- The five pillars of Wikipedia
- How to edit a page
- Editing tutorial
- Picture tutorial
- How to write a great article
- Naming conventions
- Simplified Manual of Style
- Please bear these points in mind while editing Wikipedia
- Respect copyrights – do not copy and paste text or images directly from other websites.
- Maintain a neutral point of view – this is one of Wikipedia's core policies.
- Take particular care while adding biographical material about a living person to any Wikipedia page and follow Wikipedia's Biography of Living Persons policy. Particularly, controversial and negative statements should be referenced with multiple reliable sources.
- No edit warring or sock puppetry.
- If you are testing, please use the Sandbox to .
- Do not add troublesome content to any article, such as: copyrighted text, libel, advertising or promotional messages, and text that is not related to an article's subject. Deliberately adding such content or otherwise editing articles maliciously is considered vandalism; doing so will result in your account or IP being blocked from editing.
- Do not use talk pages as discussion or forum pages as Wikipedia is not a forum.
If you are able to help
I've created the Lana Rhoades page and noticed you've edited a lot of adult entertainment articles on wikipedia. If you would like to, feel free to review or add anything you feel relevant. You may also tidy it up, although I would like to keep in place what I added, along with her photograph as well. I'm trying to remove that notification template, that informs you that it must be reviewed by someone other than the creator of the article, before it may be removed. If you would like to do so. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. -Scenicview1 (talk) 15:32, 23 June 2017 (UTC)
About The Lana Rhoades Page
Can you please not revert back the changes I made about her Hometown. She is indeed born in Illinois and not Wisconsin. The two tweets from her Official Twitter, Tweet 1 and Tweet 2 confirms her Birth place. I know you got the information form an interview with Captain Jack but apparently Captain Jack misinterpreted her answer, Read these Tweets and Reply. Also Lana herself confirmed this to me, I run her fan page @LanaRhoadesfans on twitter and I chat with her on regular basis. Today I congratulated and mentioned this wikipedia page to her and this Birthplace was the first thing she noticed.
Some more proof of her Birthplace: PlayboyPlus Profile Penthouse. The Penthouse profile also mentions her real hometown McHenry Illinois but she puts Chicago as her hometown since she has stayed most of her life there. Thank you. -Elysium1988 (talk) 07:56, 3 July 2017 (UTC)
- The "freeones" website is not a reliable source for Wikipedia biography articles. The Penthouse citation is really just an interview that describes her apparent "Hometown", which may not be where she was born and would normally be fine as a citation for non-controversial information only. The Playboy Plus website also wouldn't likely be considered a reliable source for a Wikipedia biography article.
- Since this person won the XBIZ Award for Best New Starlet in 2017, she likely meets the PORNBIO inclusion standard. What you have unfortunately run into very recently is one of Wikipedia's most anti-porn editors.
