Welcome to Wikipedia!
Speedy deletion nomination of Yandex Maps
Hello, and welcome to Wikipedia. This is a notice to inform you that a tag has been placed on Yandex Maps requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under section A3 of the criteria for speedy deletion, because it is an article with no content whatsoever, or whose contents consist only of external links, a "See also" section, book references, category tags, template tags, interwiki links, images, a rephrasing of the title, or an attempt to contact the subject of the article. Please see Wikipedia:Stub for our minimum information standards for short articles. Also please note that articles must be on notable subjects and should provide references to reliable sources that verify their content.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Click here to contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be removed without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. If the page is deleted, and you wish to retrieve the deleted material for future reference or improvement, you can place a request here. 08:58, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
I am a newbie on Wikipedia. Please help me on my concerns below:
How will I check if my account is optimized? How will I know if an article is a subject for deletion? I just received a notice about an empty article I edited. My bad for not checking the rules. How to create a subpage in userpage? Who can review my draft articles for approval before uploading?
Thank you, Joancdocyogen 10:44, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
- Welcome to Wikipedia. I have moved this down, because new contributions go at the bottom of talk pages, so as to keep the conversation in order.
- Taking your points in order
- Accounts are not "optimised" - I'm not sure what you mean.
- If an article you wrote is nominated for deletion, you will get a notice on this talk page, like the Yandex one above.
- To create a sub-page, you can simply type into the search box "User:Joancdocyogen" followed by a forward-slash character "/" and the page name, e.g. "User:Joancdocyogen/Draft". A useful way to make a sub-page for a draft article is to click on Help:Userspace draft and fill in the article title. That will make a draft page for you, with a link to helpful advice.
- The draft page will also have a button marked "Submit", which you can use when the article is ready to send it to WP:Articles for creation, where an experienced user will check it and either accept it or give you feedback.
- There is good general advice at WP:Your first article, and more in the links from the Welcome message at the top of this page. Regards, JohnCD (talk) 12:09, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
Thank you JohnCD. Appreciate your help. Joancdocyogen 12:28, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
Perhaps Help:Link is a useful page to read. Especially how to create wikilinks. Ow, and please, don't use external links in plain text. 23:55, 6 August 2013 (UTC)
new editor questions-refs...
Welcome to wikipedia. I hope you can get & give something to wikipedia & the world. I'll be glad to help.
Your ? first had me a bit stuck as I had setup my options so long ago I had trouble figuring what they were-now I've figured what they are by trial & error & feel better knowing how to set (some of) it up.
To add refs nicely I suggest enabling under Preferences/editing/"Show edit toolbar"-the right most button "Cite" allows a fill-in form for different kind of refs. There are many tools there and other options in Preferences which you may find useful-I'd suggest you try them out if you have time-it depends on whether you are doing more edits or new pages. Changes are activated by saving Preferences then refreshing the wikipedia page you are working on (no restart required).
One I find very useful is wikEd, which has many of the same options & more tho not "Cite" (that I can find) unfortunately. I'd be lost without the wysiwyg it provides-again seeing is believing: Preferences/gadgets/Editing, wikEd, "a full-featured integrated text editor for Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome."
I hope this is useful to you.
Speedy deletion nomination of WAPP: The Wealth Account Priority Payment
A tag has been placed on WAPP: The Wealth Account Priority Payment, requesting that it be deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under two or more of the criteria for speedy deletion, by which articles can be deleted at any time, without discussion. If the page meets any of these strictly-defined criteria, then it may be soon be deleted by an administrator. The reasons it has been tagged are:
- It seems to be unambiguous advertising which only promotes a company, product, group, service or person and would need to be fundamentally rewritten in order to become encyclopedic. (See section G11 of the criteria for speedy deletion.) Please read the guidelines on spam and Wikipedia:FAQ/Business for more information.
- It appears to be about a person, organization (band, club, company, etc.), individual animal, or web content, but it does not indicate how or why the subject is important or significant: that is, why an article about that subject should be included in an encyclopedia. (See section A7 of the criteria for speedy deletion.) Such articles may be deleted at any time. Please see the guidelines for what is generally accepted as notable.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Click here to contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be removed without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. If the page is deleted, and you wish to retrieve the deleted material for future reference or improvement, you can place a request here. I am One of Many (talk) 05:29, 17 August 2013 (UTC)
Deletion discussion about AppsFreedom, Inc.
I wanted to let you know that there's a discussion about whether AppsFreedom, Inc. should be deleted. Your comments are welcome at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/AppsFreedom, Inc. .
If you're new to the process, articles for deletion is a group discussion (not a vote!) that usually lasts seven days. If you need it, there is a guide on how to contribute. Last but not least, you are highly encouraged to continue improving the article; just be sure not to remove the tag about the deletion nomination from the top.