Please add your message to the bottom of this page, give it a heading and sign it using four tildes ~~~~.
Edwin D. Fuller Page
Hi Jim! I read all of your notes/suggestions and re-worked the page. I have a few more URLs to update with publisher information but I was hoping you could let me know if I'm on the right track. Can I get the page live again this week?
Also, there's an image I pulled from Edwinfuller.com that was flagged. How do I allow this to be used on Wiki? It's not copyrighted. Thanks! Imjustvisiting (talk) 23:17, 10 December 2018 (UTC)
- Replied on user talk page. Images on Edwinfuller.com don't appear to be tagged as PD Jimfbleak - talk to me? 06:56, 12 December 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks Jim! I'll just proceed without the image. However I just went to make those additional changes you mentioned on my page and it looks like someone removed the draft page due to the image copyright? I thought the image issue was separate from the page. The page is sourced and is still a work in progress and I have spent weeks working on it. How can I get it back? Can you let them know that you've assisted me in this? I really don't want to lose that work... thank you. Imjustvisiting (talk) 00:43, 14 December 2018 (UTC)
- Imjustvisiting. The image was deleted as a copyright violation by admin Ronhjones, who also nominated the text for deletion as a copyright violation with the comment lots of matches with the web site page I have to say that although I pointed out to you that the image was taken from a copyright source, I never thought to check the text. The page Draft:Edwin D. Fuller was then deleted by RHaworth with the reason Unambiguous copyright infringement of edwinfuller.com/about/. You will have to talk to one or both of those admins to see if there is any way forward, but of they are satisfied that the page was a copyright violation, it's unlikely to be restored Jimfbleak - talk to me? 06:48, 14 December 2018 (UTC)
Deletion of Kyoung H Park Page
I have been working towards improving my article so that it fits wikipedia's guidelines. I have found other sources rather than relying too heavily on primary sources. However, much of the significant information about Kyoung H. Park comes from interviews, so I believe the information coming from these primary sources are crucial to understanding Park's Career. I hope you could take a look, and see if the article meets the notability criteria. Thanks for your feedback Booklad123 (talk) 16:14, 12 December 2018 (UTC)
- Replied at User talk:Shalor (Wiki Ed), no evidence of notability Jimfbleak - talk to me? 16:34, 12 December 2018 (UTC)
Art Hack Day Review
Hi, could you please review the draft. I did as recommended, removed redlinks, summarized content and highlighted notable participants. Please review. Will work on some more tonite. Jon Phillips (talk) 23:51, 13 December 2018 (UTC)
- Replied on user talk page Jimfbleak - talk to me? 07:15, 14 December 2018 (UTC)
You may wish to revoke talk page access.--Cahk (talk) 09:33, 14 December 2018 (UTC)
- Cahk, many thanks, revoked Jimfbleak - talk to me? 09:37, 14 December 2018 (UTC)
- New sock popped up just now User talk:Roadmap IT Solutions Pvt Ltd.--Cahk (talk) 09:37, 14 December 2018 (UTC)
- Cahk Thanks, looks like it's been whacked Jimfbleak - talk to me? 11:32, 14 December 2018 (UTC)
Hi Jimfbleak! I had recently created an article about the Canadian International school of Guangzhou which you had deleted. I didn't do any promotion for the school, just post some general introduction for the school. And I wish to retrieve the deleted material for future reference or improvement. Many thanks! — Preceding unsigned comment added by JamesRay513 (talk • contribs) 10:51, 14 December 2018 (UTC)
- JamesRay513, I can't see where you have replied to my COI query. Also I'm not sure in what way the unsourced claims Alberta is one of Canada's most dynamic provinces and an international leader in education... world-class Kindergarten to Grade 12 (K–12) education system has an excellent reputation as one of the best in the English-speaking world... international partners seek opportunities to provide the Alberta Education curriculum... an Alberta High School Diploma that is internationally recognized... outstanding post-secondary institutions... excellent universities can be viewed as anything other than blatant promotion without a single verifiable fact. And of course there is the inevitable in-text spam link to Alberta Education. Please read carefully what I've posted on your talk page, you don't seem to have taken any notice of it. Jimfbleak - talk to me? 11:40, 14 December 2018 (UTC)
- JamesRay513, note that I've fixed the notability link in my previous message to you, and that if you post here again it may be a while before I respond due to RL commitments Jimfbleak - talk to me? 11:44, 14 December 2018 (UTC)
Voting now open for "Military historian of the year" and "Military history newcomer of the year" awards
Voting for our annual Military historian of the year and Military history newcomer of the year awards is open until 23:59 (GMT) on 30 December 2018. Why don't you vote for the editors who you believe have made a real difference to Wikipedia's coverage of military history in 2018? MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 02:17, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
|A very happy Christmas and New Year to you!
May 2019 bring you joy, happiness – and no trolls or vandals!
All the best
Gavin / SchroCat (talk) 21:37, 16 December 2018 (UTC)
Question about COI
Hello, I'm not often editing Wikipedia, so sorry If I'm not comporting correctly...
On Nov 21, I received a notification "You have an obvious conflict of interest and you must declare it [...] You must also reply to the COI request above"
... well, technically, I received three notifications, the two others being for the speedy delete of my draft, which doesn't seem to fit with Wikipedia.
The problem is : I don't fill in any of the cases listed after that (and don't really know how I'm meant to answer too), so I don't get the reason why I'm flagged as COI.
"If you work directly or indirectly for an organisation, or otherwise are acting on its behalf, you are very strongly discouraged from attempting to write an article at all."
I don't work for the subject of my now-deleted draft, neither was paid, forced or pushed for whatever reason into the creation of my draft.
Could you explain to me how am I meant to answer to this problem, and how I can remove the COI flag?
Thank in advance,
220.127.116.11 (talk) 14:42, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
- Replied on user talk page Jimfbleak - talk to me? 16:17, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
Edwin D. Fuller Draft
Hi Jim, I thought approval would be easy to get shouldn't it? I guess I made an assumption. I will try to contact them but I don't have a conflict of interest. Sorry for the confusion... thanks.
Imjustvisiting (talk) 20:49, 17 December 2018 (UTC)
- Imjustvisiting, I think the fact that material posted here can be used commercially is often a step too far for copyright holders. It's easier on German Wikipedia that has a non-commercial licence, but that doesn't help you Jimfbleak - talk to me? 06:44, 18 December 2018 (UTC)
Thanks, Jim. Trying and learning here so I appreciate the help. I see that the copyright is 4frontbranding. If the copyright holder gives permission to use the content on Wiki can we go forward with restoring the draft so I can keep working on it?
Imjustvisiting (talk) 20:53, 18 December 2018 (UTC)
|Wishing you and yours a Happy Holiday Season, from the horse and bishop person. May the year ahead be productive and troll-free. Ealdgyth - Talk 16:59, 18 December 2018 (UTC)
- Ealdgyth, thanks, and best seasonal wishes to you and yours Jimfbleak - talk to me? 06:40, 19 December 2018 (UTC)