- You should also review Wikipedia's Conflict of interest rules ASAP. Guy1890 (talk) 04:18, 5 July 2017 (UTC)
- I am the original creator of the Lana Rhoades article page. Someone has apparently deleted my "whole article" for whatever reason. Instead, they posted her highlighted name only in the penthouse pet of the month wikipedia page. If Guy or Elysium is able to put the Lana Rhoades page back up, with legitimate References and Citations, I will vouch and look at the page. If it appears fine, I will leave it as is. Someone took down the article on wikipedia without first posting a "discussion template". This is a violation of the rules of wikipedia. They did not even notify me or any of the editors that they would completely delete the entire profile. She meets the articles of inclusion as stated here. PORNBIO inclusion standard. There are legitimate and factual references other than freeones, if you would like to include that and change that. The page created complies with the standards of inclusion in wikipedia and is not in any way showing anything graphic in nature. Even in the first sentence I believe I stated she is an adult entertainer rather than using another term for her profession. If this person or persons are deleting my articles for this reason only, they should be reported. I'm just an occasional editor for wikipedia. I'm not a professional editor or someone that will argue the merits of who or who should not be included. However, her XBIZ Award is enough for her to be included. Any help in placing her page back up would be great. When her award is clearly indicated in the XBIZ website. If the place where she was born is not verifiable, then leave that out. That alone does not need to be there, in order for her profile to appear. As an example of why she should have her own Profile and Article, along with photograph, look at the Mia Malkova page. She won only one Best New Starlet Award from AVN. Yet nobody has removed her article on wikipedia. I also wrote to wikipedia staff about this. Here is what I received in a reply email to me: My suggestion would be to discuss this with the editor who turned the article into a redirect. The issues seem to be the page wasn't BLP compliant with the sources provided. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Biographies_of_living_persons#Reliable_sources Yours sincerely, Cameron Cooper
- However, in regard to the response I received above, I would not discuss this with the editor who redirected and deleted the entire article, since this person seems to have some sort of issue with her. I would try to reinstate the entire article and then look for legitimate and verifiable References and Citations, easily obtained through a Google search. Once the article is back up, put in place ways of protecting it from vandalism. I'm not an expert on that, but if you're able to do it, feel free to do so. Avoid freeones and look for other legitimate sites like IAFD, etc, so the article will not be taken down again. Include as much References from legitimate interviews, websites, news articles, etc.. I've had my issues with vandals, etc., and I don't have time to fix this problem. I will look at the page once it's up or if it goes up again, in order to bypass any complaints about fans, relatives, friends, acquaintances, etc., not allowed to make edits. Feel free to also use my template to reinstate her article before it was deleted. I believe you can go back and repost that. You have my permission to do so. I'm in no way affiliated with her and therefore I approve and will look at what has been posted, with references and citations. Keep it simple and concise with legitimate references and citations. If you're unable to get the article posted again, I've at least stated my concerns here and tried my best. Thank you. -Scenicview1 (talk) 19:14, 6 July 2017 (UTC)Scenicview1
- I did try to reinstate the article after the guy redirected it, Also did try to add some more content which were verifiable and also cited RS sources but he again redirected it saying that the content I added was just larding up the article. I really do not understand since I am quite new to Wikipedia editing specially a biography and well I have noticed that there are many other articles of other adult stars who have won just one award and have very less RS content which are still active. Also reading Guy1890 recommended article about Conflict of Interest, I am trying to avoid editing the article. If Guy1890 is able to reinstate the article that would really great since it seems he is quite experienced and knows more about how Wikipedia and editing works. --Elysium1988 (talk) 01:45, 7 July 2017 (UTC)
- @Guy1890 and Scenicview1:, seems the article has been nominated for an Afd, would be good to see your participation in the debate Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Lana Rhoades --Elysium1988 (talk) 12:45, 11 July 2017 (UTC)
Some Iranian baklava for you!
|I have eaten Iranian Baklava for too much times, and it is so delicious. This one is specially for you, for your tireless contributions in Wikipedia. Best Wishes! The Stray Dog Talk Page 08:03, 3 July 2017 (UTC)|
More about infoboxes in general
I'd like to continue discussing infoboxes but not at Talk:A Young Man's World. Therefore, I haven't added one infobox in Out of Athens; well... I added it for a short time but then removed it because I didn't find it useful and more navigative, even with the running time. I added infoboxes in Inch by Inch (film) and Jumper (1991 film), but I find the latter's infobox more useful than the other. About infoboxes in general... well, here's the ArbCom case about them. Since then, usually infobox discussions are civil, including Talk:Video Killed the Radio Star and failed proposals to add them, like one at "Government of the Republic of China" and one at "Cold War II" (yes, that's an article!); sometimes biographical ones get heated, like one at "Stanley Kubrick", but then I realize that discussions about biographical infoboxes tend to get civil when there's not one uncivil person present. --George Ho (talk) 09:22, 15 July 2017 (UTC)