User talk:HarrisonB/Archive 2007/March
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
Welcome - and some comments about Ford AU Falcon
- Hi there - Welcome to Wikipedia. You asked for some comments at WikiProject Australia about the article Ford AU Falcon that you finished. I have made a couple of edits and have the following comments that I hope you will find helpful. Firstly it is good to see you start on something that you obviously have a passion for. You will note that I have added a references required tag - this is because whatever you write must be verifiable from at least one reliable third party. If you go to a sister article Ford Falcon you will see what I mean. I have tried to assist you by starting the subheading References and External Links. Try looking at the edit page of the Ford Falcon article and you will probably see immediately how to reference - but if you need help please just ask and I will see what I can do to assist. I also suggest the following links which might be helpful to you now that you have arrived:-
- Be Bold!
- Don't let grumpy users scare you off
- Meet other new users
- Policies, guidelines, and rules
- How to create a page, edit a page and write a great article
- A handy tutorial, and a picture tutorial
- Writing well
- Learn from others
- Play nicely with others
- Contribute, Contribute, Contribute!
- Tell us about yourself
- Be inspired by our finest!
- Thanks for your response on my talk page ....
Ahmmm - well I am not really your best help for the EL Falcon or cars in that way. It is not my primary interest - but I was interested in answering your plea for help on WikiProject Australia. I am not quite sure what point you are making regarding the info box (as I didn't alter it in any way). My main concern was to show you support (as a new editor) and also to point you in the direction of writing good to great articles. Apart from language and grammar - which by and large you have a good grasp of you desperately need to focus on referencing - that means that you really can't write anything unless you can and do back it up with a third party reference. At the moment the article reads a little like a promotional pamphlet but broad references (from a number of sources) will help that. In terms of meeting people - it is quite simply really - edit in your field of interest, edit well showing clear references that give a Neutral Point of View and talk to people on other Car Pages and you will have Falcon (and for that matter Holden, Toyota, Mitisubishi etc) friends before you can say Ford wins Bathurst. Just keep going - make a commitment to edit a few edits every day and you will be noticed very very quickly. --VS talk 06:16, 6 March 2007 (UTC)
Your question - Barnstars
Hi Harrison, thanks for your question - Barnstars are given by fellow members of the Wiki community when that person believes that an editor has done a particularly good job on an article or a project. There is no set criteria for giving or receiving - some times they seem to come for relatively small achievements and sometimes for much larger ones. Whilst any compliment (including Barnstars) are nice to receive - in general (well in my opinion anyway) the best compliment you will receive is a feeling of satisfaction that you have added something of real value to an area of Wiki.--VS talk
Image tagging for Image:Markgasnier_wideweb_430x387.jpg
Thanks for uploading Image:Markgasnier_wideweb_430x387.jpg. The image has been identified as not specifying the source and creator of the image, which is required by Wikipedia's policy on images. If you don't indicate the source and creator of the image on the image's description page, it may be deleted some time in the next seven days. If you have uploaded other images, please verify that you have provided source information for them as well.
For more information on using images, see the following pages: