- 1 answer to message
- 2 DRN clerk bot
- 3 Pinging on G13 notifications for HasteurBot
- 4 A kitten for you!
- 5 List of Nodame Cantabile chapters
- 6 Thoughts regarding CSD G13
- 7 Two more things
- 8 DRN Clerk Bot
- 9 Ozaku link update problems
- 10 Zombie Threads at WP:DRN ?
- 11 12:03:35, 11 July 2015 review of submission by 126.96.36.199
- 12 wrong location for question
- 13 DRN Status Bot
- 14 Mail
- 15 Amon Carter Museum Edit-a-thon Update
- 16 Article on Dezeen
- 17 A barnstar for you!
- 18 DRN Clerk Bot
- 19 Good faith mistake on ANI
- 20 Retraction of Arbcom Request and Continued ANI Discussion
- 21 Eligible for CSD:G13 sign-up
- 22 DRN Clerk Bot (again!)
- 23 Shruti Reddy appeal time
- 24 drn
- 25 Wikipedia:Requests for adminship/nms642
answer to message
Hi, Hasteur. I hope this is the correct way to get in touch with you. I received a message from you. Yet, I couldn't find a button to answer it, only this page here. this is in regard to your message to me / comment about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Carola_Stabe The references are in German, Ms. Stabe is an important GDR dissident. Her work was published in the books or links that are added to the page. Please let me know what else you need to legitimize this account and bear with me - I'm not a wikipedia editor and don't know much about the technical ways of communicating in here, als I'm not in wikipedia on a regular basis. However, if you write to my site again, I should be able to see it sooner or later. Thank you. When6is9.
DRN clerk bot
Thanks for putting the DRN clerk bot together. Is it at all possible to change the timestamp it generates, so instead of spitting out a date, it compares the current time to the time a case was filed/last edited by a party/volunteer, and display the difference in days and hours (e.g. 2 days, 4 hours). It would make that box a bit more useful :) Steven Zhang Help resolve disputes! 22:43, 31 May 2015 (UTC)
- @Steven Zhang: Something like this? Also since this is a community task can you show me where you've secured community consensus to make this change? Hasteur (talk) 13:24, 1 June 2015 (UTC)
Pinging on G13 notifications for HasteurBot
Hi Hasteur, I've noticed recently that when HasteurBot places a G13 notification on a user's talk page, not only is it a minor edit but also the user is not pinged. This seems a bit shady to me, since the user would be unaware of the notification unless they are actively patrolling their own talk page. I don't know if all bot edits are minor by default, but maybe adding a ping to the notification would help out. Cheers, Primefac (talk) 22:05, 4 June 2015 (UTC)
A kitten for you!
Kittens are so cute!! You deserve a kitten every day!!!
List of Nodame Cantabile chapters
In "List of Nodame Cantabile chapters", all Kodansha links are dead. I wonder if you could research a bit if there could be an easy way to spot these and fixx them by bot. Probably, there are more Kodansha links in other pages. -- Magioladitis (talk) 12:19, 14 June 2015 (UTC)
Thoughts regarding CSD G13
Please note that, regardless of the namespace, I make G13 nominations only for the most hopeless pages that have zero chance of ever becoming articles. In many cases, these pages are not drafts at all, just putrid nonsense. These pages also do not carry the AFC templates, which is the reason they lie undiscovered and untouched for periods sometimes as long as three years. In my view, pages that have been reviewed by a reviewer have no reason to be speedily deleted, provided that it does not consist of any objectionable content which would qualify it for deletion under any of the CSD G criteria. I disagree with the concept of CSD G13. We don't need a criterion to speedy delete pages simply beacuse they have not been edited for some period of time. Defending such deletions using the arguement that WP is not a web host for indefinite hosting of content that could possibly be unfit for the encyclopedia is okay, but there should be a delay system of at least four days so that these can be examined. What we really need is a criterion to dispose off junk that were never intended as drafts, like this one. Drafts with which the only problem is that they are not being improved should be handled through PROD or XfD processes, or through the CSD process itself, but with a delay system, as is currently the case with C1 deletioms (4 days delay period), and with T3, F4 and F6 deletions (7 days delay period). 188.8.131.52 (talk) 19:41, 15 June 2015 (UTC)
- 184.108.40.206 G13 is written for a very narrow case where pages are not making any improvement in moving to being accepted. The vitaL link you presented could be eligible under G13 on July 8th, however because the way it reads, there's a case for CSD:G11 (Advertising) and CSD:G2 (Test page) currently. CSD:G13 isn't all that "fast" it's more an "You knew the rules for this process and now that you haven't improved the page (and been warned about the lack of improvements) it's now going to be deleted". Furthermore, if you don't think something belongs and it's not eligible under the G series of speedies, you can always nominate for MFD. Hasteur (talk) 19:51, 15 June 2015 (UTC)
