User talk:Heymid/2011 July
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
Nomination of Niklas Lundström for deletion
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Niklas Lundström (2nd nomination) until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on good quality evidence, and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion template from the top of the article. Oonissie (talk) 16:58, 2 July 2011 (UTC)
Greetings! I see you have recently created one or more new stub templates or categories. As it states at Wikipedia:Stub, at the top of most stub categories, and in many other places on Wikipedia, it is recommended that new stub types be proposed prior to creation at Wikipedia:WikiProject Stub sorting/Proposals. This helps to reach consensus about whether the new stub type is already covered by existing stub types, whether it is named according to stub naming guidelines, whether it is otherwise correctly formatted, whether it reaches the standard threshold for creation of a new stub type, and whether it crosses existing stub type hierarchies. Your new stub type is currently listed at Wikipedia:WikiProject Stub sorting/Discoveries, where comments are welcome as to any rationale for this stub type. Please, in future, consider proposing new stub types first at Wikipedia:WikiProject Stub sorting/Proposals! Grutness...wha? 12:41, 5 July 2011 (UTC)
- Please investigate wild accusations before accusing innocent beings. Puffin Let's talk! 12:49, 5 July 2011 (UTC)
- Hello. I apologize for being un-aware of the statement at Wikipedia:Stub. From now on I will first propose a stub template before creating it. Thanks, HeyMid (contribs) 14:24, 5 July 2011 (UTC)
I have corrected your edit where you changed the external links name field. Please note that the name field is for what's used at the websites, not for whatever you feel like using. Dolovis (talk) 06:29, 13 July 2011 (UTC)
- OK, but please tell me: what Wikipedia policy/guideline justification do you have for that edit? Your page-move ban is meant to stop you from changing diacritics. HeyMid (contribs) 08:04, 13 July 2011 (UTC)
Copy-pasting of content
You should not copy-paste from content pages to redirect pages, and vice-versa, in order to "have the article in the right place", like you did with Talk:Augustin Bubník and Talk:Miroslav Blaťák. This rule goes for article talk pages too. The correct procedure is to add a db-g6 request – or, in the case of talk pages, db-g8. If content is copy-pasted across pages, and the target page is subsequently moved, all history will be lost. So please stop.
If you are unfamiliar with how to use the db-g6 template, or in any other matter relating to moving pages, I will be happy to assist or answer your questions.
- Hello again. My copy-paste moves of the talk pages completed my copy-paste moves of their mainspace pages last month. Looking at the redirects that Dolovis has created, there may be a few hundred diacritics-related redirects to fix, which would mean that a lot of speedy deletion requests would have to be made. I will let the issue rest for a while now. Regards, HeyMid (contribs) 14:48, 13 July 2011 (UTC)
- I've fixed the two copy pastes. -DJSasso (talk) 17:02, 13 July 2011 (UTC)
Please stop moving articles to titles with diacritics as you have done with Peter Čerešňák, Marek Bartánus, David Tůma, Juha-Pekka Pietilä, Timo Lindström, Toni Kirén, and Eero Väre. Please be aware that such moves are controversial, and therefore holding a discussion per Wikipedia:Requested moves prior to such a move is required. Dolovis (talk) 05:59, 15 July 2011 (UTC)
- Dolovis, your moves are also controversial. The RFC will likely be closed as "no consensus", which is why we have the WP:HOCKEY#Wikiproject notice compromise. Also, I said above that I'm not going to move any further pages with regards to diacritics. I will also accept any consensus in the requested moves. Thanks, HeyMid (contribs) 07:34, 15 July 2011 (UTC)
Team article moves
When you move an article for a team please be aware that you should be concerned about the consistency of the title throughout Wikipedia. For example, with your move from "HC Amur Khabarovsk" to "Amur Khabarovskto", please be aware that [Category:HC Amur Khabarovsk] and [Category:HC Amur Khabarovsk players] might also need to be renamed, and this may lead to other naming inconsistencies between other teams within that league. Dolovis (talk) 15:13, 17 July 2011 (UTC)
You are right, it was not my comment, but it is a word that at least I didn't know - English not my first language. I liked both explanation and stress, and thank you for understanding that, smile, --Gerda Arendt (talk) 11:08, 22 July 2011 (UTC)