My talk. Archived messages are here.
- 1 Cooper Union
- 2 News7 Tamil
- 3 Indibloggies deletion
- 4 Next time you want to accuse someone of removing content without explanation...
- 5 October 2017
- 6 Bible
- 7 New Page Reviewing
- 8 Manx Fencibles (badminton club)
- 9 Mirpur
- 10 Mister wiki case has been accepted
- 11 ArbCom 2017 election voter message
- 12 Kettlethorpe High School
- 13 ANI Experiences survey
- 14 Gole Turkey
- 15 Happy Holidays
- 16 Rokicki
- 17 Your recent comments about Cabalen
- 18 Nomination of FMW 4th Anniversary Show for deletion
- 19 Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
- 20 A barnstar for you!
- 21 New page reviewer granted
- 22 "Sharron Ullrick"
- 23 Article page Eric Edwards
- 24 NPP Backlog Drive Appreciation
- 25 New Page Reviewer Newsletter
- 26 New Page Review Newsletter No.10
- 27 Orphaned non-free image File:Imsalogo.gif
- 28 NPR Newsletter No.11 25 May 2018
- 29 Bishop Allen Academy Edit Deletion
- 30 Comment re: Michelle Slatalla page
- 31 NPP Backlog Elimination Drive
- 32 Australia - country or continent?
The existence of "fact" tags is not an excuse for not doing any legwork and looking something up, nor is it a reason to tag onbious facts that anyone familiar with the subject would recognize as valid. Your ignorance of a subject is not excuse for tagging something without researcing it. If you don't know anything about the subject, you probably have no business editing the article.
I've removed again the claims that News7 Tamil operates with a Christian bias. No reliable source is given for this claim, and Facsix was correct in removing it. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 17:00, 19 September 2017 (UTC)
- Then I owe Facsix an appology. Thank-you for the head's up. Ifnord (talk) 20:44, 19 September 2017 (UTC)
I saw your note voting for the deletion of this page. I just wanted to register here my dismay, because you mention that its a blog, which shows that you probably have no idea on what is difference between a blog and a blog award website. Its pretty funny One random wikipedian (who actually has made almost nil contribution on English wikipedia) marks an article for deletion, and then he and you together are able to delete it, while so many people contributed towards the creation of that page. Would you please hold the same standard and vote for the deletion of the page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Weblog_Awards_(Bloggies), because Indibloggies was parodied upon this weblog award site. Why is this pages still there (despite the notice hanging there since over 2 years (since Feb 2015), but Indibloggies was deleted in a hurried manner? Debashish (talk) 19:06, 27 September 2017 (UTC)
- @Debashish: That discussion involves notability for that specific article. Unfortunately, it is not notable enough for an encyclopedic article, please visit WP:GNG. It was not compared to another article, and it does not logically follow that any other article needs to be either deleted or included simply based on another article's AfD; please see WP:WHATABOUTX. Ifnord (talk) 15:30, 28 September 2017 (UTC)
- @Ifnord: I think you conveniently evaded the crux of my message. Why is it that this article was deleted in a hurry when a similar article in all respects has a notability notice since past 2 years and has still not been deleted. From your note I presume that you are not a subject matter expert on blogs, what made you suddenly take a decision on this is my query. Now on notability, I don't think you were non partisan in your decision:
- * How does an article which stood on Wikipedia since many years suddenly became non-notable? Is it because the site is defunct, if so why is there is a page on Yahoo Geocities still there. Its there because Geocities made a huge difference in the life of people using internet and even if its closed its services long ago, it still has a historical significance.
- * The article links to various Newspapers, Google Scholar quotes etc, all necessary citations are there. How is it still not notable?
- * There has been no other blog award from India that ever ran so long or enjoyed so much popularity, I am sure you didn't care to research on it, before jumping to conclusion. Debashish (talk) 08:52, 30 September 2017 (UTC)
Next time you want to accuse someone of removing content without explanation...
