- Please add a new section to add a new comment. Loose comments are subject to being put in sections with accurate but ugly names. Unsigned comments will be signed by me according to the edit history; if this is not what you want, sign yourself with ~~~~.
- Regardless of (the absence of) any policy, please don't edit anyone's comments but your own, not even to fix a typo. It tends to upset people, and I don't want to upset people over my talk page. Thanks.
Dates are in ISO 8601 format for ease of comparison.
Notice of change
Hello. You are receiving this message because of a recent change to the administrator policy that alters what you were told at the time of your desysopping. The effect of the change is that you will not longer be able to request restoration of the tools because of your prior inactivity. You have until December 30, 2012 to request restoration or else the policy will prevent you from doing so in the future; you would need to seek a new WP:RFA. Until December 30, you can file a request at WP:BN for review by the crats. Thank you. MBisanz talk 04:22, 3 December 2012 (UTC)
(delivered by mabdul 22:33, 3 December 2012 (UTC))
- And like, wow ... this was the sanest, wisest response I've seen. If I could find a barnstar easily, I'd give you one for that alone! (✉→BWilkins←✎) 19:31, 23 December 2012 (UTC)
- Back in the day (said the crotchety old grandpa) we liked to pretend adminship was no big deal, and even back then it was obvious it kinda sort was, for a lot of people. If the community thinks admins should be held to a high standard of conduct, it wouldn't do to, erm, grandfather people in based on older standards if they've been away for such a long time as to render their previous actions almost irrelevant in terms of community standards. I've now read the rest of the notice board and the substantial drama there has only confirmed this. JRM · Talk 20:09, 23 December 2012 (UTC)
Seasons greetings, grandpa
- Hot diggity damn. I was half expecting to run into you, but it's still a surprise. I almost feel like throwing in some RC patrols and IRC witticism for good measure, make it a real party. JRM · Talk 20:26, 23 December 2012 (UTC)
Never mind the adminship, I can see from your contribs you were a valuable editor, doing lots of vandal-fighting and gnoming etc and we'd love to have you back. --Dweller (talk) 10:38, 24 December 2012 (UTC)
A bowl of strawberries for you!
|I applaud your decision at WP:BN. I don't begrudge any of those who are requesting return or keeping of the bit, but a lot has changed, and your decision impressed me. I don't really know you, but after a glance at your user page, I hope to, so I hope you will be active again. SPhilbrick(Talk) 13:33, 25 December 2012 (UTC)|
- I smell adventure. I may peek my nose into it. Maybe some RC patrolling... I'm sure I can quit any time I like. JRM · Talk 16:01, 25 December 2012 (UTC)
Change in Wikimood absent.png
I have removed the white background from your image File:Wikimood absent.png, revert the change if you do not like it .
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:50, 23 November 2015 (UTC)