User talk:Hut 8.5
Archive 1 (Aug 2006 - Feb 2007)
- 1 Pyrrho (RDBMS) and bikes
- 2 FIFA copyright issue
- 3 Job Order Contracting Page Deletion
- 4 Happy first edit day
- 5 User talk:GAYBJ
- 6 Gabriella Crespi's page
- 7 Hi
- 8 Josve05a incorrectly marked content on my page for deletion
- 9 Page recreation
- 10 Why was my page deleted?
- 11 You calling my work "Drivel" and deleting a biography Draft Page
- 12 Have a wonderful time!!!
Pyrrho (RDBMS) and bikes
Regarding: Pyrrho (RDBMS). While at DRV it is arguably not necessary to restore the talk page with an unspeedy it is, both because it can contain notability information/references and because it probably triggers notification to relevant wikiprojects. I do not believe Talk:Pyrrho (RDBMS) has been restored. Pyrrho is likely most skeptical about this. I am somewhat hopeful you will be more happy to do this than you were with the refund of Guardian Bikes ... you might care to read this ... User_talk:Scruitineer#Guardian Bikes - explanation of deletion. ( I also have a couple of essentially technology bike articles based in draft ... they may or may not go forward if I take the urge ) As to my position on bikes you may read this ... User talk:Djm-leighpark#Car user and Daily Mail only reader?. Please be aware I have a wry and dry sense of humour and at least someone has taken that DRV and unspeedied it and AfD was inevitable. Please keep up your good work .... you get through a lot (though please refund my stuff in future!) ... thanks in good faith.Djm-leighpark (talk) 21:41, 3 July 2018 (UTC)
- Alright, there's no need to offer a long argument about the talk page, it just didn't occur to me that there was a talk page which should be restored and hadn't been restored already. I've restored it now. Hut 8.5 06:48, 4 July 2018 (UTC)
FIFA copyright issue
Hello. :) I just wanted to drop you a note to say that I wasn't sure if you intended to close out the FIFA listing at Wikipedia:Copyright problems/2018 June 24, so I have gone ahead and done so. Apologies if that was redundant to your intentions! As it happens, we agree on the conclusion, so that works out handily. I did drop a honking big wall of text about copyright law and precedence and our own policies, as I saw a lot of alarming misunderstandings in the talk page especially about the way things work. --Moonriddengirl (talk) 14:56, 14 July 2018 (UTC)
- @Moonriddengirl: no problem, I wasn't sure whether to close it or leave it open for further comments, and you've answered it more comprehensively and authoritatively than I could have! Hut 8.5 17:26, 14 July 2018 (UTC)
Job Order Contracting Page Deletion
Hello Hut 8.5: I'm inquiring on your deletion of the following page:
edited 13:23, 21 July 2018 (UTC) Thank you Hut 8.5 for replying to my query on this deletion. I hope I am responding in the appropriate place here. "We" in my inquiry above, are the Center for JOC Excellence, which is a US based non-profit Industry association comprised of Public Agencies (Federal, State, and Local Governments) and Contractors utilizing the Job Order Contracting technique. I'm providing a link to CJE Association here:
I am a former National Board member of this association, and currently on the education committee for it. I did not create the original article nor have I previously contributed to it; I concur with your assessment that the page had evolved into an advertising medium, which we attribute to certain JOC practitioner promoting its own version of JOC. I'm not certain who declared CJE ownership of the article either, but I understand that no one "owns" any articles. Perhaps we should have had a custodian responsible for monitoring the article evolution, but we did not. To that end, we'd like to recreate it in compliance with Wikipedia guidelines, however I don't have a copy of the original...is there somewhere we could recover that, amend it in compliance, and then republish? Also, thank you for your earlier prompt reply and help in this matter.Gssmith1986 (talk) 13:23, 21 July 2018 (UTC)gssmith1986
Happy first edit day
- @Jim1138: sorry, I went offline after the block, I see someone else has already taken care of it. Hut 8.5 17:18, 24 July 2018 (UTC)
Gabriella Crespi's page
Hi, sorry for bothering but I wanted to ask some help with Crespi's page. I am a fan of her work and I re-edited the page many times to solve the issues pointed out, but I am not understanding what I am doing wrong. Could I ask you a piece of advice? Thank you very much. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Lorenzo Mattiello (talk • contribs) 13:03, 30 July 2018 (UTC)
Josve05a incorrectly marked content on my page for deletion
Josve05a has marked a load of labourously created press citations as copyright violation, when that is not correct. I have brought this to his attention, and he has asked me to request the undeletion of this mistakenly tagged content here. The page in question is for the game Insane Robots. Thank you.
Hi Hut 8.5. You recently deleted Wikipedia talk:UPIMAGE, which I had nominated as WP:G2. Do you find it strange that it was the second time that it had been created? I had nominated it back in May, for the same reason, and deleted it. It was created the first time by and the second time by .
- @Drm310: I suppose they could be socks but I doubt it and it doesn't make much difference. Googling the word "Hoxaifa" returns names of people living in India or Pakistan, so I suspect that user is from somewhere around there. The other user claimed in an edit summary to be a Nollywood film producer and director. Even if that's not true I suspect they're from Africa. The contents of the pages doesn't show any similarity. Neither user has made any other edits other than creating their user pages so it doesn't make much difference if they are socks and we don't have anything else to go on anyway. Hut 8.5 06:47, 8 August 2018 (UTC)
Why was my page deleted?
You have deleted my page on Language MOOCs:
Apparently due to:
22:26, 8 November 2016 Hut 8.5 (talk | contribs) deleted page Draft:Language MOOC (L-MOOC) (G7: One author who has requested deletion or blanked the page)
Who asked for it to be deleted? Can I have it back please?
I appreciate that it needs to be finished but will do so.
You calling my work "Drivel" and deleting a biography Draft Page
You deleted a Draft page written by a 3rd party (not by me) entitled "Draft:Richard_P._Crandall".
You said it violated copyright restrictions and you called my physics research "Drivel".
I am Richard P. Crandall (physicist), the person whom the Draft article was about. The author of that was simply referencing my autobiography which is on my website. I have written 2 published books, and have appeared on at least one television show, which aired in the state of Connecticut. I am ALLOWING that third party person to use my content Without Restriction. He has my permission to publish such article about me. Also my physics is not "Drivel". That is unfair and pre-judgmental BIAS. And it's not nice to say that to a person whom doctors have given only 1 more month to live!!!
I ask that you un-delete the article, and THEN let OTHER editors handle it!
And, I demand an apology.