|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
|Industry||Digital Asset Management software industry|
|Founded||New York City, U.S. (1998 )|
|North America, Europe|
|Services||Consultancy, managed hosting services|
|Divisions||Orange Logic LLC, Orange Logic Europe|
Orange Logic (OL) designs, develops and manages enterprise software solutions for Digital Asset Management. Cortex3, the company’s current generation of software solutions, handles media management and licensing for photo agencies, news agencies, museums and non-governmental organizations. Cortex3 is delivered over the internet using the software as a service model.
Orange Logic LLC was incorporated in New York in 1998 to cover the North American market. In 2000, Orange Logic Europe was founded in France to cater for the European market.
The Réunion des Musées Nationaux (www.photo.rmn.fr) started using Cortex in 2002, Reuters in 2005 (www.pictures.reuters.com), Image Source (www.imagesource.com) in 2008 and George Eastman House in 2009. Large non-governmental organizations as well as many photo agencies also make use of Cortex3 Digital Asset Management solutions.
In 2004, Orange Logic implemented innovative development methodologies referred to as agile (agile software development), which are better suited to adapt quickly to businesses' evolving needs and minimize risk by developing software in shorter timeframes. Orange Logic development team today spends 60% of its time on Test Driven Development (a technique originating from the Extreme Programming methodology), hence detecting and preventing bugs as early as possible in the development process.
Products and Services
- Digital Asset Management with advanced search, keywording, thesaurus and albums facilities
- Online Media Distribution and Monetizing tools, for automated ecommerce sales as well as rights-managed licensing
- Contact Database with Customer Relationship Management features
- Accounting System to take care of orders, invoices and royalties computation and payments
- Content Management System to develop rich website pages (the website www.rencontres-arles, a major photography festival in France, is entirely built using Cortex3 CMS)
- Workflow and Events Management
- Reporting and Website Statistics
- Security Management
Orange Logic also provides a range of services such as consultancy, data migration, project management, training, support and hosting.
References and External Links
- Orange Logic official website
- Prix Web’Art d’Or for the Cortex-built website of the Réunion des Musées Nationaux (RMN) at the 2006 International Heritage Audiovisual & Multimedia Festival organized by AVICOM, the International Committee for Audiovisual and New Image and Sound Technologies
- Digitizing the Magnum archive by Matthew Murphy on the Magnum blog
- The new imagesource.com - Quicker. Easier. Brighter. Better. Press Release on PRLog.org