- That page does not qualify G11 since it isn't advertising (although if anyone does nominate it for G11, the reviewing admin may still go ahead with the deletion). Neither is it a test page since it is obviously not intended for testing purpose. It is an "about me" description of a 15-year old teen, which is exactly what I mean by unencyclopedic! It's also worth pointing out that page is eligible for G13 deletion at present since the last non-bot edit was way back in October 2013. What you always fail to understand is that bot edits do not affect G13 eligibility. WP:G13 is very clear on this: Rejected or unsubmitted Articles for creation pages that have not been edited in over six months (excluding bot edits). (emphasis not mine). 220.127.116.11 (talk) 07:09, 16 June 2015 (UTC)
- Coming back to the other part of your reply, the reason I disagree with CSD G13 is that I don't think deleting content that could be salvagable simply because they have not been edited in a particular period of time, is going to do The Project any good. The existence of these drafts does not cause any harm. Deleting might even be harmful to the project since a good number of salvagable drafts unquestionably do get deleted, since the category reviewers won't be having the time to review each one of the hundreds of drafts that get nominated. See also Ivanvector's views on this subject. You say that I am trying to "lob every page that lives in Draft namespace under the G13 criteria", even though it is yourself who's doing that. Your bot has so shamelessly, if I may say, nominated thousands of pages for speedy deletion without once going through them, of course. The problem with G13 lies in the fact that any admin has the full rights to delete a draft even if its way to becoming an article is a 30-second Google search away. Of course, this is true, since G13 is a speedy criterion. And there are many admins who do carelessly make such deletions. Giving a 30-day leeway period to the page creator is rarely ever useful since it the original creator of a draft may just never return to it. In most cases, these drafts are created by casual users who may never be editing again after the initial efforts. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 19:57, 16 June 2015 (UTC)
Two more things
- Are you aware of the page Wikipedia:Requested moves/Old AFC submissions? It is a full list of all drafts that are there in the Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation pseudo-namespace.
- I see that the HasteurBot does not keep a CSD log. It would be useful if it has a CSD log as it would help in reviewing the bot's nominations more easily than scouring through the contribs for user talk page notifications. Looking at the number of blue links vs red links would be useful.
- @22.214.171.124: Ok, with your very narrow focus and proficiency, I'm going to stop responding until you resume editing with your account as you appear to be evading scrutiny on your actions. Hasteur (talk) 19:53, 15 June 2015 (UTC)
DRN Clerk Bot
I think that a lesson we have learned about the DRN clerk bot is that if mediation is requested for an article, and it is declined, and it is then requested again, the duplication causes the bot to get stuck. My advice would be to have the bot check for an old mediation request with the same name. If it finds one, it can append 2 to it, as "Eurofighter Typhoon 2". That is a suggestion. Robert McClenon (talk) 21:59, 18 June 2015 (UTC)
- Bot is not authorized to change the titles of the sections (and I wouldn't want it to). Bot is simply digesting the status page and updating a template. Also, context would be good... Hasteur (talk) 23:43, 18 June 2015 (UTC)
Please check for errors such as the one found in this diff. The link to the archived page should either, have been left in place, commented out, or removed. Regards. – Allen4names (contributions) 08:02, 21 June 2015 (UTC)
You are said to be a closer of zombie threads at the dispute resolution noticeboard. I don't know for certain what is meant by zombie threads, but my assumption is that they are threads that are supposed to be dead that are not yet dead. If so, I think we have a few zombie threads that could use closing. One of them has had the statement by the filing party struck through, so I think that he wants to withdraw it. In one of them, the filing editor has been indeffed as a sockpuppet. In another of them, the editor with whom the filing editor had a dispute has been indeffed as a sockpuppet. Another of them appears to be a request to delete an article, and the filing editor has been advised to go to AFD (after creating an account). User:Steven Zhang has had a death in the family, and User:TransporterMan is busy. Can you please look and see if the zombies need to be exorcised (or whatever you do to zombies)? Thank you. Robert McClenon (talk) 16:44, 22 June 2015 (UTC)