...Maybe check to see if they have given an explanation? In this case, there was in fact an explanation. In fact, it appears to be YOU who did not provide an explanation for your undo. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 22:08, 11 October 2017 (UTC)
- 188.8.131.52 While you put an edit summary, I didn't think it was a sufficient and encouraged you to use the talk page to get consensus from other editors. I spend the bulk of my time trying to revert vandalism on articles but I do make mistakes. My intent to to neither discourage constructive edits nor push any point of view, I do not have any attachment to the articles I edit. I would encourage you to register a username, this would make any future edits less likely to be tagged as vandalism. I apologize for any inconvenience. Ifnord (talk) 23:29, 16 November 2017 (UTC)
Ouch! You've used a template to send a message to an experienced editor. Please review the essay Wikipedia:Don't template the regulars or maybe listen to a little advice. Doesn't this feel cold, impersonal, and canned? It's meant in good humour. Best wishes. Home Lander (talk) 18:23, 20 October 2017 (UTC)
- This is clearly not good-faith editing, hence the level 3 warning that I left them. Thanks. Home Lander (talk) 18:23, 20 October 2017 (UTC)
- @Banzernax: You removed referenced material which you appear not to agree with and added unreferenced material. Please have a look at WP:POV. Ifnord (talk) 14:27, 18 November 2017 (UTC)
New Page Reviewing
I noticed you've done some constructive editing recently.
I notice that you have the "administrator someday" userbox. Reviewing new pages is one of the best ways to develop experience needed to successfully wield the mop. — Insertcleverphrasehere (or here) 10:22, 27 November 2017 (UTC)
Manx Fencibles (badminton club)
Hi, I noticed you commented on this AFD. There is a similar AFD going on here, and if you'd like please share your thoughts here as well. . Thanks! Sportsfan 1234 (talk) 21:44, 21 November 2017 (UTC)
Hi the reason why I removed it is becaude it is undue furthermore that section on Sikhs and Hindus shows one side plus if you look at Jammu article there is no mention of a Muslim massacre which took place so its unfair mirpur should accomidate the Hindi and Sikh agenda. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 21:06, 24 November 2017 (UTC)
- 220.127.116.11 You are welcome to add information if you provide a reliable source. Please see WP:cite. But, articles are not compared to one another, they stand on their own. Please see WP:WHATABOUTX. Ifnord (talk) 21:09, 24 November 2017 (UTC)
Mister wiki case has been accepted
You were recently listed as a party to or recently offered a statement in a request for arbitration. The Arbitration Committee has accepted that request for arbitration and an arbitration case has been opened at Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Conduct of Mister Wiki editors. Evidence that you wish the arbitrators to consider should be added to the evidence subpage, at Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Conduct of Mister Wiki editors/Evidence. Please add your evidence by December 15, 2017, which is when the evidence phase closes. You can also contribute to the case workshop subpage, Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Conduct of Mister Wiki editors/Workshop. For a guide to the arbitration process, see Wikipedia:Arbitration/Guide to arbitration. For the Arbitration Committee, Kostas20142 (talk) 21:34, 1 December 2017 (UTC)
ArbCom 2017 election voter message
Kettlethorpe High School
Hello, I'm VsauceMichaelStevens. I wanted to inform you of the Kettlethorpe High School Page (which I had just edited a short time ago). I consider myself someone who greatly cares about the reputation of the facility, so I have a great distaste to the school being referred to as "Sketty Ketty" in casual sentences and compared to a "Siberian Work Camp". Neither of the paragraphs listed even have correct punctuation such as full stops at the end of sentences. I would have very much liked to fix these problems and make grand, insulting sentences about the facility seem like only certain opinions (as opposed to them being presented as truths). I did attempt to do this, but all of my edits have been removed from the page and the page itself has been completely reverted back to its primitive, unpolished state. As I said before, I care very deeply about this School so being restricted from trying to improve the state of the page very much distressed me.
- When your edits refer to a teacher as "disgruntled", I doubt you're interested fully in the reputation of the facility.  I have requested page protection to try and mitigate vandalism; I encourage you to contribute in a constructive way. Ifnord (talk) 00:04, 5 December 2017 (UTC)
ANI Experiences survey
The Wikimedia Foundation Community health initiative (led by the Safety and Support and Anti-Harassment Tools team) is conducting a survey for en.wikipedia contributors on their experience and satisfaction level with the Administrator’s Noticeboard/Incidents. This survey will be integral to gathering information about how this noticeboard works - which problems it deals with well, and which problems it struggles with.
If you would like to take this survey, please sign up on this page, and a link for the survey will be mailed to you via Special:Emailuser.
Please be aware this survey will close Friday, Dec. 8 at 23:00 UTC.
