guidelines they may be as large as 400px. Wahrmund (talk) 16:09, 11 January 2016 (UTC)
@Wahrmund: The image should still wrap reasonably within the text of the article. Eklutna Annie's page is not very lengthy and once images begin to obstruct headers (such as the "Reference" or "See Also" section) it tends to give an unkempt and disorganized appearance.--GouramiWatcherTalk 03:54, 12 January 2016 (UTC)
- The photograph in question is on the right side of the page. Therefore there is zero chance that it will interfere with section headings. Wahrmund (talk) 21:37, 12 January 2016 (UTC)
- @Wahrmund: From my computer, I'm seeing the headers for "Investigation," "Aftermath" and "References" being disturbed. The list of references also is pushed over to the side. Perhaps if you're using a device with a different size than mine, there might be a reason why we have two separate opinions. Otherwise, I would be more than happy to go for a Third opinion on this. --GouramiWatcherTalk 23:21, 13 January 2016 (UTC)
Long Beach Jane Doe
- @Wahrmund: I strongly believe that the information needs to be grouped together in paragraphs and not with single or few lines of text. I'm glad you're going out of your way to work on these articles, but if you're going to reorganize the page, make sure you avoid making it appear like a bullet list (despite that the absence of actual bullets [*] have been added ). I would recommend grouping sentences in categories to make up paragraphs (such as the height and weight measurements, hair color, race and clothing into one and the clothing, jewelry, etc. in another. I don't mean to sound ungrateful or like a troll, but I would really appreciate if this could be improved. Thanks! --GouramiWatcherTalk 00:36, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
- @Paleface Jack: I will try to get to the article by next week. Thanks for your concern! --GouramiWatcherTalk 01:12, 20 January 2016 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of Bella Bond murder case
The article Bella Bond murder case you nominated as a good article has been placed on hold . The article is close to meeting the good article criteria, but there are some minor changes or clarifications needing to be addressed. If these are fixed within 7 days, the article will pass; otherwise it may fail. See Talk:Bella Bond murder case for things which need to be addressed. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Delldot -- Delldot (talk) 09:01, 2 February 2016 (UTC)
- @Paul Benjamin Austin: I'll take a look at it! Thanks! --GouramiWatcherTalk 21:02, 2 February 2016 (UTC)
DYK nomination of Bella Bond murder case
Hello! Your submission of Bella Bond murder case at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and some issues with it may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) underneath your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! Yoninah (talk) 20:51, 14 February 2016 (UTC)
DYK for Bella Bond murder case
|On 26 February 2016, Did you know was updated with a fact from the article Bella Bond murder case, which you recently created, substantially expanded, or brought to good article status. The fact was ... that a forensic facial reconstruction of two-year-old Bella Bond triggered approximately 56 million Internet views? The nomination discussion and review may be seen at Template:Did you know nominations/Bella Bond murder case. You are welcome to check how many page hits the article got while on the front page (here's how, daily totals), and it may be added to the statistics page if the total is over 5,000. Finally, if you know of an interesting fact from another recently created article, then please feel free to suggest it on the Did you know talk page.|
Sheila Fox - possible candidate for an article?
Is this girl worth an article - http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/732dfuk.html , http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1374545.stm , http://www.historicbolton.yolasite.com/sheila-fox.php Paul Benjamin Austin (talk) 08:32, 19 March 2016 (UTC)
- @Paul Benjamin Austin: I would say it would be, since there is quite a bit of information available on the case.--GouramiWatcherTalk 19:48, 19 March 2016 (UTC)
- @Paul Benjamin Austin: I'm going to try and do some expansion. Seems like someone got carried away with a AfD already. --GouramiWatcherTalk 15:39, 20 March 2016 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of Murder of Tammy Alexander
Hi there, I'm pleased to inform you that I've begun reviewing the article Murder of Tammy Alexander you nominated for GA-status according to the criteria. This process may take up to 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have during this period. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Zaostao -- Zaostao (talk) 19:21, 27 March 2016 (UTC)
Could you help me draft a Murder of Helen Priestly article?