- @Robert McClenon: Going to need some context of the threads you want me to look at. Hasteur (talk) 17:01, 22 June 2015 (UTC)
- The zombie cases are: Supercarrier (apparently withdrawn by filer), Rohingya people, where only one editor was listed, and that editor is blocked, and there appear to be other editors, but they were not listed by the filer; Pam Reynolds, where the filing party has been indeffed; and Zulu, which seems to be really about whether to delete the article. They should all be obvious, because they are all sitting on the noticeboard in a New status but with comments. I would normally let Steven close them, but he is on a break. Questions? Robert McClenon (talk) 17:27, 22 June 2015 (UTC)
12:03:35, 11 July 2015 review of submission by 126.96.36.199
wrong location for question
Hi, Hasteur! You reverted a question I'd asked (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia_talk%3ADispute_resolution_noticeboard%2FFAQ&type=revision&diff=671497129&oldid=667335512) and I was wondering where would be the correct place to ask the question? Thanks! valereee (talk) 13:33, 15 July 2015 (UTC)
- @Valereee: DRN talk page. Where you put it was breaking the FAQ include to the DRN talk page having a stealth section that can't be found. Hasteur (talk) 13:40, 15 July 2015 (UTC)
- So just to clarify to myself -- I want to put it on the DRN talk page, rather than the "talk" page that is linked to the FAQ itself? (It did confuse me when I clicked to talk and found just an exact replica of the FAQ page. I thought there simply hadn't been any discussion.) valereee (talk) 13:58, 15 July 2015 (UTC)
DRN Status Bot
- Is it working as expected?  (no time since last edited in the last modified column for one of the cases). Steven Zhang Help resolve disputes! 08:09, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
- Yes. Going forward, youre going to have to provide more info than "It's nor working". Hasteur (talk) 13:05, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
- Steven Zhang Ah... If the last update was less than 1 hour ago, it leaves a blank because it's smaller than 60 minutes. I've tweaked the LUA template to put minutes in if nothing else shows up. Hasteur (talk) 13:21, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
Amon Carter Museum Edit-a-thon Update
The date of the upcoming edit-a-thon at the Amon Carter Museum of American Art in Fort Worth has been changed to October 10, 2015. An event page for the event should be forthcoming shortly. I'll be serving as the technical adviser for the event and your participation would be very much appreciated. I'll let you know when the event page is up. TransporterMan (talk) 18:28, 6 August 2015 (UTC)
Article on Dezeen
Hi, Hasteur. I have seen your message on the need to edit this article in order to avoid deletion. I am currently working on that and I have recently improved this article. Nevertheless I am now on hold before resubmitting it and keep on collecting more references (I admit it is still not completely clear to me how much reference is considered enough, thus I want to be sure my next re-submission will not be declined again). Best. jpboudin —Preceding undated comment added 08:02, 17 August 2015 (UTC)
- @Jpboudin: Hi there. It's HasteurBot that does the G13 warnings/nominations. It should be noted that it only checks time since the last edit, so as long as you've made an edit in the last 6 months, the bot ignores your article. Hasteur (talk) 13:16, 17 August 2015 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Random Acts of Kindness Barnstar|
|For your continued technical assistance at the DR noticeboard. Many big thanks!! — Keithbob • Talk • 19:09, 20 August 2015 (UTC)|
DRN Clerk Bot
- That was really a terribly filed case. Yuck. Since the filing template is supposed to be added by the filing code, one possibility is that the filing editor filed the case manually, which is deprecated, among other things because it tends to confuse the bot. In addition, the filing party left out most of the editors who had been involved either on the article page or the talk page, failed to notify, and failed to list himself as an editor. (Doesn't the code automatically list the filing party? Does that further imply a manual filing?) Thank you. Robert McClenon (talk) 15:30, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
Good faith mistake on ANI
Hey, I reverted your edit here. The proposal in question was for a mutual TBAN between me and another user, so inserting my name and not the other into the section title inadvertently biased it away from the original intent. I initially corrected it to a more accurate disambiguator, but since you disambiguated the RefHistory one as well, and since the discussion of me and the other user will likely soon be closed and archived, I figured it better to leave it the way it has been for most of the past two weeks.