- Hey Ifnord. Thanks for signing up to to take the AN/I survey. As you don't have email enabled, I am unable to send you the survey link. If you don't want enable email just for this, you can email me at pearleywikimedia.org and I can send it on to the address you use. Best, Patrick Earley (WMF) (talk) 01:11, 7 December 2017 (UTC)
|Wishing you a happy holiday season! Times flies and 2018 is around the corner. Thank you for your contributions. ~ K.e.coffman (talk) 01:07, 21 December 2017 (UTC)|
Your recent comments about Cabalen
Glad you enjoyed my reversion of some just deleted material describing food served at Cabalen that were removed by some over zealous editors (on 6 November 2017 and 22 December 2017).
If you are interested in reading about exotic food items that are served by that restaurant, please looked at the deleted newspaper references (just ignore the unreferenced deleted material). Since I don't have time to read all of the deleted newspaper references and restore some of the recently deleted material, you might be able to find some interesting material about other delicacies that needs to be re-added to the article, especially those that may have pictures in Wikimedia Commons, like the one I just found, but sadly no articles in Wikipedia:en (I wish someone would be able to write an article about Gatang Kuholl and similar dishes, since those are just meaningless words to me right now.) You might help be restoring some of the recently deleted material that could be supported and justified. -- 18.104.22.168 (talk) 02:54, 28 December 2017 (UTC)
I don't think I found it non-notable. It was the biggest annual event of FMW and there is no specific reason to find it non-notable. It was the most significant event in the company's history and the sources have indicated it. If you still want to delete it after adding enough sources and working very hard then I shall restrain myself from wasting time in working hard to create articles in Wikipedia.--Mark Linton (talk) 04:06, 12 January 2018 (UTC)
Such people who may want to get detailed information on the event which they may be unable to get on other websites will be convenient in getting information on FMW's flagship event at Wikipedia. A free encyclopedia, as it claims, must provide information on FMW's biggest yearly event. Maybe puroresu fans are looking for such information and they may find it helpful. This information is definitely not false or wrong. Sources provided in the article are accurate, not only in the FMW 4th Anniversary Show but also in FMW 5th Anniversary Show, FMW 6th Anniversary Show, FMW 7th Anniversary Show, FMW 8th Anniversary Show, FMW 9th Anniversary Show, FMW 10th Anniversary Show, FMW 11th Anniversary Show, and FMW 12th Anniversary Show. The information in these articles may be helpful for readers who want to read and research on these below mentioned articles. Thanks. --Mark Linton (talk) 04:08, 12 January 2018 (UTC)
I am removing the deletion tag from these articles because I don't find them non-notable. If you still want to delete then you are admins and you have authority to do it. I cannot do anything about it and I don't need to give any explanation on it. I have already worked very hard and provided enough sources, which are true. If you will encourage me to expand these articles by removing "deletion tag" then I will provide more information and I think sources are enough to give information. If you do have any solid and suitable answer to my claims then do reply me on my talk page instead of deleting these articles and if you wanted to place "deletion tag" then you could have done it when I created these articles. Now, I can only request you, not to delete them after a lot of hard work and after a very long time. Thanks.--Mark Linton (talk) 04:11, 12 January 2018 (UTC)
Kindly respond to me on the Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/FMW 4th Anniversary Show discussion as I have provided YouTube links as significant coverage to the FMW Anniversary Show adhering to your WP:GNG policy.--Mark Linton (talk) 05:06, 12 January 2018 (UTC)
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
Just ignore my first edit, I accidently deleted more than I wanted, so I undid my edit, so I could start over and deal with it correctly.2601:1C2:4E00:BB1:B005:7074:5B1:915F (talk) 04:55, 23 January 2018 (UTC)
How to Get Away with Murder - I responded to your message. You are incorrect about how to make a name that ends in 's' possessive.
A barnstar for you!
|The Anti-Vandalism Barnstar|
|For your great work reverting vandalism. L293D (✉) 18:59, 27 January 2018 (UTC)|
- @L293D: Thank-you, so much! It made my day. =)
New page reviewer granted
Hello Ifnord. Your account has been added to the "
New page reviewers" user group, allowing you to review new pages and mark them as patrolled, tag them for maintenance issues, or in some cases, tag them for deletion. The list of articles awaiting review is located at the New Pages Feed. New page reviewing is a vital function for policing the quality of the encylopedia, if you have not already done so, you must read the new tutorial at New Pages Review, the linked guides and essays, and fully understand the various deletion criteria. If you need more help or wish to discuss the process, please join or start a thread at page reviewer talk.