Is Helen's case worthy of an article - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/bad-blood-and-the-vile-death-of-little-960791#eTfmcGjW30oguiSc.97 - Paul Benjamin Austin (talk) 02:07, 10 April 2016 (UTC)
I have nominated Peru Two and Tammy Lynn Leppert at Wikipedia:Today's articles for improvement/Nominations. Take a look at that and other noms, if you want to. Appreciate it.BabbaQ (talk) 23:37, 6 May 2016 (UTC)
Murder of Riley Ann Sawyers nominated for deletion
see Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Murder of Riley Ann Sawyers. Paul Benjamin Austin (talk) 03:10, 14 June 2016 (UTC)
Could robbery have been a motive? also "carried no ID" - but Tammy Alexander's ID was removed by her killer when he went through her pockets after he killed her. It's more than possible that Stack's ID was removed by his killer(s) too. Also should it be pointed out in the article that is is more unusual for a male hitchhiker to be the target of nefarious people, compared to female ones? Paul Benjamin Austin (talk) 11:33, 20 October 2016 (UTC)
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
possible new article?
Gourami Watcher Can you start Cheryl's article? I have no wish to attract a certain TheLongTone again. Paul Benjamin Austin (talk) 05:35, 6 December 2016 (UTC) Paul Benjamin Austin I'll try to this week. I've got to study for an exam for the next few days. --GouramiWatcherTalk 16:18, 6 December 2016 (UTC)
The Long Tone
I have started the article
I just reverted your claim that she contacted authorities herself. Believe it or not, my local news station stated that as well, so I believe she actually did, however, to put that in Wikipedia, you'd need a reliable source that says she contacted the authorities, the source you're using is reliable, but doesn't say she contacted the authorities herself, so even though I believe that she did, and heard that she did on my local news (I assume you did as well ) it cannot be included in that article. If you can find a reliable source, that's different, but as it stands now, it cannot be included. KoshVorlon} 15:18, 17 January 2017 (UTC)
Ashlee was born in 1998. Why do you keep changing it back to 1997?
Ashlee is my best friend and I just spoke to her last night in person. She is baffled as to why you made a Wikipedia page on her and told me it was satirical. And more baffled why you are reporting false things on it. — Preceding unsigned comment added by AishaZain (talk • contribs) 23:40, 2 March 2017 (UTC)
Hey, Some details on your wiki about ashlee are actually incorrect and not facts. Would appreciate if you could correct them. Although you may feel they are redundant, they are not. AishaZain (talk) 17:11, 16 February 2017 (UTC)
- The article was created because Ashlee made international headlines after the murders were committed and out of my own interest in the case (not against her in any way). All of the information present in her article is based on information reported by the press and other sources deemed reliable.--GouramiWatcherTalk 05:00, 3 March 2017 (UTC)
Bella Bond murder case
Just wanted to say I think you did a fantastic job with this article. I created and wrote an article about a murder victim once myself (see here). Its the article i'm most proud of writing. It was very difficult to write at times due to its content; I found myself becoming quite emotionally connected to the subject. Anyway I think you're doing a great job with writing about murder victims. Let me know if you ever need such an article peer reviewed. I'd be happy to help. :) Freikorp (talk) 12:43, 29 March 2017 (UTC)
Re decedent list
Do you think it's worth adding a "Date found" column to List of formerly unidentified decedents? Some of these people would have been found some years after their death. (Alternatively, one could append (found 19xx) in the year of death column.) Miracle Pen (talk) 08:48, 12 May 2017 (UTC) @Miracle Pen: It could definitely benefit the list. Feel free to add the column.--GouramiWatcherTalk 03:50, 13 May 2017 (UTC)
For Ur Information!
Hi, this is Academy Anna and I was just helping. That page (The Red Lake Shootings) was way off. The ages and details in this case were not correct. And is Wiki about correcting? And I did cite my sources and tell why I was changing some things! Thanks and p.s. don't ban me and are u the boss? AcademyAnna (talk) 20:18, 14 May 2017 (UTC)