Hi! I welcome your constructive comments. I will respond to them soon. Please:
- 1. Be Civil
- 2. Please be sure and let me know what article you are referring to by providing a wikilink.
- 3. Sign your comments, this is easy to do by placing four tildes (~~~~) at the end of your post.
- 4. Create a new section when starting a new topic.
- 5. Add new comments to the bottom of the appropriate section.
- 6. Do not edit or move comments which have been replied to, or have been on the page more than a couple of days.
Have a nice day!
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that you've added some links pointing to disambiguation pages. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
- Johnson & Wales University–North Miami Wildcats (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to Cross Country
- Warner University Royals (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to Cross Country
- Webber International University Warriors (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to Cross Country
In regards to Copiah Academy. I am an employee for Copiah Academy. I can provide whatever is necessary to provide our certifications and accrediation. I apologize if this is not the area where I’m suppose to post such items. However, I was asked to update wikipedia after receiving complaints from concerned parents and I have no expereince in commenting or escalating an issue through you. Learning as I go.
The information provided by the user Alarics if very inaccurate and it a deliberate attempt at vandalism. Obviously it’s a previous student who is resentful for unknown reasons. The school was NEVER based on segregation nor do we institute a “3 lick system” for discipline. We do not beat our children and students of every race attend our school. No one is ever turned away. If you review our current school handbook, which I tried to reference and link last night when editing the page, we use a demerit system and we have done so for over 20+ years. To strike a child is against the law. As an employee, I tried uploading our handbook as well as our official logo and motto only for it to be deleted. Now, this person, Alarics, has instituted a “vandalism tool” to prevent the very people who work at this school from providing accurate information? Yes, by all means, I can provide proof as to what is truthful. It is Alarics who cannot. I read wikipedia’s vandalism policy last night. It stated that I needed to provide a warning. Therefore, I did. It’s extremely disrespectful to insinuate this school is based on segregation. We just lost a beloved student who was also our football quarterback in a car accident. This young man was African American. Our school has been in the news locally because we’re in playoffs, dedicating each game to him, Jay Holloway. Google it. You can see for yourself how close knit and multi-racial we are. Finally, I simply want to provide accurate information about our wonderful school. Please block Alarics or just delete the page all together. Thank you.
And another thought, we have an outstanding dyslexia program as well as programs for other learning disorders for out K3-12th grade students. Not many schools, public or private, offer such specialized programs and I'd like to bring additional awareness to those who may need help/support for their child. I also tried to include that we offer financial aid to help offset the cost of tuition, as we are located in a rural farming community. This too was deleted as soon as I added it last night. Again, a deliberate attempt to make Copiah Academy look bad by Alarics.
- If there is ANY question as to the validity of who is being truthful, myself or Alarics, please just DELETE the wikipedia page. It was not created by Copiah Academy but by a resentful student/parent. It happens. We only expel students who get into physical altercations with other students or teachers and who fail three random drug tests. Otherwise, we do everything we can to help that person succeed. Our website is really the ONLY information we need, not this wikipedia page. Therefore, just please delete it. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Copiah (talk • contribs) 19:53, 12 November 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for your interest in improving Wikipedia, Copiah! It appears the information you have been trying to remove is documented. For example, the "three licks" information is found in the handbook currently on copiahedu.org, so nobody made that up! While the founding of the school happened a long time ago, and involved people who may be long gone, and my be unpalatable to you today, it is documented. What happened then is history, even if things are different today. Please take some time to read the links provided in the welcome information on your talk page. I think you will find them very helpful. Jacona (talk) 20:52, 12 November 2015 (UTC)
- Copiah. To add to what my esteemed colleague has told you above, it is not in any way optional to NOT disclose your exact connection to the school on both your userpage and on any article related to the school that you edit. Per our conflict of interest policy, best practice is for you to not edit the article at all, but to propose changes instead on the article talk page. You would do that by listing the exact change you want and providing appropriate references for it. Keep in mind, anything suggesting that the school is better or has achieved something will need to be referenced to a source that is both reliable and independent of the school or the corporation that owns it. It also must be written in a non promotional manner with absolutely no "marketing-speak". If you want something removed, you must provide good sources that contradict the referenced material you want out and a consensus will have to be built as to what to include. It may well be that you will not like the final outcome. That really is not important. What is important is arriving at the truth based on what others have written about your organization. John from Idegon (talk) 21:13, 12 November 2015 (UTC)
You just told me you undid a serious contribution that I made to Wikipedia about internet censorship. You just censored me over the internet! You claim this is an encyclopedia but it is a free one that free one that relies on the public to contribute. Maybe you should hire a paid staff. A couple of other of your cohorts have accused me of touching articles I haven't been to. Maybe if you didn't censor edits and articles, You would not find vandals. I have already seen inaccurate articles here. Wikipedia is unreliabe. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Bubbasbro (talk • contribs) 15:38, 13 November 2015 (UTC)
Your reverted edit was: "Wikipedia censors entries, edits and anything else relating to it's content. Here at Wikipedia, We do not believe in freedom of speech. Nor do we have any type of sense of humor." I really don't think I need to add anything more, other than to mention that there are at least two grammatical errors in your entry. Jacona (talk) 17:03, 13 November 2015 (UTC)
- This seems all quite DUCKy to me. Him offering up a BROTHER excuse while having brother in his name, basic trollish behavior, etc. John from Idegon (talk) 17:57, 13 November 2015 (UTC)
A snake for you.
|Snake master 1st class|
|trash Texaspoontappa68 (talk) 17:39, 20 November 2015 (UTC)|
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:04, 24 November 2015 (UTC)