- URGENT: Please consider helping get the huge backlog down to a manageable number of pages as soon as possible.
- Be nice to new users - they are often not aware of doing anything wrong.
- You will frequently be asked by users to explain why their page is being deleted - be formal and polite in your approach to them too, even if they are not.
- Don't review a page if you are not sure what to do. Just leave it for another reviewer.
- Remember that quality is quintessential to good patrolling. Take your time to patrol each article, there is no rush. Use the message feature and offer basic advice.
The reviewer right does not change your status or how you can edit articles. If you no longer want this user right, you may ask any administrator to remove it for you at any time. In case of abuse or persistent inaccuracy of reviewing, the right can be revoked at any time by an administrator. TonyBallioni (talk) 22:30, 27 January 2018 (UTC)
- Ifnord, I see you started the AfD process, yet I cannot locate the place where the relevant discussion is taking place, eg in the log or under the starting letter. Do you have any links? Thanks. -The Gnome (talk) 12:08, 29 January 2018 (UTC)
- @The Gnome:I actually tagged it with Prod, I did not AfD it. If you think Sharon Ullrick meets the notability guidelines, simply remove my tag from the page. That ends the process. Prod is much less formal than AfD, any objection stops it. Ifnord (talk) 14:11, 29 January 2018 (UTC)
Article page Eric Edwards
I saw your response in the decision to delete this page. I disagree that iMDB is not credible; I have never heard that you can pay to be included there, and even then there's a considerable difference between professional actors' profiles and amateur film students. Julio P. 01:45, 29 January 2018 (UTC)
- Sorry for butting in but I was just posting right above and saw your message. IMDb belongs to the category of "websites whose content is largely user-generated" and for this reason it "is also generally unacceptable" as a "reliable source". For more, see here. Take care. -The Gnome (talk) 12:12, 29 January 2018 (UTC)
NPP Backlog Drive Appreciation
|Thank you for reviewing articles during the 2018 NPP New Year Backlog Drive. Always more to do, but thanks for participating. — Insertcleverphrasehere (or here) 05:21, 31 January 2018 (UTC)|
New Page Reviewer Newsletter
New Page Review Newsletter No.10
Orphaned non-free image File:Imsalogo.gif
Thanks for uploading File:Imsalogo.gif. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described in section F5 of the criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. --B-bot (talk) 17:11, 6 April 2018 (UTC)
NPR Newsletter No.11 25 May 2018
Bishop Allen Academy Edit Deletion
Hello, I would like to request that you undo the deletion of my recent contribution to Bishop Allen Academy. As a contributor to the Bishop Allen community, and a frequent observer of its ongoing affairs, my update to its page was both accurate and constructive, contrary to your claim. Please undo the deletion - thank you. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Wewuzkangzayo123xd (talk • contribs) 23:23, 7 June 2018 (UTC)
Comment re: Michelle Slatalla page
Hi there, The reason I removed content from the Michelle Slatalla page was to try to fix the ref error messages at the bottom of the page. They said that the refs (which I removed) weren't used in the piece. Please advise the best course to correct these error messages if not to edit as I did. Thank you! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Rosied28 (talk • contribs) 19:11, 9 June 2018 (UTC)
NPP Backlog Elimination Drive
Australia - country or continent?
I noticed you reverted an edit of mine. I made this edit because not everybody agrees on what is considered part of Australia. Wikipedia articles should not take sides on what comprises the continent. It is clear what comprises the country. It is not in any territorial disputes. --2601:183:101:58D0:5D57:4B1C:A325:C74C (talk) 16:47, 19 June 2018 (UTC)
- @2601:183:101:58D0:5D57:4B1C:A325:C74C:I agree, the policy is not to provide original research but to only write what is already established. If you wish to make the changes, simply include a reliable reference to support it. --Ifnord (talk) 19:25, 19 June 2018 (UTC)
I have opened up a discussion Talk:Australia_(continent)#What_comprises_the_continent_of_Australia? to discuss the change. Please consider notifying others about the discussion. --2601:183:101:58D0:5D57:4B1C:A325:C74C (talk) 11:19, 20 June 2018 (UTC)