User talk:Jeanne boleyn
This talk page is also known as the WikiBlitz Club, as I am hoping to attract all the hip, gear editors and malchicks to come and post amusing comments here. While I shall act as hostess and resident DJ, my colleague GoodDay will be responsible for providing the dancing boys and girls in the cages suspended from the Art-Deco ceiling. The music is eclectic- anything from Gregorian chants, Richard Wagner, Elvis Presley, David Bowie, Mozart, The Big Bopper, Small Faces, Yolanda Be Cool, Van McCoy, Kyu Sakamoto, Andrea True Connection, Johnny Cash, Motown, The Rolling Stones, the Beach Boys, Cockney Rebel, Haysi Fantayzee, Gerry and The Pacemakers, Pitbull, Lady Gaga, Stiff Little Fingers, Visage, The Doors, Bay City Rollers, TSOP, Sex Pistols, Led Zeppelin, Slade, The Sweet, Undertones, Santana, Jerry Reed, Van Morrison, Les Dudek, Deep Purple, Lene Lovich, Joy Division, Los Lobos, Communards, Pet Shop Boys, and Kate Bush will be played. The dress code is fluid; any type of fashion ranging from Roman togas, medieval halberks and cote-hardies to farthingales and ruffs; the Regency dandy, Mod, hippie, punk, goth, grunge; 1960s minis, glam rock-style lamé flared trousers and platforms, New Romantic pirate shirts and quiffs, expensive haute-couture is permissible. The club's official mascot is Anne Boleyn, which should serve as a reminder to patrons not to lose one's head whilst drinking our delightful concoctions prepared by our chief bartender Jack Forbes, as a host of dire consequences are likely to follow as a result, such as mind-blowing hangovers, morning-after guilt, amnesia, crabs, and the Nine-Months Screw. One last thing, music and passion are always the fashion at WikiBlitz.
Rude IPs who post on this page are wasting their time as I shall not read nor reply to their posts. Only registered users and polite IPs will be acknowledged. As for trolls, the bouncers will toss them out of my club. We also have a Roman Catholic priest on the premises to bless the drinks as well as provide moral security.
Physical violence is the first and only response for the hopelessly inarticulate, verbal violence is the first response of the true coward- Jeanne Boleyn, May 2009
Rest in peace, Titch. Your acts of kindness will never be forgotten True friendship never dies, it merely succors and comforts the spirit as we inexorably proceed towards the blue light of our own eternity. The second anniversary of your sad departure has not been overlooked.
Is this a private party or can anybody come?
Keith Richards doppelganger
Congratulations on writing an interesting, informative and well presented article. The referencing would need improving to pass WP:GA. e.g. refs 6 & 7 are probably from here. It needs formating. The Taylor refs should be in the bibliography and referenced to that. As many as possible of the other references should be linked to their web source, so that readers can check for themselves. Biography of The Miami Showband and info on the killings (in External links) is a deadlink. Other than that it would probably pass, depending on the reviewer. Nevertheless, I have some suggestions to improve it. You are welcome to make the changes, or not. I won't be offended should you not take my advice, which is, after all, only an opinion. I would be happy to clarify or discuss any of the points made. You may want to move this somewhere, rather than clutter up your Talk page (also, I find editing your Talkpage really difficult). There's more to come. Not sure how urgent it is, but I'll do it when I can. btw. with all his experience, why didn't you ask GoodDay? "Giggle, giggle"
- In general, I favour no in-line citations in the Lead section. This is because the Lead is/should be a summary of information contained in the rest of the article, which should (of course) be sufficiently referenced.
- “which occurred” is unnecessary in the sentence “was a bombing and shooting attack which occurred on … “ and can be deleted.
- The site of the killings should be defined. If Buskhill has no article with which to link, narrow it down to something like “Buskhill near foo, County Down” or “Buskill, a village about six miles (10 km) north of Newry, County Down”.
- In the sentence “Three serving UDR soldiers later received life sentences after having been found guilty of perpetrating the killings.” - change “... perpetrating the killings.” to whatever the offence was of which they were found guilty (murder?).
The Miami Showband
- No need for the pipelink in the first sentence. “... from their fans on both sides of the Irish border” is unambiguous.
- Change “In late 1974, the Miami Showband's song Clap Your Hands and Stomp Your Feet (featuring O'Toole on lead vocals) was a big hit in Ireland, reaching #8 in the charts.” to “In late 1974, the Miami Showband's song Clap Your Hands and Stomp Your Feet (featuring O'Toole on lead vocals) reached number eight in the Irish charts.
- Re: Dublin's Portmarnock Country Club - The BBC Style Guide (see False possessives) suggests that that phrasology is “to be avoided at all times."
- “They were prepared to travel anywhere in Northern Ireland to perform live for the benefit and pleasure of their fans.” and, presumaby, for a few bob. Best to re-cast, otherwise they sound like potential saints. Also, they didn't restrict themselves to Northern Ireland, did they?
New Page Patrol survey
New page patrol – Survey Invitation
Hello Jeanne boleyn! The WMF is currently developing new tools to make new page patrolling much easier. Whether you have patrolled many pages or only a few, we now need to know about your experience. The survey takes only 6 minutes, and the information you provide will not be shared with third parties other than to assist us in analyzing the results of the survey; the WMF will not use the information to identify you.
Please click HERE to take part.
You are receiving this invitation because you have patrolled new pages. For more information, please see NPP Survey
March 9 edit-a-thon at MOCA in downtown LA
|LA Meetup: March 9 edit-a-thon at MOCA|
Dear fellow Wikipedian,
You have been invited to a meetup and edit-a-thon at the Museum of Contemporary Art in downtown Los Angeles on Sunday, March 9, 2014 from 11 am to 6 pm! This event is in collaboration with MOCA and the arts collective East of Borneo and aims to improve coverage of LA art since the 1980s. (Even if contemporary art isn't your thing, you're welcome to join too!) Please RSVP here if you're interested.
To opt out of future mailings about LA meetups, please remove your name from this list.
Hi. We're into the last five days of the Women in Red World Contest. There's a new bonus prize of $200 worth of books of your choice to win for creating the most new women biographies between 0:00 on the 26th and 23:59 on 30th November. If you've been contributing to the contest, thank you for your support, we've produced over 2000 articles. If you haven't contributed yet, we would appreciate you taking the time to add entries to our articles achievements list by the end of the month. Thank you, and if participating, good luck with the finale!