Just leaving this message here so you know there were no hard feelings. I was initially very disturbed to see my name added to the section title, but when I found the reason I realized it was just a mistake. No harm no foul.
Cheers, and happy editing!
- @Hijiri: I named it explicitly because there is a second "Proposal" section on the page that made it difficult to figure out when navigating by anchor tag. I will be undoing it because the above section has your name on it. Please feel free to change the disambiguation to something else, however I think that since it's a TBAN involving you the descriptior is valid regardless of your "feelings". Hasteur (talk) 14:10, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
Retraction of Arbcom Request and Continued ANI Discussion
I did not realize that filing an Arbcom request would automatically close the ANI discussion; I initiated the Arbcom request at the suggestion of another user without realizing this would be the implication. How can I reopen the ANI discussion and close the Arbcom request until such time as discussions have concluded in ANI? That is what I would like to do. - VeritasVincitUSA (talk) 17:15, 10 September 2015 (UTC)
- VeritasVincitUSA I would first like to assert that I have absolutely no involvement with either DailyKos or the subject you are singularly focused on. You must positively say in the Case Request "I wish to withdraw my reuqest". The case request must then be removed by an ArbCom clerk either at direction of the Arbitrators or by the clerk's own initiative. Prior to that you should not re-open the original discussion. Hasteur (talk) 17:56, 10 September 2015 (UTC)
- I posted that statement at the end of the case request. With respect to single focus, you will see from my participation in the Koch Industries talk thread that the content I was submitted was NPOV and, specifically, not advocacy (or political, at all). When I see something (incredibly) broken, I like to fix it. I hope that, if not banned, I will be able to work with a broad coalition within the Wikipedia community to fix a part of the site that is, and has been, broken for seemingly quite a long time. - VeritasVincitUSA (talk) 18:02, 10 September 2015 (UTC)
Eligible for CSD:G13 sign-up
Hi Hasteur. I've been searching for where to sign up for your bot delivering the "The following pages have become eligible for CSD:G13" message, but couldn't find it. Would you point me in the right direction? Thanks, -- Sam Sailor Talk! 07:07, 19 September 2015 (UTC)
- @Sam Sailor: User:HasteurBot/G13 OptIn Notifications. Hasteur (talk) 18:23, 19 September 2015 (UTC)
DRN Clerk Bot (again!)
Shruti Reddy appeal time
Just curious, did you look at the deleted content? Instead of just declining the request because we don't normally refund A7s, I'd appreciate it if you treated this as an appeal. Please tell the guy "Nyttend made the right choice; speedy deletion was the right choice", or please decide that I went too far and immediately undelete it. Background information (all pro-deletion) appears in the "Removal of Speedy Deletion request" section of my talk page and the "Shruti Reddy" section of User talk:Josu4u (basically, it looks like someone's trying to promote a minor actress), while since I've not heard any anti-deletion arguments, I unfortunately can't present any of them to you. Nyttend (talk) 20:18, 6 October 2015 (UTC)
- Nyttend I'm not an admin, however any refund requests that were deleted because of any CSD are procedurally declined at Undelete becasue they are not uncontraversial. Hasteur (talk) 20:22, 6 October 2015 (UTC)
- Oh, somehow I thought you were an admin. Sorry to bother you. I understand that they're normally procedurally undeclined, but it's normal to review an admin action at the acting admin's request — but of course you can't if you can't see the content. Nyttend (talk) 20:24, 6 October 2015 (UTC)
- Well, Hasteur said "Unsuitable for DRN as they've only been registered 3 days", and that's fair. Drmies (talk) 16:20, 9 October 2015 (UTC)
Hi. Next time you come across something like this, please do the candidate a favour and just revert it before its gets transcluded or get an admin to quietly G6 it. That's what we usually do, Thanks. --Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 18:08, 9 October 2015 (UTC)